PDA

View Full Version : CeRoc and other jive..

Graham W
24th-October-2004, 03:04 PM
I've no doubt this has been done before but CeRoc classes are moving into Bristol which has always been a home of LeRoc - unfortunately I feel there are too many classes and they have nullified each other - some are popular and others teach better dancing in my opinion - I think the CeRoc team (Gloucester) planning to come to Bristol will offer both! Their pedigree was shown at Britroc & I personally enjoy heir dances..

I am publically lending my meagre black shirted support to them & wonder what other people's experiences & comments are around and about - does CeRoc have any competition in scotland, for instance? Should LeRoc be left alone in Bristol? Will quentin Wilson open his own chain of dance classes & put all else to shame..?

G :-)

Gus
24th-October-2004, 04:05 PM
Should LeRoc be left alone in Bristol? If the new club is going to bring in new dancver ... it should be supported. If its just going to feed off the existing dancers then I could understand the local LeRoc clubs having a problem with it. Either way, a rival club tends to be very effective in pushing up standards.

philsmove
24th-October-2004, 07:12 PM
I have heard rumours about CeRoc coming to Bristol for the past 8 years

Is this one really true? :confused:

Three critical factors:
1 the venue
2 the teacher(s)
3 the night

If you can tell me answerer to the above, I will have guess at what’s going to happen

I don’t think the fact that it’s called CeRoc rather than LeRoc is going to make any significant difference

Andy McGregor
25th-October-2004, 02:30 AM
Ceroc has tried to come to Brighton - which has a LeRoc dance scene rather like Bristol. It didn't do very well either time. The last time I think the problem was that it's difficult to open up in an area that's saturated - and Adam Nathanson seemed to expect the class to take off really quickly, which it didn't. I gave it my glittery shirted support - maybe that was the problem :tears:

under par
25th-October-2004, 02:37 AM
Ceroc has tried to come to Brighton - .................................... and Adam Nathanson seemed to expect the class to take off really quickly, which it didn't. I gave it my glittery shirted support - maybe that was the problem :tears:

I tried my best to support the night too, as it was a Sunday and there nought else on except Antiques Road Show and Songs of Praise but it died quicker than a chocolate firegaurd melts. I do not think the glittery shirt could have that effect.

Whitebeard
26th-October-2004, 01:10 PM
Their pedigree was shown at Britroc .....
Phew !!! Last night Phil and Yuko found enough free space down at the beginners' end to put on a breathtaking display.

Ah well ..... I can do even better in my dreams.

ElaineB
26th-October-2004, 06:34 PM
I've no doubt this has been done before but CeRoc classes are moving into Bristol which has always been a home of LeRoc - unfortunately I feel there are too many classes and they have nullified each other - some are popular and others teach better dancing in my opinion - I think the CeRoc team (Gloucester) planning to come to Bristol will offer both! Their pedigree was shown at Britroc & I personally enjoy heir dances..

I am publically lending my meagre black shirted support to them & wonder what other people's experiences & comments are around and about - does CeRoc have any competition in scotland, for instance? Should LeRoc be left alone in Bristol? Will quentin Wilson open his own chain of dance classes & put all else to shame..?

G :-)

Hi Graham,

Am I misunderstanding you, or are you saying that Phil and Yuko are coming to Bristol to teach??? If so, where, what night and when??

Elaine

Lindsay
26th-October-2004, 10:34 PM
Since when has there been a capital R in Ceroc? [/pedant]

In Scotland we have both LeRoc (Glasgow) and Ceroc (everywhere) and both seem to work harmoniously and lovingly together ;) :rolleyes: