PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc/MJ at the clubs

Andreas
20th-November-2004, 04:31 PM
Hi there.

Now here is a question that may have been asked before.

Is there such thing as dancing Ceroc/MJ at night clubs? In NZ we used to do that regularly but since I have come to London the only club dance that I see is Salsa. Sure, I love Salsa but also like to have a choice. :waycool:

Organised dance parties are alright but not generally my thing because it has too much of a practice environment rather than pure fun. :sick:

Over to you :)

MartinHarper
20th-November-2004, 04:43 PM
I dance MJ at Bar Bamboo in Worcester occasionally on Fridays. I also hear there's a small crowd of regular Cerocers at the Tower Ballroom in Kidderminster on Saturday. I'm sure that in London there's far more choice! :)

Andreas
20th-November-2004, 04:50 PM
Thanks for that, Martin. I shall check those out :)

Edit: when I get out there. Just had a look at map :whistle:

Trousers
22nd-November-2004, 10:31 AM
Hi there.

Is there such thing as dancing Ceroc/MJ at night clubs?

Ok been there and in my experience you can absolutely guarantee a series of events following a Jiver letting rip on a NiteClub dance floor.

A) Initial Shock
The fact that 2 people actually start dancing on a nite club floor causes shock and panic in the muggles. This results in a circular dance space at least twice the size you needed.

B) Flaunting
With the appearance of miles of floor and the open mouthed looks of the muggles around you, you will turn into a dance tart and you will go for it big stylee. Maybe no jumps or air but it's gonna be from big and bold to sexy and sultry and the girl may spend more time than absolutely necessary on her back as you basically rub the muggles noses in the fact that they know nothing.

C) The worm turns
After 2 possibly 3 tracks of uninterrupted showing off the muggles will realise that you are having a ball. This normally results in imitation. Imitation here though is not going to be nice or flattering. The muggles will want their dance floor back and will crowd you out, sometimes unpleasently.

D) Death of Jive
After seeing you cutting up the floor and the muggles crowding you back off the floor the more alcoholically challenged around you will start to perform spins and drops on their unsuspecting victims.

E) Fight or Flight
Now is the time to leave, things could get nasty on the floor, you know how difficult it is to catch a woman who decided she wanted to do a drop while you wanted upright. But we are practiced and most times catch our unruley charges. Half cut meat heads are going to drop people all over the place.
Even if you wanted to stay and dance you'd need to fight for floor now and that wont be good either.

Anyone want to back me up on this?

It is rather good though the way the floor opens for you when you start dancing it makes all the rest of the crap worth it.

MartinHarper
22nd-November-2004, 02:26 PM
you basically rub the muggles noses in the fact that they know nothing.

I'm sure you're exaggerating for effect here.... but I don't think that's really any more appropriate in a nightclub than in an MJ class or freestyle.

bigdjiver
22nd-November-2004, 02:36 PM
I have done the "jive, and clear the floor" thing, and felt somewhat guilty about it. I did not expect that effect. Perhaps, I ruined the night for the handbag dancers. As related, some partner dancers became evident afterwards. I did not go "flashy", and nobody else did either.

One of my great MJ memories was dancing at a Valentines dance, and glancing along the floor to see just about all the dancers looking in our direction open-mouthed, with the "wish I could do that" expression.

latinlover
22nd-November-2004, 02:47 PM
Ok been there and in my experience you can absolutely guarantee a series of events following a Jiver letting rip on a NiteClub dance floor.

A) Initial Shock .................big snip.............................................. ...

E) Fight or Flight

Even if you wanted to stay and dance you'd need to fight for floor now and that wont be good either.

Anyone want to back me up on this?

It is rather good though the way the floor opens for you when you start dancing it makes all the rest of the crap worth it.

:yeah:

all the above has happened to us on holiday when we are absolutely desperate to dance.........
It's either that or no-one ever gets up to dance all evening which makes you a sort of free cabaret, and very self-conscious :blush:
we have tried to ameliorate things by muggle dancing first and then breaking out the mj when people are on the floor(we have always been "first on the dancefloor" types :wink: )

but what else can you do when you are in withdrawal? :rofl:

ChrisA
22nd-November-2004, 05:21 PM
ameliorate

Have some rep, Neil.

This is the first instance of the word "ameliorate" on the forum.

Reckon that deserved some recognition :D

Chris

ChrisA
22nd-November-2004, 05:23 PM
I have done the "jive, and clear the floor" thing, and felt somewhat guilty about it.
Yep, so have I - but I didn't feel guilty :waycool:

And after I'd had my dance I was asked for a lesson by a rather p1ssed yet somehow rather appealing young lady...

Obviously it would have been churlish to refuse :wink:

David Franklin
22nd-November-2004, 05:25 PM
Have some rep, Neil.

[Bruce Forsyth] Isn't that from Winnie the Pooh? (pause).
No, sorry, that was "A meal Eeyore ate". [/Bruce Forsyth]

Sorry, everyone... :blush:

Dave

latinlover
22nd-November-2004, 05:47 PM
Have some rep, Neil.

Reckon that deserved some recognition :D

Chris

:rofl:
I wondered if that might provoke any commment -
I wish my dance vocabulary was as impressive!

Trousers
23rd-November-2004, 11:25 AM
I'm sure you're exaggerating for effect here.... but I don't think that's really any more appropriate in a nightclub than in an MJ class or freestyle.

Ha! You reckon.

My personal experiences show me that if you've got it flaunt it works every time.

If you dont get the kick from dancing in public you aint trying hard enough.

baldrick
23rd-November-2004, 02:19 PM
I have done the "jive, and clear the floor" thing, and felt somewhat guilty about it. I did not expect that effect. Perhaps, I ruined the night for the handbag dancers. As related, some partner dancers became evident afterwards. I did not go "flashy", and nobody else did either.

Didn't go flashy, just got Pretzalmiester to DT me and Drathzel, Would love to have seen the effect but was way too busy following. How do you ladies do it all night?

bigdjiver
23rd-November-2004, 04:23 PM
Didn't go flashy, just got Pretzalmiester to DT me and Drathzel, Would love to have seen the effect but was way too busy following. How do you ladies do it all night? Cruel, but :worthy:

Daniel Sandars
1st-December-2004, 04:33 PM
I think the answer to taking MJ into the clubs is to use the tactic of Bombing, ie go en-masse with safety in numbers. See this thread.
Bombing (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4236)

djtrev
1st-December-2004, 05:17 PM
Quote:
My personal experiences show me that if you've got it flaunt it works every time.

Sorry Trousers cant agree at all.Enjoy yourself by all means but put on a show and show off.NO THANKS.
This has all been discussed on another thread

Quote:
I think the answer to taking MJ into the clubs is to use the tactic of Bombing, ie go en-masse with safety in numbers
Thats more like it.