PDA

View Full Version : Band Aid 20 - What were they thinking.

Gus
17th-November-2004, 01:57 PM
OK ... I KNOW its for a very worthwhile cause and it must have seemed like a good idea at the time ... But.....

ITS AWFUL :tears: How can you take some of the best talent in the UK and turn out such an amateurish effort. Some of the vocals are sublime ... but many are weak and without passion, however the main crime is the production .. its all over the place ... I'm sure any of the professional musicians on this forum must have an opinion. I was hoping that this time they would correct the only flaw in the original .. the dodgy synth that kicks in halfway through the track ... but no ... they've made it worse.

I'm sorry to criticise such a well meant project but after reading the following news article http://uk.news.yahoo.com/041116/344/f6qg6.html I was forced to concur.

Any other views?

Gadget
17th-November-2004, 02:43 PM
Well, seemingly it was only a matter of a day or so between being recorded and it being sent over the airwaves.
some records can be done like that, but with the number of artists, I would have expected a bit more work to have gone into it.

drathzel
17th-November-2004, 02:50 PM
ITS AWFUL :tears: How can you take some of the best talent in the UK and turn out such an amateurish effort. Some of the vocals are sublime ... but many are weak and without passion, however the main crime is the production .. its all over the place ... I'm sure any of the professional musicians on this forum must have an opinion. I was hoping that this time they would correct the only flaw in the original .. the dodgy synth that kicks in halfway through the track ... but no ... they've made it worse.

Any other views?

I cringed when i heard it yesterday for the fist time it is sooooooo bad! However as you say the cause is a good'un but honestly would you normally pay to hear that kind of drival! Bring back the original!!!!!

Graham W
17th-November-2004, 03:11 PM
..what talent?

I didnt recognise more than about 6 names from the photoshoot,

never mind, its a good cause,

G

Dreadful Scathe
17th-November-2004, 05:54 PM
midge ure, speaking of recording the single was quoted to have said

""My dream line-up has acts like Radiohead, The Darkness, Noel Gallagher, Robbie Williams, Keane and Coldplay. Can you imagine the harmony at the end of the song with The Darkness on guitar? It will be fantastic." "

So, was there harmony ? Ive not heard it yet :)

Stuart
17th-November-2004, 06:14 PM
I heard it yesterday and thought that it sounded pretty awful. I think that rather than buy it, I'll give the money directly to Oxfam or a similar organisation.

TheTramp
17th-November-2004, 06:23 PM
I heard it yesterday and thought that it sounded pretty awful. I think that rather than buy it, I'll give the money directly to Oxfam or a similar organisation.
Maybe that's the plan. The idea is to get people to pay money not to have the CD. And, as well as making money for charity, they also save on production costs...

Trampy

Lindsay
18th-November-2004, 12:41 AM
It's got no punch, v. dull vocals.
Shame, as it had the potential to be something good/special.

drathzel
18th-November-2004, 01:51 PM
Maybe that's the plan. The idea is to get people to pay money not to have the CD. And, as well as making money for charity, they also save on production costs...

Trampy

Ah thats a good one! But we could foil them and buy the cd but not listen to it! You could use it as a coaster instead!!

Bigger Andy
18th-November-2004, 02:20 PM
It's got no punch, v. dull vocals.
Shame, as it had the potential to be something good/special.

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Disappointing !