PDA

View Full Version : Dance holidays...anyone been and anyone going?

Ste
22nd-October-2004, 08:32 PM
Hello peeps.

I have decided to take my Ceroc champs prize holiday. :clap: :cool:

I am off to Las Palmas on 1st November 2004. :nice: Is any body else going?

1. I have been told that as I booked late and there are more men than girls ( huh?? :mad: ) I may not be able to take part in the classes :sad: , unless people drop out, but can do the free styles. Will I be missing out here?

2. I am sharing a room ( non smoking ) with a male. I wonder who this might be? Any single males going?If so are you of the windy variety?

3. Any one else going?

Scouse Mouse

Bangers & Mash
25th-October-2004, 12:16 AM
I am off to Las Palmas on 1st November 2004. :nice: Is any body else going?

There's a few people going from Edinburgh. I'll be there and some of the girls have already introduced themselves - but I forget their handles on the forum.

From what I have been told, as some of the girls are going for the second time, it will be awesome and you should have a great time.

The guys I know of that are going are all in single rooms on their own (me included) having paid the single persons supplement. Though I can't imagine why we would all want a room to ourselves :whistle: :devil:

As for having to miss the classes - I somehow doubt you'll have to do that - can't see the scots girls letting that happen.

Flying from Glasgow at 9.50 (I think)

:cheers:

Moraganne
25th-October-2004, 09:11 AM
Miss a class : :rofl: perish the thought. Last year we rotated as usual.

Bangers is right, we Scots girls do not take kindly to men not dancing.

Look forward to meeting you.

Morag

Ste
25th-October-2004, 04:41 PM
Oh I did not know about the single persons supplement. I think another champion shared a room as well. May be I will get someone nice. I hope so.

When I went to beach boogie I had to share a room with a bloke called Pete and he was brilliant. I brought my guitar so we even managed to sing a few bits of songs!

Yeah I am hoping to see if they do rotation on the classes though usually I get bored of classes now.

I know some of you Scottish people so maybe I won't feel so lonely!

My picture is somewhere on this forum.with my Washburn N2 guitar. It's on a Beach Boogie 2003 thread and it was taken by a ...wait for it................Scot!

Ste
25th-October-2004, 04:42 PM
Who else is going?

Bangers & Mash
25th-October-2004, 04:50 PM
Yeah I am hoping to see if they do rotation on the classes though usually I get bored of classes now.

:worthy: :worthy:

I for one will be looking to pick up some pointers, style and technique from you if you're a real champ.

See you there. Do you know when you're flying and from where?

Will
26th-October-2004, 01:49 PM
I know some of you Scottish people so maybe I won't feel so lonely!

My picture is somewhere on this forum......
http://www.cerocmetro.com/albums/masked_ball_2003/Picture_029.jpg

TheTramp
26th-October-2004, 02:10 PM
:worthy: :worthy:

I for one will be looking to pick up some pointers, style and technique from you if you're a real champ.
Just don't go picking up any fashion pointers.... please......

Trampy

Will
26th-October-2004, 02:13 PM
Just don't go picking up any fashion pointers.... please......

Trampy

Remember, Las Palmas is very hot. In those conditions wearing a top made of foil is a good way of reflecting the heat.

Chicklet
26th-October-2004, 02:21 PM
Remember, Las Palmas is very hot. In those conditions wearing a top made of foil is a good way of reflecting the heat.

interesting point.
last year many of us had scarves to hand that were quite useful.

Ste
27th-October-2004, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=Bangers & Mash]:worthy: :worthy:

Ooops I knew I was a bit careless with my wording ( the "C" word.....eek)....but I couldn't be bothered changing it and someone else picked me up on it!

I am flying from Manchester. My flight is at 6am!!!!

Can anyone tell me what to bring?

I have some Euros.Can I get money there from ATM?

I am taking:

1. Small wheely suitcase
2. Shorts
3.Swimming trunks......eek. Not the army style ones!
4. Sun cream
5. Camera
6.Passport
7. Bible
8. Music sheets in case Pete Waterman is out there
9. Trainers
10. Tranmere top? Liverpool top?;a la Robbie Fowler ( ie Wills overlarge one)

I don't have a walkman or CD player because I keep breaking them.

I won't bring any of my guitars.

I don't have a kilt.

I want to bring some food. What shall I bring. My mum just said that if I find a Spanish woman I should stay there............are there any jobs there?

Thanks everyone! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WILL "You can run but you can't hide"

Moraganne
28th-October-2004, 09:06 AM
Hi Ste

Yes you can use the ATM. Its quite expensive though. I drew out 200 euros last time I was in Spain and it cost over £3 for the transaction.

See you Monday.

Morag

MartinHarper
28th-October-2004, 09:51 AM
ATM charges vary from bank to building society. Nationwide don't charge me anything to withdraw money overseas. The only problem is if you lose your card overseas then it's much harder to get a replacement.

Bill
28th-October-2004, 09:57 AM
interesting point.
last year many of us had scarves to hand that were quite useful.

depends on what you do with them little chickie :D :wink:

A year ago we were just thinking of heading off !!!! Doesn't time fly :what:

Sure the Aberdeen and other Scots girls will have a hoot and make themselves known.

Ski & Rock
28th-October-2004, 10:26 AM
Do you stay near to where you go dancing. Is there other daytime activities organised?

Cheers Peter

Ste
28th-October-2004, 12:28 PM
I don't know what happens on the holiday.

I think the brochure says that the hotel is 10 mins walk or something from town. I am looking to eating seafood. I have heard that it is very cheap.

I was told that I could do the freestyles but I might not be able to do the classes which would be a pity because I couldn't get to know people but I will ask to watch! I don't know who the teacher will be. I asked but they said that they would have to phone Spain.

I am getting quite nervous about it as I don't usually go to Europe much. I usually go to SIngapore. I am worried that I might forget something.

What do I need to take with me? Can you drink water from the tap?

Chicklet
28th-October-2004, 01:33 PM
The dancing at night can go on into the very small hours, so lots of folk enjoyed a lie in when they could. There were optional lunches a couple of days I think but there was always a group or two to be found down at the beach during the day or just lazing around at one of the cafes on the prom.

There were lots of options for shopping ranging from cheap n cheerful in the old town to department stores to a modern "mall". The old town would be best for bacofoil items and department stores had handkerchieves and scarves with "don't leave me Will" embroidered on them. :waycool:

It really was a lovely lazy hol, we had just nice weather for sitting out with a beer and a couple of nutters put toes in the sea, but only for a mo.

If it's the same dance studio, it's about 10 mins walk from the hotel, the prom is 2 mins, literally around the corner.

Bilco and Bex can recommend the Rose in the first ( I think) outdoor restauraunt you come to on the right! :wink:

And the hot chocolate in the hotel bar is also rather nice.

Smoothie
29th-October-2004, 08:19 AM
Sure the Aberdeen and other Scots girls will have a hoot and make themselves known.

:yeah: We sure will Bill and of course we'll spare a moment or 2 thinking of you back in Aberdeen - working :whistle:

Ste
I recently met the girls from Edinburgh and they are good fun you'll have a ball. Lisa says HELLO and told me a little bit about you. Looking forward to meeting you and all the dances we'll have throughout the week. Another man - must add 1 more packet of blister plasters to the shopping list. Anyone know a good foot masseur?:grin:

See you in Las Palmas

Noleen -x-

Bangers & Mash
29th-October-2004, 08:54 AM
I recently met the girls from Edinburgh and they are good fun you'll have a ball.

Goes without saying :whistle:

I'm flying out from Glasgow at 8.50am on monday. Looking forward to it.

Do you think one pair of socks for the week willl be enough? :D

Are clothes pretty cheap out there?

Moraganne
29th-October-2004, 09:14 AM
Hi Noleen

Don't worry about foot massage, we have that covered. Look forward to seeing you on Monday. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Morag

Bangers & Mash
29th-October-2004, 09:24 AM
Hi Noleen

Don't worry about foot massage, we have that covered. Look forward to seeing you on Monday. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Morag

put me down for that :nice:

Moraganne
29th-October-2004, 09:40 AM
No problem John. See you at the party on Saturday. :nice:

Morag

Ste
31st-October-2004, 06:33 PM
Have a good time everyone!

Bangers & Mash
5th-November-2004, 01:56 PM
Shucks.

Just got back from the class this morning and sitting in the bar with a beer (and a free internet connection :yeah: ) before going for a swim in the sea and then onto a salsa class with the local blonde bombshell.

God this is boring :wink:

Hope you guys are having a fun time back in sunny Scotland :rofl: :rofl:

Bangers

Smoothie
5th-November-2004, 05:29 PM
:clap: Greetings from Las Palmas :clap:

The week so far has been
Breakfast, class,beach,lunch,shopping,salsa class,supper,ceroc freestyle at Divina nightclub, Salsa Bar,sleep if there´s time, breakfast etc, etc. Hard work but someones got to do it :D :rofl: .
Wish you were here.
:flower:
Love´n x´s :kiss:
Noleen
ps anyone got a spare pair of feet and possibly legs :tears:

Ste
7th-November-2004, 04:08 PM
Last full day here!

Had a lovely time swimming and seeing tropical fish and snorkelling.

Also learnt salsa so watch out world. Met many people inc Scottish!

Having a super time

Ste

Will
7th-November-2004, 04:20 PM
Last full day here!

Having a super time

Ste
What did the tropical fish make of you?

Marlene
7th-November-2004, 05:41 PM
Not sure what the fish made of him but we Scots girls have been watching those quivering legs!! :whistle:

Well tonight is the big one - all class over an now it is time to get into Grease mode for the final party night! I´m sure there will be photos to follow.

Brilliant time but it always flies by when you are having fun, and there has been lots of that despite the lack of sun, hard floors, and the souvenirs Noleen has been collecting!???! :what: Every cloud has a silver lining, eh Noleen?

When is the next Ceroc holiday? Too much of an anticlimax to not have one to look forward to. Back to sunny Scotland tomorrow, well I hope it is sunny as it is 26 egrees here, so that its not too much of a shock to the system.

Hasta la vista

Marlene

Smoothie
7th-November-2004, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE=Marlene]
Brilliant time but it always flies by when you are having fun, and there has been lots of that despite the lack of sun, hard floors, and the souvenirs Noleen has been collecting!???! :what: Every cloud has a silver lining, eh Noleen?

Well Marlene are you speaking about the black eye, bruises, insect bites or the ´human´ souvenirs :whistle: :innocent:

Only the censored photos please :wink: Bangers and Mash you have been warned :rofl: :rofl:

Looking forward to Grease tonight if I can find some matchsticks to keep my eyes open. Think my feet will only survive Grease but then again do I here the Salsa Club calling.........

See you all in Aberdeen soon
Love and :kiss:
xNoleenx

Bangers & Mash
7th-November-2004, 06:33 PM
Last full day here!

Having a super time

Ste

I have all the moves on video - just filmed it with Anja :blush:

Ste
8th-November-2004, 04:09 AM
I have all the moves on video - just filmed it with Anja :blush:

And they are available...hehe!

I had the privilege of sitting next to the lovely Marlene on the trip to the volcano. And back again!!!

She pointed out the aloe vera plants to me. And gave me her fan case too!

Ste
8th-November-2004, 04:25 AM
I forgot that Bangers and Mash had a little dance tonight. He has a good lead. Swimming again tomorrow before going home. Boo Hoo.

No, it was not either me or him that gave Noleen the black eye.

I tried to catch some of the tropical fish but they got away. I was really scared of sharks and had to get out quick.

Bangers saw an octopus and a sea snake I believe BUT HE IS STILL AROUND!

By the way, Noleen says hello to you all.

Smoothie
8th-November-2004, 05:04 AM
[QUOTE=Ste]I forgot that Bangers and Mash had a little dance tonight. He has a good lead. Swimming again tomorrow before going home. Boo Hoo.

No, it was not either me or him that gave Noleen the black eye.

My lips are sealed as to who the black eye came from!! He´s paid the dosh up front :rofl: It was a beauty and has been interesting to watch it changing colour from black to blue to purple red and now its pink and yellow. Interesting souviner to take back from holiday!!!

Well the last dance in Las Palmas has been and gone:sad: It has certainly been a holiday to remember.
Think we´re going to have to search Ste before he goes on the bus as he has become quite attached to the fish here, and Bangers to make sure he doesn´t try and smuggle one of this many BABES back home :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for all the dances chaps:clap:each and every one was special in their own way.

See you all next year same time and place:grin:think I´ll need to invest in some mega body padding :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Till we meet again - take care

Noleen
:hug: and :kiss:

Bangers & Mash
9th-November-2004, 02:50 AM
Well the Scots cleaned up at the award ceremony at the end of the week taking 5 out of 8 prizes.

Smoothie - for best accident on the dance floor with the old elbow in the eye trick
Lynne - for best costume as a pink lady at the grease party
Chris - for shortest time a costume stayed on
TwinkleToes - for the best dressed belly dancer
Bangers - for first person on the dance floor

Having said that, my favourite award was presented to one of the guys from down south for "pulling the best looking local stud" - yep, he only pulled and took back to his room a ladyboy!! :rofl: :rofl:

Good old Ste gave him a ring to draw his attention to the fact that his new-found love stood up to use the toilet. :rofl: :rofl: and our southern charmer hastily removed his companion.

Think we´re going to have to search Ste before he goes on the bus as he has become quite attached to the fish here, and Bangers to make sure he doesn´t try and smuggle one of this many BABES back home

Ha! I wish.

You've got to hand it to Smoothie (or should I say Slushie) for pulling the night club owner. Good on ya girl :wink: and thanks for the dances. :clap:

Shame I'll miss the Aberdeen party - but I'll try and make up for it with adventures down under.

Keep the dance floors burning for me whilst I'm gone and thanks to everyone for all the great dances.

Thanks also to
Anja ( :drool: ) for the Salsa and being a great hostess
Andy and Deb (brummie teachers) for their classes
and Deb and John (think they're brummies as well) for some great classes, smooth moves and general entertainment.

And Yes! we do have Debbie's tantrum on the video!! :rofl:

:cheers:

Ste
12th-November-2004, 01:34 AM
Yeah thanks to everyone who put up with me to dance with me inc Smoothy and Bangers (!)....oohhh he's so masterful....especially the salsa people. Thanks M for the blister plasters too!

Thanks Andy and Debs for the workshops and putting up with my dietary ( make mine super large habits ) and to John for his DJ ing and advice and blonde Debs for the amazing dances.

One of the highlights of the trip was snorkelling with Phoebe ( thanks for the gear!) and seeing these lovely fish. Another was Anja's salsa teaching....I have been taught by lots of salsa teachers and my lack of skill is testimony to incomplete teaching techniques. Well Anja has been the best teacher, so if you are reading this....vielen Danken.

Thanks Bangers also for the swimming lesson. I really feel that my swimming has improved.

Ste

"Lady in red.........is ( not ) dancing with me....cheek to cheek"

ajiver
14th-November-2004, 04:32 PM
Anyone going to Bognor Regis?

Lynn
14th-November-2004, 09:14 PM
Anyone going to Bognor Regis? Me! :clap: Welcome to the forum ajiver. :hug:

Ste
19th-November-2004, 04:36 PM
Does anyone know if anyone has posted photos on this site?