PDA

View Full Version : Taxi Dancers and Teachers First Night Experiences!

Stuart M
11th-November-2002, 10:51 AM
Being a demo partner for the first time is definitely scarier than starting out taxiing. All I can remember is Mairi shaking my hand discreetly every couple of minutes and whispering "Relax!" :sorry :sorry .

Block of wood describes it perfectly, Bill - though I hope I didn't go quite as red as Brady did on Saturday :wink:

It does get easier, though. And I bet it's nothing compared to taking your first class.

Lisa
11th-November-2002, 11:27 AM
Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to say I had a fantastic time at the Glasgow party on Saturday.:D :D :D Thanks to EVERYONE for giving Audrey and myself the very warm Glasgow welcome and for making the party lots and lots of fun. We had some fab dances! Franck, you'll be pleased to know that I managed to avoid any scandal :innocent:

Thanks to Brady for being absolutely awesome on stage. Shimmy John Travolta eat your heart out! I'm positive he wasn't blushing too much. I shall have to try harder next time! :wink: :devil: Mairi....tips how to make Brady blush on stage please!

Now that my "glasgow party virginity" has been taken, I'm really looking forward to the party on the 23rd. Having heard CJ's tracks first hand now I think the music from him and DJ curtain will be fantastic. No pressure of course! Two topclass DJs!

Enough sugar already but it was fun!

See you all soon, Lisa x

CJ
11th-November-2002, 11:42 AM
Talking about his man-breasts is known to do the trick:wink:

Thanks for great class on Sat. You weren't too nervous were you? (see, back on thread already!!) You were the epitome of cool. Well, compared to Brady that is.

Have demoed a few times. Rather bizarrely, don't remember being nervous. As a stage performer anyway, I was aware that my teacher (Jean, first time) had put me there because she thought I could do what was necessary. She did all the hard work and I just had to make her look good whilst dancing (NOT difficult).

Demo-ing with Mairi is slightly different because she is SO bloody well off her head, you never know what's coming next:what:

Later, peeps.

Brady
11th-November-2002, 01:54 PM
I don't ever remember being nervous or such the first night that I was a taxi. It was really just another night but with a focus on dancing with the beginners; a chance to give back some of the knowledge that was passed to me from the taxi dancers when I started.

The first night on stage with Mairi was not too embarassing or nerve racking, as I had previously helped her and Alison with workshops. But, as CJ mentioned, you never know what to expect from Mairi!!! I think we both embarassed ourselves while showing the beginners routine one night and as we approached the fourth move, we both looked at each other with a blank stare; both having forgot what the move was! Or did nobody notice???!!!!

Now, with respect to the Sat. night party, I did get a bit embarrased with the shimmy, as I know I can't do it to save my life!!! Next time I won't threaten Lisa in advance, as it obviously backfired on me. Plus, she's too nice to do that to me twice!!!:wink:

Graham
11th-November-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Brady
Now, with respect to the Sat. night party, I did get a bit embarrased with the shimmy, as I know I can't do it to save my life!!! Next time I won't threaten Lisa in advance, as it obviously backfired on me. Plus, she's too nice to do that to me twice!!!:wink:
Without wishing to dispute how nice Lisa might be (I've never spoken to or danced with her so can't comment) you've just pinned a "kick me" sign on your butt! :wink:

Okay, the opening odds are:

2/1 Lisa is nice to Brady
8/11 Lisa gives in to temptation and tries even harder to embarrass Brady

Lisa
11th-November-2002, 02:36 PM
Ooooooooh CJ! I see you are a man who likes to court trouble. :eek: Brady and Mairi will repay you in kind for that post I'm sure! :grin:

Having done the delicate hands on chest move with Brady....I can assure you there were no breasts of any sort!!!! Maybe a nipple or two...but then my hands were not there long enough to count. EnoughÉ..this is making me blush nevermind Brady! :o

Me nervous?! Ok I confess, but only a ickle bit but don't tell anyone!!!!!!! :eek: I'd heard about your legendary "distracting tactics" but you obviously didn't do your worst on Sat!!! ;) There's your challenge for the next time! I was excited nervous on Sat but I think is a good thing. I soon relaxed when I saw that everyone in Glasgow looked like they were there to have a good party regardless of the class!

I'm not sure what advice I can recommend to anyone going on stage about nerves as I'm still relatively new to the game. However, I always have a wee bit of chocolate before I go on stage......it calms me down and it probably has the same effect on me as G+Ts have on Franck. The only other personal trick I use is one my Mum used on me when I was a kid. Mum would always cheer me up or stop me from being shy/nervous by telling me to "say sexy without smiling". I honestly still can't say that word without smiling twenty odd years on! An instant pick me up and banishment of nerves! But please please don't believe that's what I'm always thinking when I'm smiling!

Will look forward to hearing what revenge Brady and Mairi have in mind for you!

Lisa x :cheers:

Lisa
11th-November-2002, 02:43 PM
Opps! A reply in the meantime!

Brady... what can I say? Respect to your shimmies! Far better than mine! All good fun.

Graham...can't I be both nice to Brady but still try to make him blush more?! :wink::wink:

Graham...I'm sorry we've never danced. I did try to get around as many men and women on Sat as possible. But when a girl has to do all the asking all the time what can I say?! Lets seek each other out for a dance or few at the Glasgow party on the 23rd! How will I know who you are?

Lisa x

John S
11th-November-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Lisa

Graham................Lets seek each other out for a dance or few at the Glasgow party on the 23rd! How will I know who you are?

Lisa x

Lisa - he'll be like this until you've danced with him. :sad: :tears:

Then he'll be like this. :nice: :yum: :devil: :cheers:

Graham - get in quick and dance with Lisa - she is sooooo nice and a fandabadozy dancer. And she smiles a lot (irrespective of what she might be thinking about) so just enjoy the fantasy!!!!!

Graham
11th-November-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by John S

Graham - get in quick and dance with Lisa - she is sooooo nice and a fandabadozy dancer. You mean she dances like Jimmy Krankie? :wink:

Lisa
11th-November-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Graham
You mean she dances like Jimmy Krankie? :wink:

Hehe! I'm partial to a bit of Krankie humour. But I hope you realise that I'm now inspired to make our first dance as funny, comical and daft as possible!

Lisa x

Lisa
11th-November-2002, 07:33 PM

Graham - get in quick and dance with Lisa - she smiles a lot !!!!! [/B]

Well, my fellow smiler :):):):)-I expect lots of smiles when you visit Aberdeen again. Thanks for the compliment......now, how much do I owe you?

Lisa x

Graham
11th-November-2002, 09:17 PM

Hehe! I'm partial to a bit of Krankie humour. But I hope you realise that I'm now inspired to make our first dance as funny, comical and daft as possible!

Lisa x

D'oh!!! I can't believe I made the same mistake Brady did!! :wink: Why couldn't I just be nice for once?? :grin:

Wendy
11th-November-2002, 10:31 PM
Graham - get in quick and dance with Lisa - John !! John!!! That's him - my other half !!! Still don't believe me, right ??? You think he's just some cyber dancer I've made up . And bet you can't guess his pet name for me ... STALKER !!!! Sweet isn't it ???

Wx

PS Any idea where he is ??? He won't take my calls !!!

Lisa
12th-November-2002, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Wendy
John !! John!!! That's him - my other half !!! Still don't believe me, right ??? You think he's just some cyber dancer I've made up . And bet you can't guess his pet name for me ... STALKER !!!! Sweet isn't it ???

Wx

PS Any idea where he is ??? He won't take my calls !!! Hiya Wendy love!

Of course I believe you! Please, do pray tell....what's your nickname for him then?

Lisa x

Lisa
12th-November-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Graham
D'oh!!! I can't believe I made the same mistake Brady did!! :wink: Why couldn't I just be nice for once?? :grin:
Hey....it'll be fun. :D :D :D I'm working on the moves already. :devil: I promise I won't wear those shorts of do the voice though! If anyone has any ideas please post here!

Lisa x

Franck
12th-November-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Jon
Ok all you Guys / Gals who teach Ceroc (taxi's and teachers) out there, what was your first ever night of teaching like?

- Were you terrified of being in front of a crowd of people
- Do you still get butterflys today
- How'd it make you feel
- Any tips for new teachers
- What jokes did you tell
- Any awkward moments like 'How do I teach that move again'Hi Jon,

Good topic :nice:

Well, in truth, I have trouble remembering exactly how I felt the first time I got on stage to teach... I do remember the teacher training though, and how humiliating it felt :sorry
Typically, I would worry before stepping up on stage, but once there, the adrenalin rush just carries me through, and what a buzz it can be!
10 years later, I still get the odd butterfly moment, especially when teaching at a new night. As Lisa said, I like a G&T just before getting on stage, but not so much to steady my nerves rather than to perk me up if needed :wink:

The best tip for new teachers, is to be yourself and relax (easy to say I know :nice: ). If you have a passion for dancing, then your class will pick up on it and everything will be fine, even if your radio-mike goes wonky, your trousers rip, you forget a move (or the whole routine), you can't remember the name of your demonstrator / taxi-dancers, you drop your partner, you have a really bad cold / sore shoulder/feet/etc...
Of course, none of the above, ever happened to me :wink: :na:

Franck.

John S
12th-November-2002, 03:28 PM
Well, my fellow smiler :):):):)-I expect lots of smiles when you visit Aberdeen again. Thanks for the compliment......now, how much do I owe you?

Lisa x Another dance tonight at Peterculter, I hope - especially if you're dressed as Jimmy Krankie.
:kiss:

John S
12th-November-2002, 03:31 PM
John !! John!!! That's him - my other half !!! .............................

Any idea where he is ??? He won't take my calls !!! Well, Wendy, as the night has come and gone since you asked this question I hope he's turned up by now!:what:

Wendy
16th-November-2002, 05:08 PM
Well, Wendy, as the night has come and gone since you asked this question I hope he's turned up by now!:what:

Probably - haven't noticed - been on the forum !!!!

Wx

Wendy
16th-November-2002, 05:16 PM

Please, do pray tell....what's your nickname for him then?

Now that depends on lots of things !!!! Anything from Honey, Muffin, or Handsome Prince ..... down to ... Hey You !!! Get off that ***** forum !!!. And now we throw wink, yummy, devil smiley faces into our non cyber conversations - I think we've both gone completely bonkers !!!

Wx

PS Here we both are again in the same room on separate computers ... sad isn't it !!! Maybe I should move to Aberdeen :wink:

Jayne
18th-November-2002, 05:45 PM

And now we throw wink, yummy, devil smiley faces into our non cyber conversations - I think we've both gone completely bonkers !!!

me too - even in text messages.. my excuse was withdrawal symptoms from not being here for a week - what's yours? :what:

Catch ya wednesday...

Jayne
:nice: