PDA

View Full Version : Constructive Suggestions

Daisy Chain
23rd-November-2004, 09:01 PM
Boys, it is really not necessary to clasp us ladies tightly to your side when doing asidebyside walkaround thingy. We don't look good on tip-toe as we desperately try to maintain contact with terra firma. And on a more worrying note, it twists one's spine and it is SO easy to trap a nerve in the lower back. I don't want another 9 months off dancing...

Daisy

(A Twisted Little Flower)

Magic Hans
23rd-November-2004, 09:09 PM
I thought that the idea was to try to maintain hip-to-hip contact, ensuring a smoother move.

Don't ask me, cos I don't do it! Are the blokes perhaps a little too zealous to maintain that contact??

Ian

MartinHarper
24th-November-2004, 12:30 PM
Walkaround. Start with girl on boy's right side.
1. Boy back left, girl back right.
2. Boy left foot forward, turning 180° and getting in front of the girl. Girl right foot forward.
2.5. Boy right foot back, girl left foot forward.
3. Boy left foot back, girl right foot back, getting back to the boy's right side.

On step 2&2.5, the boy and girl should be more or less facing each other. You can still have hip contact if you want, but it's the front of the boy's right hip against the front of the girl's left hip, so their bodies form a 'V'. It shouldn't be the side-to-side hip contact you have in step 1&3.

Dreadful Scathe
24th-November-2004, 06:11 PM
Can we have a thread on Suggestive Constructions ? I find the new Scottish Parliament to be suggestive of a steaming pile of horse manure! Maybe thats just me though :)

Dance Demon
24th-November-2004, 08:23 PM
I find the new Scottish Parliament to be suggestive of a steaming pile of horse manure! Maybe thats just me though :)

Is that the building, the people in it,or both.........:D