PDA

View Full Version : Non-smoky Dance Floors - Where to find them :clap:

uk-jive
7th-December-2004, 04:58 PM
Rather than focus on those venues who allow smoking, I thought it would be more positive if there was a way of identifying the organisations who operate a no-smoking policy.

So... From tomorrow, all organisations who list their information on UK-Jive will be able to specify whether each of their venues is non-smoking (or not). :clap:

As & when I get round to it, this info will be published in all UK-Jive events listings & newsletters.

I hope this is a more positive way of encouraging more organisers to adopt what the majority seem to want. :flower:

Jon

skippy
7th-December-2004, 08:30 PM
I think they all should be non smoking and I can't wait for the new law in 2006 to start in bar and restaurants!!!

Gus
7th-December-2004, 09:01 PM
I think they all should be non smoking and I can't wait for the new law in 2006 to start in bar and restaurants!!!Thats a fair point. What will be the impact of nightclubs and MJ venues? Anyone know?

Jive Brummie
7th-December-2004, 09:41 PM
Salutation Hotel, Thursday night's in Perth...No Smoking :clap:

Invercarse Hotel, Monday night's in Dundee...No Smoking :clap:

JB x x :whistle:

Whitebeard
7th-December-2004, 11:52 PM
I hope this is a more positive way of encouraging more organisers to adopt what the majority seem to want.
Yes, a very good initiative: most definitely a very direct and unsubjective way of identifying venues, for those distressed by any degree of smokiness in the atmosphere of a venue, and an encouragement for organisers to at least think about the issue.

It won't solve the balance of decisions regarding attendance for all, but it will for some, and that will bring pressure to bear.

Graham
8th-December-2004, 01:17 AM
Thats a fair point. What will be the impact of nightclubs and MJ venues? Anyone know?
In Scotland, all nightclubs and MJ venues will be covered by the smoking ban. South of the border the exact details of the legislation have not yet been revealed, but if it's linked to the serving of food, it seems likely that most venues would not be covered.

spindr
8th-December-2004, 02:20 PM
So... From tomorrow, all organisations who list their information on UK-Jive will be able to specify whether each of their venues is non-smoking (or not). :clap:

As & when I get round to it, this info will be published in all UK-Jive events listings & newsletters.

Any chance you can do that for your uk-salsa site?

Thanks,
SpinDr.

spindr
8th-December-2004, 02:29 PM
Non-smoking venues in Hampshire.

Harlington Center, Fleet -- CerocPlus
Barton Hall (Horndean Campus), Horndean -- Mo'jive
Admiral Lord Nelson School, Southsea -- Swing Dance Co *and* Love2Dance
Richard Aldworth School, Basingstoke -- Dance Yourself Dizzy

SpinDr.

uk-jive
8th-December-2004, 02:31 PM
Any chance you can do that for your uk-salsa site?

Thanks,
SpinDr.

Yes, once the site has taken off, I'll be implementing all the recent updates that have been applied to UK-Jive.

At this stage though, I need to encourage more Salsa orgs to sign-up & list their info.

Jon

Gus
8th-December-2004, 02:51 PM
Shame you can't also list dance floor sizes ... that could also be usefull information ... mind you, the size is only relevant to the number of dancers there I suppose.

Dan Hudson
8th-December-2004, 03:24 PM
Ceroc in Greenwich is non smoking :clap: and a cute DJ :whistle:

Ceroc in Canterbury is non smoking :clap:

All of Ceroc Norwich venues are no smoking :clap:

:cheers:

Reklaw
8th-December-2004, 05:14 PM
Ceroc-Middlesbrough is non-smoking, and so is Ceroc-Newcastle

MartinHarper
9th-December-2004, 05:18 PM
In view of what folks said they'd find useful in the other thread, perhaps a few options, eg:
1. No smoking permitted.
2. Smoking permitted in bar area.
3. Smoking permitted.

Chicky
10th-December-2004, 11:50 PM
Dance Riviera in Swanley, Dartford and Orpington, Kent are all NON smoking! :clap:

Andy McGregor
11th-December-2004, 09:51 AM
Dance Riviera in Swanley, Dartford and Orpington, Kent are all NON smoking! :clap: :yeah:

stompin' phil
11th-December-2004, 11:17 AM
Stompin' Fridays in Brighton with Viktor every Friday is non smoking throught out the building.

Stompin' Phil

Closed Friday 24th ,31st Dec plus 7th Jan 2005. Re open 14th Jan

Lounge Lizard
11th-December-2004, 11:24 AM
Since posting on another smoking thread I have been getting Emails/messages on this topic, so in our area on the sussex coast........

My Hastings is a fully non smoking venue
as is Eastbourne Town hall, East Dean Village Hall, City gate centre Brighton, King Alfred centre Hove plus (I think) Jules jives Worthing & Lancing venues

One of the two venues in Bexhill allows smoking in the bar area as does circus venue in Brighton, Shoreham centre has smoking in the corridor directly outside dance hall
As far as I am aware ALL the venues used for big dance nights are fully non smoking
So we are pretty lucky on the sussex coast

but

Andy when I have visited your Circus & Shoreham venues (run by other organisers at the time) they allowed, and (apparantly) still do allow smoking within the venue :what:
I have also recieved messages to this effect :tears:

Please tell me the leader of our no smoking campaign does not allow smoking ANYWHERE INSIDE his venues and you have got the management of these venues to change their policy.