PDA

View Full Version : Education or Compensation?

MartinHarper
22nd-November-2004, 05:16 PM
some ladies [...] follow more on visual leads than on actual leads. I find this difficult to deal with as a leader because it makes the ladies a split second behind me and the music.

Judging from comments, and my own thoughts, I'd say there are two ways to deal with this. On the one hand, you can try to compensate for this visual following style, by concentrating on giving clear, early signals. On the other hand, you can try to educate, by avoiding giving any signals, and forcing your partner to follow the physical lead. I wondered which people preferred, as a general rule.

Women must have similar dilemmas - at my level, I routinely dance straight through "breaks" without even noticing that the music has changed. Most women seem to just put up with this. Others take a more educational approach - indicating subtly (or not-so-subtly :)) that the music just did something special. Personally, I like this - though it might be a bit disheartening if everyone did it...

Thoughts?

Graham
22nd-November-2004, 06:00 PM
Still other ladies will compensate for it - they'll do the break even if you don't! :wink: