PDA

View Full Version : Black nail varnish

Northants Girly
29th-October-2004, 12:16 AM
won't help halloween though, so I'll have to use make-up to make me look half dead .... hopefully with black eye liner, lipstick, nail varnishI know I ought to start a new thread but it takes too long on dial-up!
So - Question - Where does one buy black nail-varnish from? I've tryed Boots and no luck :sad:

MartinHarper
29th-October-2004, 12:27 AM
Where does one buy black nail-varnish from?

I think I got mine from Superdrug - any place with a large enough cosmetics selection should have a few token bottles in non-traditional colours. Around this time of year you can also try costume places, which should have a stock of black nail varnish and lipstick (also glow in the dark).

Lou
29th-October-2004, 07:19 AM
There was a Boots 17 Fast Finish in black earlier in the year.... but I have a horrid feeling that maybe they've stopped it, as I remember getting the last bottle from the shelf! I haven't looked since.

As Martin said - try Superdrug too. And costume/joke shops, or your local alternative clothes shop or market stall.

And if you don't get any luck with that - try Chanel's gorgeous Rouge Noir - not the flat black perhaps you were thinking of, but beautiful all the same. Think Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction.... :yum:

Tiggerbabe
29th-October-2004, 08:43 AM
Where does one buy black nail-varnish from?
Blast! If only I'd been on-line last night, I could have asked my 15 year old son where he gets his from :D I'll text him :hug: :D

Northants Girly
29th-October-2004, 10:07 AM
I know I ought to start a new thread but it takes too long on dial-up!This is really wierd - last night I sabotaged (I admit it) DianaS's thread "re moaning" cos I couldn't be bothered starting a new thread from home - and this morning . . . . some wonderful person (or magic!) has started a brand new thread for me - WOW! :grin: :flower:

ElaineB
29th-October-2004, 10:15 AM
My daughter wears black as well - thought I would be shocked - but I wasn't, coz I used to wear it when I was thirteen.

Only the best people wear/wore black nailvarnish, eh Lou? :clap: :clap:

Elaine

Will
29th-October-2004, 10:19 AM
I know I ought to start a new thread but it takes too long on dial-up!
So - Question - Where does one buy black nail-varnish from? I've tryed Boots and no luck :sad:
Have you tried PMing the Tramp?

Northants Girly
29th-October-2004, 10:21 AM
Have you tried PMing the Tramp?Why - is he a magician?? Or does he have the inside knowlwdge :what:

Trousers
29th-October-2004, 10:31 AM
So - Question - Where does one buy black nail-varnish from?

awww just use indelible pen - Save money

Northants Girly
29th-October-2004, 10:32 AM
awww just use indelible pen - Save money
Actually that's not such a bad idea - you could do that and then put clear varnish on top! :nice:

Lou
29th-October-2004, 10:48 AM
Only the best people wear/wore black nailvarnish, eh Lou? :clap: :clap:

Trouble is, my husband tends to nick it. MIBs, eh? :wink:

Magic Hans
29th-October-2004, 12:32 PM
I know I ought to start a new thread but it takes too long on dial-up!

Got mine from a bargain bucket type perfume and toiletries shop .... bit like a permanent market stall, like what Lou suggested!

Hope this helps!

Ian

Lory
29th-October-2004, 01:01 PM
My tip is... don't forget to buy a good nail vanish remover at the same time! :waycool:

cerocmetro
29th-October-2004, 04:27 PM
My tip is... don't forget to buy a good nail vanish remover at the same time! :waycool:

Got mine in Claires accecories (that does not look right, SPELL CHECK). don't ask

Adam