PDA

View Full Version : Anyone not going to Camber ?

RobC
11th-November-2004, 01:40 AM
So, is there anyone not going to Camber this weekend ?

I heard that there is something going on down in Bristol instead :whistle:

Lou
11th-November-2004, 08:46 AM
:rofl:

Yup. I'm not going to Camber! :wink:

So, Rob, any recommendation for any particular Boppin' workshop I should pick..... :whistle:

Missy D
11th-November-2004, 09:28 AM
I am not going to Camber :sad: Anything going on in London?

ElaineB
11th-November-2004, 02:01 PM
:rofl:

Yup. I'm not going to Camber! :wink:

So, Rob, any recommendation for any particular Boppin' workshop I should pick..... :whistle:

Sounds like we should toss a coin Lou! Apparantly there's some guy called Rob C teaching and that whippersnapper called Will........... :clap: :rofl: :clap:

Elaine

RobC
11th-November-2004, 02:21 PM
Sounds like we should toss a coin Lou! Apparantly there's some guy called Rob C teaching and that whippersnapper called Will........... :clap: :rofl: :clap:

And the god of all things dance related (sorry Lilly, I meant Godess of course :worthy: ), and hotest up and coming couple on the dance scene today, and .....

So many top quality teachers to choose from, and only a day to fit it all in.... :tears:

Gojive
11th-November-2004, 02:30 PM
No Camber for me this weekend either :tears: . I did go to Warmwell last weekend though, so I don't feel too downhearted :D .

Love to come to Bristol, but I'll be in the midlands I'm afraid (Nantwich Sat night anyone?) :)

Bex
11th-November-2004, 04:55 PM
I am not going to Camber :sad: Anything going on in London?

There's a FREE entrance night in Bracknell on Sunday (14th) night? Details on the 'New Bracknell night on Sunday's' thread.

Bex

spindr
11th-November-2004, 05:42 PM
Saturday, I think a gentle tango near the New Forest, courtesy of www.tangouk.co.uk

Sunday might do Twyford, and then maybe wander down to Southampton -- if I've got the energy :)

SpinDr.

"Have you got 7 hours staying power?
Have fun and help a charity
Bop till you drop!

Ann's Mega Marathon Dance
Sunday 14th November 12 noon-7pm
In aid of the Berkshire County Blind Society

Loddon Hall, Loddon Hall Rd., Twyford, Nr. Reading.

Times:
Rock'n'roll 12-2pm
Ceroc 2.15-4:30pm
Tango 4.45-7 pm
With a touch of Salsa

Can't Ceroc or Tango? No excuse!! Taster sessions in separate room. Ceroc 1pm, Tango 3:30pm

Tickets in advance: £6, On the door £7.

Car park: 60+
Bar: 12-3pm with possible extension.

Tickets available from: Berkshire County Blind Society (Reg. Charity 202351)
Midleton House, 5 Erleigh Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 5LR."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Charity Salsa Night in aid of the Wayne Howard Trust".

Salsa by the Solent at La Margheritas Town Quay Southampton.
8pm - 1am.

Funky warm-up, fantastic cabaret, south's top salsa DJs.

£6 entrance

Info and tickets call: 07986352532 / 07989 887456.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon L
11th-November-2004, 07:49 PM
Sadly I'm not this time either :tears: :tears: :tears:

But the good news is - I am back for Bognor - not long now folks :hug:

Lynn
11th-November-2004, 10:07 PM
Sadly I'm not this time either :tears: :tears: :tears: :yeah:

...Bognor - not long now folks :hug: :yeah: :clap:

Sparkles
11th-November-2004, 10:47 PM
I'm not going to Camber, but I have a good excuse...
I should get the keys to my new flat tomorrow :clap: (I'm getting really excited now!).
Am thinking Bognor might be a good plan in January though; does anyone have any details they can give me, please? :flower:
S. x

Gareth
11th-November-2004, 11:52 PM
I will be prancing around in pvc once again............sound like an Andy Mc post :rofl:

Roll on this weekend and the chance to see the lovely Lily, back from her globe trotting endeavours :D

Jon L
12th-November-2004, 12:06 AM
I'm not going to Camber, but I have a good excuse...
I should get the keys to my new flat tomorrow :clap: (I'm getting really excited now!).
Am thinking Bognor might be a good plan in January though; does anyone have any details they can give me, please? :flower:
S. x

Jan 7th - 10th 2005 Butlins Bognor Regis - West Sussex.

details at www.jivetime.co.uk

Sparkles
12th-November-2004, 11:52 AM
Jan 7th - 10th 2005 Butlins Bognor Regis - West Sussex.

details at www.jivetime.co.uk

Thanks. :flower:

TheTramp
12th-November-2004, 12:04 PM
I'm not going to Camber, and it'll be the first Jive Time weekend event I've missed since the one in November 1999, and I've worked at the last 8 events too :tears:

Just can't afford the money to get there, or taking the time off uni either.

Am hoping to make it down to Bognor in January though... It's in the holidays, so won't have to miss any classes.

Trampy

Jon L
12th-November-2004, 07:29 PM
I'm not going to Camber, and it'll be the first Jive Time weekend event I've missed since the one in November 1999, and I've worked at the last 8 events too :tears:

Just can't afford the money to get there, or taking the time off uni either.

Am hoping to make it down to Bognor in January though... It's in the holidays, so won't have to miss any classes.

Trampy

:what: :what: :what: Camber without the tramp :really: :really: :really:

Bognor will have to be special

DavidY
13th-November-2004, 05:43 PM
(Nantwich Sat night anyone?) :)Yes - I'm planning to go tonight.

Gojive
13th-November-2004, 05:49 PM
Yes - I'm planning to go tonight.

Nice one David! :waycool:

Missy D
13th-November-2004, 05:57 PM
Is there anything going on in or around London? Left it too late to go to Nantwich :sad:

RobC
14th-November-2004, 12:51 PM
Well, what can I say. Trinity LeRoc put on a fantastic event this weekend. Great line up of teachers :clap: , an awesome collection of cabarets :worthy: , and a generally great time had by all accounts.

Well done guys. :cheers:

(Note to everyone who didn't make it - they will be running it again next year, so get it in your diarys quick. It's an event not to be missed.) :wink:

ElaineB
14th-November-2004, 08:11 PM
What a fantastic event! Well done Trinity - how they will top that next year I just don't know!

The workshop was very, very good. I went to Adam and Taz, Kate and Will, David and Lily's and they delivered top level lessons!

And then there was the evening! For those of you who were elsewhere, the demonstrations were out of this world! The audience were roaring with delight! Adam and Taz did their funky thing, just to get the audience going! Will and Kate did their showcase, to the Bongo song, with some amazing moves and ariels. They have changed a few things from Brighton - definitely the show case to watch at Blackpool! Then it was the turn of David and Lily, who started quitely enough with some very fluent moves. But then, they launched the aeriels. I have seen them perform before, but this had to have been the best! A succession of mind blowing aeriels - incredible!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: to all of you!

All in all, a fantastic day - well done Trinity, you did Bristol proud!

And Rob - sorry to have missed your lessons, but thank you for the dances - one day, I hope that I may be lucky enough to get you in DWAS! :flower:

Elaine

Lou
15th-November-2004, 09:52 AM
What a fantastic event! Well done Trinity - how they will top that next year I just don't know! ....
:yeah: :clap:

Wow - it was a brilliant event. :grin: Whenever I hear Kiss Kiss, I'm always going to remember the Adam & Taz class. And dancing like tigers and eagles. And the eyes closed stuff with Rob & Debi. And I wish there were local WCS and Jango classes....

And to see the "Doughnut" actually performed was great! :worthy: It was edge of your seat stuff especially when Lily nearly went through the ceiling later... :eek:

And I managed to have a dance with a couple of our visitors - thanks DavidB & Rob :D

Oh, Sheena.... guess what I bought?! :wink:

Looking forward to next year....

philsmove
15th-November-2004, 12:59 PM
:yeah: :clap:
And to see the "Doughnut" actually performed was great! :worthy: It was edge of your seat stuff especially when Lily nearly went through the ceiling later... :eek: ....

Just before David and Lily’s donut, Elaine shouted in my ear “WATCH don’t take your eyes off them”. I had heard of David and Lily’s donut and wondered if someone was winding me up, but the description is true, it is an incredible move :clap: :clap: :clap:

THANK YOU Trinity