PDA

View Full Version : Sunday T-Jive - Ding dong baby,... ding ding dong.

Toby wan Kenobe
15th-December-2004, 11:07 PM
Amir and 'The Kenobe Dance Experience' bring you:...

The Sunday T-Jive, Hammersmith
Sunday 19th December 2:00 till 5:15pm
:clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers:
Fun and friendly relaxed atmosphere, loungey sofas and chilled out volume so’s you can sit around and chat as well as have a boogie. Over two hours of DJ Kenobe freestyle! Friendly folks, classy dancers, unique tunes and a little elbow space. Fabby tea and cakes and home of 'The Kent House Kocktail'!

2:00pm Fabtastic JiveFusion Class with Amir

3:00-5:00pm The Kenobe Dance Experience
Featuring the Kenobe mix of dance, latino, swing and jazz beats. Leave a message after the tone....

Positively the last one this year, so fill your boots...

Where? The Hammersmith Club, Kent House, Rutland Grove, Hammersmith, London W6.

:clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers:

ChrisA
15th-December-2004, 11:24 PM
Featuring the Kenobe mix of dance, latino, swing and jazz beats.
Carlene Carter?

:devil:

Toby wan Kenobe
15th-December-2004, 11:43 PM
That's it.... you're banned.

No wait a minute I've got a better idea, you can come, but you've got to bring a telephone directory, and a T-shirt I haven't already seen:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ChrisA
15th-December-2004, 11:56 PM
and a T-shirt I haven't already seen
Do I have to wear it?

:what:

Toby wan Kenobe
16th-December-2004, 12:28 AM
Do I have to wear it?
:what:
Wear it??? :what:

No mate, :wink: I need something to polish the knobs on my new decks :eek:

:rofl: :rofl:

Simon r
16th-December-2004, 08:35 AM
Hey tobyyyyyyy (fake aussie accent)

do my best to get down mate just to hear your stunning set ....

the mans a beast you know :rolleyes:

Sparkles
16th-December-2004, 03:32 PM
just to hear your stunning set ....

:tears: :tears: :tears:
(not that Toby's sets aren't good, it's just that he promised to dance with me too...)

I'm afraid I have a bit of a bombshell to drop...
I know you're all going to find it hard to live with but I thought I should warn you to avoid disappointment on the day...
... I may not have time to bake cakes this month :eek: :blush:
Really sorry, everyone. :sad:

S. x

Rhythm King
16th-December-2004, 03:41 PM
(not that Toby's sets aren't good, it's just that he promised to dance with me too...)

I know you're all going to find it hard to live with but I thought I should warn you to avoid disappointment on the day...

S. x

But . . . dances will make up for it :clap: :hug: :clap:

DavidB
16th-December-2004, 03:43 PM
... I may not have time to bake cakes this month Satellites have picked up a series unusual reflections in the Thames Estuary. Initially it was thought that a ship carrying Swarovski crystals may have sunk.
However further investigation has been centered on an incident on Hammersmith Bridge, where about 20 starving dancers appeared to throw someone into the river.
Is is thought that this may be another dancer, as she maintained a nice line all the way down, and broke the surface of the water in time with the music.

Sparkles
16th-December-2004, 03:44 PM
Satellites have picked up a series unusual reflections in the Thames Estuary. Initially it was thought that a ship carrying Swarovski crystals may have sunk.
However further investigation has been centered on an incident on Hammersmith Bridge, where about 20 starving dancers appeared to throw someone into the river.
Is is thought that this may be another dancer, as she maintained a nice line all the way down, and broke the surface of the water in time with the music.

Are you threatening me??? :what:

Rhythm King
16th-December-2004, 03:48 PM
Are you threatening me??? :what:

Must be the DavidB clone again - the real one is far too nice and anyway, he wouldn't move that far from the bar :whistle:

Simon r
16th-December-2004, 04:19 PM

S. x
of course went with out saying but as i am here...

will be travelling down to hamersmith just to dance with Sparkles.... :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Sheepman
16th-December-2004, 05:51 PM
... I may not have time to bake cakes this month Hey, I hope I'm not rationed to just one dance, like I seem to be with the cakes! :tears:

Greg

Simon r
20th-December-2004, 08:46 AM
Great set as always Mr TWK had some fab dances ...

Sparkles wow....

Great to see Marc and Rachel, jive brumie and melanie, divi,

had loads of fun see you all next mounth

simon :hug: :kiss: :hug:

Jayne
20th-December-2004, 10:11 AM
~snip~ Mr TWK ~ snip~ Sparkles ~snip ~Great to see Marc and Rachel, jive brumie and melanie, divi,

:tears:

It was a great Tea dance though! :hug:

J :wink:

under par
20th-December-2004, 10:13 AM
Having missed this event in December when is it next month so I can plan it in to by schedule. :flower:

Divissima
20th-December-2004, 10:51 AM
And a special thank you to the baker or bakers of the delicious cakes :drool:

Simon r
20th-December-2004, 11:35 AM

It was a great Tea dance though! :hug:

J :wink:

Jayne i'm so sorry my only defence is that i wrote this really early and we had such a fab dance as well....
may i be whipped a thousand times for my mistake. :hug:

Rhythm King
20th-December-2004, 12:54 PM
Jayne i'm so sorry my only defence is that i wrote this really early and we had such a fab dance as well....
may i be whipped a thousand times for my mistake. :hug:

Don't do it Divi - he'll only enjoy it! :whistle: BTW Simon, thought your dance with Marc was hugely entertaining. And you are also a scholar and a gentleman - I'm sure you'll know why...

As for the cakes they were fab and I had the ultimate wicked pleasure of the remainder of the cake mix to taste - yum! :wink:

Once again the whole afternoon was terrific, Amir's teaching, TwK's fab tchoons, Divi's tea and all the wonderful dances I had. Can't wait for next month's, just hope it doesn't clash with the Bisley WCS workshop and tea dance on the 23rd (hint hint :flower: )

See you then, if not before

R-K

Sparkles
20th-December-2004, 02:15 PM
Sunday was indeed fab, once again - thanks to all the crew :flower:
... just waiting for the next one with more fab dances from Simon :drool:

Oh, and David, you might like to have a word with your clone (in between taking gulps from your beer, of course) - he didn't show up, so I live to see another day and avoided meeting my doom in the river :clap: Hurrah!!!

S. x :wink:

Sheepman
20th-December-2004, 04:13 PM
And a special thank you to the baker or bakers of the delicious cakes :drool: I believe they were baked by Feelingpink, and they left me feelingmoreish :drool:
Just like the dances really :drool:

Greg

Bex
22nd-December-2004, 12:08 PM
When's the next T-Jive then? I need something to look forward to seeing as though I won't be seeing any of my fav people over Christmas and New Year :tears:

Hope its not the 23rd too, will be the day after the Teacher's Update in Hammersmith.... a few of us might be a bit worse for wear!! :sick:

Mary
22nd-December-2004, 01:25 PM
Turned up late (no change there), missed the cakes, had some fab dances, christened the new shoes (not another new pair?!!! - catching up with Sheepy), and where did James & Mel disappear to?? Then all over too soon. When can we have our next fix??

M

Sheepman
22nd-December-2004, 02:50 PM
Hope its not the 23rd too,
Yeah, but please not the 9th or the 16th either, 'cos the first one is a special day down at Bognor, and I'll be away on the 16th too, ...
...there again, I'm expecting to be the worse for wear on the 30th as well.
Hmm, January is a busy month!

Greg

Sparkles
22nd-December-2004, 03:04 PM
30th would be fab - (even though a lot of us will be worse for wear) we could all have a late breakfast and then trundle off for a dance :grin: :clap:

Bex
22nd-December-2004, 03:11 PM
30th would be fab - (even though a lot of us will be worse for wear) we could all have a late breakfast and then trundle off for a dance :grin: :clap:

Yaye, day after my Birthday!!! Please, please, please can we have the 30th????? :cheers:

Amir, Diva, TWK, where are you???? :hug:

Sparkles
22nd-December-2004, 03:13 PM
Yaye, day after my Birthday!!! Please, please, please can we have the 30th????? :cheers:

Amir, Diva, TWK, where are you???? :hug:

Isn't it amazing that all the best people are born in January :whistle:
S. x :hug:

Bex
22nd-December-2004, 03:16 PM
Isn't it amazing that all the best people are born in January :whistle:
S. x :hug:

Was just thinking that myself!!! :whistle: :hug:

Simon r
22nd-December-2004, 05:24 PM
Was just thinking that myself!!! :whistle: :hug:
Ithink September is a better time of year myself :whistle:

Mary
22nd-December-2004, 05:32 PM
Ithink September is a better time of year myself :whistle:

Nearly as good as July :wink:

M

Bex
22nd-December-2004, 05:47 PM
So what do you think the chances of are, of getting Amir to work all the 2005 T-Jive's around our Birthdays?!!! :whistle: :rofl:

Divissima
22nd-December-2004, 06:16 PM
So what do you think the chances of are, of getting Amir to work all the 2005 T-Jive's around our Birthdays?!!! :whistle: :rofl:Well, you can ask. :flower:

Amir sets the dates for the T-jive, but I'll put in your request in case he doesn't see this thread.

Jive Brummie
22nd-December-2004, 07:41 PM
Turned up late (no change there), missed the cakes, had some fab dances, christened the new shoes (not another new pair?!!! - catching up with Sheepy), and where did James & Mel disappear to?? Then all over too soon. When can we have our next fix??

M

Sorry Mary,

Melanie and I had to fly back to bonny Scotland.

Not sure when we'll be down again, but we had a fab time and some great dances.

As i said in another thread...TWK :worthy:

J & M x x

Toby wan Kenobe
11th-January-2005, 11:05 PM
This Sunday 16th January
:clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap:
You know the drill, we do our fab thing, you do your fab thing and we all have a fab time.
:clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap:

Simon r
12th-January-2005, 09:50 AM
Bugger me and nicole are on our advanced course as soon as we finish we will come down... :worthy:

Feelingpink
12th-January-2005, 10:44 AM
This Sunday 16th January
You know the drill, we do our fab thing, you do your fab thing and we all have a fab time.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh - it clashes with Rock Bottoms :tears: :tears:

But now have next five months or so of T-jive dates in diary to prevent further double-bookings :clap:

Have fun

Rhythm King
12th-January-2005, 11:58 AM
Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh - it clashes with Rock Bottoms :tears: :tears:

But now have next five months or so of T-jive dates in diary to prevent further double-bookings :clap:

Have fun

She's baked her cake quota for this month anyway :wink: :devil: I don't produce cakes myself, only eat them. Hmm,

"Oh Sparkles. . ." (Pretty Please :hug: :kiss: :flower: )

Sheepman
12th-January-2005, 12:00 PM
Bugger me No thanks. :whistle:
Anyway, Amir has inconsiderately arranged this one :sad: to clash with my trip to the Alps :clap: so I'll have to be patient, and wait for the next one.

Greg

Feelingpink
12th-January-2005, 12:48 PM
She's baked her cake quota for this month anyway :wink: :devil:

Oi! Since when has there been a cake quota? :what: Unlimited cakes ... and unlimited dancing, to offset their effects! :wink: Otherwise, what's the point of life?

Rhythm King
12th-January-2005, 01:11 PM
Oi! Since when has there been a cake quota? :what: Unlimited cakes ... and unlimited dancing, to offset their effects! :wink: Otherwise, what's the point of life?

Oh well in that case, bake us a cake and I'll take it with on Sunday :waycool: . I was only trying to suggest that you had very kindly produced one cake this month, already (and very chocolatey it was too :wink: )

Otherwise I may be forced to go to Krispy Kreme :drool:

Sparkles
12th-January-2005, 02:56 PM

Ok, Darling, so who's baking cakes this week?
If it's me I'll have to get my skates on (and they might be a bit unoriginal as I only have a limited number of recipes at the moment).

See you all there!
Hey, Foxy, Lory you coming to the T-dance this time? Come on everyone, tell us if you'll be there for a dance, or not!!! :flower:

S. x

Feelingpink
12th-January-2005, 05:33 PM
Ok, Darling, so who's baking cakes this week?
If it's me I'll have to get my skates on (and they might be a bit unoriginal as I only have a limited number of recipes at the moment).

See you all there!
Hey, Foxy, Lory you coming to the T-dance this time? Come on everyone, tell us if you'll be there for a dance, or not!!! :flower:

S. x

It's you dear skating queen, the cake comment was at the thought of a limit on cakes generally, rather than T-jive restrictions. Next month, happy to cook (can also supply extra recipes as required in the meantime) x

foxylady
13th-January-2005, 10:04 AM

S. x

Gutted :tears: can't make it this sunday ....
It so annoying when life gets in the way of good dancing !!

Bex
13th-January-2005, 11:35 AM
Come on everyone, tell us if you'll be there for a dance, or not!!! :flower:

S. x

I'm hoping to make it Sunday but alas, will be without Billco :tears:
How many cakes do you think I should eat to make up for his absence? :whistle: :drool:

By the way, heard you were a star last night Sparkles :worthy:

ElaineB
13th-January-2005, 01:09 PM
Simon and I are coming up from Bristol - see you all there!! May be bringing a couple of bods from Cardiff as well..............really looking forward to it!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Elaine

Sparkles
13th-January-2005, 05:00 PM
I'm hoping to make it Sunday but alas, will be without Billco :tears:
How many cakes do you think I should eat to make up for his absence? :whistle: :drool:

By the way, heard you were a star last night Sparkles :worthy:

I did my best, certainly, but that stage is very small, and Billco did insist on making me crack up and go bright red in front of everyone :blush:.

If all these people are coming I'd better get cracking on some cake making! Goodness knows when I'll have time for that, but I'm sure I'll fit it in, never fear! :cheers:

S. x

latinlover
13th-January-2005, 06:01 PM
we're hoping to be there,twins permitting! :whistle:
it will be our 22nd anniversary present to ourselves :clap:
it was so nice to meet james and melanie last time :flower:
and incidentally , we had agreat night at Jango on Monday, Toby! :worthy:

Mary
13th-January-2005, 06:12 PM
, we had agreat night at Jango on Monday, Toby! :worthy:

Yeah, me too. One of my better nights - had all the right elements for me - great music, relaxed, sociable (managed to do some chatting) and I wasn't dancing too badly that night. And great to see David & Bryony do their 'try out' on us. Always a privilege. :worthy:

Thanks guys. :hug:

M

Minnie M
13th-January-2005, 06:54 PM
Thank you Mary :hug:
For those wondering were it was - I forgot to post my list update on the web page adding the T-Dance - it's on there now :clap:

Sheepman
14th-January-2005, 10:37 AM
I did my best, certainly, but that stage is very small, and Billco did insist on making me crack up and go bright red in front of everyone :blush: You were fab, and don't believe anyone who tells you differently. I was dancing with a lady in a bright pink top, I did think it would match your skin tone at one point. :whistle: It seems Bill's "double entendre alert" must have been switched off...

Greg

foxylady
14th-January-2005, 01:45 PM
I was dancing with a lady in a bright pink top, I did think it would match your skin tone at one point. :whistle: It seems Bill's "double entendre alert" must have been switched off...

Greg

Wasn't that me ??? First time I've been called a lady in a long time..... (and btw you don't know the full story :wink: )

Sparkles
14th-January-2005, 01:46 PM
OK, I've sorted it so that I can bake cakes tonight - so if you've enjoyed them in the past then there's all the more reason to come to the T-dance on Sunday :clap: (and if you haven't don't mention it to anyone, please, or you'll give me a bad reputation! :sad: ).
So, who else is coming?

S. x

Sparkles
14th-January-2005, 01:48 PM
(and btw you don't know the full story :wink: )

I'm just so glad that when I explained it to you your reaction was the same as mine! :o :rofl:
You'll be missed on Sunday, Foxy. :tears:

Katie
16th-January-2005, 01:59 PM
Winnie (from Brighton) and myself are coming!

Kate

Graham W
16th-January-2005, 04:06 PM
..out last night so me and my Astra baulked at a long M-way trip today - next time..

there's always the blues next fortnight..

G

ElaineB
17th-January-2005, 01:17 PM
Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!! Just a brilliant event! Top teachers, top dancers, top tea and cakes and top music!

Many thanks Sparkles for the dance - you have a fabulous lead!! Oh yes and for the cakes of course. Too many good dances to mention.........

Can't make February :tears: , but will be there in March, April, May..............

Elaine

PS - Rythm King - hope you feel much better very soon :hug:

Rhythm King
17th-January-2005, 03:40 PM
snip~Many thanks Sparkles for the dance - you have a fabulous lead!! Oh yes and for the cakes of course. Too many good dances to mention.........snip~

Can't make February :tears: , but will be there in March, April, May..............

Elaine

PS - Rythm King - hope you feel much better very soon :hug:

Managed to make it in the end, but deeply disappointed to have missed Amir's class. Thanks for the gentle dances Elaine and everybody. Sorry if I didn't dance with all you lovely ladies who were present, but I'm still only firing on 7 cylinders Hopefully I'll be back up to full steam (I'm thinking V-8 here, in case you were wondering :wink: ) by the next one - Sorry you won't be there, Elaine).

An especial thank you to Sparkles for saving me some of her fabulous cakes, til I arrived. (That shade of red reminds me of you demo-ing, for some reason - can't think why . . . :whistle: ) The banana, honey and walnut recipe is a major hit :worthy: :clap:

Looking forward to the next one :clap:

R-K

Sparkles
17th-January-2005, 05:31 PM
Thank you to everyone for the fab dances :clap: - Sheepman and Simon, you were greatly missed! :tears:
Maybe next time I'll actually get to join in the class - so many people this time (which was lovely to see) but it meant I felt adding another 'extra lady' to the class was a bit unfair on all those who had managed to make it on time. I blame Roger Chin and his parking :wink: :whistle: !!
As Elaine said, too many good dances to name them all but special mentions (for making my afternoon with wonderful dances) have to go to David B and Vince :grin: - I don't think I stopped smiling all the way home (!) and of course to all the lovely ladies that don't mind me practising my lead on them, I will learn more moves one day, honest!
Can't wait for next month's! :clap:
S. x

Toby wan Kenobe
22nd-February-2005, 03:46 PM
Hammersmith T-Jive this Sunday 27th February
:clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap:
:clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap:
And we have Dave and Lily :worthy: teaching a masterclass!!!

2-3pm T-Jive Masterclass with Dave & Lily
3-5pm "The kenobe Dance Experience" lovingly phunked up by the master of eclectic phat sounds - DJ Kenobe

Will
22nd-February-2005, 04:01 PM
Now Lily I've heard of, but who's that other bloke?

TheTramp
22nd-February-2005, 04:12 PM
Now Lily I've heard of, but who's that other bloke?
Dunno. But he's got a scarf....

Sparkles
22nd-February-2005, 04:35 PM
I'm sure if Will asks nicely enough I'll be able to bring some cakes along too...

Chef
22nd-February-2005, 04:49 PM
And we have Dave and Lily :worthy: teaching a masterclass!!!

This is so not fair. I am going to Rock Bottoms this coming weekend. I am going to have to put the T Jive - events on my year planner to make sure I don't double book myself like this again. :( :(

Bottoms!

Toby wan Kenobe
22nd-February-2005, 04:53 PM
I'm sure if Will asks nicely enough I'll be able to bring some cakes along too...
I'm afraid Will has run out of shirts to wear dancing (he only has two, one was left behind by someone at Jango and the other he borrowed from Stevie Wong :eek: ) so he can't make the T-Jive - but forget Will, I'll ask nicely -
Please Sparkles make some of your fab cakes... :flower: :flower:

Rhythm King
22nd-February-2005, 05:06 PM
This is so not fair. I am going to Rock Bottoms this coming weekend. I am going to have to put the T Jive - events on my year planner to make sure I don't double book myself like this again. :( :(

Bottoms!

:yeah:

But at least we'll have the likes of Amir and Emma Pettit teaching :clap: . . . But even that won't make up for missing Sparkles' baking excellence :tears:

Oh well, I should be back on my diet anyway :blush:

Incidentally Chef, were you working undercover as an MIB last night?

R-K

Chef
22nd-February-2005, 05:39 PM

But at least we'll have the likes of Amir and Emma Pettit teaching :clap: . . . But even that won't make up for missing Sparkles' baking excellence :tears:

Oh well, I should be back on my diet anyway :blush:

Incidentally Chef, were you working undercover as an MIB last night?

R-K

I love every aspect of a Rock Bottoms weekend but I feel that I am severely missing out on a David and Lilly class.

I haven't experienced Sparkles culinary skills but it sounds like another reason to feel I am missing out. I eat out a lot because I have expereinced my culinary skills.

I have been living out of my car for the last 10 days what with visiting my mum now she is out of hospital, going dancing based at Dawns house and weekend workshops. Stocks have been running low. The chefs trousers are a great trademark in that almost everybody seems to know me even though I may not know them. The most recent bizzare incident was a lady that introduced herself and said she rememebered me from when I danced at Romford - two years ago :what: . I only went there once. What a memory some people have.

Happy dancing

dee
22nd-February-2005, 08:15 PM
Ive heard there is going to be another T-dance this coming sunday at Ashtons i was thinking of going there, not sure where to go now as so much is going on, who's going where? :confused:

Sparkles
23rd-February-2005, 12:22 PM
You should go to Hammersmith...
...not that I'm at all biased, you understand :whistle: :wink:
S. x

Sheepman
23rd-February-2005, 01:07 PM
who's going where? And with your cakes on top of Sparkle's, I might even be able to skip dinner that night! :wink:

Greg

Sparkles
23rd-February-2005, 04:41 PM
Never trust a Sheep with shifty eyes who can't get his apostrope in the right place :whistle:
S. x

SilverFox
23rd-February-2005, 04:47 PM
Never trust a Sheep with shifty eyes who can't get his apostrope in the right place :whistle:
S. xNever trust a Seep wit sifty eyes wo can't get is apostrope in te rigt place.

Were te ell is tat H key?? :whistle: :devil:

Minnie M
23rd-February-2005, 04:50 PM
Never trust a Seep wit sifty eyes wo can't get is apostrope in te rigt place.

I tink it got lost in Balam - me tinks you may no summat about it :rolleyes:

Rhythm King
23rd-February-2005, 04:53 PM

:rofl:

Sparkles
23rd-February-2005, 05:03 PM

Why is it everyone always picks on my typos and then when I try to retaliate I make another mistake :rolleyes: :blush: :tears:
Humph!
H key well and truely found!

Minnie M
23rd-February-2005, 05:18 PM
Why is it everyone always picks on my typos and then when I try to retaliate I make another mistake :rolleyes: :blush: :tears:
Humph!

ahaaaa.... but what about your yummy cakes without a T :really:

I still think the H is lost in Balam at Silver Fox's home :whistle:

senorita
23rd-February-2005, 05:26 PM
Humph!

You havent done anything wrong....you poor thing! (big hugggggg)
Looks like someone or body is showing off.....AGAIN!..LOL......and been travelling too much in Jamaica..Yah mann ;-) ...and speaking pigeon english AGAIN! rofl

Sparkles
23rd-February-2005, 05:32 PM
You havent done anything wrong....you poor thing! (big hugggggg)
Looks like someone or body is showing off.....AGAIN!..LOL......and been travelling too much in Jamaica..Yah mann ;-) ...and speaking pigeon english AGAIN! rofl

Ah, at last, sympathy and understanding :grin: :rofl: :flower:
Thank you, senorita.

SF, maybe you can make it up to me at a dance venue somewhere soon? :drool:

MM - my hero :hug:

Sheepman
24th-February-2005, 12:26 PM
SF, maybe you can make it up to me at a dance venue somewhere soon? :drool: And how are you going to make it up to me, the one who was picked on in the first place?

(Thinks "cakes" :drool: )

Greg

Rhythm King
24th-February-2005, 12:30 PM
And how are you going to make it up to me, the one who was picked on in the first place?

Greg
So long as it's not chake's :wink:

Sparkles
24th-February-2005, 04:26 PM
And how are you going to make it up to me, the one who was picked on in the first place?

Greg

You don't deserve having it made up to you, you always pick on my spelling and grammar mistakes :blush: :wink:
S. x

Sheepman
24th-February-2005, 04:50 PM
So long as it's not chake's :wink: Too true, I might coke on chakes!

Greg

Minnie M
27th-February-2005, 04:20 PM
Was hping to get there today - but was worried about the weather :tears: and getting lost :really: as I would be travelling alone :tears:

Please tell me it was awful, no one to dance with, the lesson terrible the cakes were horrible :flower: and nobody missed me :tears: :tears: :tears:

ChrisA
27th-February-2005, 07:45 PM
Please tell me it was awful, no one to dance with, the lesson terrible the cakes were horrible :flower: and nobody missed me :tears: :tears: :tears:
Ok, it was, er...

awful, no one to dance with, the lesson terrible, the cakes were horrible :flower::innocent: :devil:

Sorry you weren't there though :hug:

LilyB
27th-February-2005, 09:02 PM
..... the lesson terrible ........

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

LilyB

Feelingpink
27th-February-2005, 09:15 PM
Was hping to get there today - but was worried about the weather :tears: and getting lost :really: as I would be travelling alone :tears:

We missed you lots ... next time, please let us know ahead of time you're T-Jiving and I'm sure someone would volunteer as escort so you don't get lost. All the men I danced with today seemed to have especially wonderful wiggles - both UCP wiggles for joining in and ones designed, ahem, for the view of their partner. :wink: Perhaps it was something extra in the Tobester's fabby music :drool: You have to come next time, Minnie.

PS You know it's good when the Oracle is looking very warm from all his dancing!

Minnie M
27th-February-2005, 09:41 PM
I knew I would miss a brilliant afternoon, just Luuuuuuuuuuuvv TWK's choons and everyone is so friendly and really wanted to join David & Lily's class - I believe it was a Rumba (my favourite) :tears: :tears: :tears:

Need someone to give me an easy route to get there - I have no sense of direction and ALWAYS get lost :rolleyes: that's one of the reasons I like company :innocent:

Sparkles
28th-February-2005, 10:45 AM
Another extremely enjoyable afternoon (I especially appreciated the rumba lesson from Lily and David, so nice to go back to familiar territory :wink: )!
Thanks to Claire and Toby for another fab event... :clap:
...it's just a shame the next one's on Easter Sunday - I won't be able to go, and I expect that will be the same for a number of people :sad:. Don't suppose there's any chance of getting it moved to the following weekend is there? Pretty please? :flower:

S. x

Lory
28th-February-2005, 11:53 AM
Don't suppose there's any chance of getting it moved to the following weekend is there? Pretty please? :flower:

S. x
:yeah: Double that, with a cherry on top! :D :flower:

Mr Lory's skiing that weekend and I've got nothing to do! :tears:

Rhythm King
1st-March-2005, 05:31 PM
Another extremely enjoyable afternoon (I especially appreciated the rumba lesson from Lily and David, so nice to go back to familiar territory :wink: )!
Thanks to Claire and Toby for another fab event... :clap:
...it's just a shame the next one's on Easter Sunday - I won't be able to go, and I expect that will be the same for a number of people :sad:. Don't suppose there's any chance of getting it moved to the following weekend is there? Pretty please? :flower:

S. x

Sorry I missed what sounded like a great afternoon, but on the other hand, doing a pas de deux ballet class with Amir was one of the funniest events in my dancing experience to date :rofl: Ahem, back to reality . . .
Just a thought, if the tea dance did move to the following Sunday, there'd be a great opportunity for a birthday dance for a certain someone :wink:

R-K :flower:

Divissima
1st-March-2005, 05:36 PM
Will see what we can do :flower:

Divissima
22nd-March-2005, 10:31 AM
Also, a little birdie tells me that there's T-Jive at Kent House, Hammersmith on Easter Sunday, wooo-hooo!!! STOP PRESS!!The Easter Sunday T-Jive has been postponed due to the proximity of the venue to Hammersmith Bridge on the day of the Varsity Boat Race. The race begins at 3pm and Hammersmith Bridge is one of the key viewing/drinking spots.

The venue informed us last night that the car park is hired out for Boat Race parking and that the police generally begin closing off the roads around the bridge shortly after midday. Not wishing to embroil our T-jivers in all the chaos we have made the decision to postpone.

The T-Jive moves to Sunday 3rd April instead. More details to follow.....

Sparkles
23rd-March-2005, 02:59 PM
STOP PRESS!!
The T-Jive moves to Sunday 3rd April instead. More details to follow.....
Hurray!!!
I'll be there with bells on! (or maybe I'll leave off the bells :blush: )
I assume this means that all the other dancers that couldn't make the easter weekend will now be in attendance?
So come on, who's going?
(oh, and guys, I know she's stunning :cool: , but please form an orderly queue for Sal's Birthday dance - behind me! :angry: :rofl: :rolleyes: )
S. x

Rhythm King
23rd-March-2005, 03:44 PM
Hurray!!!
I'll be there with bells on! (or maybe I'll leave off the bells :blush: )
I assume this means that all the other dancers that couldn't make the easter weekend will now be in attendance?
So come on, who's going?
(oh, and guys, I know she's stunning :cool: , but please form an orderly queue for Sal's Birthday dance - behind me! :angry: :rofl: :rolleyes: )
S. x

ME ME ME!!!

I'm going to the West Country for Easter and was gutted to be missing my fave event (and Sparkles cakes :drool: ). Now I'm so going to be there!! :clap: :clap: :clap: I'll be lurking in the queue for Sal's dance, somewhere after the Sparkly one. Full on? Scary? (Blonde??? :confused: ) - Bring it on!!! :wink:

(Hmm, having just read the above, I think I might be watching a little too much of "The OC" :whistle: )

Simon r
23rd-March-2005, 03:50 PM
Make way at the front of the queue i'm coming through way cool will be there

Toby wan Kenobe
31st-March-2005, 03:09 PM
T'is the Hammersmith T-Jive this Sunday 3rd April
:clap: :cheers: :kiss: :clap: :cheers: :kiss:
- got some new PHULL PHAT 'a la Kenobe' tunes for your delectation :waycool:
- we're on a promise for some additional chocy caramely cake baking action!! :drool:

2pm Masterclass with Amir
3-5 pm Kenobe's Sunday Afternoon Delight mix

Fill yer boots

Lory
31st-March-2005, 03:15 PM
Fill yer boots

Line Dancing? :whistle:

See you there! :flower: :kiss:

Clive Long
31st-March-2005, 05:02 PM
T'is the Hammersmith T-Jive this Sunday 3rd April
<< snip >>
- we're on a promise for some additional chocy caramely cake baking action!! :drool:

<< snip >>

The banana cake will wipe the floor with this upstart caramelly thing. Let the cake wars begin.

Sparkles
1st-April-2005, 12:20 PM
The banana cake will wipe the floor with this upstart caramelly thing. Let the cake wars begin.

No wars, please... afterall, there's enough room in Will and David B's tummies for everyone to bring cake :wink: :flower: :clap:
The 'caramelly thing' :rolleyes: will actually be cake with chocolate fudge icing (but don't tell Sal, cos it's her Birthday cake and she doesn't know that yet :wink: ), all other offerings will be devoured within moments - and if anyone gets sick of cake then please just say and it'll save me a lot of baking time.

S. x

Gus
1st-April-2005, 12:33 PM
- and if anyone gets sick of cake then please just say and it'll save me a lot of baking time.Nooooooooooo ...PLEASE save us some. Me, Groovy Dancer and Lory will be driving back down from Manchester (we will be at the Best in The North Competition at Northwich the night before) and will almost certaintly be late ... a factor of my navigational skills and traffic on the M6. PLEASE reserve some or Lory will no doubt take in out on me :tears:

Northants Girly
1st-April-2005, 01:52 PM
ZW is bringing me along too :clap:

So - chances of cake being left are now quite slim :wink:

Zebra Woman
1st-April-2005, 03:12 PM
Nooooooooooo ...PLEASE save us some. Me, Groovy Dancer and Lory will be driving back down from Manchester (we will be at the Best in The North Competition at Northwich the night before) and will almost certaintly be late ... a factor of my navigational skills and traffic on the M6. PLEASE reserve some or Lory will no doubt take in out on me :tears:

Hey Gus ...Why not let Lory drive?

It would cut hours off your journey time .... :devil:

ZW

Toby wan Kenobe
19th-April-2005, 06:10 PM
:clap: :eek: :clap: :eek: :clap: :eek: :clap: :eek: :clap: :eek: :clap: :eek: :clap:

Can it possibly be THAT time again - so soon after the last one.
OH YES IT CAN!

The legendary Sunday T-Jive struts its stuff on this Sunday 24th April with a star studded line up including Amir & DJ Kenobe, plus the famous Kent House Formation Baking Team (even ESG has promised cake!!):

2pm Masterclass with Amir
3-5pm Kenobe's Sunday Afternoon Delight mix

To ensure some space on the dance floor, Amir's going to pick every 3rd track :rofl: :rofl:

Hammersmith Club Society, Kent House, Rutland Grove, London W6 9DH

:clap: :eek: :clap: :eek: :clap: :eek: :clap: :eek: :clap: :eek: :clap: :eek: :clap:

TwK

Sparkles
20th-April-2005, 10:22 AM
Sounds like the place to be... although I fear my rock cakes will be put in the dark by a certain very yummy key Lime Pie :tears: :flower:

So who's going?

(Mr Latin Lover, I hope you remember that you promised me a dance...?! :drool: )

S. x

Feelingpink
20th-April-2005, 10:30 AM
So who's going?...

S. x

Key Lime Pie :D and rock cakes :o ... I'll be there (just not sure what to bring by way of nibbles).

Sparkles
20th-April-2005, 01:32 PM
Key Lime Pie :D and rock cakes :o ... I'll be there (just not sure what to bring by way of nibbles).

May I put in a request for ginger biscuits, please? :worthy: :clap: :flower: :flower: :cheers:
S. x

Feelingpink
20th-April-2005, 01:41 PM
May I put in a request for ginger biscuits, please? :worthy: :clap: :flower: :flower: :cheers:
S. x
Happy to oblige. :flower:

Zebra Woman
23rd-April-2005, 09:13 PM
To ensure some space on the dance floor, Amir's going to pick every 3rd track :rofl: :rofl:

TwK

Hmmm... :confused:

Does that mean I'll be eating cakes every third track ? :eek:

Key lime pie, rock cakes, ginger nuts, nibbles.... :drool:

I think I'll survive :wink:

:rofl:

See you all there

ZW :flower:

El Salsero Gringo
24th-April-2005, 12:00 AM
Well, the Key lime pie is prepared and decorated. I just hope it survives the journey down to Hammersmith tomorrow (and the night in my fridge - there are some reports of phantasmagorical cake-eating hauntings in these parts.)

I must just bring the last parts of a Chocolate Nemesis that I had prepared for tonight as well.

Looking forward to rock cakes too!

Mary
24th-April-2005, 10:02 AM
Nothing home-baked I'm afraid but I do have a large tin of biscuity type things.

M

Minnie M
24th-April-2005, 02:09 PM
Yipeeee ! see you there folks - I am coming up with young Winnie (birthday gal) hopefully you will give her a birthday dance - bringing 'cakes' too :drool: not for me though - back on diet (and seriously now too :tears: )
- taking an apple with me :tears: :tears: :sick:

(Wish I could be at Andy's T-dance too, always a good event, however it should called a Lunch-Dance as Sue and the girls make so much food as well as yummy cakes)

Minnie M
25th-April-2005, 09:30 AM
Arrived late but was definitely worth the drive - bit crowded but it didn't matter too much as such a lot of really lovely people there

Thank you so much for making Winnie and I so welcome and for those wonderful dances (especially the dreamy one with Silver Fox :drool: )

And the really good news is - I know how to get there by myself (I was driving) so will be making the effort for Monday's JANGO :clap: :clap: :clap:

BTW had a chance to see THE photos and they are fabby - what a beautiful bride Kate made - I wish them both wealth, health, happiness and lots of dancing babies :flower:

ChrisA
25th-April-2005, 09:45 AM
bit crowded
A bit?????

I'll be having a very serious think about whether to go again, while it's as crowded as that.

A tea dance should be a relaxed opportunity to dance, eat and chat, but it's turning into too much a victim of its own success.

I was particularly disappointed by the fact that several, who should know a lot better, and have no excuse for excessive floor consumption, were at times being no more considerate than the hordes of selfish kickers and bargers that you find elsewhere. :mad: :mad:

My vote would be to make it ticket only. I'd be more than happy to stump up a year's worth in advance if I could be sure the numbers would be at a more comfortable level, and just take the chance of having to miss one at some point. :tears:

Me? Grouchy? Well it is Monday...

Sparkles
25th-April-2005, 11:39 AM
A bit?????

I'll be having a very serious think about whether to go again, while it's as crowded as that.

Me? Grouchy? Well it is Monday...
It seems a real shame that you're feeling this way about it. Yes, it was a bit crowded, but it was (IMO) so lovely to see so many people there - I remember about 8 mths or so ago the numbers were really small and I was worried that the T-dances and Jango might not be able to continue through lack of numbers.
It was also nice that so many people were entering into the spirit of things and bringing cakes and having friendly conversation as well as having a dance.
Maybe for those that wanted to practice for comps it wasn't so good, the floor is small, but I thought that a T-dance was supposed to be a social event - and in that respect it out-did itself :clap:.
The music was really good :flower: (even though *that* track was played yet again :mad: :wink: :rofl: ) and it was so nice that people made the effort to travel from all over the place.
Hopefully this is just Monday morning blues and you'll soon realise that the T-dance is a wonderful event and that your prescence will be missed if you stop coming along :hug:.

S. x

El Salsero Gringo
25th-April-2005, 11:44 AM
I'll be having a very serious think about whether to go again, while it's as crowded as that.As Sparkles says, you would be missed, but if you didn't come again that would make more room for everyone else... :whistle:

Feelingpink
25th-April-2005, 11:52 AM
It was also nice that so many people were entering into the spirit of things and bringing cakes and having friendly conversation as well as having a dance ...
... to the point where one partner was leading a series of left-handed moves with me so he could munch on a biscuit with the other hand :wink: :really:

El Salsero Gringo
25th-April-2005, 12:01 PM
... to the point where one partner was leading a series of left-handed moves with me so he could munch on a biscuit with the other hand :wink: :really:He needs to learn the move where you swap the biscuit from one hand to the other at the same time as your partner. If you're subtle about it, she won't even notice.

Zebra Woman
25th-April-2005, 12:10 PM
I had a fab time. Great music and dances, ESG's key lime pie was delicious :drool:

Chris, you have to keep coming! :eek:

How would ESG know when to start his Rhumba without you there to 'help' him ? :whistle:

Have to agree , it was very crowded. On the plus side :confused: I will definitely be missing the May and June T dances :tears: ....So that's one less person to worry about.

See you in July

ZW :flower:

El Salsero Gringo
25th-April-2005, 12:19 PM
How would ESG know when to start his Rhumba without you there to 'help' him ? :whistle:Oooh, that's harsh.

Everyone knows that one Rumba's somewhere between the 'three' and the 'four' - especially when Kenobe's DJ'ing.

David Bailey
25th-April-2005, 12:20 PM
He needs to learn the move where you swap the biscuit from one hand to the other at the same time as your partner. If you're subtle about it, she won't even notice.
Ahh, the old classic moves are the best...

Back when I was Evil Pocket Person (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5051) , I used to occasionally swap my keys / phone from one pocket to the other whilst still dancing - not as easy as it sounds :grin:

ChrisA
25th-April-2005, 12:32 PM
He needs to learn the move where you swap the biscuit from one hand to the other at the same time as your partner. If you're subtle about it, she won't even notice.
Yeah, but in the case of the chocolate and coconut squares the telltale evidence will be that fingers on both hands will be sticky :devil:

Who made those? They were fantastic :clap:

I'm not saying how many I had, in case I get banned :innocent:

Mary
25th-April-2005, 01:05 PM
Yeah, ChrisA you're a right old misery guts this morning :wink: . Yes, it was busy yesterday, but a while back I decided it was somewhere to go and be sociable and have the odd dance, rather than dance and have the odd chat. (Me, sociable - wonders will never cease).

I am really pleased for Amir and the Jango team that the event has become such a success, building from when it was just a handful of couples turning up (and very scary it was too when I first went! :eek: ), but I agree in that I hope it doesn't become a victim of it's own success.

Lovely to see all those faces there, just a shame I didn't get to dance with lots of them - ladies and gents that is, although did manage a fab dance with Sparkles. :flower:

M

Sheepman
25th-April-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm not saying how many I had, in case I get banned :innocent: Ah, so that's why I didn't get ANY CAKES AT ALL!! :angry:

Greg

Minnie M
25th-April-2005, 01:20 PM
Ah, so that's why I didn't get ANY CAKES AT ALL!! :angry:

Greg

I arrived just after 4pm - no real cakes left :tears: (just as well as back on diet again) however I brought along a box of tea cakes, although not actually cakes, but should have been some there for you Greg :D

Danielle
25th-April-2005, 01:26 PM
i missed out on cake too :tears: can't really complain though cos despite being really busy had lots of lovely dances :D

However, did have one dance with i guy i didn't know and ended up with my feet off the floor and upside down :mad: - really not very pleasant - anyone have any advise on how to avoid that happening in the the future??

Mary
25th-April-2005, 01:27 PM
So, ChrisA, you turn up and dance with a face as long as yer arm, whinge about the lack of space/inconsideration of other dancers because they want to get up and dance as well, threaten not to bother turning up again, and then go and scoff all the cakes!!!!!!!!

And now we're all having a go at you for being a grumpy old sod on a Monday morning - are you having a bad day or what??

Umm, see you tonight? :flower: :flower:

M

ChrisA
25th-April-2005, 01:27 PM
Yeah, ChrisA you're a right old misery guts this morning :wink:
Bah !! :D

I decided it was somewhere to go and be sociable and have the odd dance, rather than dance and have the odd chat.
Oh well, if you don't dance much, then it wasn't overcrowded at all :rolleyes:

I am really pleased for Amir and the Jango team that the event has become such a success
...... :yeah: Now that I agree with.

But I'd rather pay an extra quid or two and have proportionately fewer people to contend with. Especially since when it's crowded it brings out the worst in people. I'm not just being a misery guts when I say I was really disappointed (and surprised) at some people's complete lack of consideration. People whose standing in the MJ world made their lack of consideration all the more noticeable, too. :tears:

ChrisA
25th-April-2005, 01:35 PM
and then go and scoff all the cakes!!!!!!!!

Well there has to be some compensation :wink:

I mean, I can pay me 7 quid (or more) and get kicked about just as much - or even more - at any Ceroc venue :devil:

Anyway, I didn't eat all the cakes. I didn't have any of the Lime pie thing at all, and I wouldn't have had any of the chocolate cake at all if I hadn't stolen half of Jayne's (it was well worth the slap I got :) ) :tears:

So there. And don't talk to me about being a grumpy sod young lady, pots and kettles and all that... :devil:

Umm, see you tonight? :flower: :flower:

Nope. I would have been taxiing tonight, but I've cried off to rest my arm. So I'll work tonight, and probably see if there's any beer in the fridge...

... which reminds me... even the bar was shut by the time we got there.

Moan, moan :wink:

Divissima
25th-April-2005, 01:40 PM
i missed out on cake too :tears: can't really complain though cos despite being really busy had lots of lovely dances :D

However, did have one dance with i guy i didn't know and ended up with my feet off the floor and upside down :mad: - really not very pleasant - anyone have any advise on how to avoid that happening in the the future??Yep - come and tell me, and I will have a word with the perpetrator.

Lory
25th-April-2005, 01:41 PM
i missed out on cake too :tears:

However, did have one dance with i guy i didn't know and ended up with my feet off the floor and upside down :mad:

anyone have any advise on how to avoid that happening in the the future??
Yes, get there earlier, stuff ya face with cake and then they won't be able to lift you! :wink:

I don't normally eat cake but I just had to Try ESG's key lime and :drool: it was too

I decided it was somewhere to go and be sociable and have the odd dance,

Mary = Odd ...Never! :D :hug:

Northants Girly
25th-April-2005, 01:41 PM
It could have been worse Chris!

The only dancing I did this weekend was in Oxford on Friday

I was turned down not once but twice for a dance with a certain forumite who will remain nameless :whistle:

. . . . . then at the end of the night had a parking ticket on the car! :tears:

Minnie M
25th-April-2005, 01:42 PM
:yeah: :mad:
What time did it shut and does it always close early - would have brought some water if I had known :tears:

Mary
25th-April-2005, 01:42 PM
Well there has to be some compensation :wink:

I mean, I can pay me 7 quid (or more) and get kicked about just as much - or even more - at any Ceroc venue :devil:

Anyway, I didn't eat all the cakes. I didn't have any of the Lime pie thing at all, and I wouldn't have had any of the chocolate cake at all if I hadn't stolen half of Jayne's (it was well worth the slap I got :) ) :tears:

So there. And don't talk to me about being a grumpy sod young lady, pots and kettles and all that... :devil:

Nope. I would have been taxiing tonight, but I've cried off to rest my arm. So I'll work tonight, and probably see if there's any beer in the fridge...

Moan, moan :wink:

'Sigh' - time of the month. :D

Oh, and touche :whistle:

Will miss you tonight - even miserable dances and great dances with you. :yum: (OK, runs and gets bucket now)

:hug:
M

Lory
25th-April-2005, 01:48 PM
Moan moan....Whinge whinge :angry:

Ah, I get now! :wink:

Yeah! it was a terrible afternoon, hated every minute of it! :devil:

Divissima
25th-April-2005, 01:50 PM
:yeah: :mad:
What time did it shut and does it always close early - would have brought some water if I had known :tears:Erm... The bar has always closed at 3pm on Sundays (except on special occasions - usually sporting special occasions) which is why we provide free tea and coffee instead.

Mary
25th-April-2005, 01:50 PM
Didn't have any cake but ran my finger round ESG's bowl before he took it home - pretty scrummy. (Stop it.......!)

And yes Minnie, the bar does shut mid-afternoon, which I think is why you get tea.

M

El Salsero Gringo
25th-April-2005, 01:53 PM
Didn't have any cake but ran my finger round ESG's bowl before he took it homeOoh er missus!
(Stop it.......!)Sorry, far too late.

Minnie M
25th-April-2005, 02:14 PM
Erm... The bar has always closed at 3pm on Sundays (except on special occasions - usually sporting special occasions) which is why we provide free tea and coffee instead.

:flower: Only my second Sunday visit, must have arrived earlier last time or it was one of those occasions - not a problem, just must remember to bring some water next time, too much coffee can cause a problem on long journeys :whistle:

kempy
25th-April-2005, 07:27 PM
:whistle: Hi all, it was very nice to meet you all yesterday, and those of you who already know me it was good to be back dancing after what seems like weeks of coughing and nose blowing.

As an occassional visitor to Jango I have to say I really like the friendly laid back style of the whole event. It was a little more crowded than the last time I was their and I apologise if I am one of the guilty leg kickers.

As the after match drinks led to more talk of the forum I thought I'd better find out what it's all about. So this is my first posting.

Maybe they could do odd birthdays for one track and even birthdays for the next, that might split the numbers on the floor. :wink:

ChrisA
25th-April-2005, 07:49 PM
Yeah! it was a terrible afternoon, hated every minute of it! :devil:
Well not every minute, by a long chalk - and my thanks to those that gave me the lovely dances that I did have :flower:

I don't even mind it busy, if busy is all.

The trouble is, when it's busy, the people that dance inconsiderately cause a lot more grief to the ones that don't, than they do when it's not busy. It's a fact of life, we just all have to find our own way of dealing with it.

I expect to get kicked, barged and stomped at Hammersmith, which is why I hardly ever go there now.

But at the tea dances, which have been my favourite venue for more than a year now, I get upset if the same sort of experience starts to become the norm. :tears:

It's a bit like when smokers puff smoke into everyone else's lungs - it's not them being inconvenienced. :mad:

Well in the same way, when people insist on dancing big and leading drops on busy social dance floors and making the considerate dancers near them run for cover, guess what, it's not the inconsiderate ones whose enjoyment is ruined :rolleyes:

I just don't like it when the inconsiderate are having a whale of a time, with all the space they can take, at the expense of those that are dancing as small as they can, even on to the carpet :tears:

ChrisA
25th-April-2005, 07:55 PM
It was a little more crowded than the last time I was their and I apologise if I am one of the guilty leg kickers.

Worry not.

It's not the occasional bump, with a friendly smile and apology. I'm guilty of that myself occasionally, although I try my damndest not to.

It's the people that do their thing, completely oblivious to what's going on around them, who dance big, lead drops on crowded floors, and make other people responsible for their partners' safety.

It just betrays an "I'm too caught up in what I'm doing to give a damn for those around me" attitude, which I think is a shame :tears:

El Salsero Gringo
25th-April-2005, 11:34 PM
It's the people that do their thing, completely oblivious to what's going on around them, who dance big, lead drops on crowded floors, and make other people responsible for their partners' safety.Chris, whatsay you (or anyone else) have a word with Claire, or Toby, or Amir, or Will, or Kate, or whoever, and ask them to ask the 'perp' to dance a bit 'smaller'? Especially if it's something objective like drops. I can see why one might be reticent at a typical dance night, but perhaps you could use the friendly atmosphere at the Sunday events to good effect?

(By the way, does the fact that I didn't notice anyone else taking up too much room mean that, by elimination, it must have been me? Oh dear...)

foxylady
25th-April-2005, 11:49 PM
(By the way, does the fact that I didn't notice anyone else taking up too much room mean that, by elimination, it must have been me? Oh dear...)

You have such long legs, it must have been you !

(BTW I outed you to a few people - sorry :blush: )

ChrisA
26th-April-2005, 08:50 AM
Nah, I only noticed you once, for a different offence, and told you off straight away :devil:

Toby wan Kenobe
24th-May-2005, 05:25 PM
Shhhhhhhhh!
You ain't seen me, right!

Don't tell anyone but the T-Jive is on this Sunday 29th May.
2:00pm Amir & Kate masterclass
3:00pm Kenobe gives it the full Yorkshire Pudding

Tea and fab cakes provided.
Bar closes at 3pm, but we will also have bottled water.

TwK

Purple Sparkler
24th-May-2005, 05:32 PM
I'm probably being stupid, but what's a T-jive?
And how much is it to get in?

El Salsero Gringo
24th-May-2005, 05:44 PM
Anyone up for Chocolate Nemesis this time?

Feelingpink
24th-May-2005, 05:47 PM

Um, er, well, perhaps, mmm, arr ... ok - you've talked me into it. That WAS difficult! :devil:

Mary
24th-May-2005, 05:51 PM

How DARE you........................................put such temptation in a girl's way. ESG, you is evil. :angry:

M

El Salsero Gringo
24th-May-2005, 06:03 PM
How DARE you........................................put such temptation in a girl's way. ESG, you is evil. :angry:

MHow could you possibly be so unkind?! It's just a classic self-motivational technique: the more people expect me to bring one, the more likely I am to get off my lazy backside and actually make one.

ps. gonna try to make it all the way through a rumba "on 1" this time - will the beat police be there?

Toby wan Kenobe
24th-May-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm probably being stupid, but what's a T-jive?
And how much is it to get in?

Nope, not stupid at all...

Being on a Sunday afternoon, the mood is relaxed, social, chilled even.

The masterclass, whilst aimed at intermediate+, is big on style, poise and grace.... but then what else do you expect from Amir & Kate :worthy:

I get a chance to unleash a 'Sunday Afternoon Mix Deluxe' of smooth, phunky, sumtuous, lavish and lush sounds from my favourite artists: Pink Martini, Bajofondo, DePhazz, 883, Carlos Jean, et al..

There'll be the usual friendly Jango crowd, plus folks from afar who venture forth great distances to make it on Sundays, ...there's even a bit of dancing, but alas - no table football :eek: .

7 of your hard earned plus a smile get you through the door :flower:

DJ Kenobe

Purple Sparkler
25th-May-2005, 10:23 AM
Nope, not stupid at all...

Being on a Sunday afternoon, the mood is relaxed, social, chilled even.

The masterclass, whilst aimed at intermediate+, is big on style, poise and grace.... but then what else do you expect from Amir & Kate :worthy:

I get a chance to unleash a 'Sunday Afternoon Mix Deluxe' of smooth, phunky, sumtuous, lavish and lush sounds from my favourite artists: Pink Martini, Bajofondo, DePhazz, 883, Carlos Jean, et al..

There'll be the usual friendly Jango crowd, plus folks from afar who venture forth great distances to make it on Sundays, ...there's even a bit of dancing, but alas - no table football :eek: .

7 of your hard earned plus a smile get you through the door :flower:

DJ Kenobe

Sounds good to me! Might well rock up. Next dumb question: I've only got experience of Ceroc (Intermediate +, would go to advanced classes more often if I could get to them), am I going to be OK in the Amir & Kate Masterclass?

Divissima
25th-May-2005, 11:19 AM
Sounds good to me! Might well rock up. Next dumb question: I've only got experience of Ceroc (Intermediate +, would go to advanced classes more often if I could get to them), am I going to be OK in the Amir & Kate Masterclass?Not dumb at all, and you should be fine with the experience you've had.

Sparkles
25th-May-2005, 01:07 PM
How could you possibly be so unkind?! It's just a classic self-motivational technique: the more people expect me to bring one, the more likely I am to get off my lazy backside and actually make one.

I'm in the fortunate position (as a spectator of your dancing) to be able to vouch for the fact that your backside is in no way lazy :whistle:

ps. gonna try to make it all the way through a rumba "on 1" this time - will the beat police be there?

Yep, I'll be there, and so will Lily - and believe me, you don't wanna be dancing a Rumba off time when we're aroound :angry: :flower:

So...
If Mr ESG is bringing chocolate, does that mean my new lemon cake recipe will also be welcome? :blush:

S. x

Divissima
25th-May-2005, 01:12 PM
So...
If Mr ESG is bringing chocolate, does that mean my new lemon cake recipe will also be welcome? :blush:

Now then, let me think......

yes, please!

:drool: :clap: :flower: :hug:

You are such a star, Sparkles (and very handy with the baked goods)

Purple Sparkler
26th-May-2005, 03:32 PM

Being as I'm a complete newbie, and this would be my first time at the T-jive...am I eligible to sample the Chocolate Nemesis?*

Would saying that I bake cakes too be any help? :flower:

Don't know what it is, but it sounds very very bad for me. Which is very very good.

*or, for that matter, the lemon cake... :drool:

Feelingpink
29th-May-2005, 08:54 PM
Dreamy Chocolate Nemesis (with smiley!), perfect lemon cake, yummy cherry rock cakes and wickedly sinful chocolate cake from Rhythm King (well, his sister, but let's not worry about minor details like that). See picture below. Music and dancing were OK too, I suppose :wink:

Mary
29th-May-2005, 09:27 PM
I understand the Chocolate Nemesis was superb, and very nearly got to try some.................................... :angry:

There are times when practical jokes can go very wrong. :mad: :tears:

M

El Salsero Gringo
30th-May-2005, 01:13 AM
5 eggs
340g plain chocolate (70% cocoa content or higher)
275g caster sugar
200g unsalted butter

Beat the eggs with one third of the sugar until the volume at least quadruples. (Should take at least 5 minutes at full speed in an electric mixer)

In a double boiler, disolve the rest of the sugar in 125ml of water, then add the butter and chocolate in lumps. Stir until all has melted together, then remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.

Fold the chocolate syrup into the beaten eggs, avoiding too much stirring so the mixture stays light and frothy.

Pour into an eight or ten inch lined baking tin which should be placed in a bain-marie (or roasting dish) full of boiling water which comes at least half way up the sides of the baking tin.

Cook the assembly in the oven at 150 Celcius for 50-60 minutes, until set.

Cool and turn out upside-down.

Good luck.

(with acknowlegement to the River Cafe Cook Book)

Feelingpink
30th-May-2005, 08:45 AM
5 eggs
340g plain chocolate (70% cocoa content or higher)
275g caster sugar
200g unsalted butter

Cool and turn out upside-down.

Good luck.

(with acknowlegement to the River Cafe Cook Book)

Oi! Where's the most important bit - how to do the icing sugar smiley on the top??!! :grin:

El Salsero Gringo
30th-May-2005, 09:53 AM
That was dark and white chocolate shavings on top, and the exact mechanism is a trade secret!

David Bailey
30th-May-2005, 10:01 AM
That was dark and white chocolate shavings on top, and the exact mechanism is a trade secret!

But it will be revealed tonight, if you go to a certain venue...?

OK, I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist... :innocent:

Purple Sparkler
31st-May-2005, 09:51 AM
I understand the Chocolate Nemesis was superb, and very nearly got to try some.................................... :angry:

There are times when practical jokes can go very wrong. :mad: :tears:

M

You understand correctly. I scarfed my helping down with no trouble at all- and I don't usually eat that much chocolate.
BTW- thanks to ESG for the helpful supplying of a spoon (eating chocolate nemesis with your hands is possible, but, as I discovered, somewhat inadvisable), and for the Cha Cha lesson!

And may I say what a pleasure it was to meet the various forumites who turned up? I may? Oh good. It was. I'll definitely be along to the next one. I may even bring a cake myself (Baileys Butter-cake anyone?)

Bex
20th-June-2005, 11:35 AM
I've got a note in my diary to say there's a T-Jive this Sunday, is there one? :flower:

Bex

Toby wan Kenobe
20th-June-2005, 12:38 PM
Oh Yes!!
:clap: :cheers: :rofl: :clap: :cheers: :rofl: :clap: :cheers: :rofl:
This Sunday 26 June, the Hammersmith T-Jive Presents...:
The T-jive Formation Baking Team hot from their culinary tour of Kyrgyzstan
Amir back from his 12 o'clock snooze,
Kate back from the sparkly dress emporium,
TwK back from visiting another planet,
Divi back from her trip down the cornershop with more biccies

Plus a fabtational Cabaret/Showcase thingy

Plus Amir has some "new" tracks so is going to DJ a little (and I do mean a little!)

2.00pm Masterclass
3.00pm The Kenobe Dance Experience

:clap: :cheers: :rofl: :clap: :cheers: :rofl: :clap: :cheers: :rofl:

TwK

Purple Sparkler
20th-June-2005, 12:42 PM
*string of naughty words*
I'm at MJC this Sunday!

Will have to wait not-very-patiently for the next one, as I really enjoyed the last one!

Sparkles
20th-June-2005, 12:50 PM
:eek: I've run out of cake recipes ... :what:

Help me Toby wan Kenobe, you're my only hope!
(sorry, Divi, just had to steal it for this once. I'll pay you later :wink: ).

Mary
20th-June-2005, 08:12 PM
:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Working all sodding weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

Feelingpink
21st-June-2005, 12:08 AM
:eek: I've run out of cake recipes ... :what:

Help me Toby wan Kenobe, you're my only hope!
(sorry, Divi, just had to steal it for this once. I'll pay you later :wink: ).
NNNNNNOOOOOOOOO You can't have run out!? :tears: Bring on Delia, Jamie, Nigel, the CWA (the Aussies will know who I mean) ... Good Housekeeping magazine? Emergency replies needed right now!

Or do you think you could make do by bringing along some popcorn and strawberries? :devil:

Sparkles
21st-June-2005, 10:01 AM
Last night it was suggested that I go back to the beginning of my repotior and start all over again...
...so butterfly cakes it is! :yum:

S. x

Feelingpink
21st-June-2005, 10:09 AM
Last night it was suggested that I go back to the beginning of my repotior and start all over again...
...so butterfly cakes it is! :yum:

S. xWhat a great suggestion - you do hang around with some intellligent people! They're delish - can't wait :drool:

Danielle
21st-June-2005, 11:53 AM
can't wait :clap: :clap: has been in my diary for ages!!

ickle request :innocent: i went ot my first lambada class the last night and loved it! wondered if TWK could throw in a tune i could practise lambada too - its very easy to do MJ to as well :flower: pretty please!!! :hug:

Divissima
21st-June-2005, 01:21 PM
can't wait :clap: :clap: has been in my diary for ages!!

ickle request :innocent: i went ot my first lambada class the last night and loved it! wondered if TWK could throw in a tune i could practise lambada too - its very easy to do MJ to as well :flower: pretty please!!! :hug:Will see what we can do... :grin:

Danielle
21st-June-2005, 04:52 PM
Will see what we can do... :grin:

:D :D thank you :hug:

Daisy
21st-June-2005, 05:00 PM
Boo Hoo :tears: don't think we can make it. Very busy packing up our home ready for the big move 'down under'.

Praying it all goes so well on Friday that we can take a day off. :whistle:

Fingers crossed. :whistle:

under par
21st-June-2005, 05:12 PM
mrs Par and I will be venturing to the smoke for a wee T dance me thinks.....ooohhhh can't wait!!!! :drool: :drool:

Feelingpink
23rd-June-2005, 05:22 PM
mrs Par and I will be venturing to the smoke for a wee T dance me thinks.....ooohhhh can't wait!!!! :drool: :drool:Fabulous! I'm bringing my best Muggles friend Jo to experience the TJive (she's a complete convert after having done a few nights and workshop at Greenwich).

El Salsero Gringo
23rd-June-2005, 06:50 PM
Bannoffee Pie this week?

Feelingpink
23rd-June-2005, 07:01 PM
Bannoffee Pie this week?

That's a yes from me. Are you saving some for Mary? :hug:

Mary
23rd-June-2005, 07:11 PM
That's a yes from me. Are you saving some for Mary? :hug:

Sore point. :mad: But not for Senor Gringo - certain other forumites who know who they are.

And welcome back from your 'holiday' ESG. :hug: Don't forget - the wooden spoon is for making cakes OK? :wink:

M

Bex
24th-June-2005, 09:04 AM
Sore point. :mad: But not for Senor Gringo - certain other forumites who know who they are.

M

Oooohhhhh, sorry Mary :tears: , it was Simon's idea honest!!!! :whistle:

Toby wan Kenobe
24th-June-2005, 11:11 AM
T-Jive Picnic in the Park

If the weather is lovely we will be picnic'ing in the park (Furnival Gardens) from 12.30pm onwards.

TwK

Toby wan Kenobe
24th-June-2005, 11:29 AM
And Cat & Lee will be doing a Night Club 2-Step freestyle Demo!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

under par
30th-June-2005, 07:51 AM
Mrs Par and I had a great afternoon last Sunday even though we were exhausted having been to the Saturday evening at MJC till late.

Meant we got there too late for the lesson :tears: :tears: :sad:

Lee and Kat did a fantastic demo enjoyed it. :worthy:

Can anyone say when the next Tjive is so I can put it in my diary? :cheers:

Thanks to all for all the dances. :hug: :kiss:

Msfab
18th-July-2005, 04:32 PM
Does anyone know if there is a T-jive at the end of July?

Please, please, please say yes! :rofl:

Amir
19th-July-2005, 12:46 AM
Yes!

31st I think it works out to be. month sunday of last the howany.

under par
19th-July-2005, 11:03 AM
Yes!

31st I think it works out to be. month sunday of last the howany.

Come on Amir we need to be sure! :wink:
It's a long way from Worthing :whistle:

We want to arrive on the right day. :flower:

Rhythm King
19th-July-2005, 01:29 PM
Come on Amir we need to be sure! :wink:
It's a long way from Worthing :whistle:

We want to arrive on the right day. :flower:

Heard direct from TwK last night - it's the 31st :clap:

I'll be back from Beach Boogie, so I can come too - yay!

R-K :cheers:

under par
19th-July-2005, 01:39 PM
Heard direct from TwK last night - it's the 31st :clap:

I'll be back from Beach Boogie, so I can come too - yay!

R-K :cheers:

Great :cheers: ook forward to seeing you there.

Share a cake or two!! :whistle: :drool:

Anybody else going?? :D :grin:

Feelingpink
19th-July-2005, 01:51 PM
Great :cheers: ook forward to seeing you there.

Share a cake or two!! :whistle: :drool:

Anybody else going?? :D :grin:

With bells on!

KatieR
19th-July-2005, 02:13 PM
Me three!!

under par
20th-July-2005, 12:35 PM
Me three!!

There MUST be others looking forward to the dreamy afternoon at Kent House with TwK spinning the choons :worthy: :worthy: and fantastic cakes made by the hands of fair maidens. :drool: :drool:

Sparkles
20th-July-2005, 12:50 PM
fantastic cakes made by the hands of fair maidens.

Don't let Clive or ElSG hear you saying that :whistle: :wink:

ElaineB
20th-July-2005, 01:00 PM
Simon and I might actually make it this month :clap: ..............it's been so long!!!

Elaine

Sheepman
20th-July-2005, 01:16 PM
Want to go to the tea dance. Must go to the tea dance. Mustn't miss a tea dance ever if at all possible...
The trouble is Andy and Rena are doing a thing over at Eltham Palace on the same day, and I really ought to go to that. Can I squeeze both in? #
Not enough weekends in the year...

Greg

under par
20th-July-2005, 01:24 PM

I rest my case! :wink:

Can't help being provocative sometimes!

Tony M
20th-July-2005, 02:07 PM
No, it's not TonyM, it's Mary - BUT ...................................it's TonyM's birthday on 31st, but shhhhh, don't tell him I told you so. Sounds like a fine excuse to go to the T-dance if you ask me. :clap:

Now, anyone for birthday cake? :wink:

M

under par
20th-July-2005, 02:09 PM

M

Yum yum :drool: :drool:

Sparkles
20th-July-2005, 02:57 PM

Is that a request?

S. x

El Salsero Gringo
20th-July-2005, 03:21 PM
Does anyone have a favourite cake or dessert that they'd like to nominate? I need inspiration to seek some new recipies. You just come up with the idea, and I'll go and research how best to make it....

Northants Girly
20th-July-2005, 03:24 PM
Does anyone have a favourite cake or dessert that they'd like to nominate? I need inspiration to seek some new recipies. You just come up with the idea, and I'll go and research how best to make it....What about Turnip Surprise?

Bex
20th-July-2005, 03:24 PM
How about white chocolate and raspberry cake? :drool:

Sheepman
20th-July-2005, 03:36 PM
Does anyone have a favourite cake One of my favourites is cornflour cake, (either lemon, orange, vanilla, etc...) I would make one myself, but I'm unlikely to find the recipe until I move house!

Greg

Clive Long
20th-July-2005, 03:42 PM
fantastic cakes made by the hands of fair maidens.
I'm touched :blush:

But UP is such a hunka spunk, ladies swoon and bake cakes in his presence - so no wonder he thinks that way :D

But there again, maybe he has tasted my cakes, and they don't fall into the "fantastic" category :tears:

CRL

El Salsero Gringo
20th-July-2005, 04:15 PM
What about Turnip Surprise?Should be able to manage that. Of course, the surprise will be ... there's no turnip.

latinlover
20th-July-2005, 04:43 PM
No, it's not TonyM, it's Mary - BUT ...................................it's TonyM's birthday on 31st, but shhhhh, don't tell him I told you so. Sounds like a fine excuse to go to the T-dance if you ask me. :clap:

M

It's also Sue's (mrs Latinlover) on wed 27(which qualifies for a birthday dance , I think)
better make that 2 birthday cakes :clap: (I promise NOT to bake it myself ,though!) :D

latinlover
20th-July-2005, 04:46 PM
How about white chocolate and raspberry cake? :drool:

:yeah: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Feelingpink
20th-July-2005, 06:43 PM
How about white chocolate and raspberry cake? :drool:Yum. And a dance with LatinLover! Glad I don't have to choose between them :drool:

Sparkles
21st-July-2005, 09:27 AM
Yum. And a dance with LatinLover! Glad I don't have to choose between them :drool:

I know which I'd choose, and it wouldn't be the cake :wink:

So... you baking this time round FP?

latinlover
21st-July-2005, 09:46 AM
Yum. And a dance with LatinLover! Glad I don't have to choose between them :drool:

I know which I'd choose, and it wouldn't be the cake :wink:

So... you baking this time round FP?

BLUSH!!

:flower:

Peter
21st-July-2005, 11:52 AM
Anyone know if there is an email circulation list for these dates?

Toby wan Kenobe
27th-July-2005, 07:55 PM
:clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers:
Last chance to catch DJ Kenobe at the Sunday T-Jive, this Sunday 31st July.
I'll be bowing out with a mega mix of all my favourite tracks from the last 2 years of Sunday T-Jive.

2-3 pm Amir Masterclass
3-5ish the last Kenobe Dance Experience at the Sunday T-Jive

And of course the T-Jive Formation Baking Team will be much in evidence, plus we have some "birthdays in the house".
:cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap:

TwK

Minnie M
27th-July-2005, 08:04 PM
... the last Kenobe Dance Experience at the Sunday T-Jive......
:really: Am I missing something here :confused: :sad:

ChrisA
27th-July-2005, 11:00 PM
:really: Am I missing something here :confused: :sad:
Well I'd speculate that La Diva, aka Clarissima Bellissima, aka (soon to be) Mrs T. Cross has decreed that 2 years of tea making is to be replaced with a whip-crackin' extravaganza, whereby she is transformed into Dominissima Bellissima, with an altogether alternative agenda for Sunday afternoons.

But who am I to speculate thus? :whistle:

Minnie M
28th-July-2005, 07:42 AM
......../snip/........she is transformed into Dominissima Bellissima, with an altogether alternative agenda for Sunday afternoons....
:cool: :flower: :clap: :yeah: can't think of a better reason :hug: :D

Sparkles
28th-July-2005, 09:48 AM
Wonder who will be taking over as resident DJ?...

S. x

Bex
28th-July-2005, 09:54 AM
Wonder who will be taking over as resident DJ?...

S. x

Whoever it is, will have a very hard act to follow. The T-Jive won't be the same without Kenobe's choons or Diva's tea organisation :worthy: .

Zebra Woman
28th-July-2005, 03:44 PM
I'll be bowing out with a mega mix of all my favourite tracks from the last 2 years of Sunday T-Jive.

2-3 pm Amir Masterclass

And of course the T-Jive Formation Baking Team will be much in evidence, plus we have some "birthdays in the house".

TwK

So sad to read this :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

The end of an era. :sad:

I will be there on Sunday with some stripey tissues, which I will try not to drop on the dancefloor :blush:

the last Kenobe Dance Experience at the Sunday T-Jive

What does this mean? :confused: I am clinging to the hope that the TWK experience will be morphing into something even better. Very hard to imagine, but I'm still in the 'shock /denial' phase of grieving so that's what I have to do.

ZW :sad:

latinlover
28th-July-2005, 04:31 PM
So sad to read this :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

The end of an era. :sad:
ZW :sad:

:yeah: :yeah:

I think those of us who have been priviledged to experience the Kent House T-Jive will all look back on the last 18months or so as a particularly Golden Age of dancing in London. :clap:
much respect and gratitude to Toby & Amir :worthy:

Although this is not to deny support to whoever has the difficult job of following such a class act
Good Luck , whoever you are! :flower:

Minnie M
28th-July-2005, 04:45 PM
:yeah: :yeah:

I think those of us who have been priviledged to experience the Kent House T-Jive will all look back on the last 18months or so as a particularly Golden Age of dancing in London. :clap:
much respect and gratitude to Toby & Amir :worthy:

Although this is not to deny support to whoever has the difficult job of following such a class act
Good Luck , whoever you are! :flower:

:yeah: :tears: :yeah: :sad:
and happy Sundays to the future Mrs. & Mrs. Cross

latinlover
28th-July-2005, 04:47 PM
:yeah: :tears: :yeah: :sad:
and happy Sundays to the future Mrs. & Mrs. Cross

NATCH :flower: :flower:

Simon r
29th-July-2005, 09:09 AM

2-3 pm Amir Masterclass

TwK
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo
bex told me last night
and i said
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo
i think you understand my response.
love you toby

Daisy
29th-July-2005, 10:30 AM

2-3 pm Amir Masterclass

TwK

This is a travesty :tears: :tears: :tears:

Where will they find another 'Fluff Freeman'.... irriplaceable !! :worthy:

Cruella
29th-July-2005, 11:02 AM
TwK

Not sure that i shouldn't take this personally!! I make the decision to go to the T Jive for the first time and Toby decides it must be time to retire from DJing there. :tears: Please tell me it's only coincidence. :sick: There will be no escape though, i'll follow you to Twyford on the 13th. :devil:

Sparkles
23rd-August-2005, 09:31 AM
So, I'm assuming there will still be a T-dance this Sunday (without Toby *sob* *sniff* :tears: ).
Any details?
Who's DJing?
Who's baking?
and, most importantly, who's going??!

S. x

under par
23rd-August-2005, 09:59 AM
So, I'm assuming there will still be a T-dance this Sunday (without Toby *sob* *sniff* :tears: ).
Any details?
Who's DJing?
Who's baking?

S. x

Mrs Par and I will be there.

Dj isnt Toby nor RogerC spoke to them last night,

I was baking last night at Jango do you think they need air conditioning in Kent House? :whistle:

Msfab
23rd-August-2005, 10:23 AM
Any details?
Who's DJing?
Who's baking?

S. x

Amir to DJ with a surprise other! :really:

Bex
23rd-August-2005, 10:27 AM
Amir to DJ with a surprise other! :really:

I reckon its Gus :wink:

Lory
23rd-August-2005, 10:33 AM

Any details?No :sad:

Who's DJing?Don't know :confused:

Who's baking?I think I used up ALL my baking skills in one go, last time! :blush: :rofl:

and, most importantly, who's going??!Me, if it's a goer :cheers:

LMC
23rd-August-2005, 10:44 AM
While you're all in Amir's masterclass, I will hopefully be having some coaching from the wonderful DavidB (TBC) and will then join you for the freestyle...

So anyone who can lead is hereby 'umbly requested to dance with me and tell me whether I've taken any notice (i.e. improved from the previous time you danced with me). Thanks in advance :flower:

Sparkles
23rd-August-2005, 11:12 AM
Getting back to the T-dance (which we have decided *is* still happening and may have music from Amir and someone else) - who's going?
UP could be dancing his socks off if he has to keep Mrs UP, Lory and myself satisfied all on his own... :whistle:

S. x

Msfab
23rd-August-2005, 11:15 AM
Anyway...

...getting back to the T-dance (which we have decided *is* still happening and may have music from Amir and someone else) - who's going?
UP could be dancing his socks off if he has to keep Mrs UP, Lory and myself satisfied all on his own... :whistle:

S. x

Try and stop Me................ :clap: :clap: :clap:

And I may even bake something! :rolleyes:

mooncalf
23rd-August-2005, 11:18 AM
Try and stop Me................ :clap: :clap: :clap:

And I may even bake something! :rolleyes:

Please do. My fridge may need re-stocking by then.

Rhythm King
23rd-August-2005, 12:46 PM
Getting back to the T-dance (which we have decided *is* still happening and may have music from Amir and someone else) - who's going?

S. x

I'll be there! :clap:

but then you knew that

KatieR
23rd-August-2005, 01:38 PM
I'll be there! :clap:

but then you knew that

Im still unsure as to my plans for Sunday... I desperately want to come but because I have such an employee friendly :whistle: work environment I still dont know what hours I am working.

Still! It will be the last Sunday EVER! That I have to work! Then its party party party!

If I am able to attend... save a dance for me R-K? :hug:

Rhythm King
23rd-August-2005, 02:27 PM
Im still unsure as to my plans for Sunday... I desperately want to come but because I have such an employee friendly :whistle: work environment I still dont know what hours I am working.

Still! It will be the last Sunday EVER! That I have to work! Then its party party party!

If I am able to attend... save a dance for me R-K? :hug:

Absolutely! Hope to see you there :hug:

Northants Girly
23rd-August-2005, 02:33 PM
Me and DavidY are thinking about making the trip down on Sunday :D

Is anyone else coming from the Midlands who fancies a car share?

Purple Sparkler
23rd-August-2005, 02:43 PM
I shall be in attendance and so (I hope) shall my home-made version of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. Nothing but butter, peanut butter, sugar, and chocolate.

As Nigella Lawson says of them, 'you'd think knowing how they are made would stop you from eating them. Sadly not'.

under par
23rd-August-2005, 03:48 PM

S. x[/QUOTE] :yeah: :yeah: can't wait

DavidY
24th-August-2005, 07:27 AM
Me and DavidY are thinking about making the trip down on Sunday :D

Is anyone else coming from the Midlands who fancies a car share?I can't go now. :blush: :tears: Maybe another time.