PDA

View Full Version : Blisters

Gadget
30th-October-2002, 10:04 AM
Anyone any helpful tips to aid the healing ? {I should have broken in my new shoes a bit more before dancing last night :tears:}

Dancing Veela
30th-October-2002, 02:42 PM
Blister plasters perhaps??????????

My Grandad used to swear by a mustard foot bath........oh maybe that was for a cold rather than blisters???????

Seriously Gadgie - oops Gadget, the blister plasters (Tesco's have some) are fantastic! Take it from one who knows these things (and many many more :devil: )

Emma
30th-October-2002, 03:15 PM
I have a friend who puts surgical spirit on her blisters to harden them up (she rows..it's a rowing thing, apparantly)..hurts like hell but seems to do the trick. Personally I wear plasters and wince a lot. :nice:

Curtain
30th-October-2002, 03:20 PM
I find that half a pound of margarine, two seasoned tomatoes and a syringe can certainly do some damage, but can it help?

Probably not, however I've heard that plenty of rest does. So my advice would be to stay in bed for three days and get a maid to do the house work.

Emma
30th-October-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Curtain
So my advice would be to stay in bed for three days and get a maid to do the house work.

That could cure any number of things....:wink:

Gadget
30th-October-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Curtain
my advice would be to stay in bed for three days and get a maid to do the house work.
Ahhh... if only.

Just now I'm just wearing a plaster and hobbling around - if it wern't the dress shoes I wear to work it wouldn't be that bad.

I will look into investing in some of them plasters Veela mantioned; I have a birthday party on Sat and my dahling other half has been promising me as a dance partner to all.:what: :sick:

Heather
30th-October-2002, 07:19 PM
Try 'Compeed' plasters, you can buy them at Boots or any good chemist, they're expensive but you do get what you pay for!!!!
Whatever you do, don't burst the blister, the fluid in it is your body's own natural healing against infection and scarring, if you burst it , you may infect it and end up with a scabby foot!!!!
The Compeed plasters protect and cushion the blister.
:cheers:
Heather.