PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolution

Bangers & Mash
17th-December-2004, 02:06 AM
Well, I've had a few ideas of mine own and have had a few suggested to me

1 - think it, don't say it
2 - go bury your head

My resolutions over the years have ranged from "lose weight", "stop drinking" to "do whatever it takes"

For this year, I thought about "be the person I would like to be"

Buit what about everybody else out there?

Come on guys -- resolutions???
:blush:

Stuart
17th-December-2004, 09:23 AM
The resolution that I usually make that I have been able to keep, apart from when I took up Ceroc, is not to make any resolutions!

drathzel
17th-December-2004, 10:20 AM
1)Save money ( also from last year and i have done it but i want to save more now)
2)Be happier!

:hug:

philsmove
17th-December-2004, 10:35 AM
1)Save money ( also from last year and i have done it but i want to save more now)
2)Be happier!

:hug:

Dear Drazel

I’m very sorry to tell you this but your resolutions are incompatible

It has been established on this forum; beyond all reasonable doubt: The root of all happiest is shoes and lots of them

You cannot save money and have lots of shoes

Therefore you cannot possibly save money and be happy :hug:

drathzel
17th-December-2004, 10:57 AM
Dear Drazel

It has been established on this forum; beyond all reasonable doubt: The root of all happiest is shoes and lots of them

Dear Philsmove

I believe that although this could be true, it could also be false, depending on how much you earn!

£x-(rent, food, dance classes) = spare £

x shoes = spare £- £ saved

See it can be done!!!

Thank you for your concern

D :hug:

BeeBee
17th-December-2004, 11:04 AM
Well, I've . . . . have had a few suggested to me

1 - think it, don't say it

:rofl: :yeah: Yep, can empathise with you there on that one Bangers! Still havent quite learned lesson (1), but getting better . . . sometimes :o

Tend not to make resolutions any more, I never keep them longer than a couple of days, irrespective of the best of intentions. Hey ho!

Good luck with yours this year! :clap:
Beebs

BeeBee
17th-December-2004, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=philsmove]

QUOTE]

So thats what I'm doing wrong - all this time . . . :whistle: :D

Bangers & Mash
17th-December-2004, 11:12 AM
:rofl: :yeah: Yep, can empathise with you there on that one Bangers! Still havent quite learned lesson (1), but getting better . . . sometimes :o

Tend not to make resolutions any more, I never keep them longer than a couple of days, irrespective of the best of intentions. Hey ho!

Good luck with yours this year! :clap:
Beebs

I've been TOLD to make resolution 1. Resolution 2 was an offered alternative if I broke resolution 1. :rofl:

BeeBee
17th-December-2004, 11:21 AM
I've been TOLD to make resolution 1. Resolution 2 was an offered alternative if I broke resolution 1. :rofl:

:rofl: :hug:

Maybe thats what I've got coming to me!! :rofl:

stewart38
17th-December-2004, 11:54 AM
Dear Drazel

Steal the shoes save money and still be happy :waycool:

Bigger Andy
17th-December-2004, 01:46 PM
I don't do New Year's resolutions.

I feel that if something is worth doing then I will do it when I can rather than waiting for 1st Jan !

drathzel
17th-December-2004, 01:47 PM

ahhh worht thinking about! dont tell anyone though! :devil:

philsmove
17th-December-2004, 02:01 PM

Anyway, it has to be Cinders, (coz I lost a dance shoe on Saturday)
Elaine
now we know who to blame

ToeTrampler
17th-December-2004, 02:15 PM
I was thinking of going for 600 dpi next year; it's a nice middle of the road figure and doesn't use up too many resources :flower:

Rachel
17th-December-2004, 04:16 PM
I'm afraid mine will have to be spending much less time on the forum, which will mean not having to work so late to make up for all the time I've wasted, which means having more than 15 minutess to relax when I get home from work before having to go out in the evening....

which will mean less exhaustion, getting up on time and not being late for work, leaving work on time, so more relax time and more energy to work on and improve my dancing, therefore more confidence to enter competitions, and win that elusive intermediate trophy!
Rachel

Lynn
17th-December-2004, 04:55 PM
Resolution - Learn how to say no when someone asks me to do something - have been trying this, but still end up with not enough hours in the week. (Mind you I am on the forum a lot, I could cut back on that...) And along with that is make more time to do things I enjoy.

Icey
2nd-December-2005, 11:59 AM
So, did anyone keep these resolutions that were consdiered last year?

Mine was to stop smoking, which I have managed (so far). I had my last cigarette just before midnight NYE and from 00.01 1st Jan 2005 I have not smoked.

TiggsTours
2nd-December-2005, 12:31 PM
The resolution that I usually make that I have been able to keep, apart from when I took up Ceroc, is not to make any resolutions!
:yeah:

If a change is worth making, its worth making no matter what time of year. The only time you will stick to a change is when the time is right, and your level of determination is, and you can never set a date to when this will happen.

New Years Resolutions are always bound to fail, and new life resolution is the only thing that works, and can be made any day of the year.

Chicklet
2nd-December-2005, 12:45 PM
my resolution is to not post anything I have made up on the forum next year.

...think about it.

Icey
2nd-December-2005, 12:56 PM
my resolution is to not post anything I have made up on the forum next year.

...think about it.

:confused: Sorry Chicklet, I don't follow you there. I get the bit about not posting stuff that has been made up, but the thinking about it part? I'm a little thick today and confused.

wicked blue
2nd-December-2005, 01:14 PM
My new years resolution is to give up new years resolutions!!! :clap:

mooncalf
2nd-December-2005, 01:21 PM
My new years resolution is to give up new years resolutions!!! :clap:

I suggest you try and give up on the road rage.

Msfab
2nd-December-2005, 01:27 PM

And you the Pining!!! :na:

mooncalf
2nd-December-2005, 01:30 PM
And you the Pining!!! :na:

Who are you accusing of pining?

ducasi
2nd-December-2005, 03:37 PM
At the beginning of the year, after some thought, I emailed my closest friends a declaration on some of my new year's resolutions. I won't go into the detail I did then, but let's see how I did...

1) I want to get more active, and thus fitter.

Took up Ceroc, and it's done a lot for my level of fitness.

2) I want to see more films.

That was working really well until I took up Ceroc, now I have less time for the cinema, but I still get to more films that I did in the past.

3) I want to take more proper holidays.

Well I've been away from home a lot this year, but haven't managed to take a proper holiday at all.

There were other things I didn't feel I needed to declare to anybody, which I think I've done not too bad with in parts...

Over-all though, I'd say they were a success. Need to work on that holiday thing though... Maybe that will go into my 2006 resolutions, but I haven't given them much thought yet.

Chicklet
2nd-December-2005, 03:45 PM
:confused: Sorry Chicklet, I don't follow you there. I get the bit about not posting stuff that has been made up, but the thinking about it part? I'm a little thick today and confused.
just that it's not next year yet....
so I won't have started....

CeeCee
2nd-December-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Lynn
Resolution - Learn how to say no when someone asks me to do something - have been trying this, but still end up with not enough hours in the week.
It's hard to please everybody all of the time. I had real problem with this a few years ago, watching an Oprah Winfrey show at the time helped me out. It’s not easy so good luck Lynn.

wicked blue
4th-December-2005, 12:33 PM

mm pots and kettles mooncalf!

mooncalf
4th-December-2005, 02:47 PM
mm pots and kettles mooncalf!

well its a big responsibility making sure a princess gets back to her castle and it didn't help having MsFab there winding me up.

Msfab
4th-December-2005, 04:33 PM
well its a big responsibility making sure a princess gets back to her castle and it didn't help having MsFab there winding me up.

Hmm and who was giving you directions? :cool:

Anyway you are more than capable of winding youself up without my help!

Bangers & Mash
6th-December-2005, 11:01 AM
Hmm resolutions...

Well here's a thought

Most people seem to confuse a good life with a long life. When I die, I want my epitaph to read "John Dunning died today. It was worth it!"

I had the opportunity yesterday to compare my life now with life five years ago.
- Five years ago, it was business opportunities galore, work, money and a real adrenalin rush from mixing and working with some big names in industry.
- Now, I have the reputation of "knowing more about Amsterdam than the Dutch people", am surrounded by some amazing friends from all nationalities and walks of life, seem to get myself into all kinds of scrapes and adventures; managed to text a friend at 5.30am with a message "You'll never believe the adventure I've just had" and got a reply of "I think I would" and have been physically exhausted for the last 12 months. On top of that I followed the advice of "do something every day that scares you" and have managed to terrify myself a couple of times. Finally, business is looking good as well and this time it is with people who live life to the full. Now, I always wonder if today will be my last day and if it is I always know it will be worth it!

So my resolution is this

When I die, I want my epitaph to read "John Dunning died today. It was worth it!"