PDA

View Full Version : Viewing .3gp file format

Northants Girly
16th-November-2004, 12:05 AM
I'm sure someone on here will have an answer to this!

I have been emailed a video clip that was taken on a friends mobile phone. The file is in 3gp format.

Please can anyone point me in the direction of a website where I can download a free player so that I can view the file/video on my pc?

(The old version of Quicktime I have dosn't work and Windows Media Player dosn't recognise the 3gp format)
(Since writing I HAVE found a downlaod on the Nokia website - which I am in process of downloading - very slow using dial-up! However, it is for Winnows 2000/XP only so I'm not expecting it to work as I have Windows 98 :sad: )

Whitebeard
16th-November-2004, 12:20 AM
Please can anyone point me in the direction of a website where I can download a free player so that I can view the file/video on my pc?

(The old version of Quicktime I have dosn't work and Windows Media Player dosn't recognise the 3gp format)
The new version of Quicktime (6.5) supports this format and, if you click on Help in the version you have, you should see an option to update to the new version.

Good luck.

Northants Girly
16th-November-2004, 12:36 AM
The new version of Quicktime (6.5) supports this format and, if you click on Help in the version you have, you should see an option to update to the new version
OK thanks I''ll have a look. My version of Quicktime is something like 1.2 though - not sure if I will be allowed to upgrade to the new all swinging n dancing version for free - will be like trading in my old rusty Polo for a brand new Audi TT !!

Whitebeard
16th-November-2004, 12:57 AM
...... be like trading in my old rusty Polo for a brand new Audi TT !!
Oh, yes please - love the sound of that engine.

But the computer world is a strange place and many good things are thrown our way for free. Quicktime is on my machine and I didn't ask for it - let alone pay. And, when I checked, it was that new version. Must have updated itself in the background at some stage.

Northants Girly
16th-November-2004, 01:45 AM
Oh, yes please - love the sound of that engine.

But the computer world is a strange place and many good things are thrown our way for free. Quicktime is on my machine and I didn't ask for it - let alone pay. And, when I checked, it was that new version. Must have updated itself in the background at some stage.All sorted!
Managed to upgrade to the new version of Quicktime Player for free - though it just took 45 minutes to download!
And I meant to get an early night tonite!

thanks Whitebeard :cheers:

Whitebeard
16th-November-2004, 02:35 AM
Managed to upgrade to the new version of Quicktime Player for free - though it just took 45 minutes to download!
And I meant to get an early night tonite!
Obviously, like me, you're on dial up. Sorry to have kept you up so late. Hope it was worth it.

Sweet dreams.

Andy McGregor
16th-November-2004, 02:40 AM
Obviously, like me, you're on dial up. Sorry to have kept you up so late. Hope it was worth it.

Sweet dreams.

A night I could only dream about, up late with Northants Girlie for the 3rd night in a row. But who is this guy with the white beard? Father Christmas?