PDA

View Full Version : Then and now...

Sparkles
8th-November-2004, 08:59 PM
I thought it might be interesting (and quite fun) to see what people looked like when they first started dancing compared to how they look now. Obviously all you people that have only discovered the wonders of dancing fairly recently will have it fairly easy on this thread, but for old-timers like myself it's likely to be quite an eye-opener :eek: .
Anyway, to be brave I've been digging and have found a photo taken of me after I won my first ever trophy at a ballroom dancing competition (I was 6 and came 6th in the Samba at the Crystal Palace Comp).
Feel free to laugh at my expense :rolleyes: (though I must warn you that my Mum made my dress for me... :waycool: ).

S. x

Graham
9th-November-2004, 12:01 AM
Wow! If this had been a "Guess the baby" kind of thing I'd actually have got you!

No point in me posting, as give or take a few grey hairs and wrinkles I haven't changed much in the last 3.5 years.

Sparkles
9th-November-2004, 12:04 AM
Wow! If this had been a "Guess the baby" kind of thing I'd actually have got you!

I was actually thinking that might be a good idea too - 'Guess the Baby'. but of course we'd all have to go on and post pictures as unregistered users...
Might be fun?
S. x

Tiggerbabe
9th-November-2004, 12:12 AM
Can't remember how old I was when this was taken - pre Highland Dancing Exam photo :blush:, the second one is from Musselburgh - me and the Gaylord - August 2004

Graham
9th-November-2004, 12:23 AM
I was actually thinking that might be a good idea too - 'Guess the Baby'. but of course we'd all have to go on and post pictures as unregistered users...
Might be fun?
S. x
Easiest thing would be for everyone to send their images to one person and for that person to post them and monitor responses. I'm happy to volunteer - if anyone's interested PM or email me through the forum and I'll send you my email address so you can forward the image you want posted.

Tiggerbabe: You haven't changed much either! Judging by you two, dancing must keep you young! Shame I didn't start earlier! :tears:

foxylady
9th-November-2004, 10:18 AM
Can't remember how old I was when this was taken - pre Highland Dancing Exam photo :blush:,

Awww Sheena you look sooooo cute..... :flower:

Sparkles
9th-November-2004, 06:29 PM
Awww Sheena you look sooooo cute..... :flower:

:yeah:
We must have started dancing at about the same age I reckon, Sheena. :flower:

Sheepman
11th-November-2004, 12:00 PM
The first one was taken a few months before I tried Ceroc, in the days I only knew about Lindy, the second one was in April this year at Rock Bottom's (OK I know it should be in the fancy dress thread.)

Greg

Dreadful Scathe
11th-November-2004, 01:13 PM
the second one was in April this year at Rock Bottom's (OK I know it should be in the fancy dress thread.)

Greg
why - a cigar surely doesnt count as fancy dress?! Oh, well you are wearing a tux too I suppose.

Lory
3rd-December-2004, 01:39 PM
I'm the grey mouse and in the green tutu :blush: :rofl:

Tiggerbabe
4th-December-2004, 01:48 AM
Great pics as usual Lory - :D