PDA

View Full Version : The Producers

Lory
30th-October-2004, 11:38 AM
Last night I went the theatre and saw 'The Producers' it was the funniest thing I've seen in ages, my only complaint was, it was hard to hear above the laughter at some points. :rofl:

It's fast moving, upbeat and very witty! As we exited the theatre, it was funny to hear people singing out loud 'Springtime, for Hitler, in Germany'! :what:

I'd highly recommend it! :waycool:

Read more here! (http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/shows/display?contentId=78672)

Forte
30th-October-2004, 12:25 PM
Ohmigawd! Was Nathan Lane in it? I have been instructed to buy tickets to see it for my daughter's birthday. He is a hero of hers. he is the voice of Timon in "The Lion King" after all! :rofl:
He was a legend on broadway in Guys and Dolls and the The producers. Wasn't he also in La cage aux Folles? I have read good reviews of him. It seems he is only here until January. he is rescuing the show after Richard Dreyfuss pulled out. I hear Nathan Lane has a good rapport with Lee Evans in it. What is the best way to get tickets, please Lory - without getting ripped off ..
:hug:

Heather
30th-October-2004, 12:37 PM
Would this be a West End production of the Mel Brooks film 'The Producers'?
If so, the film was absolutely hilarious, would love to see the stage production. Maybe it will come to Edinburgh sometime !

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
XX

Forte
30th-October-2004, 12:43 PM
If so, the film was absolutely hilarious, would love to see the stage production. Maybe it will come to Edinburgh sometime !

Heather,
XX

Yes it is. I think it is going to be a smash hit. It will run and run and tickets will be like gold dust. Just been on a site £125 for stalls . That was an agency though. I see the proper price at the theatre (the web site Lory has posted) is between £18 or £48.
Nathan lane is only booked until end of Jan and he may not even do all the shows. I would hate to go all the way down to London and for his understudy to be on. My daughter is adamant she wants it as a birthday or Christmas pressie. She is musical theatre mad. I need to get organised and start organising a trip! Sixteen year olds can be very expensive! :sick:

Lory
30th-October-2004, 01:09 PM
Ohmigawd! Was Nathan Lane in it? Yes Forte and he was brilliant, I can't imagine someone else paying the part, he's a larger than life character, with an enormous booming voice, he fills the whole auditorium with his effervescence! :waycool:

Lee evens was a better singer than I'd imagined he'd be and the leading lady is absolutely stunning! She's got the longest legs i've ever seen! :what: :angry: :nice:

As for tickets, we booked ours through ticket master but I'm afraid that was ages ago. :rolleyes:

NB there were ticket touts selling seats outside last night but I'm afraid I don't know how much for!

Stuart
30th-October-2004, 06:58 PM
Ohmigawd! Was Nathan Lane in it? I have been instructed to buy tickets to see it for my daughter's birthday. He is a hero of hers. he is the voice of Timon in "The Lion King" after all! :rofl:
He was a legend on broadway in Guys and Dolls and the The producers. Wasn't he also in La cage aux Folles? I have read good reviews of him. It seems he is only here until January. he is rescuing the show after Richard Dreyfuss pulled out. I hear Nathan Lane has a good rapport with Lee Evans in it. What is the best way to get tickets, please Lory - without getting ripped off ..
:hug:

He was also in the original Broadway production of "The Producers".

Forte
31st-October-2004, 01:24 PM

Heather,
XX

I will tell you what is coming to Edinburgh, Heather - "Mama Mia"! I can't wait. I have tickets to see that in December. :clap: