PDA

View Full Version : I'm Defecting!

Sal
15th-December-2004, 02:02 PM
I am sure many of you have heard on the grapevine, but now it is official....

I am moving to London, as I have an Assistant Editor position with Biomed central. (Online publisher of scientific journals)

I would like to say Goodbye and Thanks for all the fun to all the Scottish dancers. However, don't think that I won't be back to visit!

And to all the London dancers - please dance with me!

Sal x

Penfold
15th-December-2004, 02:12 PM
Good luck in your new Job and I'll make sure to grab you next Tuesday for a dance or two. :nice:

under par
15th-December-2004, 02:13 PM

I am moving to London,

Sal x

Look forward to the pleasure.
:clap: :flower:

Next Tuesday at 'sters if you're going. :kiss: (although I'm not strictly from London!!!)

Sparkles
15th-December-2004, 02:14 PM
Someone save me - she's moving in! Aaaaaaargh!!!
(love ya really, Babe :flower:)

Be prepared for party invites in the New Year!!!
S. x

Gadget
15th-December-2004, 02:53 PM
:tears::tears: <sniff>

But all the best in the new job anyway. :D

latinlover
15th-December-2004, 03:02 PM

I am moving to London, as I have an Assistant Editor position with Biomed central. (Online publisher of scientific journals)

I would like to say Goodbye and Thanks for all the fun to all the Scottish dancers. However, don't think that I won't be back to visit!

Sal x

:clap: :drool:

Sal
15th-December-2004, 03:22 PM
Someone save me - she's moving in! Aaaaaaargh!!!
(love ya really, Babe :flower:)

Be prepared for party invites in the New Year!!!
S. x

Forgot to mention that I would be living with the Forum Queen herself! Can't think of a better way to be introduced to the London scene!!

Sheepman
15th-December-2004, 03:40 PM
And to all the London dancers - please dance with me! That will be my pleasure!
Congratulations on the new job, and I do hope things aren't too mad in your new home! :what:

Greg x

Simon r
15th-December-2004, 03:51 PM

Sal x

hope to see you soon honey will be pleased to dance with you give us a shout when your going on your first outing ....

Sparkles now owes me three dances.... :kiss:

Sparkles
15th-December-2004, 03:53 PM
hope to see you soon honey will be pleased to dance with you give us a shout when your going on your first outing ....

Sparkles now owes me three dances.... :kiss:

Be assured, it will be made widely known when Sal and I are going out for the night :cool:

... are you sure it wasn't six dances... :whistle: :drool: :flower:

Rhythm King
15th-December-2004, 05:03 PM
Be assured, it will be made widely known when Sal and I are going out for the night :cool:

Hope we can practice our "double trouble" again - never was a dance more aptly named :wink:

Look forward to dancing with you in the New Year Sal, and good luck with the job too

R-K :flower:

Dreadful Scathe
15th-December-2004, 06:01 PM

:tears: :tears: :tears:

...well as long as Im still head of the Sal fan club in Scotland :)

RobC
15th-December-2004, 10:06 PM

Like you have to ask :yum:

See you on the dancefloor :clap:

Tiggerbabe
16th-December-2004, 12:19 AM
All the best in your new job Sal, see you on the dancefloor soon though, I hope :D

jockey
16th-December-2004, 02:15 AM

Sal x
Hi Sal! Welcome to the South....!I must say all the Scottish dancers with whom I have had contact have been really nice people as well as first rate dancers; Especially girls from Aberdeen - do you know Laura and Lisa (who have now also gone separate ways, I believe) two PhD students from Aberdeen? I met them at Beach Boogie, 200?. I competed with Lisa in the Blues Comp and made the final with her; and one dance I had with Laura prompted the thought 'that was a perfect dance'...I hate modesty so I am going to admit that I have a PhD from Sussex..(there's a joke there about the 'Three Degrees', but would I go there - never!) so there was a big coincidence about it all aswell.
If you dance at Hipsters (highly recommended) then you will not only be dancing with Londoners but the 'creme de la creme' from Brighton, Bristol, Swindon (hi tall female from S) etc; Jon Brett is resident DJ and when I went on Tuesday just gone he played another storming set - plenty of difficult endings to spot and different 'genres' to play with (thanks to Lory - we meet at last!?, Mel (superb), Denise (fabulous) and a previous dancing partner (she knows who she is); and 'the impossible waist' from oop north (she knows who she is too..) whom I coaxed from her perch on the stage. :clap: :kiss:

Mr Fitz
16th-December-2004, 09:11 AM
I am moving to London,

WANTED (Aberdeen Area)

Feisty taxi dancer with great sense of humour and fab mover. Must respond well to a strong lead and have a tendency to “do her own thing” for a couple of beats. Urgent replacement required, anything considered, but only the best will do…

…will miss ya…

Brian x

:tears:

Sparkles
16th-December-2004, 11:15 AM
Hey, Sal, you thinking of taxiing again when you get down here?

Rhythm King
16th-December-2004, 12:52 PM
Hi Sal! Welcome to the South....!I must say all the Scottish dancers with whom I have had contact have been really nice people as well as first rate dancers; Especially girls from Aberdeen - do you know Laura and Lisa (who have now also gone separate ways, I believe) two PhD students from Aberdeen? I met them at Beach Boogie, 200?. I competed with Lisa in the Blues Comp and made the final with her; and one dance I had with Laura prompted the thought 'that was a perfect dance'...I hate modesty so I am going to admit that I have a PhD from Sussex..(there's a joke there about the 'Three Degrees', but would I go there - never!) so there was a big coincidence about it all aswell.
If you dance at Hipsters (highly recommended) then you will not only be dancing with Londoners but the 'creme de la creme' from Brighton, Bristol, Swindon (hi tall female from S) etc; Jon Brett is resident DJ and when I went on Tuesday just gone he played another storming set - plenty of difficult endings to spot and different 'genres' to play with (thanks to Lory - we meet at last!?, Mel (superb), Denise (fabulous) and a previous dancing partner (she knows who she is); and 'the impossible waist' from oop north (she knows who she is too..) whom I coaxed from her perch on the stage. :clap: :kiss:

I was at that Beach Boogie and also danced with Lisa and Laura. Lisa is now the Ceroc teacher in Aberdeen, and is just the most fabulous dancer :worthy: Ok so spill the beans, we've seen you posting and you obviously go to the same venues as a number of us but - who are you? When are you going to come and identify yourself to some of your other fellow forumites?

Sal
16th-December-2004, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=jockey]Hi Sal! Welcome to the South....!I must say all the Scottish dancers with whom I have had contact have been really nice people as well as first rate dancers; Especially girls from Aberdeen - do you know Laura and Lisa (who have now also gone separate ways, I believe) two PhD students from Aberdeen? I met them at Beach Boogie, 200?. QUOTE]

I actually met Laura and Lisa before I started dancing as we all worked in the same building. I also have a Ph.D - dancing in Aberdeen is very high brow!
Looking forward to a dance with you - if I can work out who you are!

Graham
16th-December-2004, 01:08 PM
All the best in your new job, Sal!!

Sal
16th-December-2004, 01:10 PM
Hey, Sal, you thinking of taxiing again when you get down here?

Absolutely - if I can find anyone to take me!

Tiggerbabe
16th-December-2004, 01:49 PM
Lisa is now the Ceroc teacher in Aberdeen
Just to correct you Mr RK - Lisa is one of the Ceroc teachers in Aberdeen, the lucky blighters also have Lorna.........although tonight Lorna's gonna be teaching in Perth :clap: :clap: :D

Rhythm King
16th-December-2004, 03:25 PM
Just to correct you Mr RK - Lisa is one of the Ceroc teachers in Aberdeen, the lucky blighters also have Lorna.........although tonight Lorna's gonna be teaching in Perth :clap: :clap: :D
I stand corrected :blush: Lorna's fab too, though I only met her briefly at the BFG.
(although in my defence I was only commenting on Jockey's post :flower: )