PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest Move you ever did Do!!

Bangers & Mash
26th-November-2004, 02:21 AM
Thought this would be a fun thread. Tell us about the dumbest move you ever did do.

I surpassed myself today and achieved a whopping 9 out of 10 on the "plonker scale" with a new move I devised called the

Daydream Drop Dead Gorgeous into a Full Apology
This move is based on a move taught by Trampy at the BFG where you lower the girl to the floor, step over her legs and pull her back up in one move.

To do this move you need a light partner with a sense of humour, serious jet lag, and preferably an instructor watching from the sidelines to appreciate the full hilarity of the move.

The girl stands to your right and with arms uncrossed, take each hand in a butterfly grip.
Bringing the girl over to your left, lower her gently to the floor.
Now here's where the move differs. Instead of stepping over the girl and lifting her up in one motion; you need to lower her completely to the floor but not quite touching, step over her so that one leg is on each side of her legs, then forget what you were doing, lay her on the floor and say sorry! :blush:

To Jen whom I did this to - I am really, really, really sorry :flower:

To Scot who watched the move with bemusement - hope you enjoyed it :waycool:

Anybody else, devised a move that deserves a rating on the plonker scale?

Dreadful Scathe
26th-November-2004, 12:43 PM
hmm I think I've done a few accidental bashes and occasionaly accidental gropes, none too serious, no one has been seriously miffed so far (hopefully) but I have been a recipient of the Elbow turn and drop your partner move. Its quite easy. Lead your follower into a spin as you step in toward her to gather her up to continue the turn, watch in horror as she spins back toward you instead of away due to a crowded dance floor, scream in terror as you notice she is spinning 'elbows up', run to the toilet to try and stop the flow of blood from wound under eye! :)

Lory
26th-November-2004, 01:04 PM
I've been subjected to the Nosepick comb variation! :really: (it makes your eyes water)

Quite a simple move really! ;) it starts as a normal comb but the male sticks his finger up your nose as it passes, :eek:

Stuart M
26th-November-2004, 01:08 PM
Maybe this should go in a "funniest dancefloor moment" thread, since no-one got hurt, but what the hell...the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

I was doing Double Trouble with two brilliant lady dancers - we'll call them Wanda and Joan - when Wanda goes off on one during a Slow Comb Walkaround, and grabs my head in an attempt, apparently, to make me swivel downwards with my hips. Simultaneously however, I moved forward a bit, to help lead Joan around behind Wanda on her walkaround.

The result could have been two black eyes if I wasn't wearing glasses - as it is, we all collapsed laughing and had to exit the floor...

Cornish Pixie
26th-November-2004, 02:26 PM
How about the shoulder pull the bra strap down! :o
Totally by accident! :(

Zebra Woman
26th-November-2004, 02:36 PM
I was dancing double trouble many years ago with a guy who was so full of himself it was untrue. While he was looking at his audience yet again , the other lady and I and spotted a cupboard behind him....And the door was open.

During last few bars of the song we walked him sexily backwards only at the very last second did he realise he was in the cupboard. Then on the last beat we shut the door on him.

Oh how we laughed :rofl:

Graham W
26th-November-2004, 04:44 PM
..the slidebreak kicks.....

but thats deliberately to see disgusted reaction on a good dancers face occass... ;-)

G

Missy D
26th-November-2004, 04:54 PM
I've been subjected to the Nosepick comb variation! :really: (it makes your eyes water)

Quite a simple move really! ;) it starts as a normal comb but the male sticks his finger up your nose as it passes, :eek:

I have also experienced one of those - plus another move starts off as "the comb" followed by a scratch across the face with the watch move. :angry:

Mr Fitz
26th-November-2004, 05:51 PM
Yup! Very topical,
At Wednesday nights intermediate class managed to complete a variation on the First Movement Block, called a First Movement Hand Down the Front of the Cardigan.

First Movement Block, starts off as a First Movement, and at the point where the lady passes under the man’s left arm for a clockwise turn the man blocks the lady’s upper left arm with his right hand turning her back out anti-clockwise.

The variation involves a) daydreaming, b) at the point where the lady is about to pass under the man’s left arm, the man looks over his left shoulder up to the stage, where the move is being demo’ed during the slow walk through. The action of looking over his left shoulder brings the man’s left arm back towards him. The lady, being a good follower, is now standing one foot in front of the man, facing him, instead of two foot away with her back to him. The man still looking over his left shoulder at the stage, swiftly places his hand to where her upper arm should be, but where in fact the top of her cardigan is. And that is basically the move.

There are a number of ways of exiting this move, most start of with blood draining from the head, rapid removal of the hand, panic, confusion, as well as profound, deepest and sincere apologies.

Jooles
26th-November-2004, 06:29 PM
One of my best contributions to making up a new move was when I was fairly new and still concentrating on absolutely every little thing I did. I was dancing with a really nice person, and starting to feel a little bit more confident when he span me and for some reason I will never know, I grabbed at his hand, caught hold of his thumb and sent us both crashing into each other.

I can still see the look on the poor man's face!

Stuart
27th-November-2004, 12:25 AM
I've devised the left handed comb, duck, knock your glasses off, followed by a diving single handed slip catch to the left to catch them before they hit the floor.

Lory
27th-November-2004, 12:43 AM
Just thinking, I've done several 'hair caught in the cufflink spins' and they're usually followed by 'the slow, gentle unwind'! :wink:

Bangers & Mash
27th-November-2004, 12:50 AM
Another favourite has to be the manspin into the ladypunch

This one needs a little effort on the girls part as well.

The man throws himself into a double spin, but the girl instead of stepping beside the man as they exchange places has to step in front of him.

This move takes on average 2 and a half weeks to get out of - normally coinciding with when the black eye has gone :eek:

Girls - if you don't like dancing with a guy, this is a great move to get out of ever being asked by him again - he'll be too embarassed to ask again :rofl:

Whitebeard
27th-November-2004, 05:00 PM
I've devised the left handed comb, duck, knock your glasses off, followed by a diving single handed slip catch to the left to catch them before they hit the floor.
Damn, but then I just knew someone would perfect this move before I did.

LH combs are a definite no no for we bespectacled leads.

philsmove
27th-November-2004, 06:10 PM
How about the shoulder pull the bra strap down! :o
Totally by accident! :(

Nearly as good as the Hawaiian slip

For this the lady need to be wearing a grass skirt held together with a flimsy paper band :blush:

Stuart
28th-November-2004, 09:36 PM
Damn, but then I just knew someone would perfect this move before I did.

LH combs are a definite no no for we bespectacled leads.

I've solved the problem by taking my glasses off to dance. However in my case it does mean that as a result I tend to crash into people more (apologies if I have done to anybody)!

Gojive
29th-November-2004, 05:00 PM
I've solved the problem by taking my glasses off to dance. However in my case it does mean that as a result I tend to crash into people more (apologies if I have done to anybody)!

I did that, and it actually ended up providing me with the best blues dance I've ever had :waycool: . She was ultra-slim, and was wearing this really cool hat, but a rather odd overcoat! :really: ......Well how was I to know she was a hat-stand when I asked her?!! :blush:

:yum:

MartinHarper
30th-November-2004, 12:27 PM
The in and out collision is a neat follower sabotage move. Normal in and out, but the follow (ie, me) breaks frame on the second "in", causing him to collide with the lead, smack heads, and fall on the floor. Perhaps slightly more dramatic than my lead was planning... :)

Rhythm King
30th-November-2004, 01:35 PM
Well at the Casbah last Friday, I was party to to the "Double Comb Bash Tall Partner On Nose Whilst Simultaneously Getting Stabbed With Long Finger Nails". We both drew blood and having had a good laugh and exchanged profuse apologies, we considered it to be an honourable draw and carried on dancing. Sorry H :flower:
There was an external cause to our collision, but that belongs on another thread.
R-K

Daisy Chain
30th-November-2004, 01:39 PM
How about the accordian walkaround, hand into trouser pocket. I found his Mars Bar! :eek:

Daisy

(A Startled Little Flower)

BeeBee
30th-November-2004, 01:46 PM
I've done the really classy 'spin followed by chewing gum in hair' move. :what:

Made mental note to tie hair up after that sassy number . . . :o

Beebs

baldrick
30th-November-2004, 08:25 PM
Have to admit to 1st move, return, slap tall partner on back of head. :blush: Sorry

Gadget
1st-December-2004, 01:43 AM
Dumbest wasn't really a move; more an over-exuberant styling {who me? :innocent:} that sent my specs into a tumbling and inevitable path towards destruction. Cobbles, glass eye-wear and dancing do not make a good combination. I was about a month while the optician screwed up my replacements. :tears:

Never mind the fair number of elbow strikes and occasional tripping up of my partners :blush: ... actually I'm surprised that a few of them even dance with me any more :blush::blush:

Whitebeard
1st-December-2004, 05:37 PM
Never mind the fair number of elbow strikes and occasional tripping up of my partners .....
Throw in a modicum of accidental inappropriate contact and its just a normal night's dancing then ;-))

For me , anyway.

Zebra Woman
2nd-December-2004, 02:41 PM
How about the Lady Spin Fly Stop.

I was doing multiple spins clockwise close infront of the man.
My spinning was brought to an abrupt halt when all four fingers of my left hand got caught in his flies. :eek: :eek: :eek:

(no names)

ZW :flower:

Rhythm King
2nd-December-2004, 02:50 PM

My spinning was brought to an abrupt halt when all four fingers of my left hand got caught in his flies. :eek: :eek: :eek:

(no names)

And this was an accident on your behalf??? :whistle:

R-K x :flower:

Bangers & Mash
2nd-December-2004, 02:55 PM

(no names)

I danced with you at Southport and I got the distinct impression that your hands don't go anywhere you don't want them to :wink:

Graham W
2nd-December-2004, 03:57 PM
...the move which resulted in my partner being propelled into sitting on one of the chairs at side of (small) dance floor ..

G

..has'nt happened since.. yet!

Chef
2nd-December-2004, 04:00 PM
At this point I am glad that my regular partner has not discovered this website as I think I would get a sever ticking off for divulging this.

My partner had hand made this wonderful dress to wear on our competative debut and we wanted to try out the clothes to ensure we didn't have any "costume malfunctions". When we got to the part where she did a backwards somersault and was then lifted in a crucific position over my head it turned out that I had her wonerful fringe hemmed skirt over my head. The video of the event revealed that I looked like an old fashioned standard lamp.

Another more public event happened when my partner decided to suddenly wear a longer shirt than her usual on. On dropping her into a ballroom drop stepping over her and bring her back up on the other side we both found that I had stepped on the hem of her longer skirt and she had returned to the upright position minus skirt. She has never worn that skirt again and a few of the gentlemen that witnessed the event thanked me and remarked that it reminded them of the show "Chigaco".

Confession is good for the soul.

Everything I learn teaches me how little I knew