PDA

View Full Version : Cold cordylines

DianaS
17th-December-2004, 02:52 PM
I have a deep red cordlines that was looking rather cold, so I lifted its leaves and secured them together into a closed umbrella shap and wrapped them in fleece.
It looks warmer but I'm wondering if it will be able to breathe and photosynthesise.
Please advice me its one of my favourate plants I have already moved it to a sheltered spot.

(PS last year it was fine outside all year but this year its leaves started to droop) :(

Lory
17th-December-2004, 05:51 PM
I have a deep red cordlines that was looking rather cold, so I lifted its leaves and secured them together into a closed umbrella shap and wrapped them in fleece.
It looks warmer but I'm wondering if it will be able to breathe and photosynthesise.
Please advice me its one of my favourate plants I have already moved it to a sheltered spot.

(PS last year it was fine outside all year but this year its leaves started to droop) :(
Hi Diana, I know I live further south than you but I've got a few cordylines, two of which a so big now, that there's no way I could even reach the leaves let alone wrap them up. :what:

I've never bothered to wrap them and they've alway's survived! :flower:

jivecat
17th-December-2004, 07:32 PM
I think they'll be alright wrapped in fleece, as long as they have not got plastic sealed around them. Don't know why they're drooping, though. Try asking www.uk.gardenweb.com/forums/ukgard. Don't worry, it's not as addictive as this one.