PDA

View Full Version : SCD Champs of Champs 2004

Minnie M
22nd-December-2004, 11:29 PM
Didn't they do well :clap:

Must admit I was hoping Aled would win, not that he was the best but it was the most emotional

Jill & Darren were great but actually thought that Denise should have won

Great entertainment - worth staying in for :yeah:

Yogi_Bear
22nd-December-2004, 11:45 PM

Must admit I was hoping Aled would win, not that he was the best but it was the most emotional

Yes, I am a big Jill and Darren fan. They must have won the popular vote but I was surprised, I was expecting Denise and Ian to sneak it. Roll on SCD3.

bigdjiver
23rd-December-2004, 01:55 AM
I remain a big Denise fan, and recognise the star quality of Jill and Darren, but for me the performance that I most enjoyed, as a spectacle, not on technique, was Aled's.

Lynn
23rd-December-2004, 01:59 AM
I found it really hard to choose between Jill & Darren and Denise & Ian. I enjoyed Jill & Darrens dance more, mainly because I think on the whole I prefer the 'latin' to the 'ballroom' style but Denise and Ian were also excellent.

Tiggerbabe
23rd-December-2004, 02:04 AM
I voted for Aled too - thought he did really well. :clap: :clap: Jill and Darren were great though :D
Loved Erin's outfit, very Christmassy :wink: :waycool:

Stuart
23rd-December-2004, 08:42 AM
It was all very enjoyable.

I had to admit that I was intrigued as to how Aled and Lilya were going to dance a samba to "The Snowman", but I thought they did it really well.

Lynn
23rd-December-2004, 12:00 PM
It was all very enjoyable. :yeah: They all did very well, even the 'underdog' Martin was really getting into it and having fun. Interesting that the series one winners Brendan and Natasha didn't do as well as expected - was this because they hadnt practised enough recently or because Jill and Denise were better dancers? Does this say something about the need to practise? (And if so, should I just give up now as I can only get to classes and dance with experienced dancers about 3-4 times a year! :tears: Or should I take up ballroom instead as at least then I can dance regularly!)

David Franklin
23rd-December-2004, 12:19 PM
Interesting that the series one winners Brendan and Natasha didn't do as well as expected - was this because they hadnt practised enough recently or because Jill and Denise were better dancers?I guess it depends on what you expected - most were predicting Jill and Denise would be better dancers, though I did think Natasha would get more of the public vote than Denise. Natasha still "won" out the SCD1 couples, but the standard was definitely higher in series 2. I think one factor with Natasha's popularity is people tend to remember the freestyle more than the other rounds, and that is the one category where I'd say Natasha and Brendon have a lead over everyone else. But there was no freestyle round here...

Dave

Kay
23rd-December-2004, 12:27 PM
I'm glad Jill and Darren won as I thoroughly enjoyed their performance :clap:
I also thought Aled and Lilia's performance was great and I voted for them as well :clap:
Kay.

Graham W
23rd-December-2004, 05:08 PM

..funny I thought the same about Aled & Lilia - it was like they were trying to do something different

fair result thu..

I hope they dont milk it too much thu :-)

G