PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Bognor?

Jon L
15th-November-2004, 01:58 PM
Ok with Camber just gone, the countdown is on - 8 weeks only until Bognor.

I am back this time but who else will be there? I know Lynn, Will, Andy Mc, The Tramp are plus some of the usual teachers. Mr. Lizard I guess will be there as always laying down the floor beforehand.

I have to say of the two locations, I prefer Bognor to Camber. Better accomodation, and you can see the classes more easily. Also from a personal point of view a far easier and shorter drive.

Lynn
15th-November-2004, 11:38 PM
Can we turn this into a poll? Or do we need to start another thread? (Sorry JonL, not hijacking your thread, just that a poll with names is an easy way for folk to say if they will be there! :flower: ). If we can't change this one to a poll, do you want me to start one tomorrow?

I'm looking forward to it, my 3rd weekender!

Jon L
15th-November-2004, 11:45 PM
Go ahead but ask the moderator who's always watching to combine this thread into it (s/he can do that)

Lynn
15th-November-2004, 11:53 PM
OK! Pretty please nice Moderator... :flower: :grin:

Sparkles
15th-November-2004, 11:59 PM
Details please!
How am I supposed to book otherwise :wink: ?
:cheers:
S. x

PS. It's my Birthday that weekend - anyone fancy coming to celebrate with me??? :flower:

Lounge Lizard
16th-November-2004, 12:55 AM
I am back this time but who else will be there?...snip.... Mr. Lizard I guess will be there as always laying down the floor beforehand.

I have to say of the two locations, I prefer Bognor to Camber. Better accomodation, and you can see the classes more easily. Also from a personal point of view a far easier and shorter drive.Franco has a fantastic new lightweight floor so I'm not needed for flooring anymore (anyone need 300 sheets of secondhand chipboard flooring!!!!, music equipment now being supplied by others and as my only teaching slot was moved to Friday night at Camber there is no guarentee I will be there in Jan - Bognor is my least favorite, main hall is too crowded cos swing room is located in another building and empty most of the time
LL

Jon L
16th-November-2004, 05:12 PM
as my only teaching slot was moved to Friday night at Camber there is no guarentee I will be there in Jan - Bognor is my least favorite, main hall is too crowded cos swing room is located in another building and empty most of the time
LL

Organisers at Bognor

1) Please don't degrade Mr. Lizard's teaching slots
2) Please give him plenty of top DJ slots

Bognor without Mr. Lizard :what: unthinkable! :really:

Jon L
16th-November-2004, 05:16 PM
Details please!
How am I supposed to book otherwise :wink: ?
:cheers:
S. x

PS. It's my Birthday that weekend - anyone fancy coming to celebrate with me??? :flower:

Details on how to book at www.jivetime.co.uk

Lynn
16th-November-2004, 05:16 PM
OK! Pretty please nice Moderator... :flower: :grin: Thanks! :hug:

Andy McGregor
17th-November-2004, 01:37 AM
Bognor is my least favorite, main hall is too crowded cos swing room is located in another building and empty most of the time
LL

Bognor is absolutely fab, the blues/swing room usually has plenty of space to dance :wink:

.. accentuate the positive :waycool:

Lynn
17th-November-2004, 05:29 PM
I have to say of the two locations, I prefer Bognor to Camber. Better accomodation... Anyone see Southport on TV last night? They had families complaining about the accomodation being rather run down (OK it is basic and one of our group's chalet hadn't been cleaned, but they were moved to another one). It was all being negative, and all I could think was the fab dancing I had there! :clap:

Peter
22nd-November-2004, 12:41 PM
Details please! How am I supposed to book otherwise :wink: ? :cheers: S. x PS. It's my Birthday that weekend - anyone fancy coming to celebrate with me??? :flower:

I have just received Franco's email about Bognor - its going to be stuffed with WCS ... I must book immediately!

Jive, West Coast Swing and Blues Weekend at Bognor - JiveTime & Jive Holiday Club

More teachers, more talent and more choice at our forthcoming Bognor Jive Weekend this January on the weekend of the 7th. Top teachers includes Amir, Nigel & Nina and many more.

Hours of Freestyle with the best DJs in the country until the early morning. Appearing for the first time at a Jive Weekend will be live band Jive Street. However, if you do not like live bands, we'll have another venue where modern cd music will be played continuously.

Also at Bognor on the same weekend this January, the UK's 1st West Coast Swing Weekend including teachers such as Paul Warden, Catriona Wiles, David and Lily Barker. One venue will be dedicated exclusively for Jiving whilst the other will be exclusively for West Coast Swing & Blues. Both venues will feature freestyle dancing until the early morning. You can book either weekender and you will be free to attend either event at any time.

All apartments at Bognor (except for single person occupancy) have been upgraded to our Top range. All apartments (single occupancy included) will be provided with free electricity, heating and hot water. Please note that we now have fewer than 250 places left for Bognor (out of 1100).

We are the organisers of the original Jive Weekends, BEWARE of imitations. In 2005 our dance weekends will take place at Bognor on the 7th of January, and at Camber on 6 - 9 May and 11 - 14 November. Events taking place at any other times are not organised by us.

For more info please e-mail us on jive@jivetime.co.uk, telephone 01494 - 72 73 44 or visit our web site www.jivetime.co.uk

Sheepman
24th-November-2004, 06:18 PM
Bognor is absolutely fab, the blues/swing room usually has plenty of space to dance
I hope there's not TOO much space this time, because I know for sure, at least one of my favourite DJs will be playing there every night :blush: :blush:

I also plan to take big strides in my wcs, and blues, over that weekend!

Greg

Lounge Lizard
24th-November-2004, 06:29 PM
I hope there's not TOO much space this time, because I know for sure, at least one of my favourite DJs will be playing there every night :blush: :blush:
Gregwell who would that be??

Andy McGregor
24th-November-2004, 10:00 PM
well who would that be??

He has a number of favourite DJs: at least one of them will be playing the the blues room each night.

Punctuation ...

Of course, LL is the top swing, blues, new tracks, Northern, Southern and long leather coat wearing DJ in the UK - as well as the best teacher of drops and seducers and the best of the best and top DJ and absolutely fabulous, one of them could be him :wink:

Did I mention that LL is the best? :worthy:

Sparkles
24th-November-2004, 10:06 PM

Oh Good! :clap: :clap:
That means that one of my favourite DJs will be playing too!! :grin: :waycool:

S. x

Lounge Lizard
24th-November-2004, 10:40 PM
He has a number of favourite DJs: at least one of them will be playing the the blues room each night.

Punctuation ...

Of course, LL is the top swing, blues, new tracks, Northern, Southern and long leather coat wearing DJ in the UK - as well as the best teacher of drops and seducers and the best of the best and top DJ and absolutely fabulous, one of them could be him :wink:

Did I mention that LL is the best? :worthy:what the **** are you on about Andy?
or more importantly what the **** are you on?

Sparkles
24th-November-2004, 10:48 PM
Also at Bognor on the same weekend this January, the UK's 1st West Coast Swing Weekend including teachers such as Paul Warden, Catriona Wiles, David and Lily Barker...

Are we sure this is accurate?
I was under the impression David and Lily would be out of the country... :tears: :confused:

Andy McGregor
24th-November-2004, 11:34 PM
what the **** are you on about Andy?
or more importantly what the **** are you on?

High on the Use of English.

Fowler.

Sheepman
25th-November-2004, 10:48 AM
well who would that be??
Are you going to be there? If so, that would make it at least 2 of my favourite DJs. :clap:
And as for the other one? Well, I do try not to play music that I don't like ... :whistle:

Greg

Lounge Lizard
26th-November-2004, 11:21 AM
Are you going to be there? If so, that would make it at least 2 of my favourite DJs. :clap:
And as for the other one? Well, I do try not to play music that I don't like ... :whistle:

Gregno I am not going to Bognor this time
p

stewart38
2nd-December-2004, 03:16 PM
I have to say of the two locations, I prefer Bognor to Camber. Better accomodation, and you can see the classes more easily. Also from a personal point of view a far easier and shorter drive.

or

Bognor is my least favorite, main hall is too crowded cos swing room is located in another building and empty most of the time
LL

Who has been to camber and Bognor, Ive never been to Bognor is it ok ie similar to Camber. :sick:

Andy McGregor
2nd-December-2004, 03:21 PM
Who has been to camber and Bognor, Ive never been to Bognor is it ok ie similar to Camber. :sick:

Of the two I much prefer Bognor. The accomodation is superior, the dance floor in the blues room is bigger. The seating in the main room is better. The on-site meals are much better and the car parking is much easier.

The only negative difference is that you have to walk outside for 50 feet to go between the main room and the blues room. The only other negative about Bognor is that it's the weekend after the New Year.

Lounge Lizard
2nd-December-2004, 06:37 PM
or

Who has been to camber and Bognor, Ive never been to Bognor is it ok ie similar to Camber. :sick:The main hall in bognor is much bigger than Camber more seating, easy to see the stage and great for sitting and watching
the dance area is smaller (even with temporary floor) than Camber and cos the swing room is often empty it can be VERY crowded
The swing room at Bognor is ok, hard 'lino' surface as opposed to a wooden floor, plenty of seating etc. BUT it is in the building opposite to the main hall so to go from one dance area to another its...downstairs from main hall, across paved area and access road, upstairs in other hall and you are there.
If you are wearing dance shoes and it is raining best to change shoes and put a coat on to swap halls.....hence swing room is often empty when weather is wet & cold.
I prefer Camber, Southport & Ribby where halls are all in same venue.
The car par is in main central area so find a trolly to take bags to accomodation....if you cant find a trolly....travel light.
As Andy said the accomodation is better than Camber in most cases
LL