PDA

View Full Version : dirty dancing two

Cornish Pixie
22nd-November-2004, 03:08 PM
Im confused. I guess you all know ceroc is involved in the competition to win a dance holiday that coincides with the release of DD 2. Is this just because it is a dancing film or is the film about ceroc dancing?

Interestin!

David Franklin
22nd-November-2004, 03:34 PM
Im confused. I guess you all know ceroc is involved in the competition to win a dance holiday that coincides with the release of DD 2. Obviously not, 'cos I haven't got a clue what you're talking about!

Details, website etc...?

Dave

Simon r
22nd-November-2004, 04:09 PM
We got the Dvd yesterday from Ceroc
report to follow no idea at mo

Dan Hudson
22nd-November-2004, 04:51 PM
Check out www.thefilmfactory.co.uk/dance

that should help... DVD released on Monday 22nd November... :cheers:

Not about Ceroc dancing it seems, just a sequel to the Classic Dirty Dancing! :waycool:

Gus
22nd-November-2004, 04:59 PM
Not about Ceroc dancing it seems, just a sequel to the Classic Dirty Dancing! :waycool:Sooooo ... why are Ceroc pushing it then? Wouldnt Mambo or Salsa schools be more obvious targets? :confused:

Franck
22nd-November-2004, 05:24 PM
Obviously not, 'cos I haven't got a clue what you're talking about!

Details, website etc...?Ceroc is involved in the promotion / release of the DVD of Dirty Dancing 2.
You can also enter an easy competition by visiting http://www.thefilmfactory.co.uk/dance/ and you can watch the trailer by clicking here. (http://www.ceroc.com/dirtydancing/cerocscotland/index.php)

Ceroc is involved I guess because most people who watched Dirty Dancing wanted to learn to dance, and hopefully the sequel will have the same effect. Just like Strictly Come Dancing has boosted new members at most Ceroc nights, even though SCD is about Ballroom not MJ!

DavidY
23rd-November-2004, 02:31 PM
Why not log onto www.ceroc.com to find your nearest Ceroc dance class. Come to any class between 19/11/04 and 26/12/04 and learn some of the famous steps from the movie.I went to a Ceroc class last night, which I presume was included in "any class between 19/11/04 and 26/12/04"

Noone told me I was learning any of the famous steps from the movie though. :tears:

Are Ceroc supposed to be teaching special moves that are from the film? Or was the film choreographed to include famous Ceroc moves?

:confused: :confused: :devil:

Lory
27th-November-2004, 12:33 AM
I've just watched the DVD :rolleyes: It's OK.... but take my advise and don't make a special evening of it!

If you've got one of those nights, where you've got absolutely nothing else to do AND you need to relax your brain, then go ahead! :na:

I have to say, the best part for me was, the 'DVD extra's; where the choreographer talks about her vision and how the story was based on her life, then we got to see behind the scenes and how they got these two, so called 'non dancers' up to the desired level of competence! (why didn't they just get professional dancers, who could act a bit :confused: I mean, the script wasn't exactly challenging:blush: )

The other odd thing is, it it's supposed to be set in the 1940's, I'm not quite sure the music at the end, had even been thought of then! :rofl:

Bangers & Mash
27th-November-2004, 12:58 AM
Check out www.thefilmfactory.co.uk/dance

that should help... DVD released on Monday 22nd November... :cheers:

Not about Ceroc dancing it seems, just a sequel to the Classic Dirty Dancing! :waycool:

another useful link is http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338096/