PDA

View Full Version : Husbands, Wives & Partners

John S
11th-November-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Heather
You'll be demonstrating on your 'Swingometer ' next!!!!!!!!!!! God Forbid!!!!!! LOL:D :D
:cheers:
Heather
XX

Only for you, Heather, only for you.
:kiss:

Graham
11th-November-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by John S

Only for you, Heather, only for you.

Shouldn't this be on Gus's kilt thread? :wink:

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
11th-November-2002, 02:42 PM
MY PARTNER DANCES, BUT GOES ON HER OWN (SOMETIMES ONLY THE NIGHTS I AM NOT THERE!).

CHARMING.....

nessie2611
20th-November-2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Lou
Good poll. :grin:

If there was one thing I'd change about my husband, it would be to make him interested in dancing. But there's no hope in hell of that.

I can't help thinking it would improve my dancing no end. Ho hum.

I feel I must reply to this as a woman who coerced her husband into dancing and created a veritable monster. I wanted to learn to jive and saw Ceroc at my local shopping centre and told my husband (Then boyfriend) we were going to learn to dance. This was a man who had three left feet and was as stiff as an oil rig. We were due to be married that same year and thought it would be good to learn for our wedding dance. We started in the May and got married in the September. We spent our whole honeymoon dancing and he hasn't stopped since. Am I complaining, too right I am I never get to dance with him now as men are in such short supply I am lucky if I see him all night. As he progressed he became a taxi-dancer and a teachers demo and encouraged all the women who were new to ask him for a dance to build up the confidence and as time went on he gathered quite a following who now hunt him down in droves. Don't get me wrong it has opened up a whole new social life for us but it can be a bit of a bind if you do want to actually spend time together at an event. :rolleyes:

So don't always presume if your husband dances that you will actually get to dance with him :D

Andy McGregor
12th-May-2004, 09:47 AM
The results of this poll are surprising.

My wife, Sue, and I go dancing together. Although sometimes we go on our own - and, very rarely, but sometimes, go to different venues on the same night!

The surprise is that there are so many married couples on this poll. We know a handful of other married couples that we meet dancing. Most of the people we meet are either single or in a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship.

And I agree with Nessie2611. I hardly see Sue while I'm out dancing - we probably dance to the last track and maybe one other track during the evening but that's about it. Sue is so popular I never get a look in - whereas I'm only asked to dance about 25% of the time:tears:

under par
12th-May-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
The results of this poll are surprising.

I hardly see Sue while I'm out dancing - we probably dance to the last track and maybe one other track during the evening but that's about it. Sue is so popular I never get a look in - whereas I'm only asked to dance about 25% of the time:tears:

I do not dance all that often with my wife Sharon during an evening. Like Andy the last dance and a few others.

As a matter of fact I probably dance more times a night with Sue when at the same venue!! :cheers: :wink: She is popular:yeah:

Andy McGregor
12th-May-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by under par
As a matter of fact I probably dance more times a night with Sue when at the same venue!! :cheers: :wink: She is popular:yeah:

And I think I dance with Mr Par's wife, Sharon, more that than I dance with Sue - is this one of those 'car key' moments?:devil:

..because I'm not prepared to swap. Sue makes me look tall. At 7' 9" Mr Par is already tall - although I could 'ave 'im any time I liked:wink:

ChrisA
12th-May-2004, 10:56 AM
although I could 'ave 'im any time I liked:wink: In your dreams... I bet he fancies Sharon more than you :devil:

ChrisA
12th-May-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by under par
I do not dance all that often with my wife Sharon during an evening.:cheers: :clap:

Your dedication to others is highly commendable, sir. :wink:

Andy McGregor
12th-May-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by ChrisA
In your dreams... I bet he fancies Sharon more than you :devil:

But he told me I come a close second:flower::devil:

ChrisA
12th-May-2004, 12:04 PM
But he told me I come a close second:flower::devil: How on earth did he know??? :devil:

Franck
12th-May-2004, 12:21 PM
But he told me I come a close second:flower::devil: Andy, what is it with you that any thread is in danger of being sent upstairs (or outside :devil: ) as soon as you join it? :innocent:

Andy McGregor
12th-May-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Andy, what is it with you that any thread is in danger of being sent upstairs (or outside :devil: ) as soon as you join it? :innocent:

This particular time there was no double entendre intended. Any upstairs meaning attributed by the reader is entirely their own:innocent:

I think it's just the way I tell 'em:wink:

Simon r
12th-May-2004, 05:16 PM
I have got to admit it is nice some times to go dancing in cognito on your own but after many years of going on my own because my partner did not dance it is the best feeling to go with someone you really love and can dance with too:kiss:

under par
12th-May-2004, 06:05 PM
But he told me I come a close second:flower::devil:

lies, lies, lies lies never did say it:na: :na: :na: :whistle:

under par
12th-May-2004, 06:07 PM
And I think I dance with Mr Par's wife, Sharon, more that than I dance with Sue - is this one of those 'car key' moments?:devil:

..because I'm not prepared to swap. Sue makes me look tall. liked:wink:[/i]

" Sue makes me look tall."

More lies lies and lies, definitely an impossibility.:rofl: :blush:

eastmanjohn
12th-May-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by nessie2611
I feel I must reply to this as a woman who coerced her husband into dancing and created a veritable monster.

Did anyone notice that coerced is an anagram or ceroced. Not sure if "ceroced" is in the dictionary yet.

Tiggerbabe
13th-May-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by eastmanjohn
Did anyone notice that coerced is an anagram of ceroced.
Yeah, Toaster Boy probably did :wink:

Gary
13th-May-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Simon r
... it is the best feeling to go with someone you really love and can dance with too:kiss:
:yeah:

Plus, I can get away with much cheekier moves when I'm dancing with Siobhan :drool:

Lounge Lizard
13th-May-2004, 09:06 AM
I have got to admit it is nice some times to go dancing in cognito on your own but after many years of going on my own ...snip...it is the best feeling to go with someone you really love and can dance with too:kiss: :yeah:

Dan Hudson
13th-May-2004, 09:20 AM
Me and the wife, both dance, she is a teacher, but you will never see us dance together..... It puts too much of a strain on our marriage:what:

We cannot and have never been able to dance together, it just doesn't work!

There are so many other people out there we enjoy dancing with more we don't see the point of dancing together:D

We rarely go out together now as one of us has to look after little Callum, but even when we do we walk in together and then leave together and rarely see each other in between!!!

Its healthy:really:

:cheers:

TheTramp
13th-May-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Dan Hudson
We cannot and have never been able to dance together, it just doesn't work! Have you tried Kelly leading, and you following. It'll mirror real life more that way, and may work :whistle:

Trampy

Dan Hudson
13th-May-2004, 09:28 AM
Have you tried Kelly leading, and you following. It'll mirror real life more that way, and may work

Yes, but she just bullies me:sad: :tears:

TheTramp
13th-May-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Dan Hudson
Yes, but she just bullies me:sad: :tears: Yeah. As I said, just like real life :rolleyes:

Trampy

bigdjiver
13th-May-2004, 10:18 AM
I thought it odd that the unattached males outnumbered the unattached females, then I looked at voting numbers. The male voters grossly outnumber the females.

Franck? Anybody? What is the male / female ratio on this forum?

Or are the ladies shy about voting?

jezza
13th-May-2004, 11:04 AM
Maybe women have more important things to do, then waste
time on a forum site, like us sad men.

Rougeforever
13th-May-2004, 01:11 PM
Good poll !

My boyfriend and I started dancing together in January. Has it really been 4 months ?!

Anyway. I have gone from not liking dancing with him too much to loving dancing with him, to having to force myself to dance with other people.

There is nothing like the thrill of dancing with someone you love (for me). I feel more relaxed with him, more capable - I'm sure some of this is because I know he's not judging my dancing.

Because I am so keen to improve I need to get myself out of this safe environment and start dancing with some of the other gentlemen. There are some *great* dancers at my local venues, and people have been very helpful with hints and tips.

So, tonight, I'm going to make sure I have some dances with people other than the boyfriend.

Men of Solihull - Watch out for your toes ! :wink:

Dance Demon
14th-May-2004, 02:02 PM
Like Nessie, my missus draggged me along against my will. Now almost all our social life involves dancing, or people that we have met through dancing. Like Nessie, Mrs DD sometimes gets a bit miffed if she tries to get me for a dance, and someone else gets in before her. We try to dance together at most nights, but if it is a night where men are in short supply, we don't get as many dances together........and I don't like to refuse if I'm asked:innocent:

Andy McGregor
23rd-May-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Like Nessie, my missus drugged me against my will.

Dancing on a dose of Rohypnol is my excuse for the way I dance too:confused:

Sheepman
25th-May-2004, 04:50 PM
it is the best feeling to go with someone you really love and can dance with too But doesn't it depend on how good a dancer she/he is? On a good night Mrs Sheepy will be amongst the best dancers at a venue, but if she's tired/not in the right mood I'd rather go on my own :blush:

Greg

Andy McGregor
25th-May-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
But doesn't it depend on how good a dancer she/he is? On a good night Mrs Sheepy will be amongst the best dancers at a venue, but if she's tired/not in the right mood I'd rather go on my own :blush:

Greg

For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health...

..for ever and ever.

A night off is nice once in a while:wink:

Forte
28th-July-2004, 04:40 PM
I feel I must reply to this as a woman who coerced her husband into dancing and created a veritable monster. I wanted to learn to jive and saw Ceroc at my local shopping centre and told my husband (Then boyfriend) we were going to learn to dance. This was a man who had three left feet and was as stiff as an oil rig. We were due to be married that same year and thought it would be good to learn for our wedding dance. We started in the May and got married in the September. We spent our whole honeymoon dancing and he hasn't stopped since. Am I complaining, too right I am I never get to dance with him now as men are in such short supply I am lucky if I see him all night. As he progressed he became a taxi-dancer and a teachers demo and encouraged all the women who were new to ask him for a dance to build up the confidence and as time went on he gathered quite a following who now hunt him down in droves. Don't get me wrong it has opened up a whole new social life for us but it can be a bit of a bind if you do want to actually spend time together at an event. :rolleyes:

So don't always presume if your husband dances that you will actually get to dance with him :D

I am engaged to a man with three left feet (or so he says... I have never actually witnessed them even so much as tapping :rofl: ) and I dream of a transformation like the one above!!! :clap: :rofl:

Little Em
30th-July-2004, 09:10 AM
I have got to admit it is nice some times to go dancing in cognito on your own but after many years of going on my own because my partner did not dance it is the best feeling to go with someone you really love and can dance with too:kiss:

i AGREE WITH THAT!!!

i went dancing on my own/with friends for 3 years, so now that i have a dancing partner/boyfriend i must admit it is great!!!

we do dance a lot together, and im the same i have to tell myself to dance with others!!! though when i do dance with others its great!!!! so its not exactly a chore!!!

Now that im teaching aswell i have to tell my partner to hide from me so that i get myself out there with everyone!!!....otherwise id stay in that safe little bubble that we call relationship dancing!!! :wink:

Ex x

Simon r
30th-July-2004, 01:58 PM
We have a policy of dancing with as many people as possible when teaching, but i still glance over to nicole to see who she is dancing with. :grin:

Jive Brummie
30th-July-2004, 10:13 PM
We have a policy of dancing with as many people as possible when teaching, but i still glance over to nicole to see who she is dancing with. :grin:

me and the missus are exactly the same as this :blush: :hug: :kiss:

Gordon J Pownall
30th-July-2004, 11:20 PM
me and the missus are exactly the same as this :blush: :hug: :kiss:

With Sal (DJ Bunnie) DJing and me teaching we usually get the last one or two dances together at the end of the evening and that's it... :hug:

Probably why panic set in when we invited to do the JiveMasters :sick: .....lots of practice needed...... :tears: