PDA

View Full Version : Desert Island Moves

MartinHarper
26th-October-2004, 11:16 AM
I'm told that it ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it - so five moves that are lead well are better than fifty moves that are lead dubiously.

If you restricted yourself to just five different moves for a whole night's dancing, which five would you choose?

Franck
26th-October-2004, 11:25 AM
I'm told that it ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it - so five moves that are lead well are better than fifty moves that are lead dubiously.

If you restricted yourself to just five different moves for a whole night's dancing, which five would you choose?I think I do already :D

I would probably be happy to limit myself to:

First Move
Manspin
Yoyo
Basket

and of course...... all the COMB variations :D

As long as I was able to play with the timing and variations of all the above!

Zebra Woman
26th-October-2004, 11:52 AM
Hey that sounds great, I'm with Franck...

He is the king of combs :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

MartinHarper
26th-October-2004, 12:02 PM
all the COMB variations

Hey, I said "five moves". Not "five types of move". If you want five different comb variations, you'll have to forgo everything else... so there!

Daisy Chain
26th-October-2004, 12:05 PM
Hey, I said "five moves". Not "five types of move". If you want five different comb variations, you'll have to forgo everything else... so there!

Suits me. I'd like to be seduced all night :wink: Are there 5 different ways? *hurriedly* Naturally, it would depend with whom I was stranded on this desert island :eek: , might have to amend my choice to a variety of trains and other less intimate moves

A Not Quite So Desperate Daisy

Franck
26th-October-2004, 12:20 PM
Hey, I said "five moves". Not "five types of move". If you want five different comb variations, you'll have to forgo everything else... so there!Well, :D not that it would be a chore for me :wink:
In that case I'll stick to the Slow Comb...

Though as Daisy Chain says, we might have to refer to the 'similar thread' below for our 'Desert Island dancers'...

Lory
26th-October-2004, 12:32 PM
I don't care ;) as long as it's not just 5 variations of a pretzel! :sick:

Graham
26th-October-2004, 12:47 PM
I don't care ;) as long as it's not just 5 variations of a pretzel! :sick:
Indeed - what's the point of being stuck on a desert island with Lory and dancing with your back to her? :wink:

Does a basic blues step count as a move? :drool:

DavidB
26th-October-2004, 12:47 PM
If you restricted yourself to just five different moves for a whole night's dancing, which five would you choose?
Stepping back
Stepping forward
Twisting
Spinning
Turning

(Of course all this is for the ladies - for me it is standing, standing, standing, standing and standing.)

Lory
26th-October-2004, 12:56 PM
Does a basic blues step count as a move? :drool:
It does in my book! :waycool:
Stepping back
Stepping forward
Twisting
Spinning
Turning

(Of course all this is for the ladies - for me it is standing, standing, standing, standing and standing.)
:yeah: :rofl:

spindr
26th-October-2004, 01:17 PM
Fast (multiple) spins.
Ballroom: spin-turn.
WCS: left-side pass.
Tango: backward ochos and just standing in a "cuddle".

SpinDr.

Gadget
26th-October-2004, 02:08 PM
Basket
First move
Pretzel {sorry Lorry}
Elbowroll - cattapult - ladyspin - shoulderslide - backcatch - duckunder - comb - stepout - walk - teapot - slidecatch - wrap - unwrap - manspin - octopus - barrelroll - armjive - backtoback - flickflack - shoulderblock - doublespin - return into seducer.

Well, by Ceroc naming it's the one move!

Sparkles
26th-October-2004, 02:16 PM
Is this island going to be big enough for the queue of ladies Franck's :drool: going to have to dance with? - I'm right behind ZW on this one (just cursing myself for not getting there before her!).
S. x

MartinHarper
7th-January-2008, 09:19 PM

1. Push Turn - emphasising beats, styling options, force.
2. First Move - transitions in and out of closed, rotating the slot, beginners.
3. Polka Basic - movement, rotation, high-energy.
4. Blues Basic - low-energy, connection, hugging.
5. Travelling-return the girl, turn the guy - peacocking, space/freedom, de-emphasising beats.

NZ Monkey
7th-January-2008, 11:08 PM
Is anyone else wondering which moves would work better in sand? I imagine a push-spin isn't one of the better choices :na:

robd
7th-January-2008, 11:22 PM
I imagine a push-spin isn't one of the better choices :na:

Has ANYONE ever seen a pushpin performed outside of a class routine at an MJ night?

MartinHarper
8th-January-2008, 01:07 AM
Is anyone else wondering which moves would work better in sand? I imagine a push-spin isn't one of the better choices :na:

I would have thought turning bare-foot on (dry) sand would be quite easy. Even if my feet stick to the sand, the sand won't stick to itself.