PDA

View Full Version : Wot I want for Christmas is..

DianaS
12th-November-2004, 10:56 AM
a dance weekend in Birmingham, (or Nottingham)
Call me lazy but the thought of 4 hours driving after work on Friday night even for a weekend of extreme pleasure slightly takes the edge off my enthusiasm at times :drool:

bigdjiver
12th-November-2004, 11:27 AM
Extend your open house to a week-end?

DianaS
12th-November-2004, 12:24 PM
Extend your open house to a week-end?
Well since you mention it there is a BIG event planned for the 11th of December...It would be great to see some forumites there.
Official all inclusive invite below :cheers: . Do come and give these ol gals a good send off We're only 70 once. (Guess whose 40! :blush: )

We’re meeting up for
Jule’s and Diana’s 70th birthday bash

at The Nantwich MJ Christmas Party,
11 December, 8pm till 1am

bring your dancing shoes…

baldrick
12th-November-2004, 07:29 PM
Call me lazy but the thought of 4 hours driving after work on Friday night even for a weekend of extreme pleasure slightly takes the edge off my enthusiasm at times :drool:
Yea, its no fair that you live so close. Some of us would have to travel :wink:

DavidY
13th-November-2004, 12:10 PM
Call me lazy but the thought of 4 hours driving after work on Friday night even for a weekend of extreme pleasure slightly takes the edge off my enthusiasm at times :drool: :yeah: it would be nice...

However we aren't totally devoid of places to dance. The Halloween dance at Ceroc Daventry a couple of weeks back was one of the best "ordinary" freestyle nights I've been to. It's a big venue which comfortably held what must have been 3 or 4 hundred dancers.

I guess the problem of turning something like that into a weekend is finding some cheap accomodation within easy walking distance so you can go back and eat/sleep whatever.

DianaS
13th-November-2004, 12:21 PM
:yeah: it would be nice...

However we aren't totally devoid of places to dance. The Halloween dance at Ceroc Daventry a couple of weeks back was one of the best "ordinary" freestyle nights I've been to. It's a big venue which comfortably held what must have been 3 or 4 hundred dancers.

I guess the problem of turning something like that into a weekend is finding some cheap accomodation within easy walking distance so you can go back and eat/sleep whatever.
Hmmm Daventry does have possibilities the workshops are of a good standards and the Halloween Ball was fantastic! I really liked the caberets..
Some weekenders are done in hotels with dance floors, and they work really well but I suspect that the hotels with dance floors tend to be in the sesside areas :sad:

TheTramp
13th-November-2004, 12:45 PM
Much better idea....

Birmingham is a really crappy place to live anyhow. So move somewhere nicer. And make sure that it's near a place where they hold a dance weekend. Problem solved :D

Trampy

bigdjiver
13th-November-2004, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=DavidY... The Halloween dance at Ceroc Daventry a couple of weeks back was one of the best "ordinary" freestyle nights I've been to. It's a big venue which comfortably held what must have been 3 or 4 hundred dancers... [/QUOTE] I may be wrong, but I thought the dance was preceded by a day of workshops, which would have brought an exceptional number of keen dancers to Daventry. I couldn't make it ... :sad:

DavidY
14th-November-2004, 01:40 PM
I may be wrong, but I thought the dance was preceded by a day of workshops, which would have brought an exceptional number of keen dancers to Daventry. I couldn't make it ... :sad:Yes you're right and there were workshops beforehand. There were 2 x 2 hour workshops on moves from the 2 prize-winning cabaret routines done by Emma (Pettitt) & Alex :worthy: and also Phil & Alex. :worthy:
The workshops weren't as full as the previous similar day at Daventry though.