PDA

View Full Version : Swing Time

Stuart
23rd-December-2004, 10:20 AM
Anyone who is fortunate to have finished work by now or is still able to programme the video may be interested in the following:

23 December 2004 BBC2 12:05 to 13:45

"Swing Time" Dazzling musical comedy starring Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.

Lynn
23rd-December-2004, 11:54 AM
Anyone who is fortunate to have finished work by now or is still able to programme the video may be interested in the following:

"Swing Time" Dazzling musical comedy starring Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. Or anyone working from home today when they haven't much work to do... hmm, that's just about lunchtime, maybe it will be time for a break by then!

BeeBee
23rd-December-2004, 12:36 PM

"Swing Time" Dazzling musical comedy starring Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.

Cheers Stuart! Leaving work shortly for the hols :clap: :clap: :clap: :D :clap:
and that sounds like a fine choice for some lunchtime TV viewing! Cheers :hug:

Have a good holiday . . . :flower:
Beebs

Lynn
23rd-December-2004, 06:51 PM
Didn't watch it as my Britroc video arrived and I got sidetracked watching that! First time I have seen myself on video dancing - really useful, I can see lots of things I need to improve :tears: :grin:

Feelingpink
23rd-December-2004, 07:14 PM
Thanks Stuart - I switched on & watched today ... totally fabulous ... especially the dance lesson where Lucky (Astaire) is pretending to have two left feet, just so he can meet the teacher! :nice:

Stuart
23rd-December-2004, 10:09 PM
I think that it was the first Fred and Ginger film I have actually seen (I did programme the video for one once, but it was cancelled to make way for a news programme). I was really impressed by it.

Minnie M
23rd-December-2004, 10:34 PM
Great film, seen it a few times but still enjoy it :worthy:

There was a quickstep routine that F & G performed in the film which I thought was very much like the routine danced by Denise & Ian in SDC - anyone else notice that ?

Yogi_Bear
23rd-December-2004, 11:03 PM
Great film, seen it a few times but still enjoy it :worthy:

There was a quickstep routine that F & G performed in the film which I thought was very much like the routine danced by Denise & Ian in SDC - anyone else notice that ?Hmm, not sure about that, though I can see what you mean, but I did watch all the way through and taped all the dance routines (except for Fred's solo Bojangles of Harlem routine). As always, some fabulous dancing to watch, but I found the rest of the film a bit tedious. For sheer pizazz I prefer Fred's films with Cyd Charisse....!
Might try 'Footloose' later tonight in case there's anything worth watching....
yb

Rhythm King
24th-December-2004, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the tip, I've taped it to watch over X-mas. BTW good call, have some rep.

R-K

Chef
24th-December-2004, 01:14 PM
There was a Fred and Ginger season on TV a few months ago and I recorded them all because I like dance stuff on TV and my mum loves old films but can't work out to operate the video recorder or stay awake long enough to watch them live.

I have also recorded stuff on ballet and the excellent series "Dancers Body" and "Travels with my tutu" both by Debora Bull, and the BBC4 dance week performances.

Just an Idea. Since dance comes on TV (not including SCD) so rarely, would it be worth having a permanent place on this forum so that as we get a "heads up" on some dance related TV about to happen, members can post it so that the other memebers don't miss the shows? :clap:

Now that I am thinking about this it has just occured to me to go and have a look to see if there is something similar to the "book club" section on this forum that might be a "dance video reccomendations" section.

bigdjiver
24th-December-2004, 02:16 PM
...I have also recorded stuff on ballet and the excellent series "Dancers Body" and "Travels with my tutu" both by Debora Bull, and the BBC4 dance week performances.... I loved that Debbie "tutu" programme on Jive. Unfortunately the local transmitter suffered an interrmittent breakdown during the programme, and the programme, which I recorded, has great chunks missing. If it ever gets repeated I would like to know about it, and recommend it to others. As I remember it was No 1 in the series.

I loved her quote along the lines: personally speaking, I want to disgrace a dancefloor somewhere...

no rep for Chef - I got the spread it around message :tears:

Stuart
24th-December-2004, 03:04 PM
I loved that Debbie "tutu" programme on Jive. Unfortunately the local transmitter suffered an interrmittent breakdown during the programme, and the programme, which I recorded, has great chunks missing. If it ever gets repeated I would like to know about it, and recommend it to others. As I remember it was No 1 in the series.

I loved her quote along the lines: personally speaking, I want to disgrace a dancefloor somewhere...

no rep for Chef - I got the spread it around message :tears:

That programme was responsible for me taking up Modern Jive!!

Certainly if I see any other programmes advertised, I'll put them on here.

bigdjiver
24th-December-2004, 04:29 PM
That programme was responsible for me taking up Modern Jive!!.

Be grateful they did not show the Belly Dancing one first - or is there something you have not told us?

Certainly if I see any other programmes advertised, I'll put them on here Thanks, as will I