PDA

View Full Version : I am so sad!!!

Bardsey
21st-December-2004, 02:54 PM
Here is a picture of my cat, Smeagol, who died yesterday. He has been my companion for 16 years and I'm inconsolable!

Jill x

Will
21st-December-2004, 03:22 PM
Condolences :flower:

At least 16 was a good long innings (my cat was 14 when she died), and he does look very peaceful.

Will

Gadget
21st-December-2004, 03:34 PM
:tears:

Pammy
21st-December-2004, 03:44 PM
Absolutely rotten news.

He was a real lovely boy and it was great having him come in a wake you up in the mornings at your place (much better than Des jumping on the bed first thing).

Having lost my old dog I know how bad you feel. Something all pet owners have to go through and such a terrible feeling of loss, especially so near to Christmas as that tends to be a time we all focus on our pets.

He really was a lovely old softie and as previously commented, a very happy and content cat with it.

My thoughts are with you.

Pamster
x

filthycute
21st-December-2004, 03:46 PM
So Sorry to hear your news Jill. :(
We lost our cat last year so i know that there isn't much anyone can say to ease the hurt. I found comfort going through all my photos of my cat. If he's as mad as a hatter (most cats are :rolleyes: ) then i'm sure you managed to snap him in all sorts of poses. Hopefully the smiles will overcome, and your everlasting memories will help you bounce back.

Melanie & James x x :hug:

Lynn
21st-December-2004, 03:56 PM
Here is a picture of my cat, Smeagol, who died yesterday. He has been my companion for 16 years and I'm inconsolable!

Jill x My beloved dog Cassie also died yesterday. She had been with us for 17 years. It is heartbreaking, I understand completely what you are going through. I miss her so much already.

filthycute
21st-December-2004, 04:08 PM
Sorry to hear your news aswell Lynn. :(
Maybe you should put a picture on here too. A nice reminder :nice:

Melanie x :hug:

Lynn
21st-December-2004, 04:12 PM
Sorry to hear your news aswell Lynn. :(
Maybe you should put a picture on here too. A nice reminder :nice:

Melanie x :hug: Thank you. :hug: I'll scan one in and post it tomorrow. It is nice to think of the long and very happy life she had, lots of good memories.

Andy McGregor
21st-December-2004, 04:19 PM
A friend from dancing passed away this morning. I was feeling a bit numb and hadn't really been able to cry about it. When I read about your cat it helped me let go :tears:

Thank you Bardsey for sharing your feelings with us. It shows how nice everyone on here can be when it really matters :flower:

Lynn
21st-December-2004, 04:27 PM
A friend from dancing passed away this morning. I was feeling a bit numb and hadn't really been able to cry about it. When I read about your cat it helped me let go :tears: Sorry to hear about your friend Andy.
Thank you Bardsey for sharing your feelings with us. It shows how nice everyone on here can be when it really matters :flower: And also thanks to Jill from me as I wanted to share about Cassie as well.

Dreadful Scathe
21st-December-2004, 05:42 PM
16, thats not a bad age. Think of the happy times he has shared with you, you can remember the good times for the rest of your life and always get a happy surge when you need it most :) .

Bardsey
22nd-December-2004, 10:59 AM
Thanks to everyone for your support. It makes me feel so much better.

Andy, I am so sorry about your friend, and so close to Christmas too. I know his family must be distraught! Hope it doesn't put too much of a damper on your Christmas! :kiss:

Lynn, sorry to hear about your Cassie, too. :flower: She is probably happily chasing Smeagol round pet heaven as we speak (don't fancy her chances though, all the dogs were scared of Smeagol round our way - yes Pamster, hard to believe isn't it, but I think the dogs thought of him as "that big, cute, cuddly, ball of b*st*rd" and kept their distance!)

(PS Hey Will, he was only asleep in that pic....its not post-mortem!)