PDA

View Full Version : I can't attach an image

Lou
30th-October-2002, 05:36 PM
Franck,

I'm trying to attach an image - it's only 3K in size. I saved it as a .gif.

I can Browse to it in the "Attach file" box below, but when I press the "Submit message" button, the file address just gets wiped out of the box. I tried saving it as a .jpg too, but the same thing happened.

As you can see, I can upload avatars fine, using your browse method - it's just attaching images won't work for me! :sad:

Franck
30th-October-2002, 05:42 PM
I am not sure why it won't work... Which part of the forum have you tried to post it in?
Could you try to post it in this thread, and if it fails, email it to me as an attachment, and I will try it from my end...

Franck.

Lou
30th-October-2002, 05:45 PM
I tried again - it still won't attach. It's the one I just posted as an IMG at the bottom of

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=395&pagenumber=2

It's really weird, Franck.

Franck
30th-October-2002, 05:50 PM
Ok, I'll give it a go!

Hopefully, here is your picture as an attachment:

Franck
30th-October-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Ok, I'll give it a go!

Hopefully, here is your picture as an attachment: Yep, worked first time here... I am at a loss as to why it would not work :sad: maybe the path got corrupted!

Franck.

Franck
30th-October-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Franck
I am at a loss as to why it would not work :sad: maybe the path got corrupted! On further investigation, it could be because the path to your image included forbidden (dynamic) characters, like ? or &... This is disallowed to prevent abuse.

Franck.

Lou
30th-October-2002, 05:55 PM
Nope - still can't do it! Maybe it's a bug with my browser. Ahhh well. Thanks for trying. :nice:

Lou
30th-October-2002, 05:58 PM
I'd saved it directly on my C: folder, so it wasn't that. Don't worry - it's not something I do with alarming regularity! :wink:

DavidB
30th-October-2002, 06:11 PM
I've never been able to do this either from my own PC. I can attach an image that's on another web site, but not from my own machine.

But I can upload an avatar from my machine...

DavidB
30th-October-2002, 06:34 PM
I'm just going to try again & see what happens...

DavidB
30th-October-2002, 06:37 PM
Can anyone else see that? I can see it fine on my PC.

When I've tried before, I previewed the posting, and it didn't work when I finally submitted it. This sime I just posted the message...

David

Gadget
30th-October-2002, 06:41 PM
looks like an evil cat to me.

Dreadful Scathe
30th-October-2002, 07:39 PM
eeeeeek

run , run from the Evil Green Eyed Cat of Doooooom

Heather
30th-October-2002, 07:57 PM
:wink: :wink: Looks like the poor cat's been subjected to numerous playing of Vem Vet!!!!!!!LOL
Quick someone call the RSPCA!!!!!!!:wink:
:cheers:
Heather

Lou
31st-October-2002, 10:20 AM
Evil Cats For Hallowe'en!

Lou
31st-October-2002, 10:21 AM
Look! I posted an image! :grin: :grin: The gremlin has gone!

Dancing Veela
6th-November-2002, 03:05 PM
Finally I got around to getting my (non digital camera) photos done from the Comp. However I can't attach files for some reason!

Dreadful Scathe
6th-November-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Dancing Veela
Finally I got around to getting my (non digital camera) photos done from the Comp. However I can't attach files for some reason!

what browser? is the name in 8.3 format try that first (i.e. name.gif no spaces)

Dancing Veela
6th-November-2002, 03:47 PM
The files were too big :wink:

Debster
7th-August-2003, 01:45 PM
Aha - I was having problems too... but the answer was lurking in this thread! Thanks!

It only worked when I posted the message directly - i.e. without previewing the message first (I'm not game to try going and editing the message as well.)