PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks

stewart38
3rd-November-2004, 08:01 PM
Either

1) Ban them for ever..

2)There ok for the 5th or 6th of November only

3)I like fireworks going on for 24 hours a day for 2 months before and 2 months after firework night because I dont like dogs

Seems less this year then some years, is it they have less sparkle or do police now shoot on site.

philsmove
3rd-November-2004, 08:59 PM
Fireworks
Are great accompanied by Handle’s fireworks music or the 1812 :clap:

Preferably outside a French château on a barmy summer evening :drool:

Accompanied by champagne, or :cheers: followed by …………

ElaineB
3rd-November-2004, 11:48 PM
Fireworks

Did you really mean barmy - or balmy???

Either way, sounds great to me! :clap: :clap:

Elaine

philsmove
4th-November-2004, 12:10 AM
Did you really mean barmy - or balmy???

Elaine

Not sure I had, had to much champagne ,but this the château Iwas thinking of. sorry no photos of the fireworks

Tiggerbabe
4th-November-2004, 02:53 AM
Phil - great idea! :clap: :hug:

ElaineB
4th-November-2004, 08:15 AM
Not sure I had, had to much champagne ,but this the château Iwas thinking of. sorry no photos of the fireworks

Now I know where you are talking about - one of the most looked forward gathering of the balloonists year methinks! For those of you who don't know, our Mr Move is a bit of a shaker in the balloon world (big ones that is!)

Elaine

Dreadful Scathe
4th-November-2004, 11:12 AM
our Mr Move is a bit of a shaker in the balloon world (big ones that is!)

what ? He's a big balloon ? That means something else up here - see here (scroll down to find balloon :) ) (http://www.firstfoot.com/php/glossary/phpglossar_0.8/index.php)

philsmove
4th-November-2004, 06:36 PM
what ? He's a big balloon ? That means something else up here - see here (scroll down to find balloon :) ) (http://www.firstfoot.com/php/glossary/phpglossar_0.8/index.php)

One favourite words is missing "Drumley"

But this is not surprising, as it has no English equivalent

Please to see teatime there

A tradition that has completely vanished in Bristol :tears:

Lory
4th-November-2004, 07:11 PM
Fireworks

Fireworks are also nice at the picnics in the park, summer concerts at 'Kenwwood' in Hampstead!

I'm not sure but by the looks of the people picnics there, I think that the Strawberry's and Bubbly stuff is compulsory! :drool:

Just a thought, aren't the best jacket potato's ever, the ones wrapped in silver foil and cooked in a bonfire and served with REAL butter? :yum: mmmmmmm

P.s. I want to go up in a Balloon! :waycool:

Lynn
4th-November-2004, 07:18 PM
Not keen on home fireworks (unless someone responsible has charge of them) and they were banned in NI for many years.

But I like public firework displays on soft summer evenings too, there is one we usually go to in July on the north coast, fireworks out over the water and it always seems to be a lovely dry, mild evening.

ElaineB
4th-November-2004, 08:49 PM
Not keen on home fireworks (unless someone responsible has charge of them) and they were banned in NI for many years.

But I like public firework displays on soft summer evenings too, there is one we usually go to in July on the north coast, fireworks out over the water and it always seems to be a lovely dry, mild evening.

I have two personalities when it comes to fireworks - the big kid in me loves them - especially big dispays - the more the merrier! :clap:

However, being the owner of cats and previously, horses, I always get worried nearer November 5th. Spent one cold evening with my horse who was completely terrified of a huge dispay that another horse owner was having in their field - away from their horses of course, but near to the yard where mine was stabled - perverse! :confused:

Have cat litter to the ready for the week-end.................now just to catch the blighters! :rofl:

Elaine

CJ
5th-November-2004, 01:01 AM
Belonging to Edinburgh, I have to say fireworks are cool.

(especially the waterfalls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :wink:

Curtain
5th-November-2004, 07:32 AM
Either

1) Ban them for ever..

2)There ok for the 5th or 6th of November only

3)I like fireworks going on for 24 hours a day for 2 months before and 2 months after firework night because I dont like dogs

Seems less this year then some years, is it they have less sparkle or do police now shoot on site.

Agree with all that. What we have to remember is that fireworks are basically explosives and how kids are allowed to purchase them from the local corner shop baffles me. I reckon they should be banned from public use. Enough is enough, the selfishness of the people using them means that it ruins it for us all. Organised events? Fair enough, but I don't want to hear them on random nights. It's the animals I feel sorry for.

philsmove
5th-November-2004, 04:49 PM
Belonging to Edinburgh, I have to say fireworks are cool.

(especially the waterfalls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :wink:

If you mean the ones that cascade off the castle walls, yes they are great

Saw them many years ago at the start of the festival

There was a full moon

O and yes they played “da ta ta tah …. boom boom “ :clap: :clap: :clap:

Forte
5th-November-2004, 05:44 PM
I lurve 'em at organised displays (less happy about them in the hands of teenage delinquents :tears: ) My work has a barbeque and display tomorrow night...can't wait! :clap: