PDA

View Full Version : The Gruffalo

Gus
16th-December-2004, 03:34 PM
Those of you who dont teach little kids or dont have little kids better just ignore this thread.......

Guys, just found out that there is a DVD of The Gruffalo ... a stage production. Has anyone seen it? Would love to buy it for my neices but at £13 for 48 minutes it seems a bit steep. Anyone want to venturr as to whether its good value or not?

drathzel
16th-December-2004, 03:39 PM
Those of you who dont teach little kids or dont have little kids better just ignore this thread.......

Guys, just found out that there is a DVD of The Gruffalo ... a stage production. Has anyone seen it? Would love to buy it for my neices but at £13 for 48 minutes it seems a bit steep. Anyone want to venturr as to whether its good value or not?

Never seen it but have heard about it. Let me know what you do! I'd like to hear how it is!

CJ
16th-December-2004, 03:44 PM
I think it's excellent value.

It works out at about 3mins 40secs worth for every pound. I don't know about extra features: making of, deleted scenes, outtakes, blooper reel with beeps in, etc.

However, I do know Gruffalos are VERY expensive to hire, and the one they used for this production seemed to have quite an ego: hence the expense.

However, they plan to advertise for a new Gruffalo so the sequel should be a little cheaper.

Gus
16th-December-2004, 03:48 PM
However, I do know Gruffalos are VERY expensive to hire, and the one they used for this production seemed to have quite an ego: hence the expense.CJ ... you know VERY well that "there's no such thing as a Gruffalo!"

Come on pal ... you going to have to go some to persuade me that you've read The Gruffalo!

CJ
16th-December-2004, 03:53 PM
CJ ... you know VERY well that "there's no such thing as a Gruffalo!"

Come on pal ... you going to have to go some to persuade me that you've read The Gruffalo!

Well, I heard about the book, I wanted to read one...

So, I went over the hills, and past the mountains and what do you know?!?
There's no such thing as (a book on) a Gruffalo!! :wink:

philsmove
16th-December-2004, 03:58 PM
CJ ... you know VERY well that "there's no such thing as a Gruffalo!"

!

hmmmm

http://www.gruffalo.com

Gus
16th-December-2004, 04:05 PM
CJ ... you know VERY well that "there's no such thing as a Gruffalo!"I HATE quoting myslef but thanks to Phil ... look at the bottom right of the page on the link below. http://www.gruffalo.com/books_extract.php?id=32