PDA

View Full Version : mac 'techy' question!

Hevmac
26th-November-2004, 10:14 AM
anyone out there use a mac and sony clie?
i have a (lovely) powerbook and have persuaded my husband to buy the imac desktop, but he uses the clie for his work and wants to be able to back it up.......any ideas?
whilst i have got you computer experts attention...well i hope......any reason why i cant access all the smilies on my page when i am posting? i seem to loose the ones to the right hand side.....cant scroll accross to get them either.... :sad:
ta in anticipation!! :cheers:

azande
26th-November-2004, 10:36 AM
anyone out there use a mac and sony clie?
i have a (lovely) powerbook and have persuaded my husband to buy the imac desktop, but he uses the clie for his work and wants to be able to back it up.......any ideas?
whilst i have got you computer experts attention...well i hope......any reason why i cant access all the smilies on my page when i am posting? i seem to loose the ones to the right hand side.....cant scroll accross to get them either.... :sad:
ta in anticipation!! :cheers:

Not sure id iSync supports the Clie but you can have a look at http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/productivity_tools/themissingsync.html if it doesn't.

Re the smiles, which browser are you using?

Dreadful Scathe
26th-November-2004, 12:25 PM
Palm Desktop should work ok, I have a clie and its pretty useful software .. get it here (http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/productivity_tools/palmdesktop.html)

For the browser, get a new one - try Camino (http://www.mozilla.org/products/camino/) looks good to me :)

Steven
26th-November-2004, 01:29 PM
Hi Heather,

Apple's iSync should work fine with the Clie. To be sure check the actual model number of the clie on apple's web site. It will then sync ical, address book and the like.

As for the smilies it may be the way safari renders the page.....will need to check on my ibook. If so then as DS suggests try downloading camino or firefox. Both are available from www.mozilla.org

Cheers
Steven

Hevmac
26th-November-2004, 02:11 PM
thanks all!!...hello steven! :hug:
browser?...well i guess thats safari so maybe i need to download the stuff you suggest. wiil check out the apple website too.
oh dear it is still such a foriegn language to me!! :sad:
but thanks again and i am hopeful the clie sync-ing will workout......!!
so steven, do you get all your smilies?

Steven
26th-November-2004, 02:21 PM
Just checked and the smilies do indeed go off the side of the page when using safari (this is your browser). Have also checked using camino, which seems to work better.

I tend to use safari most of the time but have camino as a back up in case I come across a page that gives me problems.

Of course you may discover the odd one that must using IE on a pc :angry:

Any other problems don't hesitate to ask :hug:

Cheers
Steven

Hevmac
26th-November-2004, 03:24 PM
ok just downloaded camino and that has sorted the smilies thing!
now i can catch all the wee things! :clap: :clap:
not sure i like the look of camino as a browser though. i suppose it is a question of what you are used to! :flower:

Steven
26th-November-2004, 03:43 PM
Yeah its not as minimalist as safari is but still a good browser when you get used to it. :)

Cheers
Steven