PDA

View Full Version : Slow sngs

Cornish Pixie
2nd-November-2004, 06:15 PM
I love fast songs and go nuts to them but when it comes to the slow ones :confused:
Cd i hav some tips for some sexy slinky mves. Iv heard of a hallelujah bt nt sure wt it is

ChrisA
2nd-November-2004, 06:34 PM
Iv heard of a hallelujah bt nt sure wt it is
It's a completely crap move danced IMHO :innocent: by pervy middle aged blokes who think it makes them look sexy.

There's one male dancer that makes it look stylish, and that's Viktor. Everyone else just looks awful doing it. IMHO :)

By the way, your keyboard seems to be mlfnctng. Ooh... so's mn nw :rofl:

Chris

Gojive
2nd-November-2004, 06:39 PM
It's a completely crap move danced IMHO :innocent: by pervy middle aged blokes who think it makes them look sexy.

Thanks for that Chris. I'm 41, I do that move (or a variation of it), and now feel utterly destroyed! :tears: :whistle:

TheTramp
2nd-November-2004, 06:39 PM
"Slow sngs"

I've just been trying to work out where the 'o' goes. Either way, I'm all for them!! :flower:

Trampy

Gojive
2nd-November-2004, 06:43 PM
"Slow sngs"

I've just been trying to work out where the 'o' goes. Either way, I'm all for them!! :flower:

Trampy

:rofl:

Lynn
2nd-November-2004, 06:46 PM
"Slow sngs" I've just been trying to work out where the 'o' goes. Yeah, me too when I saw the title of the thread!

Either way, I'm all for them!! :flower: :yeah:

ChrisA
2nd-November-2004, 06:46 PM
Thanks for that Chris. I'm 41, I do that move (or a variation of it), and now feel utterly destroyed! :tears: :whistle:

:blush:

Oops. Sorry.

But hey, all you have to do is stop doing that move, and you'll be sexy again :D

Maybe I should have said,

"There's one male dancer that I've seen that makes it look stylish, and that's Viktor. Everyone else that I've seen just looks awful doing it. IMHO "

:hug: :flower:

Chris

PS.. all the best people are 41 :wink:

Gojive
2nd-November-2004, 06:55 PM
:blush:

Oops. Sorry.

But hey, all you have to do is stop doing that move, and you'll be sexy again :D

Again :confused: :confused: :confused: :wink:

Amen to that! - or should that be hallelujah to that! ? :yum:

Wait a minute though......does that mean when I'm 42, I'm past my best? :eek: :whistle:

ChrisA
2nd-November-2004, 07:01 PM
Again :confused: :confused: :confused: :wink:

Ooh, I don't know. How long have you been doing the hallelujah? :D

Wait a minute though......does that mean when I'm 42, I'm past my best? :eek: :whistle:

Doubtless. So leave him alone, ladies, and come this way :wink:

Lory
2nd-November-2004, 07:32 PM
I love fast songs and go nuts to them but when it comes to the slow ones :confused:
Cd i hav some tips for some sexy slinky mves. Iv heard of a hallelujah bt nt sure wt it is
Hi. Can I be so bold as to recommend Kelloggs All Bran, :blush: :hug: it might help with your Vowels :whistle: :wink:

Stuart
2nd-November-2004, 11:42 PM
:

I'll second that!

Whitebeard
3rd-November-2004, 12:37 AM

The poor guy needs help (in more ways than one ..... hey, you've got me at it now) and all you've done is poke fun at him.

I guess he's so used to texting he's flumoxed by a real keyboard. Anyway, I'm an old git and if the halleluyah can even begin to make me look (or even feel) sexy, how does it go ??

Gadget
3rd-November-2004, 01:17 AM
Halleluja starts (normally) from a crossed hands hold move both hands up towards the ceilingas you both step in. At the lady's full reach, hands are swapped and uncrossed to be brought down in twin arcs to either side of you.
This can be done from double handed holds , moving both hands together in the middle, then out once they reach the top. Other variations are with the lady's back to you, or you having your back to the lady (although this isn't as good unless you are the same height/smaller than the lady) and stopping in the crucifix position.

The "Uglyness" of this move comes from men stringing it allong for four or five beats, trying to wiggle and look sexy. :what: Fine for a transition move that changes hands, but not as a 'feature' move {IMHO}

{:blush: and I thought it was "Slow Snogs" as well!}

bigdjiver
3rd-November-2004, 02:27 AM
.... The "Uglyness" of this move comes from men stringing it allong for four or five beats, trying to wiggle and look sexy. :what: Fine for a transition move that changes hands, but not as a 'feature' move {IMHO} ... For me it is an interaction move with partner, and I do not care what it looks like to anybody else. Uglyness is also in the eye of the beholder.

I use it as a "message move". We are drawing a heart shape with our hands, and if I follow it with a basket, drawing her through the space we have just defined as a heart, it symbolises to me, in a platonic way, that "You have a place in my heart."

Zebra Woman
3rd-November-2004, 10:12 AM
I use it as a "message move". We are drawing a heart shape with our hands, and if I follow it with a basket, drawing her through the space we have just defined as a heart, it symbolises to me, in a platonic way, that "You have a place in my heart."

Oh my! All these years and I've been missing that :eek: ....I thought it was just an odd move. :blush:

Now I'm wondering what does a double pretzl mean? :confused:

David Franklin
3rd-November-2004, 10:22 AM
We are drawing a heart shape with our hands, and if I follow it with a basket, drawing her through the space we have just defined as a heart, it symbolises to me, in a platonic way, that "You have a place in my heart."To quote Blazing Saddles:

"Sir, you use your tongue purdier than a twenny dollar whore!"
Have you been taking lessons from Anton du Beke?

Dave

bigdjiver
3rd-November-2004, 12:58 PM
Have you been taking lessons from Anton du Beke? :rofl: :yeah: :clap:

Sheepman
3rd-November-2004, 01:07 PM
Now I'm wondering what does a double pretzl mean? :confused: Breakfast for two?

Greg

bigdjiver
3rd-November-2004, 02:21 PM
Now I'm wondering what does a double pretzl mean? :confused:It means that you are dancing with someone else. :tears:

I do remember once remarking in a class: "I haven't got this. I could find out what it's like to wear a bra."

Cornish Pixie
3rd-November-2004, 02:31 PM
Okay people i get the idea! I think that i do not lack the vocabulary needed to "talk proper" seeming that i'm taking a level English.

Anyway do you have any moves that are good toslow songs?

David Franklin
3rd-November-2004, 02:39 PM
Okay people i get the idea! I think that i do not lack the vocabulary needed to "talk proper" seeming that i'm taking a level English.And to think people say exams are being watered down... :tears:

Dave

Zebra Woman
3rd-November-2004, 02:42 PM
As a woman I like the forward and back mambo step, and the variation of it where you both take three steps and youve swapped sides (like a salsa crossbody move), I like the penguin walk. All drops leans and seducers.Sways, baskets and all variations. Combs...more combs... :drool:

I wouldn't dream of explaining them. I'm sure I'd get it wrong and I'm on dial up still :sick:

ZW :flower:

Jon L
3rd-November-2004, 03:09 PM
If you are a woman and Nigel is around, then grab a dance with him. He is the master of slow moves and watching him is interesting how he adjusts to the slow bits of the music.

As for where the 'O' goes, trying the other option would result in a slap round the head!!"

One piece of advice he gave me from his blues workshop was remember that certain moves such as the armjive, half windmill and pretzel don't work well on slow numbers.

One thing I am getting the feel of on blues numbers, is using the full beat for the move. There is a great move taught by Nigel and Nina where you stand feet against each other facing opposite directions holidng opposite arms and lean away from each other sideways.

drathzel
3rd-November-2004, 03:13 PM
"Slow sngs"

Trampy

:yeah: and :yeah:

drathzel
3rd-November-2004, 03:15 PM
Okay people i get the idea! I think that i do not lack the vocabulary needed to "talk proper" seeming that i'm taking a level English.

Anyway do you have any moves that are good toslow songs?

bloos in general is very good for slow songs, have no idea the name of any of the moves but if you go to a workshop you will learn all the best moves!

Zebra Woman
3rd-November-2004, 03:18 PM
If you are a woman and Nigel is around, then grab a dance with him. He is the master of slow moves and watching him is interesting how he adjusts to the slow bits of the music.

You don't have to be a woman, he will dance with a man. And if you don't get sucked into 'the zone' :blush: you might be able to pick up some moves that he did to you. :worthy:

Oh yeah, catapults are not so good to slow songs too.

ZW :flower:

Whitebeard
3rd-November-2004, 05:47 PM
Halleluja starts .......
Thanks for that Gadget, it sounds easy enough even for me ..... and bigjiver's take on the move adds a new dimension to explore. Might try it tonight if the music, the mood, and the right partner, all come together. Wiggles, if any, strictly side to side though.

Gadget
3rd-November-2004, 11:41 PM
I do remember once remarking in a class: "I haven't got this. I could find out what it's like to wear a bra."
:what::confused: BigD... I worry about you.

bigdjiver
4th-November-2004, 01:58 AM
:what::confused: BigD... I worry about you.Everybody worries about me, even me. :sad: