PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Hogmanay Ball!

Lindsay
6th-November-2004, 01:24 PM
DON'T MISS THIS FANTASTIC NEW YEAR'S CELEBRATION... :cheers:
'The Black & White Hogmanay Ball'
The Portobello Town Hall
Portobello, Edinburgh.
Friday 31st December 2004

Cabaret Acts (performers to be confirmed); Dance With A Stranger competition; DJ Dance Demon and Boogie Chick on the decks playing a big variety of the very best jive, swing, modern & blues dance music; Over 200 dancers expected, 5 hours of freestyle, and some extra surprises thrown in!

THEME: Black and White
DRESS CODE: Black tie
This is a joint event between BoogieNights & Dance Demon of Route 66. A "ticket-only affair... buy your ticket from John (Dance Demon) or Lindsay at the Jitterbug Club, or get them online here (http://boogie.webspace.fish.co.uk/apply%20hogmany%20ball.htm)
Tickets £15 (concessions £10)

:clap:

Jive Brummie
7th-November-2004, 12:19 AM
Hooray :clap:

Me and the missus will be there.........

Who else is going?

J x x

p.s. and well have a tall dark stranger in tow.... :wink:

Dance Demon
7th-November-2004, 02:33 AM
Portobello town Hall is a fab venue :clap: :clap: .......Tickets will be available at the next Route 66 on 19th Nov...or before if you see me anywhere else :D ...Don't leave it too late to get yours :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
7th-November-2004, 02:35 AM
I can confirm that me and Tweetie will be making a z-list celebrity guest appearance. :)
At last I have an excuse to kiss every girl in the room at a dance event - i never got away with it before :)

Bangers & Mash
7th-November-2004, 02:35 AM
I'll be there (if I decide to come back from New Zealand)

so will Hayley (envy, green dress at 7 sins), Claire and Catherine (Tattie)

Bangers & Mash
7th-November-2004, 02:37 AM
Portobello town Hall is a fab venue :clap: :clap: .......Tickets will be available at the next Route 66 on 19th Nov...or before if you see me anywhere else :D ...Don't leave it too late to get yours :wink:

Hi DD - I am away til the 24th (sitting in Grand Canaria at the mo!)

can you please put two tickets on one side for me for the December Route 66

thanks

John

Lindsay
8th-November-2004, 01:44 PM
Had a few enquiries about venue location... it's here (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&db=pc&addr1=&client=public&addr2=&advanced=&addr3=&pc=EH151AF&quicksearch=e14+3sh&cidr_client=none)

Forte
8th-November-2004, 04:06 PM
Had a few enquiries about venue location... it's here (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&db=pc&addr1=&client=public&addr2=&advanced=&addr3=&pc=EH151AF&quicksearch=e14+3sh&cidr_client=none)

Dreadful Scathe is kissing on the night...?! put me down for two tickets - then he can kiss me twice :rofl: (No, really put me down for two tickets...I will get the cheque in the post pronto). :flower:

Dreadful Scathe
8th-November-2004, 05:09 PM
Dreadful Scathe is kissing on the night...?! put me down for two tickets - then he can kiss me twice :rofl: (No, really put me down for two tickets...I will get the cheque in the post pronto). :flower:

Thats 2 kisses on each cheek.which I believe totals 8 kisses ?

:D

Lindsay
8th-November-2004, 07:30 PM
put me down for two tickets...I will get the cheque in the post pronto). :flower:
Great, be good to see ya! Postal tickets here (http://boogie.webspace.fish.co.uk/apply%20hogmany%20ball.htm)

Thats 2 kisses on each cheek.which I believe totals 8 kisses
4 cheeks at my last count- how many cheeks does Forte have????

P.S. It's apostrophe 's' DS (Forte is an English teacher at a top school :whistle: and appreciates grammatical attention to detail).

David Chu
8th-November-2004, 07:55 PM
Hi Dancers,

What a fab idea for NYE!

Does anybody know what time the Ball starts and finishes?

Cheers

X
David

Dance Demon
8th-November-2004, 09:11 PM
It all kicks off at 8pm and finishes at 1 am.......ish :wink: .....
Be good to see ya David. Loads of things happening, including a DWAS comp, and cabarets. You can get tickets from either me or Lindsay, or online on the Boogienights website. Lindsay has posted the Link
:cheers:

Forte
9th-November-2004, 01:02 PM

Me and the missus will be there.........

Who else is going?

J x x

You can't call her missus... yet! She's your fiancee - hurray! :clap: :hug: :cheers:

Lindsay
11th-November-2004, 07:59 PM
Who'z that then??? :yum:

Dance Demon
11th-November-2004, 09:49 PM
Who'z that then??? :yum:

Down girl....:wink: ...............It'll be none other than "King" Groovy Dancer.... :waycool:

Jive Brummie
12th-November-2004, 12:55 AM
Down girl....:wink: ...............It'll be none other than "King" Groovy Dancer.... :waycool:

I hope you bowed (sp?) when you mentioned his name then DD? :whistle:

He can get very regal at times you know....

JB x x

Lindsay
15th-November-2004, 02:27 PM
:worthy: Ahhh King Groovy Dancer :worthy:
Such a honour. I trust his Majesty will be donning a suit??

Lindsay
15th-November-2004, 02:34 PM
:worthy:

Scotch Bonnet
15th-November-2004, 02:52 PM
Brill,but I think you'll need more than one dark stranger for the amount of extra women here in Edinburgh,I bags the first one!!!

Lindsay
15th-November-2004, 08:44 PM
at the mo' it's 50:50 guys:gals

will have tickets on wed. night

Dance Demon
15th-November-2004, 11:45 PM
at the mo' it's 50:50 guys:gals

will have tickets on wed. night

And for anyone daft enough not to be going on Wed night, I'll have tickets for sale at Route 66 on Friday night.................:wink:

Dreadful Scathe
17th-November-2004, 06:12 PM
And we were just talking about new Year the other night. Is it posh frocks?

No, sorry hotbabe, the theme is black and white bikinis !

Dance Demon
17th-November-2004, 06:18 PM
And we were just talking about new Year the other night. Is it posh frocks?

theme is Black & White and it is posh frocks.............but the black & white bikinis sound like a mighty fine Idea :D

Graham
17th-November-2004, 06:25 PM
Sorry, but I have no desire to see either DS or DD in a black and white bikini. :eek: Or a colour one, for that matter. :what:

Dance Demon
17th-November-2004, 06:55 PM
Sorry, but I have no desire to see either DS or DD in a black and white bikini. :eek: Or a colour one, for that matter. :what:

Bitch..........:na:

Lindsay
18th-November-2004, 12:31 AM

pourquoi pas?? I would!

:eek: :eek:

Graham
18th-November-2004, 11:40 AM
pourquoi pas?? I would!

:eek: :eek:
Well if you wear one I'd be prepared to put up with the spectacle of DS and/or DD. :wink:

Lindsay
18th-November-2004, 02:17 PM
Well if you wear one I'd be prepared to put up with the spectacle of DS and/or DD

might be a bit cold, but I will if you will.... :blush:

drathzel
18th-November-2004, 02:21 PM
Is there still tickets?

Dance Demon
18th-November-2004, 03:44 PM
Is there still tickets?

Yes Danielle. You can get them from Me or Lindsay, or online
HERE (www.boogienights.net)

Lindsay
22nd-November-2004, 09:43 PM
We've sold >100 tickets now between us, so don't leave it too late to get yours! :cheers: It's gonna be a great night :)

Dance Demon
4th-December-2004, 06:53 PM
We've sold >100 tickets now between us, so don't leave it too late to get yours! :cheers: It's gonna be a great night :)

Yep...tickets moving well now.....so if you don't want to miss out on seeing in the new year in style, better get your ticket soon
:waycool: :waycool:

Dreadful Scathe
4th-December-2004, 08:55 PM

denial ! :D

David Chu
7th-December-2004, 08:54 PM
At last, an opportunity to wear my black velvet lounge jacket!

See you all New Years Eve...as long as my plane gets in on time.

XXXX
David

drathzel
8th-December-2004, 09:47 AM
DD!!!! I forgot to get the tickets off you :tears:

Dance Demon
8th-December-2004, 06:46 PM

Tsk........After me comin all the way through to Glasgow too...:rolleyes: Ah well Sassy1 and BeeBee bought theirs :clap: ........Had a great night at JJs by the way, GREAT venue, Great atmosphere, fab music Franck, and great dances from drathzel, BeeBee, Sassy1, Jennifer and of course not forgetting Wendy...among others. :waycool:

BeeBee
8th-December-2004, 06:57 PM

Thanks for the tickets Mr Dance Demon - can Sassy1 and I book a dance with you now . . . ?

Looking forward to the New Year :clap: :clap:

Beebs

Bangers & Mash
8th-December-2004, 07:35 PM

Muppet!! :rofl:

drathzel
9th-December-2004, 09:35 AM

Thank you :D

Bangers & Mash
9th-December-2004, 11:10 AM
Thank you :D

:hug: you're lovely really!

Make sure you get there bucko, save me a dance :flower:

drathzel
9th-December-2004, 11:45 AM
:hug: you're lovely really!

Make sure you get there bucko, save me a dance :flower:

If you are lucky i will save you two!!!! :hug:

Graham
9th-December-2004, 01:14 PM
Which one does she remind you of the most? :innocent:

Bangers & Mash
9th-December-2004, 02:07 PM
Which one does she remind you of the most? :innocent:

the really cute one :wink:

Dance Demon
11th-December-2004, 07:37 PM
Tickets going fast now.....if you haven't got yours yet, better buy it soon.
DWAS comp, fab cabarets and dancing to music supplied by me an' Lindsay
The only way to see in the New Year... :waycool: :waycool:

drathzel
13th-December-2004, 09:52 AM
the really cute one :wink:

:blush: Ah thanks!!!! :hug:

DD keep me three, 1 for cheeks, 1 for rufftimes and 1 for me. I will get the money to you!

Dance Demon
13th-December-2004, 06:56 PM
No problems Danielle.... and for anyone who has a ticket for this Fridays Sell Out Route 66 Xmas party, Hogmanay tickets will be on sale at the door..

Dance Demon
22nd-December-2004, 10:29 PM
Still a few tickets left but they're going fast.........not much time left to buy yours if you ain't got one..............don't be left disappointed :wink:

Bill
24th-December-2004, 03:52 PM
Still a few tickets left but they're going fast.........not much time left to buy yours if you ain't got one..............don't be left disappointed :wink:

Cheque in the post John.......... that'll be two for me and Fran! See you there. :cheers:

Dance Demon
28th-December-2004, 12:47 PM
There are just a few tickets left for those who are quick.........If you don't want to miss this extravaganza, PM me ASAP to arrange tickets. Admission is by ticket only, no cash will be taken on the night.......so if you ain't got a ticket......GET ONE NOW!!!....BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE

drathzel
28th-December-2004, 08:43 PM
There are just a few tickets left for those who are quick.........If you don't want to miss this extravaganza, PM me ASAP to arrange tickets. Admission is by ticket only, no cash will be taken on the night.......so if you ain't got a ticket......GET ONE NOW!!!....BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE

barely a few days to go!! Woohoo!!! :hug:

Dance Demon
28th-December-2004, 09:02 PM
For anyone unsure Where Portobello Town Hall is, there is a map HERE (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=330500&Y=674000&width=500&height=300&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=GB&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&zm=0&scale=5000&down.x=186&down.y=3)
Best bet for anyone coming from out of town is to take the city Bypass as if heading to Musselburgh. When you get to the junction with musselburgh bypass (A1), take the slip road for Edinburgh East then follow the signs for Portobello. Town hall is on Portobeloo high Street, next to the bank on the corner of Brighton Place & Portobello High St.

Lindsay
28th-December-2004, 09:27 PM
The evening schedule:-
8.00pm Doors open
9.00pm 'Dance With A Stranger' competition!! Panel of 6 judges, nice prizes.
10.30pm Cabaret Acts:
- Brady & Lindsay
- Melanie & James
- DD (singing)
- And a surprise special appearance... ..

Dance Demon & Smooth Babs on the decks playing a variety of the very best
jive, swing, modern & blues dance music! THEME: Black and White, DRESS CODE: Black tie

Over 200 tickets sold! :cheers:
Last minute tickets - just PM John (Dance Demon) or Lindsay

See you there :-))

Dreadful Scathe
30th-December-2004, 03:13 PM
Beware

People not obeying the dress code will be ridiculed in a childish way. :)

So that'll be no dancey clothes then. I'm expecting suits, kilts or ball gowns and thats just on the men :). Wonder how many will stick to the code ? :)

Graham
30th-December-2004, 03:36 PM
What do you mean no dancey clothes? Fred Astaire often wore a suit if I recall, and people wear kilts at ceilidhs all the time.......

Dreadful Scathe
30th-December-2004, 03:43 PM
:rolleyes: :D No 'normal' MJ type dancy clothes then.

That'll be no legs above the knee on show, no viewable midriffs, no tassles, no pseudo-spray paint flashy t-shirts, no trousers on women, no cat suits and NO BLACK T-SHIRTS.

Military Uniform is of course allowed :).

Graham
30th-December-2004, 04:30 PM
That'll be no legs above the knee on show
Even when spinning?

Dance Demon
30th-December-2004, 05:14 PM
Right Then......slightly more up to date directions. Coming from out of town ( from over the Forth Road Bridge or from the West along the M8)....Get on to the City Bypass heading East folowing signs for Berwick On Tweed, until you get to the Sheriffhall Roundabout. Stay on the City bypass( follow A720 signs, 3rd exit) until you come to the end, where it joins up with the Musselburgh bypass (A1). Take the first slip road, signposted Edinburgh East & Leith. Join the dual carriageway. You will see Fort Kinnaird Retail park off to your left. Stay on dual carraiageway until you come to a roundabout ( Asda Store on left) Go straight on past Big W store on right hand side. After a short diistance you will come to another roundabout. Go Straight on (2nd exit) following signs for Portobello & Leith...(Watch out for speed camera at bottom of hill as you go round sweeping bend) ...After roughly a mile you will come to another roundabout. Take the 4th exit. following signs for Portobello. You are now on Portobello High Street. carry on for approx1/2 mile, Town Hall is on Right hand side of road just before crossroads junction Portobello High Street/Bath Street/ Brighton Place.

Got That?........Good....see ya Friday :D

Tiggerbabe
30th-December-2004, 08:36 PM
Military Uniform is of course allowed :).
Oh Good!!!!!!! *fingers crossed* :drool: :drool:

Bangers & Mash
30th-December-2004, 11:36 PM
- DD (singing)

Is it too late to get a refund? :rofl:

Dance Demon
31st-December-2004, 02:59 AM
Is it too late to get a refund? :rofl:

Yes...........but not too late to buy earplugs.....
:na: :na: :na:

Bangers & Mash
31st-December-2004, 10:33 AM
Yes...........but not too late to buy earplugs.....
:na: :na: :na:

ahh DD.

only joking there matey. I await your performance with bated breath. will you be doing requests?

:wink:

Tiggerbabe
31st-December-2004, 12:53 PM
:rolleyes: :D No 'normal' MJ type dancy clothes then.

That'll be no legs above the knee on show, no viewable midriffs, no tassles, no pseudo-spray paint flashy t-shirts, no trousers on women, no cat suits .........
Well, that's me off to the shops then, for something "suitable" to wear, now that DS has ruled out most of my wardrobe :wink: :whistle:

TheTramp
31st-December-2004, 01:52 PM
Well, that's me off to the shops then, for something "suitable" to wear, now that DS has ruled out most of my wardrobe :wink: :whistle:
And mine :rolleyes:

drathzel
31st-December-2004, 02:38 PM
me too (D rems her 7 sins out fit and scuttles for the shop!):tears:

Bangers & Mash
31st-December-2004, 04:04 PM
Went to the shops.
They were busy.
Came back.
Put the washing machine on.
Saved a fortune.

Yorkshire or what! :rofl:

Dance Demon
31st-December-2004, 04:23 PM
Put the washing machine on.
Saved a fortune.

So..........you're wearing a washing machine tonight then......:eek: :eek: :D

Bangers & Mash
31st-December-2004, 04:30 PM
So..........you're wearing a washing machine tonight then......:eek: :eek: :D

It's white!!

thought it might improve my spinning :rofl:

Chicklet
1st-January-2005, 03:46 AM
hey i'm first on thius thread, unless john beats me on while i'm typing!!!

big thanks ot lindsy and john and crew, thoroughly enjoyed the night....great toooones great to see everyone dressed to the nines!

well done all the caberets, showed us all how it should be done!

but i have to say Bill makes the best GIRL!!!

and very many thanks for the gents that were oh so gentle with me for my first dances since southport - didn't expect to dance at all but it was just toooo frustating... managed six slowish numbers - you know who you are and I love you all!!

and HUGE thanks to Brady for the door to door service of course

and a big happy new year to all of course - time for bed!!!
cxx :grin:

Bangers & Mash
1st-January-2005, 04:24 AM
Well what a brilliant night! :clap:

Big thanks to John and Lindsay for such an awesome event and to everyone there who made it such a special time.

DD - no need for earplugs mate. Well impressed with the singing :worthy: and what awesome caberets!!

Of course, no Scotland party would be the same without the awesome trio - the two forum princesses Cheeks and Drathzel (thanks for the great dances) and the forum queen herself Tiggerbabe - wow! what a dance. My knees are still shaking. :hug:

The music too was awesome - thanks to Lindsay, DD and also Gilbert (?) and also to Gilbert for tapping me on the shoulder during the dance with a stranger competition (let me know if the cheque bounces mate! :wink: )

Also, thanks to Nic who danced with me during the competition and remained charming throughout - despite my dodgy lead. Shame we never got another dance - maybe at the Glasgow or Aberdeen party perchance?

Finally. Big thanks to everyone. Hugs and Kisses all round. Brilliant night. A New Year Party for the diary.

:clap: :cheers: :clap: :clap: :hug:

P.S. Drathzel. Wow! your dancing is amazing. I know I said you dance like Lisa, but actually that isn't fair cos you have your own style. I actually felt humbled. :worthy: :worthy: Save me another dance for the next weekender :flower:

Cheeks. Can't believe I missed the last dance with you :tears: next year babe! :kiss:

cheeks
1st-January-2005, 07:16 AM
What can I say ...........Wow :clap:

Everyone looked Fantastic lots of superb dresses and lots fab suits. :cheers:

John and Lindsey thanks for superb night.John what a voice i love it...xx
Cabarets where awesome and who else could carry off or be brave enough to wear a cheeky girls outfit guys you were Fantastic. :worthy: :hug: Music also superb.x

Lots of fantastic dances as usual and no matter how hard I try I still missed dances with so many :sad: just as well 2005 has just begun gives me plenty time to catch you all for a dance.......Again thankyou to everyone for all the fab dances Trampy, James, Bangers& Mash,Rob, Aarron,Luka,and everyone else ................you all no who you are and not forgetting Steven wow.......can you wear the suit more often babe..:devil: :whistle: :drool: ....... ha ha.x

p.s Danielle thankyou for fab dances baby see you soon honey....x

Bangers you have all year to make it up to me for neglecting me for last dance......and honey I will hold you to that. :hug:

Jive Brummie
1st-January-2005, 12:43 PM
Can only echo whats already been said really.

An excellent night put on through hard work and effort from all those involved. Nice one Lindsay and John.

Great venue, great dancers, great company, great singing, great set.....and great cabaret from Brady and Lindsay.......next time Melanie and I have to follow you, can you make it less impressive please :whistle: :wink: :worthy: .

Thanks again everyone for a superb doo, oh yeah, and Happy New Year an 'a.

By the way, anybody know who the young West Coast Swing couple were? He had black trousers and white shirt, she had all black on? Bit vague I know, but i couldn't help watching them every time they danced :worthy: .

James & Melanie x x x x

well done again John, Lindsay and the rest of the crew :worthy: :worthy:

Lindsay
1st-January-2005, 02:39 PM
Happy New Year!! And a huge thanks to everyone who came along last night. The guys looked very 'dapper' in their smart gear, and all the girls were gorgeous as ever.

Huge thanks to John for working together with me to make this such an amazing event. Your music was awesome :worthy: :hug: And your singing is fabulous.

Thanks Fi and Nik and Irene (& others) for setting up, and helping out on the door, couldn't have done it without ya :hug: Thanks Gilbert for DJ-ing, another great set :)

Well done Brady for the fab choreography with the Cheeky Boys, it was SO FUNNY and I have it all on video :rofl:

Thanks Melanie, James, Sheena, Gilbert and Brady for helping judge the cometition, and congrats to the winners Heather & (?forgotten partner- please remind :blush: ) and runners-up Wendy & Brian.

Thanks Bangers & Mash for taking the cabaret photos, excellent, some are HERE (http://boogie.webspace.fish.co.uk/photos12.htm). Unfortunately I was too busy dancing to take any more during the night, soz.

Well done James & Melanie on your fantastic demo :worthy: We didn't want to follow you because we knew you'd be awesome, and you were! Thanks Brady for being such a fabulous dance partner!

Had some lovely dances with Tramp, Jules, Gilbert, Ron, James, Brady, Bill to name a few.. Thanks.

Nice to see Chickie.... lovely frock and good to see ya dancing again!

Have a great NY everyone, hope to see you at Club Ego on 19th :cheers:

Wendy
1st-January-2005, 02:54 PM
What a great night !!!! Just the best way to bring in the new year !!! Some lovely dances.... some rather yummy kisses too :innocent: and nice to see some chums who haven't been around for a while....

Well done everyone involved for organising such a great party !!! Looking forward to more of the same in 2005 !!!

:hug: :kiss: :clap: :kiss: :hug:

Wxxx

Graham
1st-January-2005, 03:13 PM
Lindsay - John Lusby was Heather's partner in the DWAS competition.

What a fab party! Had a brilliant time, and was absolutely spoilt for choice with lots of gorgeous partners! Well done John and Lindsay and all who helped - it really was a fantastic event, and I look forward to lots more of the same!

Dance Demon
1st-January-2005, 03:41 PM
Well, ...i've recovered enough to post now.......So A huge thanks to everyone who came along last night. Fantastic to see everyone in their best bib and tucker. All the hard work & worrying paid off in the end, and it all worked out well. Well done to John & Heather for winning the DWAS comp, and also to Brian & Wendy for running them a very close second :waycool: I didn't see the cabarets, but I believe they were Fab...espescially those four birds in the last one......sex on legs eh :rofl: :rofl: .........Big thanks to Irene, Fi & Nik, Gilbert, Brady, james & Melanie, Old chocolate man Bill for being such a great sport, and every one else who mucked in to help on the night. And of course to Lindsay. It was all worth it Gal :hug: ........Sorry I only managed about three dances all night, but I had a ball behind the Decks, and it all seemed to go so quickly. Cheers Mr Supercool Gilbert for playing some smooooooth choons that I love dancing to. I only wish I'd had all the helpers when I got home, and had to lug all the PA gear up to the house.......however it was nice after it all to relax on the couch with a cold can of Bud and a VERY large Glayva....Cheers everyone and a Happy New Year.........see y'all at Route 66 on 21st :cheers:

Tiggerbabe
1st-January-2005, 03:47 PM
Can only echo the above sentiments. I had a wonderful night.
Huge congratulations and thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make the night a success, especially Fi, Nik and Irene who worked so hard in the background. Lindsay, John and Gilbert the music was superb and a great venue.

Thanks for asking me to help judge the competition - Never again though!!! Far too difficult to choose - at one point I wanted to pick 4 couples and was only allowed 1 :blush:
Worthy winners in John and Heather - but I loved all of the smiles on the faces of everyone dancing - brilliant, that's what makes it!!!!!!!!!!

It was great to see everyone looking so smart and all those men in their dinner suits and some in kilts :drool: :drool:

Too many fab dances to mention them all here, but thanks guys, you made my night very special.

Thanks to Trampy for driving Cheeks and I through, greatly appreciated :hug:

Some photos here (http://homepage.mac.com/tiggerbabe/PhotoAlbum1.html)

Apologies for the quality of the cabaret photos and for the fact that I seem to be in an awful lot of the other ones :whistle: :whistle:

Lindsay
1st-January-2005, 05:06 PM
Fab photos Tigger - SO glad somebody was taking some!

SORRY John Lusby- how could I forget you came 1st with Heather... and I even tapped you in the 1st round as I recall :blush: So much going on, pleez excuse the Alzheimer's...

Dreadful Scathe
1st-January-2005, 06:31 PM
:) Good night that. The quickest Dance Competition ever: 2 heats, a semi and a final in under 10 minutes. They should all be like that, less stress - if only I could do Hazel Lusby justice - sorry Hazel.

Nice to kiss all the girls after the bells, I dont usually get that opportunity :)

drathzel - why you thought 'ive only danced 4 months' was worth mentioning when it was the best dance i had all night i dont know :)

apologies for the cheeky boys - i missed up cos i was following Brady and the other 2 were following me, but with the mask i couldnt see what brady was doing so messed up. Still, as long as it was funny.

Thanks to Bill though, we roped him into that an hour before and he put us all to shame. The man is shameless :)

Nice to see little Linda again - its been a while. Thanks for great dances Sheena and Heather and everyone else I danced with. I actually intended to dance with David Chu but never got around to it, next time though ;) Time flies when you're having fun doesnt it ? :)

Chicklet: is your leg ok ? being plastered helped you to dance a bit but i hope you're not suffering now ? :)

Chicklet
1st-January-2005, 06:39 PM
:)
Chicklet: is your leg ok ? being plastered helped you to dance a bit but i hope you're not suffering now ? :)
:eek: :eek: :eek:
that wasn't plastered that was *gettingintothespirit* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyway, you cowsmurf - no-one else noticed, SURE they didn't :rofl:
I curse babysmurf to come out pink :wink:

Bill
1st-January-2005, 07:02 PM
Congratulations to Linz, DD and everyone esle who helped get the night together.

Had a great time and it was great to see so many folk there - and everyone looking so gorgeous !! Pity I missed the other cabaret acts but as can be seen from the pics I was brutally forced to participate and hated every minute as I'm obviously a quiet retiring sort of man by nature. :rolleyes: :whistle: I was simply following Nick...or rather, his bum. Never looked so hard at a man's bum before. :what: :D

And of course huge congrats to Mr and Mrs DS......... :cheers: :hug:

Hope everyone has a really fabulous new year. Linda and Chicklet..... you both take care.It's great to see you both but make sure you don't overdo it....we all want you back dancing asap but just make sure you both take care...OK!!! :kiss:

Chicklet
1st-January-2005, 07:16 PM
I curse babysmurf to come out pink :wink:
just to be quite clear for anyone ( had a concerned PM) wondering - this is NOT me cursing a baby :really: this is a wee joke that there's a chance it might not be BLUE, inspite of daddysmurf wishing it is!!!!

Feelingpink
1st-January-2005, 08:07 PM
just to be quite clear for anyone ( had a concerned PM) wondering - this is NOT me cursing a baby :really: this is a wee joke that there's a chance it might not be BLUE, inspite of daddysmurf wishing it is!!!!

Yay - pink!

Dreadful Scathe
1st-January-2005, 08:58 PM

:rofl: I got the joke, which is the important thing. Ignore 'anyone' they need to get out more :). Chances are it will be pink, mores the pity :)

drathzel
2nd-January-2005, 12:06 PM
:)

drathzel - why you thought 'ive only danced 4 months' was worth mentioning when it was the best dance i had all night i dont know :)

Aww thank you honey, i had a great dance..... I only wish i didn't miss so many moves!!! :blush:

apologies for the cheeky boys - i missed up cos i was following Brady and the other 2 were following me, but with the mask i couldnt see what brady was doing so messed up. Still, as long as it was funny.

:drool: You were all fantastic!!! Any chance of an encore at the next event?

Dx :hug:

drathzel
2nd-January-2005, 12:15 PM
Of course, no Scotland party would be the same without the awesome trio - the two forum princesses Cheeks and Drathzel (thanks for the great dances) and the forum queen herself Tiggerbabe - wow! what a dance. My knees are still shaking. :hug:

Well of course we HAD to be there!! Just a question how many outfit changes did we do between us?

P.S. Drathzel. Wow! your dancing is amazing. I know I said you dance like Lisa, but actually that isn't fair cos you have your own style. I actually felt humbled. :worthy: :worthy: Save me another dance for the next weekender :flower:

:hug: :blush: aww thanks honey, thats the BIGGEST compliment. I think most of you men have a warped view but thank you. And whats a good dancers without a good lead!!!! :hug:

You can have as many dances as you want, as long as you keep your promises to cheeks!! :hug:

Cheeks, thanks for being a fab follow, you make my leading seem easier!! You are the best girl, see you in a few hours!!

Dx :hug:

Bangers & Mash
2nd-January-2005, 01:17 PM
:hug: :blush: aww thanks honey, thats the BIGGEST compliment. I think most of you men have a warped view but thank you. And whats a good dancers without a good lead!!!! :hug:

You can have as many dances as you want, as long as you keep your promises to cheeks!! :hug:

Well, I fly to Amsterdam in a few hours. I'm in Chester next weekend, either Glasgow or Newcastle the weekend after, Aberdeen the weekend after that and finally Edinburgh at the end of the month.

So plenty of chances for dances and to keep promises.
:wink:

:hug: :kiss:

Lindsay
2nd-January-2005, 01:53 PM
GROOVY DANCER!!! :eek:
How could I have forgotten to mention you.... You were the King of Groove on the dancefloor man :worthy: and I look forward to our next groovy dance :) :)

JL
2nd-January-2005, 02:14 PM
Hi everyone

Don't know if this will work I don't "do" technology I'll have to get help from my "other half" Firstly ,thanks to Nick, you did do me justice I was the one suffering from the after effects of too many glasses of wine ! I thoroughly enjoyed the dances anyway,and many congrats on the news!
Secondly thanks to lindsay and John for a great night and I apologise profusely for turning up at a "Black and White Ball " in a RED dress !
What a muppet ! In my defence can I say that I had not been reading the Forum if I had done I would not have made such a social gaffe ! I'll try to get it right next year.

Hazel

TheTramp
2nd-January-2005, 02:21 PM
Ah. But Hazel. You looked fantastic (as always). Who cares what colour you were wearing???

Minnie M
2nd-January-2005, 09:15 PM
Some photos here (http://homepage.mac.com/tiggerbabe/PhotoAlbum1.html)

Wow !

the gals looked so glam - and boys in kilts :drool:

Wot grate fots :clap: (loved the shoes D)

and the cabaret boys :flower: :clap: :cheers:

Shame there wasn't sound - would love to have heard DD sing

Wish you lot weren't soooooooooooo far away :tears: