PDA

View Full Version : Forum persona vs. Real life personality

Sparkles
27th-October-2004, 01:16 AM
Now the BFG has come and gone I was just wondering what people thought of each other's personalities in real life and online...?

Graham
27th-October-2004, 07:04 AM
I think most people are broadly similar online and in person, although several are more talkative here than in person. There have only been one or two I've found really different than I'd expected.

drathzel
27th-October-2004, 08:56 AM
I think most people are broadly similar online and in person, although several are more talkative here than in person. There have only been one or two I've found really different than I'd expected.

I was told that i am different. I am actually nice in real life (quoted by a gentleman, who shall remain nameles, at the BFG) I thought i was pretty much consistantly not nice! :what:

Trousers
27th-October-2004, 09:02 AM
I've never met my real personality.
Some people have said I haven't got one. :(

Gadget
27th-October-2004, 09:15 AM
:whistle: I'm dancing - I don't have time to talk! {That's why I talk here}

Graham
27th-October-2004, 09:44 AM
I was told that i am different. I am actually nice in real life (quoted by a gentleman, who shall remain nameles, at the BFG) I thought i was pretty much consistantly not nice! :what:
He told you that? :really: I think he must have had some ulterior motive! :wink: I find you very similar online and in real life. :grin:

cheeks
27th-October-2004, 09:54 AM
Now the BFG has come and gone I was just wondering what people thought of each other's personalities in real life and online...?

Everyone I met at BFG and 7 sins were as lovely in person :whistle: :hug:

Although very difficult I guess as to busy dancing and is it not true that many of the opposite sex find it difficult to concentrate on dancing,leading and talking............ :hug: :flower:

OOPS! :rofl:

Sparkles
27th-October-2004, 09:56 AM
Just something else I've also been thinking about in relation to all this is that people's personalities really affect the way they dance - I guess this is a very obvious thing to say, but if you think you know what people are like from what they say on the forum and then you meet them and dance with them and find out they're not quite what you expected it can be an interesting experience...

Graham
27th-October-2004, 10:00 AM
is it not true that many of the opposite sex find it difficult to concentrate on dancing,leading and talking............
Perhaps roles should be reversed: in my experience many women find no difficulty in combining dancing with talking and leading :what: :wink:

Sparkles
27th-October-2004, 10:12 AM
Perhaps roles should be reversed: in my experience many women find no difficulty in combining dancing with talking and leading :what: :wink:

Ah, the benefits of being able to multi-task :wink: :waycool:

Lory
27th-October-2004, 10:42 AM
Good topic! :grin:

My experiences of meeting people have been wildly different, some have turned out to be just as I'd imagined and hoped they'd be. :hug:

Some were warmer, friendlier, livelier and more vivacious in person and much better dancers than the impression they'd given me on here, which was a lovely surprise. (including women) :clap:

And a few have fallen short of my expectations, not in a nasty way, it's just they may have plenty to say on here, which is often very funny and witty and I always love reading their posts, then in person, they've turned out to be quite shy. ;)

And then there are others who talk a lot about technique, style and musicality and I just had the impression they were going to be the most unbelievably fantastic dancers! And then they've just turned out to be OK :rolleyes:

I've really enjoyed meeting the ones I've met so far and it's been great to be able to picture them, when I read the posts! :kiss:

Graham
27th-October-2004, 10:56 AM
Just something else I've also been thinking about in relation to all this is that people's personalities really affect the way they dance - I guess this is a very obvious thing to say, but if you think you know what people are like from what they say on the forum and then you meet them and dance with them and find out they're not quite what you expected it can be an interesting experience...
Do you think so? I find it very difficult to imagine how someone would dance from their personality. Most women who are cheeky/flirty online are also cheeky/flirty when they dance, but I can't say I've noticed much correlation in any other respect. Maybe there's a gender difference at work here?

MartinHarper
27th-October-2004, 10:59 AM
There are others who talk a lot about technique, style and musicality and I just had the impression they were going to be the most unbelievably fantastic dancers! And then they've just turned out to be OK

Hmm... those who can, dance; those who can't, talk about dancing?

Lynn
27th-October-2004, 11:00 AM
I've really enjoyed meeting the ones I've met so far... :yeah:
Its been so nice to meet other forumites :hug: I've been impressed by the friendliness of some and had some lovely dances (guys) and chats about shoes etc (girls). I feel rather isolated here in a country with no MJ and its been very nice when I have ventured 'across the water' to feel a part of the wider dance community through forum folk. Also lovely to find that the helpful comments and friendly attitude on the forum have been followed up with actions (a couple of examples that spring to mind are LL's visit to Belfast to run a workshop :clap: and Andy McG's hospitality at Britroc and giving me a taste of being in a competition :hug: ).

cheeks
27th-October-2004, 11:29 AM
Ah, the benefits of being able to multi-task :wink: :waycool:

:clap:

drathzel
27th-October-2004, 11:34 AM
He told you that? :really: I think he must have had some ulterior motive! :wink: I find you very similar online and in real life. :grin:
i dont know whether that is a compliment or something else? :sick:

Zebra Woman
27th-October-2004, 11:35 AM
Most people seem pretty similar in real life, but there have been a few exceptions.

Before I joined the forum I would spend the whole evening dancing and hardly talk to anyone new. Now I find I am always talking to friends or meeting new people. I think I find out the most about a person by the way they dance with me. To me that is much more revealing than all this typing. As they say (90% body language, 10% what you say ).

That said, the forum has shown me how very different we all are, and if I read and read I can understand most people and appreciate them for who they are.

I really like the way that my very first dance with a member of the Forum can be more relaxed because I know enough about them to feel comfortable already. That's really nice. :cheers:

Agree with Lory though ....sometimes their dancing isn't quite what I'm expecting. Usually it's much better..... :worthy:

Alison :flower:

drathzel
27th-October-2004, 11:36 AM
:yeah:
Its been so nice to meet other forumites :hug: I've been impressed by the friendliness of some and had some lovely dances (guys) and chats about shoes etc (girls). I feel rather isolated here in a country with no MJ and its been very nice when I have ventured 'across the water' to feel a part of the wider dance community through forum folk. Also lovely to find that the helpful comments and friendly attitude on the forum have been followed up with actions (a couple of examples that spring to mind are LL's visit to Belfast to run a workshop :clap: and Andy McG's hospitality at Britroc and giving me a taste of being in a competition :hug: ).

I agree with you that most of the forumites i have met are really nice! We'll have to do somehting about the isolation you are living in? Any ideas?..... We could have a forum gathering over there!!! :hug:

Graham
27th-October-2004, 11:45 AM
i dont know whether that is a compliment or something else? :sick:
I know :rofl: :devil:

drathzel
27th-October-2004, 11:48 AM
I know :rofl: :devil:
i'm hurt!!!! :tears:

Daisy Chain
27th-October-2004, 12:14 PM
....people's personalities really affect the way they dance

I think that my style is very prim and proper although I can't be sure as I've never seen it :blush: :blush:

Daisy

(aka Shrinking Violent)

Graham
27th-October-2004, 12:16 PM
i'm hurt!!!! :tears:
Awwww :hug: :wink:

Lynn
27th-October-2004, 12:34 PM
We'll have to do somehting about the isolation you are living in? Any ideas?..... We could have a forum gathering over there!!! :hug: Well there have been 2 forumites in NI in the last 3 months... but its only ever one at a time! You and I can have our own mini forum gathering at Christmas!

Any forumites ever coming to Belfast for any reason are of course very welcome and I'll do my best to arrange some dancing!

Gadget
27th-October-2004, 01:16 PM
My experiences of meeting people have been wildly different, some have turned out to be just as I'd imagined and hoped they'd be. :hug:
Please tell me I'm not the only paranoid one that read Lory's post and wondered which cattegory I fell into :blush: :tears:

Erm... there is no cattegory for "I have no idea who in reality matches up to who in virtuality and who I've danced with" :blush: I don't presume to know anything about anyone's ability from what's posted on here - I only go by the dance I lead the lady through at that moment in time.

Sheepman
27th-October-2004, 01:25 PM
This is something I have often wondered about in the past, although more along the lines of "can you determine somebody's personality from the way they dance?" I long ago decided it was rubbish, that you couldn't. Dancing is all (?) about putting on an act, making someone believe something that isn't true (even if you feel it is true for those 3 minutes.)
Nowadays I'm not so sure, and I think that perhaps the core of someone's personality has to come through in their dancing. But don't you have to reach a certain level of expertise before you are able to express yourself? I know that what I do in my head, and what my body actually does on the floor, are vastly different!
And aren't we different things to different people? So that would be reflected in dancing in different ways with different partners, well I suppose that's true as well.

Greg

latinlover
27th-October-2004, 01:54 PM
I have found that I've learnt alot more about certain people from the forum that I would never have discovered whilst dancing. for instance I have found that some people who I thought were distant and stuck-up :D are actually very nice(no clues)
I just never get into conversation whilst dancing -especially not with men as they don't ask me to dance. :wink: so I really like the forum as a way of meeting and conversing with like-minded dancers

as for whether the personality is reflected in the dance....? I think it's more "in the eye of the beholder",as it were....

Personally I try to adapt my dancing to a) the music, and b) my partner.....
so does that make me a dancing chameleon?
if I was dancing a latin number with a new partner ,their first impression of me would (hopefully) be that I am passionate,fiery and intense :whistle:

if it was a fast boogie-woogie like "tail feather",hopefully they would think I was a lot of fun and very rough :grin:

And if I was dancing to "call on me " by Eric Prydz (which I probably wouldn't be) they would probably think I was boring stuck-up a*hole who didn't want to dance with them at all! :rofl:

if it was a sultry blues number they might get altogether the wrong impression :waycool: :drool: :rofl:

stewart38
27th-October-2004, 03:52 PM
Please tell me I'm not the only paranoid one that read Lory's post and wondered which cattegory I fell into :blush: :tears:

Your not :sick:

Dreadful Scathe
27th-October-2004, 04:30 PM
I have found that some people who I thought were distant and stuck-up :D are actually very nice(no clues)

aww thanks :D

latinlover
27th-October-2004, 04:36 PM
aww thanks :D

you only count as distant!

Dreadful Scathe
27th-October-2004, 04:38 PM
you only count as distant!
well I AM in Scotland :)

Sparkles
28th-October-2004, 12:09 AM
I really like the way that my very first dance with a member of the Forum can be more relaxed because I know enough about them to feel comfortable already. That's really nice. :cheers:

I like this too! It's one of the main things that has encouraged me to go to more and more dancing venues and events - knowing that it's likely I'll meet some people from the forum, whether I know them already or not, is always an incentive because everyone is so friendly :hug:

if I was dancing a latin number with a new partner ,their first impression of me would (hopefully) be that I am passionate,fiery and intense

:worthy: you certainly are :drool: :flower:

Nowadays I'm not so sure, and I think that perhaps the core of someone's personality has to come through in their dancing.

It's funny you should say that. When I started dancing (again, after a bit of a break) I found that it was as much as I could cope with to keep up with my partner and the music. Then as 'in my mind' I got better I think I conciously started to try and project myself more and get more involved with the people and the dancing; I think it was a confidence thing.
Now I think that rather than projecting how I'd like to be when I'm dancing I'm much more able to be myself (as worrying as that may be for my partners :eek: ) and I think my 'core personality' is definitely showing through more - maybe some of you who know me can say if you think that I'm right here ro not?
Just to get deep and meaningful for a second though, I think the main factor in my shift in attitude is mainly due to the fact I feel so much more comfortable when I go dancing now. I know that I'm amongst friends and can relax, and that is what makes a night out dancing so special for me :flower:.

S. x

CJ
28th-October-2004, 09:30 AM

And a few have fallen short of my expectations, not in a nasty way, it's just they may have plenty to say on here, which is often very funny and witty and I always love reading their posts, then in person, they've turned out to be quite shy. ;)

Damn!!! Sussed again :what:

:o

Graham
28th-October-2004, 09:48 AM
a few have fallen short of my expectations
You must be used to it by now, surely, CJ? :wink:

jivecat
28th-October-2004, 09:48 AM

Lory, you are naughty, you've got us all wondering now! :hug: :flower:

Lory
28th-October-2004, 10:34 AM
Lory, you are naughty, you've got us all wondering now! :hug: :flower: My lips are sealed! :innocent:

:Evil snigger!: :D :rofl:

Minnie M
28th-October-2004, 10:51 AM

Some were warmer, friendlier, livelier and more vivacious in person and much better dancers than the impression they'd given me on here, which was a lovely surprise. (including women) :clap:

And then there are others who talk a lot about technique, style and musicality and I just had the impression they were going to be the most unbelievably fantastic dancers! And then they've just turned out to be OK :rolleyes:

I've really enjoyed meeting the ones I've met so far and it's been great to be able to picture them, when I read the posts! :kiss:

Go Lory - agree totally with ALL your post :yeah: :flower:

On the more positive side some forumites (ones I new before) have earned my utmost respect, with their knowledge, eloquence and sense of fun, which I had seen or even thought about on the dance floor - I now see them in a different light - it all adds to the joy and experience of dance :yeah:

Lynn
28th-October-2004, 11:47 AM
A few forumites have seemed quite different from their forum persona, but there are none that I have liked less when I have met them in ‘reality’. Most are even nicer!

You do feel as if you get to know someone a bit from the forum, so when you do meet them there is an existing connection – they aren’t strangers (OK, some are stranger than others… :wink: ). Looking forward to seeing some friendly forum faces again on my next trip 'across the water' :clap:

jivecat
28th-October-2004, 11:48 AM
It's all a bit complicated really, as how people see me in real life might be very different from how I might see myself. And as for how I might be seen in cyberspace....... Anyway, friends/ relatives/ colleagues/ boyfriends have variously described me as fierce, intense, sensible, well-balanced, eccentric, creative, lazy, hard-working, adventurous, dippy, & selfish. I realise this is a list of mainly positives, (and somewhat contradictory) , but then, they wouldn't tell me the other stuff, would they?
However, I think I'm shy, reticent and mouse-like, scared of most people!

I think we need to go back to that fascinating thread, "What does your dancing say about you?" I'm surprised we had so little to say about that, I'm going to work on it.

Bardsey
28th-October-2004, 11:56 AM
Most people seem pretty similar in real life, but there have been a few exceptions.

Before I joined the forum I would spend the whole evening dancing and hardly talk to anyone new. Now I find I am always talking to friends or meeting new people.
Alison :flower:

I like this about the Forum too. Its great to go to a venue or event and meet up with people who you've never actually met before, but who feel like friends you see each day! I just love it when I meet new forumites and we are all (mostly), well me anyway, all excited and give each other a hug, have a chat and a laugh, have a dance and it all feels really relaxed, warm and comforting (or is that my hot water bottle.......time of life you know, I get confused these days!). I've made some really good friends on the Forum, they may live far away from me, but we see each other and talk, even more so sometimes than friends who live round the corner! Viva le Forum!!! (I'm guessing its male.......Franck and all that!)

Lynn
28th-October-2004, 12:22 PM
I like this about the Forum too. Its great to go to a venue or event and meet up with people who you've never actually met before, but who feel like friends you see each day! It’s thanks to you that I have met so many other forumites – through the forumite reception at Southport (thanks to Johnah too!) and you introducing me to other formuites… who then introduced me to other forumites…

So thanks! :hug:

Lynn

Bardsey
28th-October-2004, 12:26 PM
It’s thanks to you that I have met so many other forumites – through the forumite reception at Southport (thanks to Johnah too!) and you introducing me to other formuites… who then introduced me to other forumites…

Lynn

Aww shucks ma'am it weren't nothin' ! :blush: Anyway, you're such a sweetie, it was a pleasure! :flower:

Sheepman
28th-October-2004, 01:58 PM
I'm much more able to be myself :eek: Help! :eek: :wink:

and I think my 'core personality' is definitely showing through more - maybe some of you who know me can say if you think that I'm right here ro not?
That's a really difficult one to answer, because surely with almost anyone you dance with, your dancing changes as you get to know how they dance, and possibly even more as you get to know their personality too? So it is impossible for me to say e.g. if the difference between our first ever dance, and our last dance, is due to us knowing better how we dance, or if it is because you are more confident in letting your personality show through.

Greg

Minnie M
28th-October-2004, 02:04 PM
............. you're such a sweetie....

It was great meeting you too Jill :flower: :hug: lots of forumites at Southport I have never met and ALL really really nice folk and great dancers too :really: - makes you feel good to be part of this forum - (thanks to Franck :flower: :worthy: )

Bardsey
28th-October-2004, 02:20 PM

It was great meeting you too Jill :flower: :hug: lots of forumites at Southport I have never met and ALL really really nice folk and great dancers too :really: - makes you feel good to be part of this forum - (thanks to Franck :flower: :worthy: )

Me too Linda :flower: I don't know about the rest of you, but before I started to meet other forumites, I got this picture in my head of certain ones and I thought they would be a bit "hotshotish" if you know what I mean. I felt a bit intimidated before meeting them, especially ones who are dance teachers or competition winners etc. Now I wonder why I was so bothered! I have to admit that people like Rachel, Mark, David & Lily B, besides a few others I could name, whose dance reputation preceded them (you know you see these ballroom dancers on TV who look so stuck up etc) well I have to admit, that's what I was expecting. Then I met David and Lily in Aberdeen and Rachel at Southport and they are all fabulous! Such lovely people and so happy to meet me too! AND David always seems happy to dance with me (even asks me sometimes WOW).

So all I can say to any forumites who haven't met any of us yet that we ARE all friendly and we don't bite (well only if you don't share your chololate!)

Jill x :flower:

Rachel
28th-October-2004, 03:57 PM
Me too Linda :flower: I don't know about the rest of you, but before I started to meet other forumites, I got this picture in my head of certain ones and I thought they would be a bit "hotshotish" if you know what I mean. I felt a bit intimidated before meeting them, especially ones who are dance teachers or competition winners etc. Now I wonder why I was so bothered! I have to admit that people like Rachel, Mark, David & Lily B, besides a few others I could name, whose dance reputation preceded them (you know you see these ballroom dancers on TV who look so stuck up etc) well I have to admit, that's what I was expecting. Then I met David and Lily in Aberdeen and Rachel at Southport and they are all fabulous! Such lovely people and so happy to meet me too! AND David always seems happy to dance with me (even asks me sometimes WOW).

So all I can say to any forumites who haven't met any of us yet that we ARE all friendly and we don't bite (well only if you don't share your chololate!)

Jill x :flower: Aw, Jill, you don't mean me, do you? And - dance reputation??? :rofl:

I loved finally gettting to talk to you at Southport - and there was me who was actually too nervous to go up and introduce myself to you at the previous Southport when Mikey identified you as you collected your Most Glamorous Lady prize.

Absolutely agree with everyone - the forum is a wonderful thing!
Rachel

latinlover
28th-October-2004, 04:00 PM
Aw, Jill, you don't mean me, do you? And - dance reputation??? :rofl: Rachel

Rachel stoppit!!
you are a great dancer :worthy: and a lovely person :clap:
ACCEPT IT, WE ALLL LIKE YOU!!!! :kiss: :hug: :flower:

Bardsey
28th-October-2004, 04:05 PM
Aw, Jill, you don't mean me, do you? And - dance reputation??? :rofl:

I loved finally gettting to talk to you at Southport - and there was me who was actually too nervous to go up and introduce myself to you at the previous Southport when Mikey identified you as you collected your Most Glamorous Lady prize.

Absolutely agree with everyone - the forum is a wonderful thing!
Rachel

Yes Rachel.....I do mean you! When I saw you and Mark dancing, I realised just how you came to have such a good dance reputation...wow!

You nervous of talking to me? :rofl: :rofl: Well I'm just so glad we finally both plucked up the courage :flower:

Rachel
Rachel stoppit!!
ACCEPT IT, WE ALLL LIKE YOU!!!! :kiss: :hug: :flower: you must be my biggest fan - I'm gonna have to get Marc to take some lessons! I don't know what I did to deserve it from someone like you ... but I like it!
;) :flower:
R.

Rhythm King
Rachel stoppit!!
ACCEPT IT, WE ALL LIKE YOU!!!! :kiss: :hug: :flower:
R-K x

Rachel
28th-October-2004, 04:07 PM
... Well I'm just so glad we finally both plucked up the courage :flower: Me too!! Hope to see you again next time, if not before!
Rachel x

Zebra Woman
28th-October-2004, 04:10 PM
It’s thanks to you that I have met so many other forumites – through the forumite reception at Southport .....and you introducing me to other formuites… who then introduced me to other forumites…

Lynn
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: VIVA BARDSEY!!! :clap: :kiss: :cheers: :worthy: :flower:

Alison xx

Bardsey
28th-October-2004, 04:14 PM
:yeah: VIVA BARDSEY!!! :clap: :kiss: :cheers: :worthy: :flower:

Alison xx

Awww :blush: :D Thank you Alison. I'll be running for President next, you just watch :rofl:

Lynn
28th-October-2004, 05:55 PM
I'll be running for President next, you just watch :rofl: Yeah! Bardsey for President! :clap:

Andy McGregor
28th-October-2004, 06:17 PM

And what's wrong with us shy forumites?

Sparkles
28th-October-2004, 06:36 PM

*Cough* *splutter* *cough* *cough*...
I just spat my tea everywhere! :rofl:

Minnie M
28th-October-2004, 06:40 PM
you are a great dancer :worthy: and a lovely person :clap: ACCEPT IT, WE ALLL LIKE YOU!!!! :kiss: :hug: :flower:

Including my son and his friends :kiss: :D :cool:

foxylady
28th-October-2004, 10:03 PM

I also agree with

Before I joined the forum I would spend the whole evening dancing and hardly talk to anyone new. Now I find I am always talking to friends or meeting new people. I think I find out the most about a person by the way they dance with me. To me that is much more revealing than all this typing. As they say (90% body language, 10% what you say ).

and I love the fact that its opened up my dancing circle in a ways I wouldn't have imagined..... and I have met and danced with some gorgeous scottish men that I would not have otherwise come across..... :drool:

But my forum personality ? hmmmm well I'm not sure I say enough for it to say anything, other than I only post when I have something to say, and I ,usually, don't witter on about nonsense;

my dancing personality is another thing entirely and is probably my 'truest' form... :wink: My away from dancing persona is so completely different I doubt people would recognise me !!

Foxy

Dreadful Scathe
29th-October-2004, 09:13 AM
quite right Andy - we cant all be sparkly at every moment of the day :) nothing wrong with being shy and quiet

Lynn
29th-October-2004, 09:23 AM
And what's wrong with us shy forumites? :rofl: :rofl:

(Course I really am shy... :blush: )

TheTramp
29th-October-2004, 09:42 AM
(Course I really am shy... :blush: )
Me too.... :blush:

Trampy

Bardsey
29th-October-2004, 10:56 AM
Me too.... :blush:

Trampy

And me.....but then you all know that! :devil: :innocent:

Gadget
29th-October-2004, 11:13 AM
Would everyone who's shy please step forward... :D

TheTramp
29th-October-2004, 11:27 AM
Would everyone who's shy please step forward... :D
No thanks. If it's okie with you, I'll just be over here. Behind this pillar. Thank you. Carry on...

Trampy

Andy McGregor
29th-October-2004, 11:42 AM
No thanks. If it's okie with you, I'll just be over here. Behind this pillar. Thank you. Carry on...

Trampy

That's not a pillar, that's under par :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
29th-October-2004, 11:44 AM
how is theTramp hiding behind him then ? Is UnderPar wearing a huge colonial style dress and Trampy is hiding under the skirts ?

TheTramp
29th-October-2004, 11:46 AM
That's not a pillar, that's under par :wink:
Same difference.... :devil: :hug:

Trampy

Andy McGregor
29th-October-2004, 12:59 PM
how is theTramp hiding behind him then ? Is UnderPar wearing a huge colonial style dress and Trampy is hiding under the skirts ?

I think it's a tutu :sick:

Graham
29th-October-2004, 01:14 PM
I think it's a tutu :sick:
Trampy's hiding under a tutu? Must be a very bi............ :wink:

Lory
29th-October-2004, 01:39 PM
sexual? :whistle:

TheTramp
29th-October-2004, 01:48 PM
Did I ever say that we missed you on the forum, and you should come back?? God, how stupid was I?? :whistle: :hug:

Trampy

Minnie M
29th-October-2004, 02:12 PM
Trampy's hiding under a tutu? Must be a very bi............ :whistle:

he he he
:rofl:
Has this got something to do with the "Tremors" thread ( http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3887&highlight=tremor ) :whistle:

drathzel
30th-October-2004, 12:34 PM
Did I ever say that we missed you on the forum, and you should come back?? God, how stupid was I?? :whistle: :hug:

Trampy

What tutu? i want to see it!

Lynn
30th-October-2004, 01:25 PM
What tutu? i want to see it! UP's tutu? Anyone got any pics from Southport? :wink: (I didn't see it either!)

Bangers & Mash
30th-October-2004, 05:25 PM
Hmm... people in real life?

Well, the forum has been a great way to spread out and meet peoplevirtually before meeting them in real life which is a nice ice-breaker when you finally get to the venue.

I often think that a rogue's gallery would be useful because there are forumites that I would like to grab for a dance when I get to a venue but don't know who they are.

My experiences of meeting forumites in real life has been great.

Some have been prettier than I imagined
Some have been quieter than I imagined
All have been as nice as I expected
All have been very confident (I think the forum does that for people)

What a great bunch of people with such a great common interest. :clap: :clap:

:worthy:

Gojive
30th-October-2004, 05:29 PM
I often think that a rogue's gallery would be useful because there are forumites that I would like to grab for a dance when I get to a venue but don't know who they are.

:yeah: Great idea B&M......so long as I'm not in it! :eek:

Tiggerbabe
30th-October-2004, 07:42 PM
UP's tutu? ................... (I didn't see it either!)
*sigh* I was stood right next to it, whilst the cabarets were on :D

baldrick
30th-October-2004, 08:32 PM
*sigh* I was stood right next to it, whilst the cabarets were on :D
Thats odd. Usually standing next to someone in an eyecatching outfit has huge effects on their concentration. :wink:

Minnie M
31st-October-2004, 01:08 AM
...... a rogue's gallery would be useful..........There is a thread with our photos (some of us) on - forgotten what it is :blush:

Tiggerbabe
31st-October-2004, 01:57 AM
Think this (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1738) could be the one you're thinking of Minnie :hug:

Minnie M
31st-October-2004, 03:09 AM
Think this (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1738) could be the one you're thinking of Minnie :hug:

yep - that's the one, thanks Tiggs :yeah: :kiss: :hug:

Sparkles
31st-October-2004, 03:36 AM
Hmmm, am now wondering what to do... in all the pics of me (that I have on my computer) I'm in fancy dress... and now I've actually considered it I'm beginning to think this is slightly odd :sick:
Andy, can you come and stand next to me so that I can appear normal again please? :devil: :flower:

Sheepman
1st-November-2004, 03:36 PM
... in all the pics of me (that I have on my computer) I'm in fancy dress... Sounds to me like it's time for a "Sparkles in fancy dress" thread :wink:

Sparkles
2nd-November-2004, 12:53 AM
Sounds to me like it's time for a "Sparkles in fancy dress" thread :wink:

Uh oh... what have I let myself in for. :o

TheTramp
2nd-November-2004, 01:10 AM
Uh oh... what have I let myself in for. :o
Lots of rep points possibly... :worthy:

Trampy

drathzel
2nd-November-2004, 09:35 AM
Lots of rep points possibly... :worthy:

Trampy

TT, you are a lot nicer in person! :hug:

Raul
20th-June-2007, 12:06 AM
I have to tell you that I am extremely quiet and modest on the Forum unlike the real special person that i am outside - Super intelligent, very handsome, women queue up to dance with me and i have a crowd of admirers following me around - who can blame them.

My brother Woodface is exactly the reverse. :devil:

Lee Bartholomew
20th-June-2007, 11:05 AM
My brother Woodface is exactly the reverse. :devil:

You wish you were my brother. :na: