PDA

View Full Version : Best Poster

Franck
11th-November-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Curtain
Sorry Janet, I actually didn't put your name on this poll (nor mine). It was Franck who devised the list, so he must of thought you worthy. I put nine names down plus 'other', so not guilty I'm afraid. hehe, you chicken, you did say you wanted to put more names, but could not put more than 10!

I simply added the (then) current top 20 posters to the Poll, to make it fair. I reckon it is only a bit of fun, and from the results, it seems you all have posted something that someone thought was worth reading!
I think everyone who posted at least once is a "best poster" anyway :nice:

Saying that Janet, you have been a bit quiet of late :wink:

Franck.

Janet
12th-November-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Curtain

Sorry Janet, I actually didn't put your name on this poll (nor mine). It was Franck who devised the list....
OK. You are forgiven. (Still on for the 23rd then??? :wink: )
Not sure about Franck though...

You've got votes, so just be happy. :wink:
Ooo, oooo. Where? Let me see, let me see!!!
And it wasn't me 'cos I haven't voted for anyone at all. Think I'll save mine for the casting vote. So what's it worth to all you saddo posters out there Gadget??! :wink:

Janet

Janet
12th-November-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Saying that Janet, you have been a bit quiet of late :wink:
Franck.
Well, you know me Franck.... :wink:

Watch and learn. Think I'll adopt that as my moto. But then it is the quiet ones that you have to watch, so does that make it a self-perpetuating cycle? :confused: :confused: :confused:
I guess not or no-one would be saying anything. :really:

Originally posted by Graham
Janet, you'll never break in to the saddo list if you do monster posts like this - you need to break it up into one-liners!
Is this better Graham? :D

Janet

Gadget
12th-November-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Janet
And it wasn't me 'cos I haven't voted for anyone at all. Think I'll save mine for the casting vote. So what's it worth to all you saddo posters out there Gadget??! :wink:

Hey! I resemble that remark! ;)

Graham
12th-November-2002, 05:41 PM

Is this better Graham? :D

Certainly an improvement (???), but you could still have put this particular point in a third post! :wink:

Janet
12th-November-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Gadget

Hey! I resemble that remark! ;)

What's with all the little black circles that are appearing? Or am I the only one whose browser is not recognising the latest addition to the fast-growing Smilies collection?

Janet

p.s. Sorry Gadget. :sorry Guess that's me scored off your dance card for the 23rd then?

Gadget
13th-November-2002, 09:30 AM
What's with all the little black circles that are appearing?
I asked the same thing; it means you have contributed to that thread.

p.s. Sorry Gadget. :sorry Guess that's me scored off your dance card for the 23rd then?
Naaaa - I'll dance with ayone !:wink: :D

Janet
13th-November-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Gadget

I asked the same thing; it means you have contributed to that thread.

No, actually it was this one ;) that you used in your post. Not sure why, but for the last few days it has been appearing as a black circle in everything I viewed, incluting the Smilies palette. Seems OK this morning though. Still haven't figured out where this 'you have contributed' black dot is.

Naaaa - I'll dance with ayone !:wink: :D
Oh, taa. That really makes me feel terrific! :sick:

Janet

Janet
13th-November-2002, 10:45 AM

Still haven't figured out where this 'you have contributed' black dot is.

OK. To save you all the bother I have now located the missing black dot. Guess I should have posted more before now!

Janet

:kiss: Anyone else think that this looks like the Revenge of the Packmen?!!

DavidB
10th-December-2002, 05:54 PM
Thanks to everyone who voted for me. But in the interests of research (and staying awake!) I thought a more scientific process should be used - ie who has started the most threads, who has provoked the most responses, and who gets the most views.

Most threads:
55 Franck
52 Gus
33 DavidB
24 John S
24 Ceroc Jock
20 Gadget
16 Dreadful Scathe
15 filthycute
13 Lou
12 TheTramp

Most views:
35223 Gus
21829 Franck
11585 DavidB
8359 Ceroc Jock
8283 John S
7072 Gadget
5523 ericklondon
5441 Amanda
5299 filthycute
4821 Heather

Most replies:
1703 Gus
895 Franck
569 DavidB
372 Gadget
360 John S
307 ericklondon
299 Ceroc Jock
289 filthycute
249 Jayne
233 Lou

The scary thing about this is how many people read what Gus writes...

David

John S
10th-December-2002, 06:46 PM
So, how much damage has been done to the UK economy by the Ceroc Chat Forum????????

Jayne
11th-December-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by DavidB
Most views:
35223 Gus
21829 Franck
11585 DavidB
8359 Ceroc Jock
8283 John S
7072 Gadget
5523 ericklondon
5441 Amanda
5299 filthycute
4821 Heather

Most replies:
1703 Gus
895 Franck
569 DavidB
372 Gadget
360 John S
307 ericklondon
299 Ceroc Jock
289 filthycute
249 Jayne
233 Lou

David [/B]

David,

Do these data take into account the number of posts people made in the first place?

Not that I analyse data for a job or anything.... :tears:

Jayne
:nice:

DavidB
11th-December-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Jayne
Do these data take into account the number of posts people made in the first place?This came from the total number of posts/views in each thread. I haven't subtracted the number of posts made by the thread starter - I counted them as part of the discussion. Besides - to get the number of posts from the thread starter in each thread, I would have to open up each thread.

I suppose a better measure would be the number of replies & views per thread started, but I was just interested in how many people take an interest in what gets written.

David

Gus
11th-December-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by DavidB

The scary thing about this is how many people read what Gus writes...

David

Relax ... I don't think anyone ever actualy agrees with what I write :devil:

Scot
11th-December-2002, 12:09 PM
Just did....

Gus
11th-December-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Scot
Just did....

And for that I thank you:grin:

Seriously though, as I have rather more spare time than I would like, its been fun and intelklectualy stimulating to stir up areas of contention and see what people really think. For the most part there has been some great debate with some usefull learning points coming out.

The sage comment of the Orcale (Dave B), the surreal comments of Scath, John S and Graham, the meticulous anlysis of Messr Gadget and the zealous cpmments from Franck have furthered my understanding of dance, Music and the Scottish psyche. Even the caustic comments from CJ and Erik have been most welcome in making it a fun environment. And of course the contributions of the MAd bunch (Wendy, Heather, Sheena, Rachel, Lou, Fran, Fc etc) have alwys brought a 'different' view .. normaly pertaining to sexual deviancy:yum: :yum:

So .. may all continue .... lets have more teachers getting involved. Its been great to hear Lorna and Lisa ... but where is that mysterious Obi .........

TheTramp
11th-December-2002, 12:31 PM
Relax ... I don't think anyone ever actualy agrees with what I write Hey! I think I did once. But it was probably just a slip of my fingers....:what:

Steve

John S
11th-December-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Gus

... but where is that mysterious Obi .........

Long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away .....

Graham
18th-December-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Gus

...the surreal comments of Scath, John S and Graham...
Ceci n'est pas une rŽponse.

jivecat
18th-July-2004, 10:10 PM
Why isn't that civilised, anti-perv crusader Chris A on the list? He always writes very nice posts. And lots of them too.

Emma
18th-July-2004, 10:23 PM
Why isn't that civilised, anti-perv crusader Chris A on the list? He always writes very nice posts. And lots of them too.Becasue the thread was before his time, babe ;) Check the date!!

Tiggerbabe
18th-July-2004, 11:32 PM
So who's been looking through the old threads to bring this one back to life then? :grin:

Gadget
19th-July-2004, 10:15 AM
Can this poll be closed please? Or/and a new one opened if still interested;
It's two years old!!

(Not that I would change my vote, but some people listed havn't posted in a while, and others would need to be added)

Oh- meant to add: I don't like popularity polls. It's nice for the person to come up on top, but what about those who are at the bottom of the list? Or those who don't make it onto the list? The BFG awards are a secret ballot where anyone can be nominated/voted for and no feelings/egos/... have the chance to be bruised.

ChrisA
19th-July-2004, 10:40 AM
Oh- meant to add: I don't like popularity polls. It's nice for the person to come up on top, but what about those who are at the bottom of the list? Or those who don't make it onto the list?

Well, strange though it may be ;) I find myself agreeing with Gadget once again.

But I'm not giving him rep for this, since his rep is higher than mine. :D

Chris

Gadget
19th-July-2004, 11:29 AM
No it's not... we both have a spectacular aura! :D

ChrisA
19th-July-2004, 11:32 AM
No it's not... we both have a spectacular aura! :D
Yep, but if you look in the members list and order by rep, you'll see you're one above me.

Chris

Pammy
19th-July-2004, 11:36 AM
It's two years old!!

(Not that I would change my vote, but some people listed havn't posted in a while, and others would need to be added)

Oh- meant to add: I don't like popularity polls. It's nice for the person to come up on top, but what about those who are at the bottom of the list? Or those who don't make it onto the list? The BFG awards are a secret ballot where anyone can be nominated/voted for and no feelings/egos/... have the chance to be bruised.

Agreed. I don't see how someone can be top anyway; depends what mood you're in as for who is top, e.g. most intellectual isn't the same as the funniest... Too amgibuous.

jivecat
19th-July-2004, 11:36 AM
So who's been looking through the old threads to bring this one back to life then? :grin:

Duh! Never looked at the date! Wondered why I didn't recognise half the names.

DavidY
19th-July-2004, 01:17 PM
It's two years old!! :yeah:
There's a lot to be said for the option to put an expiry dates on polls, as it stops polls being "resurrected" onto the "Recent Posts" search if someone votes.

I think this option was a new feature which appeared with the forum revamp (so probably didn't apply when this poll was created).