PDA

View Full Version : Dancing during the summer months

Magic Hans
30th-October-2004, 10:46 AM
Hi All!

We've well and truly reached the end of the summer, here in UK, and I'm looking forward to a winter full of dancing, dancing, dancing!!

I well ramp my dancing down in the summer ('cept for taxi-ing):

a) 'cos it's just so hot and sweaty [Nottingham, Monday venue has little in the way of effective air conditioning, especially as it is typically packed to the brim .... so many loverrly dancers too!! :tears: ]

b) Give me a bit of a dance break, so I can return fresh .... and hopefully to at least a few new dancers too!!

What do youuuuuu doooo??

Ian

Yliander
30th-October-2004, 03:20 PM
Summer is longer here - couldn't bear to reduce my dancing for that long!!! the only allowance i make is to drink more water! :D

philsmove
30th-October-2004, 04:08 PM
Hi All!

We've well and truly reached the end of the summer, here in UK,
Ian

I am told summer was on a wednesday this year, but I missed it

does anyone know when it wil be next year

MartinHarper
30th-October-2004, 06:11 PM
Some of my local classes have summer breaks (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3365), so some reduction is natural.

baldrick
30th-October-2004, 08:40 PM
Dunno yet, only started in March. Nasty feeling the winter could be heavily dance orientated, its warmer then trying to go kayaking in the snow.

Lynn
31st-October-2004, 10:15 AM
Our class finished about the end of April/start of May for a summer break but due to various reasons it isn't restarting. So between Southport in May and Southport in September I only danced once (when LL came over and ran a workshop) and at one point had a full 3 months with no dancing at all :tears: . Now its once a month practice with some friends (but still no classes).

But having a break had some good points - not because it was too hot to dance (this is NI!) but I had so many other things to do. And I can now justify taking some time to go on weekenders to dance! :clap:

drathzel
2nd-November-2004, 02:04 PM
Dunno yet, only started in March. Nasty feeling the winter could be heavily dance orientated, its warmer then trying to go kayaking in the snow.

Including stepping... has the vid arrived yet?

I think i will probably dance as much, although i only joined at the end of summer so i cant really tell the difference yet!

:hug:

baldrick
3rd-November-2004, 11:14 PM
Including stepping... has the vid arrived yet?

I think i will probably dance as much, although i only joined at the end of summer so i cant really tell the difference yet!

:hug:
No vid but chasing it.
Keep dancing, keeps me on my toes.