PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc in Germany or France

Jane
24th-March-2002, 04:37 PM
Hi folks

I know this is a forum in Scotland but - what the hell, maybe someone here can help us.

There's 2 lasses out here in Europe looking for some ceroc in the Freiburg area in Germany and the Colmar area in France. There's another 1 looking for ceroc anywhere in France. Were any of you out here sometime? Has anyone been to/heard of ceroc over here?

We really hope so :-)

Happy cerocing folks
Jane and Sarah

John S
24th-March-2002, 06:58 PM
Willkommen, Bienvenu, Welcome.

We were in Paris a year ago, and found this website useful (provided you can at least read the days of the week etc in French) www.danse-a-2.com Details are shown for all over France.

We went to Le Caveau de le Huchette (5 Rue de le Huchette - just beside St Michel Metro station). Small and really, really crowded but very atmospheric, with live music at the weekend and full of dancers doing more or less Modern Jive - no space for drops or aerials (in fact, barely room for turns/returns!). Admission a year ago was 60F, and I think it's open most evenings.

I also picked up their leaflet (still got it) advertising a 10 lesson course for 300F (or 500F a couple) "Apprendre a danser le Be-Bop avec SLIM DANCE" . Phone number is 01.42.71.09.09.

It's also worth looking on John Sweeney's Modern Jive Resource Centre at http://www.modernjive.com/ then clicking on "All Organisations by Country/Region/Type" where he gives links to several other dance sites in France and Germany, detailng jive/swing/lindy type dances at various locations.

Hope this helps. :) :)

Gus
25th-March-2002, 12:53 AM
Sorry ... German geography isn't my strong point but the only German Modern Jive club I know is in Munich ... www.munichjive.com

Franck
25th-March-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Jane
Hi folks

I know this is a forum in Scotland but - what the hell, maybe someone here can help us.

There's 2 lasses out here in Europe looking for some ceroc in the Freiburg area in Germany and the Colmar area in France. There's another 1 looking for ceroc anywhere in France. Were any of you out here sometime? Has anyone been to/heard of ceroc over here?

We really hope so :-)

Happy cerocing folks
Jane and Sarah

Hi and welcome to both of you.

As far as I can tell, there are no better places to ask.
I was going to recommend the danse-a-2 website, but John S beat me to it. Danse a 2 is extremely good and provides a huge amount of info on Rock'n roll / Swing...

Regarding Ceroc classes in either France or Germany, there are none at the moment. Someone did start a class in Germany about 8/9 years ago, but it stopped.

I dug out a couple of links to Swing classes in Germany, but as my German is not very good, I will leave it to you to report and tell us if they are of any use...
For a list of many sites on Swing / dance schools - Click here (http://www.hochzeitslinks.de/tanzschulen.htm)

For a more specific Swing website - try here. (http://www.fun-and-swing.de/)

Good luck.

Franck.

Jane
25th-March-2002, 12:29 PM
...oh wow - what a response! Thanks guys :-) We'll take a look at the sites you recommended and let you know how we go.

Thanks again :-)
Jane

Jane
27th-March-2002, 01:39 PM
Hi folks

We've started looking at the sites you suggested - really helpful, thanks.

There's a German guy called Sven (User name Barcley) coming over to Edinburgh for July and August who'd like to have a go at ceroc and I suggested he might join you guys. He's just started 'refreshing' his English so I said I'd 'introduce' him in both English and German. (Jiveaholic - did I read that one of your hobbies was German?) Anyway, he's registering as I type - Hi Sven :-)

Es gibt hier einen Deutschen, der Sven hei§t (Benutzername Barcley). Er kommt im Juli/Aug nach Edinburgh und mÅ¡chte gerne Ceroc ausprobieren. Da habe ich ihn vorgeschlagen, bei Euch zu tanzen. Er hat gerade angefangen sein Englisch zu verbessern. Also habe ich ihm gesagt, ich werde ihn Euch auf Englisch und Deutsch 'vorstellen'. (Jiveacholic - habe ich gelesen, Du machst Deutsch als Hobby?). Jedenfalls, er registriert sich gerade wÅ*hrend ich eintippe - Hi Sven :-)

Well, back to work. Have fun peeps.
Na ja, wieder zur Arbeit, viel Spa§ alle zusammen

Jane

Franck
27th-March-2002, 01:46 PM
Wow, bilingual posts now... :what: :nice:

It took me a while to realize that you had simply translated the above paragraph in German. I initially thought you were just adding to your previous comments, but in German. :what:

Anyway, great to hear you got somewhere, and I do hope that you and Sven will become regular contributors to this Forum. The more the merrier. :grin:

Franck.

John S
27th-March-2002, 11:55 PM
See, Franck, told you on the Best Board thread that you would soon need an International Section!:)

under par
21st-December-2005, 06:58 AM
See, Franck, told you on the Best Board thread that you would soon need an International Section!:)

And look at the forum now with respondents in France USA, Australia, New Zealand even...................... Northern Ireland (Hi Lynn!) any more????:flower: