PDA

View Full Version : Dance competitions next six months

stewart38
23rd-October-2004, 11:39 AM
Does anyone know of what coming up in South East next 6 months for intermediate standard fixed partner dancing.

spindr
23rd-October-2004, 05:16 PM
Ginger Jive (http://www.gingerjive.co.uk) have a dance with a stranger competition next Friday at Greenham Common near Newbury.

SpinDr

Minnie M
23rd-October-2004, 05:23 PM
Does anyone know of what coming up in South East next 6 months for intermediate standard fixed partner dancing.

standard fixed partner - None that I know of (modern jive that is) - but do we really want another one :confused:

DWAS competetions are great fun and they are always the first to fill in big competitions, maybe we should have a major one :clap:

spindr
24th-October-2004, 09:33 PM
Ginger Jive (http://www.gingerjive.co.uk) have a dance with a stranger competition next Friday at Greenham Common near Newbury.

This is of course the little known use of "next Friday" used to indicate the 5th of November :) [see http://www.gingerjive.co.uk/events.asp]

SpinDr.

TheTramp
24th-October-2004, 09:47 PM
These are the main competitions that take place during the year.... and the usual dates that they are held. Apart from these, there are only minor competitions, usually run at freestyle nights, which are usually DWAS competitions...

UK Modern Jive (Blackpool) - 1st week of March
Ceroc UK (London) - May bank holiday weekend
Ceroc Scotland (Edinburgh) - September
Leroc 2000 (Bristol) - July
Britroc (Brighton) - October
JiveMasters (London, Scotland (&others?)) - Last weekend of every month, final in November
MiniMasters (London) - Middle weekend of every month? Final - ?

Hope this helps...

Trampy

stewart38
25th-October-2004, 09:27 AM
standard fixed partner - None that I know of (modern jive that is) - but do we really want another one :confused:

Dont understand this comment as there appears to be very little on until next March ? apart from Jive and minnie masters (Thanks Tramp)

Im sure my keenest will disappear after a few 1st round exist I just assume there would be more of that sort of thing. :sick:

cerocmetro
25th-October-2004, 01:28 PM
Dont understand this comment as there appears to be very little on until next March ? apart from Jive and minnie masters (Thanks Tramp)

Im sure my keenest will disappear after a few 1st round exist I just assume there would be more of that sort of thing. :sick:

But wait a minute, just when sanity was starting to peep through, up pops the Masked BAll of the East again. Don't let me tell you whether it is any good or not, I am biased, let the oher 967 people who were there this year tell you.

We have a comp, its DWAS. but it is unique. a) there is one rule, you have to wear a mask and you have to keep it on b) there is £500 prize money, c) the title, The United Kingdon, European, Commonwealth and World dance Champion. Not bad for a free to enter DWAS :whistle:

9th April 2005
Walthamstow Town HAll
London E17

Adam
Adam