PDA

View Full Version : Dance Heroes

Ste
2nd-November-2002, 02:39 AM
Hi there!

It's Scouse Mouse Ste here.

Thought I'd see what Ceroc dance heroes there are out there. Can you tell me who your current Ceroc/Leroc heroes are. Maybe we should confine it to people who we have seen in the flesh as opposed to Swayzee etc.

Can you share with me your top 10?

I await to hear

Stevo

DavidB
3rd-November-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Ste
Can you share with me your top 10?I haven't really got a favourite. There are lots of jive dancers that are vary good at some things, but not as good at others.

Social dancing
Leading
I can't really say.
Following
Carol Haines, Heather McCrudden, Nina Daines
Musical interpretation
Carol (with the long curly blond hair?), Heather McCrudden
Improvisation
Rena Swanepoel
Range of moves
Viktor
Freestyle choreography
Roger Chin, Clayton Tubbs
Solo dancing
Dan Baines, Joseph Sewell, Mark Wilson
Technique
Carol Haines
Style
There are lots of people who have a style that really suits certain music. But I can't think of anyone who has a range of styles to suit different music.

Cabarets
Performer
Graham LeClerc & Sarah Johnson
Ash Nazir
Amir Giles
Cabaret choreography
I haven't seen a well choreographed jive routine (I'm talking about couples, not teams). All the best choreography seems to be non-jive.

Teaching
Janie Cronin

(All this is based on people I've seen or danced with. I might have seen some very good dancers on a bad day, or danced with ladies to a song they hated. It takes time to get used to some ladies, and I might just have not danced with them enough. ANd there are some well-known people I've excluded because I haven't seen them - all the people from Scotland on this board, Clayton & Janine doing cabarets, 'H' and Kirsty.)

David

Bill
4th-November-2002, 05:06 PM
Well as someone who hasn't had the opportunity of watching some of the'good' dancers from down south I would miss quite a few dancers who others would have on their list.

Ste............you asked first of all for 'Heroes' then asked for a top ten and there's a difference. I can think of a number of really good male and female dancers but I couldn't classify many as heroes.

If we are talking about 'heroes' then for me there are only two male dancers I would list - Viktor and Nigel. Viktor because he is so smooth and is a dancer - it all looks so effortless; Nigel becuase his moves and especially his positioning are absolutely superb which is why so many women are amazed at the moves they do because his timing and movement are wonderful.

There are other names on Davidb's response that I agree with but several who have repuations for being good but whose style I find unremarkable. However, no denying the wonderful Dan and Clayton who have very different styles and in their own way almost as good as V & N. And I'd have our own dear Gus in there ahead of quite a few of the others listed :p They are all good but I couldn't call them heroes.

I don't have any female heroes as such but a number of women I love watching or dancing with..( Fran of course !!) Nina and Lydia and although I've never danced with her - Janine would be in there - Helen, Paula and a few others from Blitz, my Ceroc teacher Lorna - but I don't know the name of many women down south so it would be mainly the Scottish girls and there are just too many to name
:p :D ..........

Will
6th-November-2002, 02:19 AM
Leading
Stevie Wong
Following
Stevie Wongs band of adoring fans.
Musical interpretation
Stevie Wong dancing to "He's the Greatest Dancer"
Improvisation
Stevie Wong - (at Hammersmith about 6 months ago when half way through "It's raining men", he realised the person he'd asked to dance with was a bloke)
Range of moves
Stevie Wong - when an armed assailant tried to mug him at knife point in the Ashtons Car Park)
Freestyle choreography
Stevie Wong's - The dying swan
Solo dancing
Stevie doesn't do solo!
Style
Stevie Wong's blue flares.

Teaching
Stevie Wong - Teaching the most attractive blonde beginner each week, and becoming her personal taxi dancer for the night.

filthycute
6th-November-2002, 02:39 AM
um ....so i take it you like Stevie Wong eh?
You never know, he might partner you if you ask nicely :wink:

filthycute x x

Bill
6th-November-2002, 09:48 AM
ehm................. excuse our ignorance but who is Stevie Wong ????? We've all heard of Nigel, Viktor, Ray and a few others but don't think I've ever seen Stevie though I think his name may have appeared on this site somewhere !

DavidB
6th-November-2002, 11:59 AM
oops

Curtain
6th-November-2002, 12:59 PM
Stevie Wong sounds great. I wish I was him!!

Dreadful Scathe
6th-November-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Curtain
Stevie Wong sounds great. I wish I was him!!

I think deep within all of us - theres a Stevie Wong trying to get out :).

Practice, and release the Stevie within you.

Curtain
6th-November-2002, 01:42 PM
I really wish that were true DS, I think we all do. However, I have this overwhelming fear that I'll never fully realise the Wong within me. Is there a self help book?

DavidB
6th-November-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Curtain
overwhelming fear that I'll never fully realise the Wong within me. Is there a self help book? A quick search on Amazon found none of the following:

"Do It The Right Way - Do It The Wong Way"
"Is It A Bird? Is It A Plane? No - Its SuperWong"
"Finding Your Own Debster - The Wong Guide to Meeting People"
"Publicising Your Friends" - by Will

Dreadful Scathe
6th-November-2002, 02:13 PM
hahahaha:grin: :D

Graham
6th-November-2002, 02:14 PM
I've only just realised who started this thread! And interestingly he hasn't actually listed his own - presumably Will Hargreaves will figure among them somewhere (or is that everywhere?).

Dreadful Scathe
6th-November-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Graham
I've only just realised who started this thread! And interestingly he hasn't actually listed his own - presumably Will Hargreaves will figure among them somewhere (or is that everywhere?).

he's behind you...DONT TURN ROUND!!

CJ
6th-November-2002, 02:22 PM
OH NO HE'S NOT!!!!!!!!

:D

Q: Is the right move @ the wong time still the right move?

Curtain
6th-November-2002, 02:24 PM
The "Wong Time" is Stevie's time and no-one else's. If you're feeling wong, don't do it!!

Dreadful Scathe
6th-November-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock

Q: Is the right move @ the wong time still the right move?

Im not sure, but two wong moves make a right move. :)

Bill
6th-November-2002, 04:36 PM
OK ........so the jokes go on....................but who is Stevie Wong :confused:

He's obviously very well know down south and highly regarded.

Genuine enquiry......honest:innocent: :nice:

Graham
6th-November-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Bill
OK ........so the jokes go on....................but who is Stevie Wong :confused:

He's obviously very well know down south and highly regarded.

Genuine enquiry......honest:innocent: :nice:

Hi Bill,

Check out this thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=283) for background.

Cheers,
Graham

Will
6th-November-2002, 07:23 PM
or you can check this (http://www.cerocmetro.com/latest_news.html) out. (Paragraph headed Walthamstow Masked Ball).

Bill
7th-November-2002, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Graham

Hi Bill,

Check out this thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=283) for background.

Cheers,
Graham

Well I've never met Stevie and I'm sure he's very good but have to say that I wouldn't take a comparison with Michael Jackson as a compliment :sorry :p Always thought MJ was very overrated as a dancer - all that 'moonwalker' stuff and the grabbing the crotch !:sad: :sick:

Anyway, I hope I have the pleasure of seeing Stevie soon as I'm sure he must be a great dancer and good fun to watch. And what more is there to dancing than having fun :D