PDA

View Full Version : Music recommendations

Judybby
24th-November-2004, 04:46 PM
Hi. I am new to ceroc and would like some recommendations for music cds to dance to. My boyfriend and I have been to 2 lessons and are practising at home. We have so far tried dancing to Enrque Iglesias Escape and a cheesy 80's compilation. Do you have any other suggestions for cds you like to dance to?
many thanks

Diane
24th-November-2004, 06:09 PM
Have a look in the dj booth, there are lots of tunes talked about in there.

Anything that you can hear a good steady beat will be enough to get you moving. :nice:

Dreadful Scathe
24th-November-2004, 06:16 PM
I can recommend 'Call on me' by Eric Prydz , but only if you're a sadist. :)

jockey
24th-November-2004, 07:36 PM
Hi. I am new to ceroc and would like some recommendations for music cds to dance to. My boyfriend and I have been to 2 lessons and are practising at home. We have so far tried dancing to Enrque Iglesias Escape and a cheesy 80's compilation. Do you have any other suggestions for cds you like to dance to?
many thanks
Hi, I make this sort of thing a bit of a hobby. I try to pass on a few recommendations to a MJ DJ I know. Tamla Motown stuff is normally about right in a 'beats per minute' sense e.g., Rescue Me by Fontella Bass, 'My man is a Sweet Man', also 'Jump' by Girls Aloud (more your generation?) originally The Pointer Sisters etc. Try John Lee Hooker, an old blues musician, who recorded in a toilet, tapping his feet, to get echooo (true story). :rofl:

Lounge Lizard
24th-November-2004, 07:52 PM
Hi, I make this sort of thing a bit of a hobby. I try to pass on a few recommendations to a MJ DJ I know. ...SNIP... e.g., Rescue Me by Fontella Bass, 'My man is a Sweet Man', also 'Jump' by Girls Aloud ...SNIP...Try John Lee Hooker, an old blues musician, BLIMEY WITH HOBBIES LIKE THAT I WOULD STICK TO THE DANCING :wink:

Clive Long
3rd-January-2005, 10:17 PM
many thanks

Current fave, gets my MJ bits jumping.

Ministry of Sound
The Chill Out Season
Ibiza2002 CD2 (bought during a particularly severe bout of mid life crisis)