PDA

View Full Version : Where did my Forum go???

Franck
31st-October-2002, 01:49 AM
As the number and frequency of posts / threads increases and in an effort to make the Forum more manageable for all of us, I have created a couple of new areas for discussions.

- First of all, I have divided the Discussion Lounge into 3 parts:

Dance: anything to do with dancing...
Social events: any events about to happen
Chit Chat: anything else, the weather, gossip, favourite tv programme, good films, you name it, you can talk about it here.

- The Technical part of the Forum remains the same, with a Beginners, Intermediate and DJ section.

- Finally, in the light of recent posts, I have added a "Take it outside" section to the "Testing..." part of the forum where the more agressive amongst you can sort out issues without invading other threads...

Enjoy, and if you have any comments / suggestions to make, don't hesitate! :nice:

Franck.

filthycute
31st-October-2002, 02:29 AM
Great Franck!! :D thats so much better...now we can go off topic till our hearts are content :D

Thanks very much for putting my new avatar on :waycool:
Mucho appreciated.
Cheers for the design Paul :wink:

filthycute x x

Sandy
31st-October-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Franck
- Finally, in the light of recent posts, I have added a "Take it outside" section to the "Testing..." part of the forum where the more agressive amongst you can sort out issues without invading other threads...So it'll be a 'Gus and Dancing Veela' section then!:devil: Will it work the same taking them away from mainstream?? Like taking a fight outside a bar - no audience, dunno??

Only joking, no offence, too scared of the repercussion :sorry

Cheers

Sandy

Franck
31st-October-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by filthycute
Great Franck!! :D thats so much better...now we can go off topic till our hearts are content :D Don't even think about it! :wink:
This forum is reknowned for its relevant, technical, serious and above all on-topic posts. :D
Thanks very much for putting my new avatar on :waycool:
Mucho appreciated. No problem at all, is that avatar number 6?
:nice:

Franck.

P.S. Got your cheque today for the 10th Anniversary bash.

Dancing Veela
31st-October-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Sandy
So it'll be a 'Gus and Dancing Veela' section then!:devil: Will it work the same taking them away from mainstream?? Like taking a fight outside a bar - no audience, dunno??

Only joking, no offence, too scared of the repercussion :sorry

Cheers

Sandy

Sandy I don't know where you get the idea that I'm aggressive??? I'm just as much a pussy cat as FC :wink:

Gus
31st-October-2002, 12:43 PM
So it'll be a 'Gus and Dancing Veela' section then!:devil: Will it work the same taking them away from mainstream?? Like taking a fight outside a bar - no audience, dunno??

Sandy

Likewise DV .. HURT:sad:

Would have liked to think that rather han agrresive I merely used facts to make my point ... OK, and rampant sarcasm and bathos:devil:

CJ
31st-October-2002, 01:09 PM
Now Gus.

When have you EVER used facts to win an argument?

Outside, mate.

Gadget
31st-October-2002, 01:26 PM
So when does a heated debate become an issue to 'take it outside'? The forum is for sharing ideas and expressing opinions; wouldn't it be boring if everyone thought the same way? The only way I can see threads being shunted 'outside' is if the participants become abusive ~ then I presume that Franck would have to warn them or kick them off. If the participants want to debate things more aggressively off-forum, then they surely can use the private message utility?
...Or am I just getting it all wrong (again) ?

{BTW I think the Forum is great and Franck does an excellent job - I wouldn't be No1 poster if I didn't :sorry:D}

Oh- and what's the dots on the icons mean ?

CJ
31st-October-2002, 01:30 PM
But surely if arguments get to the point of pettiness, it becomes about egos and point scoring. So why win an argument by PM when you can name call publicly?

:D :D :D :D :D

Do agree though... taking it outside mat deter some of the forum's em, livlier discussions which would be a great pity.

Sandy
31st-October-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Dancing Veela

Sandy I don't know where you get the idea that I'm aggressive??? I'm just as much a pussy cat as FC :wink:

Well DV pussy cats do have nice big claws! As for FC - well cute and cuddly from the outside but have you seen her dance, a real tiger!! and greedy - well I don't know - she has already booked herself a dance with the famous Bill for next Tuesday!:reallymad

Pity I didn't get a chance to meet you at the championships but next time I'm down in Aberdeen I'll get someone to point you out!

Cheers

Sandy:wink:

John S
31st-October-2002, 02:18 PM
next time I'm down in AberdeenErrrr, Sandy, Aberdeen is actually where you dance every week - exactly what is in that glass you're drinking from?????
I'll get someone to point you out!Sandy, just ask me when you're at Dundee or at the Glasgow event, and I'll point out to you the famous Dancing Veela - if you haven't already spotted her by the trail of broken and exhausted men who've just danced with her and are now receiving emergency resuscitation. (BTW, good one on Wednesday, DV, I think I just about managed to keep up with you!)
:what:

Sandy
31st-October-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Gus

Likewise DV .. HURT:sad:

Would have liked to think that rather han agrresive I merely used facts to make my point ... OK, and rampant sarcasm and bathos:devil:

Eh well Gus, no guesses as to how you earned the "Devil's Advocate" title! I think you missed out "attitude" on the above qualities! Never a boring moment with you eh?

Cheers

Sandy:wink:

Sandy
31st-October-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by John S
[B]Errrr, Sandy, Aberdeen is actually where you dance every week - exactly what is in that glass you're drinking from?????[B]Actually I have just been down to Stonehaven harbour and as it was so warm and sunny I just had to nip into the Marine and get myself a lovely Bacardi Breezer - hard life eh:wink:

Sandy

Franck
31st-October-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
So when does a heated debate become an issue to 'take it outside'? The forum is for sharing ideas and expressing opinions; wouldn't it be boring if everyone thought the same way? The only way I can see threads being shunted 'outside' is if the participants become abusive ~ then I presume that Franck would have to warn them or kick them off. If the participants want to debate things more aggressively off-forum, then they surely can use the private message utility?
...Or am I just getting it all wrong (again) ?Not wrong at all, it is a highly subjective concept, but note that I am not censoring the posts / discussions. All I am doing is when, in my opinion, a thread becomes overly heated / personal or a slanging match between participants, I will move it to the "Outside" area, where people who enjoy a good fight can still do so, but those who like a more reasoned / peaceful discussion of the issues can ignore it and continue on the same topic!
This will also serve as a reminder to participants to keep discussions level-headed and friendly.
It is entirely possible that this area of the Forum will become even more interesting than some of the other areas, especially if you enjoy a "good and frank exchange of views" :wink:
As you say though, provided I notice it, any post that is abusive to anyone else will simply be removed altogether (I have another part of the Forum, invisible to all users but myself, called the "Rubbish bin" where these posts end up) and the sender notified / warned.

{BTW I think the Forum is great and Franck does an excellent job - I wouldn't be No1 poster if I didn't :sorry:D}

Oh- and what's the dots on the icons mean ? Thanks Gadget, spotted you on Tuesday (I think) but did not get a chance to chat!

The dots on the icons mean that you have posted / contributed to that thread.

Franck. :nice:

Jayne
31st-October-2002, 02:45 PM
The dots on the icons mean that you have posted / contributed to that thread.Am I stupid or is that a new feature?

Jayne :confused:

Sandy
31st-October-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
Am I stupid or is that a new feature?

Jayne :confused:

If you are your'e not alone! Just spotted what they are on about!

Sandy

Franck
31st-October-2002, 02:49 PM
Am I stupid or is that a new feature?

Jayne :confused: Is this a trick question? :really: :wink:

Only kidding Jayne. This is new. The feature existed before but was not activated... I am not sure I like it, but it does help sorting out threads when there are so many posts to keep up with! :nice:

Franck.

Jayne
31st-October-2002, 02:55 PM
Is this a trick question? :really: :wink:

Franck.

huh? splutter! splutter!

You'd best be careful otherwise you might "accidentally" get kicked on sunday!!!

Jayne
:wink:

Franck
31st-October-2002, 02:58 PM
huh? splutter! splutter!

You'd best be careful otherwise you might "accidentally" get kicked on sunday!!! You know I don't mean it really, honest :devil: :wink:

And would the accidental kicking be part of a new improvisation effort on your part? :D
I'll make sure to give you plenty of room to improvise! :really:

Franck.

Jayne
31st-October-2002, 03:03 PM
You know I don't mean it really, honest :devil: :wink:

And would the accidental kicking be part of a new improvisation effort on your part? :D
I'll make sure to give you plenty of room to improvise! :really:

Franck.

aye, that's as good as my improvisation gets!!

Jayne

Dancing Veela
31st-October-2002, 05:35 PM
just ask me when you're at Dundee or at the Glasgow event,

Sorry no Glasgow event for me - I'm too busy keeping my husband happy ..........by going out with him that evening!!!!!!!

and I'll point out to you the famous Dancing Veela - if you haven't already spotted her by the trail of broken and exhausted men who've just danced with her and are now receiving emergency resuscitation. (BTW, good one on Wednesday, DV, I think I just about managed to keep up with you!)
:what:

I enjoyed our dance John but I don't know what you are trying to say about my dancing when I leave a trail of broken men behind me???????? It's the men who set the pace and choose the moves they put me into - so it must be their fault (as it always is in Ceroc!!!!) :wink:

Heather
31st-October-2002, 07:27 PM
:wink: :wink: Don't you mean No1 Imposter?? If you check the Top 20 posters , Gadget, I think you'll find out that Franck is the Number 1 Poster,I can't see your name in the Top 20 anywhere!!!
Sorry to burst your blister... I mean bubble!!!!!!:tears: :tears:
:cheers:
Heather

John S
31st-October-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Dancing Veela

I enjoyed our dance John but I don't know what you are trying to say about my dancing when I leave a trail of broken men behind me???????? It's the men who set the pace and choose the moves they put me into - so it must be their fault (as it always is in Ceroc!!!!) :wink:

Nothing really to do with this thread, but an interesting point.

Agreed that I might choose a move, but it's often up to the lady and her own ability (and maybe the opportunity given her by the man) what she then does with it and how she interprets it. So in a fast dance track with an above-average dancer (like you, DV) I might choose a ladyspin, but if she then spins round 3 or 4 times when I'm used to the "average" lady spinning once or at most twice then I realise I have to really raise my game to survive!!!!

The comment was actually born out of admiration for your dancing ability, DV, and was certainly NOT meant as a criticism - sorry if it came out that way, the red roses are on their way!!!

Heather
31st-October-2002, 10:37 PM
:D :D " Nothing to do with this thread"!!!!!!!:wink: :wink:
Now why doesn't that surprise me?

"admiration for your dancing ability", "Not a critisism", " Sorry"
" Red roses on their way"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Be careful John, you'll wear your tongue out!!!!!!!!:wink: :wink:
Heather

Gadget
1st-November-2002, 12:58 AM
Thanks Gadget, spotted you on Tuesday (I think) but did not get a chance to chat!
No time to chat; too busy dancing :D
...OK Tues I was too busy trying to re-learn how to dance with leather soles without falling on my butt or dragging my partner about too much :sorry - Anyway, that's what this forum is for: never get a chance to chat otherwise.:grin:

Gadget
1st-November-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Heather
Don't you mean No1 Imposter?? If you check the Top 20 posters , Gadget, I think you'll find out that Franck is the Number 1 Poster
erm... I've only been posting for less than a month ~ no way I could match a year's worth of posts in that time!!! I was going by the PPD count.

'Imposter' indeed. Poser perhaps, but that's getting back on topic for this forum, so I will have to stop.:wink:

John S
1st-November-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Heather
:D :D " Nothing to do with this thread"!!!!!!!:wink: :wink:
Now why doesn't that surprise me?

"admiration for your dancing ability", "Not a critisism ", " Sorry"
" Red roses on their way"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Be careful John, you'll wear your tongue out!!!!!!!!:wink: :wink:
Heather LOOK, EVERYBODY, A SPELLING MISTAKE IN HEATHER'S MESSAGE!!!!!!! HURRAH - RAISE THE FLAG!!! NONE OF US NEED EVER WORRY AGAIN ABOUT WHAT WE TYPE - MISS BOSSY'S CREDIBILITY IS SHOT THROUGH!!!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :wink:

Tiggerbabe
1st-November-2002, 02:32 AM
LOOK, EVERYBODY, A SPELLING MISTAKE IN HEATHER'S MESSAGE!!!!!!! HURRAH - RAISE THE FLAG!!! NONE OF US NEED EVER WORRY AGAIN ABOUT WHAT WE TYPE - MISS BOSSY'S CREDIBILITY IS SHOT THROUGH!!!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :wink: John S - it was nice to have known you. :tears: :tears:

( You are either very brave or very foolish - YOU DECIDE!:wink: )

Sandy
1st-November-2002, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
John S - it was nice to have known you. :tears: :tears:

( You are either very brave or very foolish - YOU DECIDE!:wink: ) Oh oh John, maybe you won't be back in Aberdeen after all! Bye bye:tears:

Sandy

PS now that you will be "incapacitated" you won't be needing your hotel room - can I have it!!:devil:

John S
1st-November-2002, 12:31 PM
Ah - now I understand those messages of condolence I've been receiving from people concerned about my welfare!!!

(Would love to be a fly on the wall when Heather reads all this, but I suspect she would then swat me!!)

Time to be afraid - very afraid!!

:sad: :sick:

Dancing Veela
1st-November-2002, 02:25 PM

The comment was actually born out of admiration for your dancing ability, DV, and was certainly NOT meant as a criticism - sorry if it came out that way, the red roses are on their way!!!

It's ok John, I didn't take it anyother way, I know you wouldn't be horrible (well except to Heather!!!!!!!!!). However the red roses would be nice anyway

:grin:

Heather
2nd-November-2002, 12:32 AM
:wink: :wink: I never said I was perfect!!!!! And anyway just to show you that I can spell the word is Criticism !!!!!!
At least I can correct my mistakes!!!
SO John, how do you plan to correct the VERY BIG mistake you made!!!!!:wink: :wink: Just remember the Little Team Get-together is coming up !!!!! I'll deal with you then!!!!
In the meantime write out (in blood) 100 times,
" I must not dare to CRITICIZE Heather".
:sick:
Heather( In a very critical mood):reallymad :wink: