PDA

View Full Version : Don't Picture the Bag Lady

Bangers & Mash
10th-December-2004, 09:59 AM
Wow! Have I lead an exceptionally sheltered life? is it a sign of the times? a sign of age? or a new under-current in the ceroc scene? or is it because you girls send mixed messages all the time?

I can see I'm gonna get flamed for this one - but I am talking about

BAGGAGE!

One of the greatest things about this forum has been the sense of community, which include getting together, parties, pictures and sharing the whole experience here in the forums.

But more and more often nowadays, I am hearing the immortal words "you won't mention me" or "don't let my picture get on there" or whatever "because I'm being stalked" or "because I have a mad ex husband" or "because I'm haunted by the sins of my past"

Ironically, these are the very people I wouldn't want to mention, be pictured with or whatever because the girls on the forum seem so much more enlightened and seem to have LESS BAGGAGE!

So tell me - BAGGAGE: Is this the norm nowadays?

Trousers
10th-December-2004, 10:56 AM
Wow! Have I lead an exceptionally sheltered life? is it a sign of the times? a sign of age? or a new under-current in the ceroc scene? or is it because you girls send mixed messages all the time?

BAGGAGE!

One of the greatest things about this forum has been the sense of community, which include getting together, parties, pictures and sharing the whole experience here in the forums.

But more and more often nowadays, I am hearing the immortal words "you won't mention me" or "don't let my picture get on there" or whatever "because I'm being stalked" or "because I have a mad ex husband" or "because I'm haunted by the sins of my past"

Ironically, these are the very people I wouldn't want to mention, be pictured with or whatever because the girls on the forum seem so much more enlightened and seem to have LESS BAGGAGE!

Don't assume it's a girls only domain. I personally do baggage - shed loads of it.

I can't believe that you don't carry some baggage with you Bangers?

Every life that touches your own affects you, well does with me. But when it's **** we call it baggage and when its good we say experience. And every piece of baggage or experience tempers how we deal with the next person we meet.

OOOOH much to serious.

Roll on Pub Lunch!

Trousers
10th-December-2004, 10:57 AM
Hmmm auto expletive removal how quaint!

Bangers & Mash
10th-December-2004, 11:05 AM
I can't believe that you don't carry some baggage with you Bangers?

Plenty of it. But I allocate a time to deal with it every week, normally between 3 and 4 in the morning, and then try and sleep through it! :wink:

ToeTrampler
10th-December-2004, 11:17 AM

Not if you fly KLM it isn't, those ******** can make your baggage disappear in no time :tears:

Magic Hans
10th-December-2004, 11:55 AM
Ok ....
Q 1. Who, amongst us, lived a perfectly utopian childhood?
Q 2. Who amongst us is currently on track to achieving everything that we ever wanted to do?
Q 3. Who amongst us has a clear picture of what they want to do?
Q 4. Who amongst us is perfection personified?

Answering yes to all four of the above indicates either:

a person with absolutely no hang-ups or insecurities (my terms for baggage), or
A person with plenty of 'baggage', in fact, so much that it has all been mentally filtered out of conscious memory, resulting in a large dose of self-delusion. [which is, of course, not recognisable ... maybe we're all happily (and sadly) deluding ourselves every minute of every day!]

Personally, I have baggage. I have baggage that I know about, and baggage that I don't. I blame my baggage on noone, and bear full responsibility for it. It's a part of me, and part of what makes me, me ... and so, in a funny way, I am quite thankful for it!

I don't particularly hide my baggage away, except for when first getting to know someone. Someone else's baggage can be a bit difficult to handle all at once, and right in the face. A little sensitivity is called for.

As for Q4. Yes, I am perfect (as I see things), but not in the obvious sense of the word!!! ... with all my insecurities, and needs and wants and hangups .... I am where I am and who I am because I am!! ... If I wasn't then I wouldn't be! ... because everything is .... for a reason. Not that I have the foggies what that reason might be sometimes.

I'm simply glad by baggage isn't handled by heathrow staff [ ... or any airport for that matter!!]

Ian

Feelingpink
10th-December-2004, 12:24 PM
Ok ....
Q 1. Who, amongst us, lived a perfectly utopian childhood?
Q 2. Who amongst us is currently on track to achieving everything that we ever wanted to do?
Q 3. Who amongst us has a clear picture of what they want to do?
Q 4. Who amongst us is perfection personified?

Answering yes to all four of the above indicates either:

a person with absolutely no hang-ups or insecurities (my terms for baggage), or
A person with plenty of 'baggage', in fact, so much that it has all been mentally filtered out of conscious memory, resulting in a large dose of self-delusion. [which is, of course, not recognisable ... maybe we're all happily (and sadly) deluding ourselves every minute of every day!]

Ian

Fab post. I can answer yes to two of the above (not saying which two) ... think baggage can be 'developed' at an early age - not just a symptom of advancing years ... although sometimes age brings bitterness with it - makes baggage appear even heavier.

I like a friend's analogy that we can sweep anything we like under the carpet, but unless we clean under the carpet from time to time, the carpet will ruck up so much that we trip over it.

Cabin baggage only for me ....

tattie
10th-December-2004, 12:49 PM

BAGGAGE!

Well, I've debated for a good while over whether to join in this debate. As someone who makes a living from dealing with other people's baggage, I can't quite believe that anyone could claim not to have any. And what a dull life they would have! Baggage isn't just the issues themselves, it's the impact it has on every aspect of your life.

Bangers, if you want a free session, let me know. I have some particularly insightful questions for you! :hug:

Bangers & Mash
10th-December-2004, 01:24 PM
Bangers, if you want a free session, let me know. I have some particularly insightful questions for you! :hug:

Q.
Who am I
Where am I
What is my purpose in life

A.

Q.
Do I enjoy dance

A.
Yes

What else is there to know? :whistle:

Dazzle
10th-December-2004, 05:15 PM
IMHO people go to dance often to forget their baggage and the problems of every day life. I have more baggage than a Las Vegas Bell Boy! :flower: Probably why I dance as often as I can 4-5 times a week!! :clap:

BeeBee
10th-December-2004, 06:00 PM
Not if you fly KLM it isn't, those ******** can make your baggage disappear in no time :tears:

Yep, I've experienced the delights of KLMs approach to routing baggage in the opposite direction to where I've headed. Those joksters, how they like a laugh . . . :rolleyes:

All I was worried about was would my leather skirt and shoes make it back to Scotland? :what:

jivecat
10th-December-2004, 09:40 PM
Hmmm auto expletive removal how quaint!

Ah, this explains everything. I thought forumites were being uncharacteristically prissy today.