PDA

View Full Version : Fancy Dress you can dance in?

DavidY
29th-October-2004, 06:36 PM
.... won't help halloween though, so I'll have to use make-up to make me look half dead .... hopefully with black eye liner, lipstick, nail varnish and white face paint!!! ...I imagine there are a a few Halloween-themed parties around this weekend. I'm planning to go to the one Daventry on Saturday night, and I've left it very late to sort out any fancy dress.

But I suspect not all fancy dress is going to be helpful when you try and dance in it.

I envisage knocking off several witches' hats during the course of the night when I forget to lift my arm high enough :blush: and I also expect to get trodden on by folk wearing masks who, deprived of peripheral vision, don't see who's dancing nearby. :tears: On the other hand dancing would presumably be easy in Magic Hans' make up.

So here's the question - what fancy dress have you tried which works on the dancefloor?

Tiggerbabe
29th-October-2004, 07:47 PM
So here's the question - what fancy dress have you tried which works on the dancefloor?
This one worked quite well - although the bells on the bottom of the skirt acted a bit like a whip, so no-one was dancing too close :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
29th-October-2004, 08:09 PM
This one worked quite well - although the bells on the bottom of the skirt acted a bit like a whip, so no-one was dancing too close :wink:

woohoo :drool:

Diane
29th-October-2004, 08:10 PM
I dressed as a 'pink lady' , you know, the ones in Grease.

Fab pink circular skirt. I'd love the chance to wear it again :)

Gadget
29th-October-2004, 10:03 PM
Tall hats and big masks should be avoided - unless you remember and tailor your dancing: my mask at the BFG was a bit tall and I couldn't turn under my own arm... you don't realise how often you do that untill you keep knocking your own head off every time!

Tiggerbabe
29th-October-2004, 10:06 PM
..............should be avoided
as should looped fringes, you keep getting attached to your partner's buttons - mmmn :drool: on second thoughts :wink: :whistle:

jivecat
30th-October-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm planning it so I can ditch the difficult bits eg a set of light-up devil horns after the first 15 minutes.

bigdjiver
30th-October-2004, 04:31 PM
At Emma's Moulin Rouge theme night there was a very attractive lady wearing a superb ball gown, but it was just to intimidating for me, because of its bulk, to take on in a dance. It was not until I was on the way home that I realised that I had not seen her get a dance at all. I had to just hope she enjoyed herself, after making such a superb effort.

I arrived at a "Saints and sinners" dance with no costume, and felt bad about it, but inspiration struck - I tore a piece of white card into a halo, and pinned it around my ankle. It got a few smiles, and survived half the evening.

Bangers & Mash
30th-October-2004, 05:27 PM
I found a dressing gown worked - especially a cuddly one :nice: :innocent:

Tiggerbabe
30th-October-2004, 07:30 PM
I found a dressing gown worked
Really? Mine seemed to fall off :whistle: :whistle:

Missy D
30th-October-2004, 10:08 PM
Me and sis Dee went to Ealing last night dressed up as Devils. Our horns were a bit of a problem with short men dancers but, our tails really got in the way when we sat down! :devil:

Quite glad i am a woman :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

baldrick
31st-October-2004, 12:44 PM
The problem I had with a devils tail was accidently trying to lead with it having caught it after spinning my partner. It just fell into my hand, honest. :whistle:

jivecat
31st-October-2004, 12:48 PM
Were you one of the prizewinners at Daventry, Bigd?

bigdjiver
31st-October-2004, 04:57 PM
Were you one of the prizewinners at Daventry, Bigd?Not a chance - ever - the only fancy dress events I have dressed up for were in Bedford.

Missy D
3rd-November-2004, 05:21 PM
Here is a picture of me and sis at Ealing town Hall Halloween Ball last friday.
We had no problem dancing in these outfits although sis got a few men stuck between her hills :devil: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SilverFox
3rd-November-2004, 05:52 PM
We had no problem dancing in these outfits although sis got a few men stuck between her hills :devil: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
The Mendip Hills I presume :innocent:

drathzel
3rd-November-2004, 06:54 PM
Me and sis Dee went to Ealing last night dressed up as Devils. Our horns were a bit of a problem with short men dancers but, our tails really got in the way when we sat down! :devil:

Quite glad i am a woman :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I had those problems too. Although i got quite attached to my tail!

baldrick
3rd-November-2004, 11:04 PM
I had those problems too. Although i got quite attached to my tail!
Me too :rofl: :o

Sheepman
5th-November-2004, 10:57 AM
Here's one from a couple of years ago, that seemed to have the desired affect!

drathzel
5th-November-2004, 11:45 AM
Me too :rofl: :o

i shall bring it with me next time we dance!!!

:rofl:

ToeTrampler
5th-November-2004, 12:53 PM
Here's one from a couple of years ago, that seemed to have the desired affect!

Now that's an interesting way to remove make-up. :wink:

baldrick
5th-November-2004, 07:56 PM
i shall bring it with me next time we dance!!!

:rofl:
Ooh cool, more evil dancing :devil: :clap:

Sheepman
8th-November-2004, 01:52 PM
Now that's an interesting way to remove make-up. :wink: And she managed to keep smiling throughout :eek:
But her identity has to remain secret, I wouldn't want her to be mobbed by make up wearing men . . .

Andy, put that foundation down!

Greg

Sparkles
8th-November-2004, 09:05 PM
As I said on another thread, in most of the photos I have of me I seem to be in fancy dress. Specifically looking at Hallowe'en though, I won a fancy-dress contest in this outfit when I was 9 years old! :na:
(Just to let you know, Keith and Sam were my dancing teachers back then... :whistle: )

S. x

Sheepman
8th-November-2004, 10:43 PM
Ah, now I see why you said blonde isn't your look! :devil: :whistle:

greg

Sparkles
8th-November-2004, 11:15 PM
Slightly more up to date Hallowe'en fancy dress...