PDA

View Full Version : Looking for GPS sat nav users

uk-jive
13th-December-2004, 01:16 PM
Does anyone here use GPS satellite navigation?

I could do with finding a couple of people to test out a new overlay data file thich highlights all the MJ venues across the UK.

The data is derived from post code details, which I gather should make navigation accurate to around 100 metres.

The overlay is for the TomTom range of navigation products, including smartphone & PDA navigation.

Anyone interested?... Let me know! :flower:

Trousers
13th-December-2004, 01:29 PM
Does anyone here use GPS satellite navigation?

I could do with finding a couple of people to test out a new overlay data file thich highlights all the MJ venues across the UK.

The data is derived from post code details, which I gather should make navigation accurate to around 100 metres.

The overlay is for the TomTom range of navigation products, including smartphone & PDA navigation.

Anyone interested?... Let me know! :flower:
It already exists and I use it although the age of the ov2 file is questionable.
But yeah I've had that file on for 8 months now. Works nicely although you do need to keep ya eyes open for the Ceroc banners when you are near

go to Points of interest (http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/tomtompoi.php)

there are links for Speed camera watchers too in that site and all the asda stores for shopaholics.

uk-jive
13th-December-2004, 02:11 PM
It already exists and I use it although the age of the ov2 file is questionable...

Yes, I've seen the Ceroc OV2 file and you've highlighted the two main issues with it...

a. It ain't regularly updated.
b. It's a Ceroc only file

The version I will supply will contain all MJ dance venues for the UK (providing the MJ organiser supplies their post code detials to UK-Jive).

If your interested in giving my version a whirl, please let me know which your regular dance venues are & I'll make a test version available.

Jon

Trousers
13th-December-2004, 03:18 PM
Bring it on Jon!

Anything that means i can sleep and dance longer has to be good.

Actually I'm too lazy to use maps now and I like my toys!

ooerrr

Can u update the asda stores as well hehehe

uk-jive
13th-December-2004, 04:56 PM
Let me know which your regular venues are & I'll send it over.

Do you work for Asda? Perhaps they'd like a maintained data file?... I can quote :)

Trousers
13th-December-2004, 10:52 PM
nah just like shopping late at night in my dance trousers.

that gets some looks i can tell you.

and i dont want half a database - i go everywhere

uk-jive
13th-December-2004, 11:39 PM
and i dont want half a database - i go everywhere

Sorry Trousers, at this moment, a full database isn't on offer.

I currently have details of well over 500 venues round the UK. I not going to spend the time (or expense) producing something if I haven't tested it first.

The datafile currently has around 150 venues + an additional half dozen or so, if you give me an indication of where you dance. :)

Jon