PDA

View Full Version : New venue for Reading

Simon r
21st-October-2004, 05:23 PM
as of Tuesday 2nd November we will be moving to Thamesbridge College, Northumberland Avenue, Reading, RG2 8DJ. This venue has a huge dancefloor and plenty of car parking (its right opposite South Reading Leisure Centre). The first night will be FREE entrance, The hall is about twice the size of Twyford so will be able to hold upward of 200 people.
The dance floor is sprung and proberbly the best standard in Berkshire.
Everyone is welcome bill ,bex cooper,nicole and myself will be ready for some fab dances ......
so see you all there :kiss:

Mary
21st-October-2004, 08:24 PM
Tuesday!!! Why Tuesday??!!! Doh. :sad: Sounds fantastic.

M

Bex
22nd-October-2004, 09:09 AM
Just to clarify this new venue is to replace the Irish Centre, Chatham St, Reading (for anyone that's been before) which has been going for about 8 years on a Tuesday night, but due to the car park opposite closing down and minimal street parking in the area we're moving to this new venue on Tuesdays instead, which happens to be bigger and with a car park too.

Hope to see some familiar faces there if not at Twyford :hug:

Thanks,
Bex & Billco :cheers:

Simon r
22nd-October-2004, 03:05 PM
Do you lot want to go dancing for free ......
free......
free......

did i say free......

come and check out the new Reading venue for free :cheers:

Anita
22nd-October-2004, 08:41 PM
That's devastating.

Your venue has actually been running over 10 years.

At least I've been going there for 10 years, it was well established even then.

I can't comprehend that it's just ending next week.

Karin
22nd-October-2004, 10:53 PM
That is really sad news about Chatham Street. Can't you keep that venue on in addition?

Simon r
23rd-October-2004, 07:11 AM
the problem is that there is no parking in that area at all any more. over the last few weeks people that have been parking down the side streets have been getting parking tickets.... cost of £25.00.
The only parking in the near distance is at the swimming pool and evevn i was scared walking one girl back the other day :eek:
This is such a better venue and area and less than a mile from the previous venue.
Parking is free and loads of it.
The venue has a polished sprung floor so in stead of me spending half an hour talcing the floor we can expect a good standard every week.
Does that help to explain.... :kiss:

Simon r
2nd-November-2004, 10:10 AM
Do not forget Reading starts at its new venue tonight and it is free ....
Come along its going to be a great night for a fantastic venue so ......
who are we going to see .....
Funki si ,bex ,cutey bill co are all confirmed who else :hug:

Minnie M
2nd-November-2004, 10:18 AM
the problem is that there is no parking in that area at all any more. over the last few weeks people that have been parking down the side streets have been getting parking tickets.... cost of £25.00.

Why don't organisers think about parking when they choose a venue :mad:

Even the Casbah is a problem - I haven't been back there since I got a £40 parking find :angry:

Simon r
2nd-November-2004, 10:25 AM
with the new venue we have
we estimate parking for over a hundred cars CCTV and it looks like a security guard will be on site for most of the evening...
hows that :cheers:

Minnie M
2nd-November-2004, 11:39 AM
with the new venue we have
we estimate parking for over a hundred cars CCTV and it looks like a security guard will be on site for most of the evening...
hows that :cheers:

:clap: :cheers: :clap: