PDA

View Full Version : What's on this Friday?

Lory
20th-October-2004, 12:16 PM
I'm at a loose end this Friday, so come on, tempt me, :) where's everyone going? :flower:

Northants Girly
20th-October-2004, 12:17 PM
I'm at a loose end this Friday, so come on, tempt me, :) where's everyone going? :flower:

Bedford Corn Exchange :clap:

Daisy Chain
20th-October-2004, 12:17 PM

I'm going to the gym and then I'm going to do a Big Shop at Tesco :flower:

Daisy

ChrisA
20th-October-2004, 12:19 PM
Might go to Twyford this week.

Chris

CJ
20th-October-2004, 12:24 PM
I'm in alone with a nice bottle of Lanson's Gold Label, a punnet of strawbs and a damned good DVD....

:D

Lynn
20th-October-2004, 12:33 PM
I'm at a loose end this Friday, so come on, tempt me, :) where's everyone going? :flower: Nowhere probably (himself will be away) - def nothing to do with dancing - but that's OK as I need to focus my energies on other things! (Still on a dancing 'high' after the weekend, planning my dancing activities for the next few months now so I can then get on with all the other things I need to sort out!)

Gojive
20th-October-2004, 12:49 PM
Is the Casbah in London still going? :)

ElaineB
20th-October-2004, 01:18 PM
Can we tempt you to Cardiff?? We are off the Earl Haig Club in Cardiff - the friendliest bunch you could wish to meet!! :D

Elaine

jivecat
20th-October-2004, 01:29 PM
Bedford's too far, so it's the gym, the sofa, Corrie, Monty Don. The local curry house if I'm lucky.

Any alternatives to Solihull for Saturday?

Gordon J Pownall
20th-October-2004, 01:40 PM
Any alternatives to Solihull for Saturday?

Sarah Johnson has a dance on this Saturday down on the South coast....

I know cos Sal and I will be teaching errr.....something - probably a Masterclass or Latin Jive or Blues or summat....

Do come and join us....... :hug: :flower:

Andy McGregor
20th-October-2004, 02:30 PM
Sarah Johnson has a dance on this Saturday down on the South coast....

I know cos Sal and I will be teaching errr.....something - probably a Masterclass or Latin Jive or Blues or summat....

Do come and join us....... :hug: :flower:

If we're going to start shameless plugs like Mr Pownall ...

On Friday I will be going to the King Alfred in Hove. Viktor will be teaching and John Miller will be the DJ. We'll all have a fab night and I might even be able to persuade Nina to come as she's staying with us after teaching a fab lesson with Nigel at our Thursday class at the Shoreham Centre, Pond Road Shoreham.

Oh, and on Saturday, while Gordy and Sal are in Eastbourne I'll be running a dance at Findon Village Hall, just north of Worthing on the A24. We're calling it Finger Lickin' Fun in Findon as we're having Southern Fried Chicken, ribs, chips, etc - all for just £8.

Lounge Lizard
20th-October-2004, 02:37 PM
This is what is happeninmg 'up north' (ok south if in scotland)
(taken from this thread.....www.cerocscotland.com/forum/[B[showthread.php?t=3875&highlight=peter+phillips

An evening of Cool Blues and Sexy Latin tunes at Knutsford Civic Hall with ME & GUS (see http://www.uk-jive.co.uk/news-detail.asp?NewsID=425 for deatils).

This is a new venture for the North West, an evening aimed more at the experienced dancer, especially those who love Blues, WCS and Latin style dancing. This is an initial trial to see if there is a market for events aimed specificaly at dancers at this level. As a special deal, the openning night is only £5.

The event is in the main Hall of the Knutsford Civic Hall, runing from 8.30pm to 11.30pm. We wont be openening a licensed bar, instead soft drinks will be on sale and dancers can bring their own alcohol.

If any forumites are in the area please come along and introduce yourselves. To get more of LL-mania, Peter will be guesting on the decks at Blitz Northwich on the Thursday (21/10) and will be the DJ in charge at Bltz's Stockport Town Hall do on the Saturday (23/10)[B/]

ChrisA
20th-October-2004, 03:29 PM
Careful Andy, Franck will be sending the boys round for £150 at this rate...

:D :rofl:

Chris

bigdjiver
20th-October-2004, 03:30 PM
Bedford Corn Exchange :clap: :yeah: One of Ceroc Centrals teachers is leaving, and there is likely to be an unusually large gathering of teachers and friends there. :clap:

Northants Girly
20th-October-2004, 04:16 PM
:yeah: One of Ceroc Centrals teachers is leaving, and there is likely to be an unusually large gathering of teachers and friends there. :clap:
Oh . . . . does that mean it's going to be even busier than usual? :what:
I always come home with bumps and bruises after an evening at the Corn Exchange :sad:

Minnie M
20th-October-2004, 04:22 PM
On Friday I will be going to the King Alfred in Hove. Viktor will be teaching and John Miller will be the DJ. We'll all have a fab night and I might even be able to persuade Nina to come as she's staying with us after teaching a fab lesson with Nigel at our Thursday class at the Shoreham Centre, Pond Road Shoreham.

Oh, and on Saturday, while Gordy and Sal are in Eastbourne I'll be running a dance at Findon Village Hall, just north of Worthing on the A24. We're calling it Finger Lickin' Fun in Findon as we're having Southern Fried Chicken, ribs, chips, etc - all for just £8.

Well that were I'm going :clap: THREE WHOLE DAYS OF FUN AND DANCE (lots of dancing so I hope to burn up lots of calories :D - will try not to eat too much of that Southern Fried stuff :innocent: )

bigdjiver
20th-October-2004, 04:28 PM
I always come home with bumps and bruises after an evening at the Corn Exchange :sad:Hopefully the teachers will be less likely to bump & bruise, and I, for one, expect to be doing more watching than usual.

Andy McGregor
20th-October-2004, 04:41 PM
Careful Andy, Franck will be sending the boys round for £150 at this rate...

:D :rofl:

Chris

:innocent:

Almost an Angel
20th-October-2004, 06:17 PM

Probably head either to Twyford or the Casbah.

I know hove is really good (plug) especially when you get to dance with the lovely Viktor :drool: but it's just too far when I have to be up early on Saturday morning. :sad:

Anybody else heading to either to help me make up my mind.

stompin' phil
20th-October-2004, 06:40 PM
This Friday will be 6 months since we started Stompin' Fridays in Brighton with Viktor so i think free champers is called for. So ten bottles on the door from 7.45pm first come first served.

Keep on Stompin'

Phil

Simon r
20th-October-2004, 06:44 PM
Probably head either to Twyford or the Casbah.

I know hove is really good (plug) especially when you get to dance with the lovely Viktor :drool: but it's just too far when I have to be up early on Saturday morning. :sad:

Anybody else heading to either to help me make up my mind.

both Nicole and myself will be at Twford ...
Bill cooper will be teaching the intermediate and we will have some stunning freestyle after ...
see you all there
si :kiss:

philsmove
20th-October-2004, 08:45 PM
deleted its next friday :blush:

Gordon J Pownall
21st-October-2004, 11:53 AM
:yeah: One of Ceroc Centrals teachers is leaving,

Who's leaving the fold then...??? :sad:

Oh and Andy, shameless plug - moi...??? :blush:

Yep - shameless as in "without shame" - Yep....no shame whatsoever as Sarah and Graham's dance nights on Saturday (this weekend in fact - details at http://www.modernjive.fsnet.co.uk/) are absolutely brilliant.... :worthy:

However I hope that your night is also as brilliant (as I'm sure it will be).....when and where is it again....? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

It's not at Eastbourne Town Hall, Grove Road BN21 4UG from 8pm to late this Saturday as Sarah and Graham are having their party night dance there where Sal and I will be teaching and Sally DJing..... :whistle: :whistle:

Northants Girly
21st-October-2004, 12:46 PM
Who's leaving the fold then...??? :sad:

Julian :tears:

Graham W
21st-October-2004, 01:30 PM
I'm of to Yeovil

G

Lou
21st-October-2004, 01:38 PM
I'm of to Yeovil

Better check it's on, first...... :whistle:

Minnie M
21st-October-2004, 02:11 PM
On the south coast on Saturday night :-

.... Saturday as Sarah and Graham are having their party night dance there where Sal and I will be teaching and Sally DJing...

OR

Andy McGregor's dance at Findon Village Hall, just north of Worthing on the A24. We're calling it Finger Lickin' Fun in Findon as we're having Southern Fried Chicken, ribs, chips, etc - all for just £8.

I believe Sarah's dance is £8 too - however not so easy to get to from London and 30miles from Brighton, but top teacher and top DJ :worthy:

Real shame the clash - hard decision :what: AND would love to dance to Sally's choons as I missed her at Britroc BUT Findon is such a friendly venue, great floor, lots of friendly people and good dancers too AND the thought of all that yummy food :blush: (added comment as I still have time to edit - gonna eat as much as I can while Andy is DJing so he can't see me :rolleyes: )(not to mention choons from the newest ceroc DJ on our scene the one and only Andy McGregster :waycool: )

SO FINDON IT IS ! :clap: :clap:

Andy McGregor
21st-October-2004, 02:17 PM
AND the thought of all that yummy food :blush:

Minnie can eat anything she likes - but I'll be measuring out the size of her portion :wink:

Lou
21st-October-2004, 02:28 PM
This Friday I shall be chilling at home. :cheers:

And on Saturday I'll be heading to LeRoc2000's Charity Dance in the picturesque village of Chipping Sodbury. It's for a cancer charity, which, of course, is a cause I now particularly feel very strongly about – so I hope they’re very successful in their fundraising. :clap:

Lory
21st-October-2004, 02:29 PM
Minnie can eat anything she likes - but I'll be measuring out the size of her portion :wink:Hey! you leave Minnie's portions alone! :devil:

I've still not made my final decision but as much as I'd love to visit the Bristol or Brighton, I'm afraid, it will have to be in or around London :o

Minnie M
21st-October-2004, 02:36 PM
Hey! you leave Minnie's portions alone! :devil:

I've still not made my final decision but as much as I'd love to visit the Bristol or Brighton, I'm afraid, it will have to be in or around London :o

Come to Brighton - after all you ARE our adopted Brighton Belle :hug: :yeah:

Trousers
21st-October-2004, 02:40 PM
:yeah: One of Ceroc Centrals teachers is leaving, and there is likely to be an unusually large gathering of teachers and friends there. :clap:
Clique-y talented corner will be full then.
Ego city by the stage!!!
Yes you know who you are !!

Thats torn my chance of a dance then!!

Northants Girly
21st-October-2004, 02:50 PM
Thats torn my chance of a dance then!!
Don't worry - I'll dance with you :wink:

Trousers
21st-October-2004, 03:14 PM
Don't worry - I'll dance with you :wink:
Ooerr!!!
I'd better go thru that Inapropriate Touching thread and get some tips
x :devil:

Northants Girly
21st-October-2004, 03:30 PM
Ooerr!!!
I'd better go thru that Inapropriate Touching thread and get some tips
x :devil:
You just do that . . . . . . . and I'll get some tips from my friend DianaS . . . .

I once said to a guy, sort of joking, if you do that again you'll end up on the floor with my foot across your throat, he's never troubled me again!
:nice:

Andy McGregor
21st-October-2004, 03:33 PM
Minnie can eat anything she likes - but I'll be measuring out the size of her portion :wink:

As I've just received negative feedback for this I thought I should explain my comment. Minnie M is on a diet, she's asked me and many of her other friends to help her - so I, light heartedly, made a comment about making certain she didn't eat too much. Sorry if some people took that the wrong way, my mistake :flower:

ChrisA
21st-October-2004, 03:43 PM
Sorry if some people took that the wrong way, my mistake :flower:

On the contrary, Andy, I would humbly contend that it's the mistake of whomever neg-repped you without being fully aware of the circumstances of your comment.

You old git :devil:

Trousers
21st-October-2004, 03:48 PM
You just do that . . . . . . . and I'll get some tips from my friend DianaS . . . .

:nice:

Fiesty! Fiesty!

It may clear some space on the dance floor at Bedford!

Oh the temptation!
A fiesty woman and some dance floor. Shame I'm gonna be on my back.
Ermmm.... :whistle:

Andy McGregor
21st-October-2004, 03:59 PM
You old git :devil:

How true :tears:

This came home to me very strongly last night. At Charlton it was the birthday of a couple of regulars. I'd assumed one of these guys was about my age, maybe a bit older, and the other definitely a fair bit older. When they gave their age they were both about 2 years younger than me. I think I've failed to realise how old I look :tears:

Gordon J Pownall
21st-October-2004, 04:22 PM
I think I've failed to realise how old I look :tears:

Old....????? Pah...!!! :mad:

What is it they say about fine wines Andy.....???? :worthy:

Gordon J Pownall
21st-October-2004, 04:24 PM

I'm just loose - tempted...???? :hug: :hug: :flower: :blush: :whistle:

Minnie M
21st-October-2004, 06:08 PM
As I've just received negative feedback for this I thought I should explain my comment. Minnie M is on a diet, she's asked me and many of her other friends to help her - so I, light heartedly, made a comment about making certain she didn't eat too much. Sorry if some people took that the wrong way, my mistake :flower:

Andy has been my best support for my diet - much cheaper than Weight Watchers - I need his cheeky comments to put me back on track and really really appreciate all the help he is giving me - thank you Andy :flower: :hug: :kiss:

To the person who gave Andy neg rep - thank you for your concern about me, I am truly touched (no comments please), thank you for supporting me - just sorry you have misunderstood Andy's cheeky comment to me

TheTramp
21st-October-2004, 06:22 PM
To the person who gave Andy neg rep - thank you for your concern about me, I am truly touched (no comments please), thank you for supporting me - just sorry you have misunderstood Andy's cheeky comment to me
Ah. It's getting to epidemic levels. People are so worried about getting negative rep, and making so much of it, that it's not good enough to come on and plead to say 'I got some neg rep for saying this (ie. please all give me some pos rep to balance it up').

Now, people are coming on to defend neg rep that other people get in order that they'll get pos rep back.... Where will it all end?? :whistle:

So, everyone, please give Andy some pos rep. He got some neg rep, and he's feeling unloved. Oh, and give me some pos rep while you're at it too. Damn, where's that begging smiley?!? :flower:

Trampy

Minnie M
21st-October-2004, 07:58 PM
Now, people are coming on to defend neg rep that other people get in order that they'll get pos rep back.... Where will it all end??

NO no no - That was not the reason for my reply post :mad: and I am sure that is not the reason for Andy's post :yeah:

TheTramp
21st-October-2004, 08:23 PM
NO no no - That was not the reason for my reply post :mad: and I am sure that is not the reason for Andy's post :yeah:
So what was the point in saying it then Minnie?? Andy would have known who sent him the neg rep - he's a paid up member.

If you had just meant to say it to that person, you could have sent them a PM - after all, neg (any!) rep is private, until made public, so why make a public response to some private rep??

Just curious you understand....

Trampy

cerocmetro
22nd-October-2004, 12:00 AM
Ah. It's getting to epidemic levels. People are so worried about getting negative rep, and making so much of it, that it's not good enough to come on and plead to say 'I got some neg rep for saying this (ie. please all give me some pos rep to balance it up').

Now, people are coming on to defend neg rep that other people get in order that they'll get pos rep back.... Where will it all end?? :whistle:

So, everyone, please give Andy some pos rep. He got some neg rep, and he's feeling unloved. Oh, and give me some pos rep while you're at it too. Damn, where's that begging smiley?!? :flower:

Trampy

Trampy, for once you have completely lost it mate. :sick:

Let me be quite clear, it is a positive act to rep negatively if you are positive you are positive about a negative rep. If however you are positive you are reping positively despite whether a negative positive rep has preceeded the previous positive rep, as that would surely be negative. One should always be positive even if doing it it negatively. To make a positive rep negative is negative in its approach no matter how positive you are by the end. Of that I am most positive. :wink:

Minnie is always positive and therefore as a cartoon character it would either be negative or positive depending which side of the projector you sat.

Adam

Minnie M
22nd-October-2004, 12:05 AM
Trampy, for once you have completely lost it mate. :sick: ......../snip/.......Minnie is always positive and therefore as a cartoon character it would either be negative or positive depending which side of the projector you sat.

:worthy: :yeah: spot on :flower:

TheTramp
22nd-October-2004, 02:20 AM

Once??? :rolleyes:

Trampy

Forte
22nd-October-2004, 08:58 AM
Let me be quite clear, it is a positive act to rep negatively if you are positive you are positive about a negative rep. If however you are positive you are reping positively despite whether a negative positive rep has preceeded the previous positive rep, as that would surely be negative. One should always be positive even if doing it it negatively. To make a positive rep negative is negative in its approach no matter how positive you are by the end. Of that I am most positive. :wink:

Adam

:rofl: :worthy:

Gordon J Pownall
22nd-October-2004, 09:16 AM

Minnie is always positive and therefore as a cartoon character it would either be negative or positive depending which side of the projector you sat.

Adam

...you wanna go to one of his classes now - see how simple things can be explained if you just take a littel time........ :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Missy D
22nd-October-2004, 09:20 AM
I am planning to go to Bedford tonight! Not sure where it is though :confused:

Daisy Chain
22nd-October-2004, 12:07 PM

Bedford? Somewhere near London I think

TheTramp
22nd-October-2004, 12:26 PM
Bedford? Somewhere near London I think
A little bit north I believe....

(Are we helping here?)

Trampy

Minnie M
22nd-October-2004, 12:36 PM

It will easier to come to Brighton - all the best people are there :whistle: and you get to dance with the sexy Viktor :worthy: :drool: AND the hunky :drool: sexy Mr. Daisy (Ray) or Andy McGregor :rolleyes:

DavidY
22nd-October-2004, 12:40 PM
I am planning to go to Bedford tonight! Not sure where it is though :confused:According to Ceroc Central website it's at The Corn Exchange, St Paul's Square. MK40 1SL (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&db=pc&lang=&addr1=&client=public&addr2=&advanced=&addr3=&pc=MK401SL&quicksearch=mk40+1sl&cidr_client=none)

Daisy Chain
22nd-October-2004, 12:46 PM
A little bit north I believe....

Trampy

Geography never was my strong point. For the first 21 years, I thought Geordies came from Yorkshire and I always did have trouble with anything north of Watford.

A Southern Daisy

ElaineB
22nd-October-2004, 01:41 PM
Better check it's on, first...... :whistle:

Re Yeovil, I have just read that it is on SATURDAY and the lovely Lily and David Barker are taking a fun lesson and showing their caberet..........

I wanna go, but I have promised a friend that I would take her to a Tango Ball in Bristol - can't be everywhere I suppose! :tears:

so, Lory, where have you decided to go??

Elaine

Gojive
22nd-October-2004, 01:44 PM
All being well, I'll be at the Casbah tonight, for the first time since I was an (absolute) beginner :) . I remember when I last went there (about 5 years ago), how terrified I was - it'll be interesting to see how it feels this time :)

Rhythm King
22nd-October-2004, 02:30 PM
I was going to go to Bedford, as I really enjoy it there however, the lovely Tor has found me a last minute place at Rock Bottoms, so I'm off to the Isle of Wight :clap:

R-K x

Simon r
22nd-October-2004, 02:43 PM
Hey i hope to see some of you at Twyford tonight the great bill cooper will be there teaching tonight so get your glad rags on and get down to the sugar shack :clap: :clap: :clap:

Andy McGregor
22nd-October-2004, 02:48 PM
If you had just meant to say it to that person, you could have sent them a PM - after all, neg (any!) rep is private, until made public, so why make a public response to some private rep??

Just curious you understand....

Trampy

Firstly the defence - I made my response public because one person, who is very nice on the forum, misunderstood my post and the intention behind it. And I thought there might be others who also misunderstood my post but didn't give me negative rep. So, in the interests of clear communication, I posted my explanation for all to see - and MinnieM backed me up. As far as I'm concerned this was a very effective use of the rep system and I'm grateful to the person who gave me the negative rep for pointing out how I seemed to people who didn't know the relationship I have with Minnie.

Now the attack - There are two parts to communication. What is said and what other people make it mean. I said I'd got negative rep because someone had taken what I'd said in a way it wasn't intended - the Tramp chose to make it mean. that I was asking people to give me positive rep.

I never asked for and I never got positive rep. In fact I received some more negative rep for a completely different post shortly after that posting - but I never mentioned that (until now, as an example) as I completely deserved to be neg repped on that occasion.

Gordon J Pownall
22nd-October-2004, 02:53 PM
I was going to go to Bedford, as I really enjoy it there however, the lovely Tor has found me a last minute place at Rock Bottoms, so I'm off to the Isle of Wight :clap:

R-K x

Spawny git...!!! :wink:

Zebra Woman
22nd-October-2004, 03:33 PM
At last I'm back on-line...sort of (it's only dial up).

Andy's night sounds fingerlickin' good :drool: but I'm sticking close to home tonight....

Amazingly , tonight I will be at the Corn Exchange saying goodbye to Julian :tears: , Miss Conduct and Senorita will also be there....

Tomorrow we will be at Hammersmith 'cos the Fabulous Joe Smooth and Ian Alford are DJing. :clap: :clap: :worthy: :worthy:

See Ya
Alison :flower:

Robin
22nd-October-2004, 03:38 PM
Let me be quite clear, it is a positive act to .../SNIPPED

Why use one word when a hundred or so will do :D

btw why is it that I have a vision of Danny Kaye running through that lot ?

Gordon J Pownall
22nd-October-2004, 03:44 PM
Why use one word when a hundred or so will do :D

btw why is it that I have a vision of Danny Kaye running through that lot ?

I had more of the old Fred and Ginger number....

Moses Supposes.......

He can't half go on - imagine him trying to teach a move withmore than eight beats...... :what: :what: :sick: :whistle:

Bex
22nd-October-2004, 04:24 PM
Might go to Twyford this week.

Chris

Save a dance for me!! :clap: :clap:

Bex

Lynn
22nd-October-2004, 06:51 PM
Since its now almost 7pm and I've been in work since 8am :tears: I think tonight is going to be a quiet one! (where's that 'exhausted' smiley...)

Lory
22nd-October-2004, 07:14 PM
Right! decision made..... ooooh i've um'd and ahh'd and um'd and ahh'd :confused: But friends have persuaded me to go to the one place not mentioned.. Chesham! :)

I hope it's good! :cheers:

To everyone, where ever you go, Have a great time! :hug: :flower: :clap:

drathzel
22nd-October-2004, 08:46 PM
Right! decision made..... ooooh i've um'd and ahh'd and um'd and ahh'd :confused: But friends have persuaded me to go to the one place not mentioned.. Chesham! :)

Have fun!!! :hug:

stewart38
23rd-October-2004, 01:28 AM

I thought Chesham tonight was very good,crowded but good. danced with women who had come from Hampshire and Essex. Lots of good dancers more then average, was an event cancelled ?

DJs going to be at Hammersmith which looks like were going to.

ElaineB
23rd-October-2004, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=stewart38]I thought Chesham tonight was very good,crowded but good. danced with women who had come from Hampshire and Essex. Lots of good dancers more then average?QUOTE]

Ah, but then you missed Cardiff!! There's lovely for you! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Elaine

bigdjiver
23rd-October-2004, 12:40 PM
[B]Now the attack - There are two parts to communication. What is said and what other people make it mean. I said I'd got negative rep because someone had taken what I'd said in a way it wasn't intended - the Tramp chose to [COLOR=Blue]make it mean[/COLOR Tis the nature of the beast. Trampy has done it to me too, misread my post and neg repped me. I would much prefer to be challenged on the forum where I could clear up any misunderstandings.

Lou
23rd-October-2004, 01:12 PM
Re Yeovil, I have just read that it is on SATURDAY and the lovely Lily and David Barker are taking a fun lesson and showing their caberet..........
Ahhh. That does sound fun - but, alas, it still clashes with Sodbury. :grin:

Enjoy your Tango. :cheers:

(Too many dances, too little time)

Lory
23rd-October-2004, 02:56 PM
Well, I ended up going to Chesham with Miss Sparkles and had a great time, as I'm sure I would have done, had I gone to any of the other venues mentioned! ;) Nice mixed crowd :)
My only beef is....Am I the only one who thinks 11-30, on a weekend freestyle, is too early to finish? :confused: I'm just getting into it by then! :(

Oh yes, I danced with Latin lover and I can confirm, his is huge :wink: (comfort zone, that is) And just to let you know, Stewart38 Pm'd me and told me, his is only 10" :what: so I stayed well clear of it! :rofl:

TheTramp
23rd-October-2004, 05:41 PM
Tis the nature of the beast. Trampy has done it to me too, misread my post and neg repped me. I would much prefer to be challenged on the forum where I could clear up any misunderstandings.
Done what to you too?? I didn't misread anything that Andy has said. And I didn't give either him, or Minnie negative (or positive rep).

I merely found something quite amusing, and posted about it. Interestingly, that's what you said I should do.

Andy - I didn't comment about anything that you have said. I've not quoted you. In fact, because it was on another page which I didn't go back to, I don't think that I even read your post. I commented on what Minnie had to say. I did so reasonably tongue-in-cheek. It was more of a comment on the rep system than on anything that was said. And it certainly wasn't an 'attack'. Hence, you really didn't need you to 'defend' anything that YOU said, or 'attack' anything that I said.....

Now the attack - There are two parts to communication. What is said and what other people make it mean. I said I'd got negative rep because someone had taken what I'd said in a way it wasn't intended - the Tramp chose to make it mean. that I was asking people to give me positive rep.
What a load of tosh btw. If I read something one way, then I read it that way. It makes no difference what you think that you've said, if people read it any other way to what you intend - you've either said it ambiguously, or it's an absurdity!! :whistle: I don't 'make it mean' anything, that's just how I read comments like that. And I also I know that other people read comments like yours and Minnie's in exactly the same way as me too. But you did put a nice spin on it in an attempt to discredit my view. Have you ever considered becoming a lawyer?? :worthy: :flower:

Trampy

Minnie M
23rd-October-2004, 06:00 PM
......... In fact, because it was on another page which I didn't go back to, I don't think that I even read your post.

I rest my case M'lud .........................

TheTramp
23rd-October-2004, 06:38 PM
I rest my case M'lud .........................
What case?? What are you on about??

I commented about something in one of your posts. Andy has felt a need to defend what he said. I pointed out that I wasn't talking about what he said. Now you've completely lost me. Ah well. I'm obviously stupid. There you go....happy? Now, can we move on? I've lost interest in this discussion.

Trampy

Gus
24th-October-2004, 01:25 AM
Well .. LL came, he played, he conquered :worthy: :worthy: An AWESOME set ... and 100 of the best dancers from the North-West (and beyond) had a fantastic time of it. Finaly we've proven the point that dancers in this region DO want sophisticated music. However, someone did ask for the Mavericks :sick: ... was Trampy there is disguise??

bigdjiver
24th-October-2004, 09:45 AM
... I will be at the Corn Exchange saying goodbye to Julian :tears: , Miss Conduct and Senorita will also be there....

I always come home with bumps and bruises after an evening at the Corn Exchange :sad:

I am planning to go to Bedford tonight! Not sure where it is though :confused:So, girls how was your night? Did any of you collect more than the normal amount of bumps and bruises?

I enjoyed myself immensely, as I always do at the Corn Exchange, but was responsible for some minor bumps during the evening :tears: , whilst dancing with beginners. Any responses to my new thread "In at the deep end" about beginners at such events are welcome.

Northants Girly
24th-October-2004, 11:07 AM
So, girls how was your night? Did any of you collect more than the normal amount of bumps and bruises?

I enjoyed myself immensely, as I always do at the Corn Exchange, but was responsible for some minor bumps during the evening :tears: , whilst dancing with beginners. Any responses to my new thread "In at the deep end" about beginners at such events are welcome.
I had a really good night too. I thought there was slightly more room to dance than usual - only got bumped once I think.
Unfortunately though I got confused about the finish time and didn't pace myself appropriately. In fact I thought that dance I had with you Dave at ~midnight was probably the last dance or pretty near to it if not. Afterwards someone told me the finish was 12.30 which was abit of a shock as my poor feet and legs had had enough :what: I refused 3 dances :really: (which I never ever usually do) as my feet couldn't take anymore. Then I went home 10 minutes before the end - another first for me!
Great night though :grin:

Northants Girly
24th-October-2004, 11:12 AM
My only beef is....Am I the only one who thinks 11-30, on a weekend freestyle, is too early to finish? :confused: I'm just getting into it by then! :( I might be wrong as I've only been there once but I think Chesham on a Friday is a regular Ceroc night as opposed to a freestyle night which could expalin this.

Missy D
24th-October-2004, 02:51 PM
So, girls how was your night? Did any of you collect more than the normal amount of bumps and bruises?

I had a fab time! some brilliant dances and loved most of the music too!
Escaped the night with just the one bruise on my foot :clap:

Did we dance BJ? I dont know what anyone looks like from the Forum :blush:

Had a blonde moment on the way home and instead of getting onto the M1 south i landed up on the A6 Luton Central.

Anyone know when the next Bedford Freestyle night is? :flower:

Zebra Woman
24th-October-2004, 03:14 PM
I had a fab time! some brilliant dances and loved most of the music too!
:yeah: Big improvement on last months offering IMHO. The floor was a lot less sticky too.

Anyone know when the next Bedford Freestyle night is? :flower:

Ceroccentral.com in the place to look. No more at the Corn Exchange this year, as far as can see. Pity.

Daventry on 30th Oct should be good. I like the Wicksteed Tea dances too....4hrs of continuous freestyle DJ'd by Rob Ambridge. The last one was fab. Were you there? I didn't know who you were 'till last night, I was the one driving Miss Conduct home from Hammersmith. I was almost entirely undercover last night - only Zebra earrings.

Alison :flower:

Andy McGregor
25th-October-2004, 01:45 AM
In fact, because it was on another page which I didn't go back to, I don't think that I even read your post.

snip

that's just how I read comments like that.

:confused:

stewart38
25th-October-2004, 09:35 AM
I might be wrong as I've only been there once but I think Chesham on a Friday is a regular Ceroc night as opposed to a freestyle night which could expalin this.

It is and it use to finish at 11pm.

I think its great it finishes so late at 11.30pm for a regular event.

I think the near by houses and their residents are just far enough away not to complain ?

The local police also seem to be less grumpy re where people park

Who remembers when Guldford had to keep the windows + doors closed even in the baking summer re 'complaints of noise from residents' !

Andy McGregor
25th-October-2004, 10:20 AM
Who remembers when Guldford had to keep the windows + doors closed even in the baking summer re 'complaints of noise from residents' !

I had this worry on Saturday night. The only reason they want the music to stop at 11.30pm is that they don't want the village woken up after midnight by a load of cars starting up and driving through after people have gone to bed. So, there I was, at 11.45 I'd asked everyone to leave quietly and make sure they'd left the car park by midnight - one of my guests stayed chatting and smoking (in the car park) 'til 0015 am then found he'd got a flat tyre and used the noisiest possible powered pump to put some pressure back in his tyre :eek:

This village voted against street lights because they might disturb people's sleep. I'm sitting here expecting letters of complaint and a crowd of villagers with burning torches at my door :tears:

under par
25th-October-2004, 10:23 AM
I had this worry on Saturday night. The only reason they want the music to stop at 11.30pm is that they don't want the village woken up after midnight by a load of cars starting up and driving through after people have gone to bed. So, there I was, at 11.45 I'd asked everyone to leave quietly and make sure they'd left the car park by midnight - one of my guests stayed chatting and smoking (in the car park) 'til 0015 am then found he'd got a flat tyre and used the noisiest possible powered pump to put some pressure back in his tyre :eek:

This village voted against street lights because they might disturb people's sleep. I'm sitting here expecting letters of complaint and a crowd of villagers with burning torches at my door :tears:

You could always give over some KFC as a peace offering! :wink:

latinlover
25th-October-2004, 01:23 PM
Well, I ended up going to Chesham with Miss Sparkles and had a great time, ................................

Oh yes, I danced with Latin lover and I can confirm, his is huge :wink: (comfort zone, that is) :

Oi !!! you 'll get me into trouble! :rofl:

(Lory told me hers was big enough for everybody!! :wink: )

thanks for the great dance Lory :drool: - and to Sparkles - :drool: what a pleasant surprise to see you both there - made my night :clap:
We had a very good night at Chesham thanks to some great music from DJ Ian(don't know his second name) and some lovely dancers.we had originally intended to go to Twyford but left home rather late :sad: - it's farther to travel
I agree 11.30 is too early for grown ups on a Friday night :mad: