PDA

View Full Version : men doing the womans part

Cornish Pixie
2nd-November-2004, 06:34 PM
Wt is you guys opinion on men learning the womans mves. At my club we are often short of women and the experienced dancers fill in as men.

However when men want to learn the womans part is is nt looked upon in the same way. Maybe we should have a leader or follower as in Salsa?

I believe dancing as a woman makes men more light footed and gives them better insight into leading. Wat do u think?

Also i read somewhere that the job of the man is to look gd. I know the dance is a partnership bt wen you see a gd couple dancing the "wow" factor comes from the woman. do you guys no ne mves that really show off the man more than the woman?

Minnie M
2nd-November-2004, 08:11 PM
Wt is you guys opinion on men learning the womans mves. At my club we are often short of women and the experienced dancers fill in as men..........

I think there is a thread started on this subject or like it - what interested me is that you are short of women :yeah: where are you :whistle:

Diane
2nd-November-2004, 09:00 PM
I think there is a thread started on this subject or like it - what interested me is that you are short of women :yeah: where are you :whistle:

My thoughts exactly :yeah:

ToeTrampler
2nd-November-2004, 10:19 PM
..At my club we are often short of women and the experienced dancers fill in as men.

Erm, if you're short of women why do experienced dancers fill in as men :confused:

MartinHarper
2nd-November-2004, 10:39 PM
Dancing as a woman (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3741) - that other thread Minnie mentioned.

do you guys know any moves that really show off the man more than the woman?

There's the "spinning man breakthrough" - also with other names. The standard Ceroc "man spin", but with the guy spinning 540° rather than 180°. I only really see it at Ceroc Wythall. It's kinda cute.

Gadget
3rd-November-2004, 01:01 AM
Hey! a worse speller than me !!! :what: :D

{:wink: sorry - don't mean to slag you off; it's just that normal netiquette is to type as you would like to read: typing in Txt mode is OK for mobiles, but we are not limited by post size or number of charicters {damn-it!}. Please type as you would talk :flower: or rather as you would like to be heard talking.}

Andy McGregor
3rd-November-2004, 01:05 AM
Hey! a worse speller than me !!! :what: :D

Nope, I think it's txt spk :whistle:

Gadget still holds the crown :clap:

Cornish Pixie
3rd-November-2004, 01:12 PM

Soz being totally stupid. Meant to say there is a lack of men so the women do their part! :sad:

Minnie M
3rd-November-2004, 02:48 PM
Soz being totally stupid. Meant to say there is a lack of men so the women do their part! :sad:

same difference :rolleyes:

Cornish Pixie
3rd-November-2004, 03:03 PM
I give up. i think all these thoughts about dancing have disabled my ability to say what i mean!You all know what i mean!

Trish
3rd-November-2004, 03:19 PM
I give up. i think all these thoughts about dancing have disabled my ability to say what i mean!You all know what i mean!

Do you mean there are too many men, so the women dance the lead? I presume that is what you meant, but it's a bit confusing!

I agree with you that following gives men an insight into what the women have to do and can make them better leaders, although they are often really bad as "women" when I've lead them - better to get a big strong bloke to do it. I'm quite a strong lead when i need to be, but some of the men I have lead nearly tear your arm out of it's socket!

baldrick
3rd-November-2004, 11:30 PM
Personly I found it a great adventure. Spent the whole dance reminding myself to just let it happen. Was dead chuffed to spot and 'get' a Yo Yo. Would love to do it again, and try to remember how much of a blur it was as the moves rushed by. That way I hope to be a more sympathetic lead, especialy with beginners.