PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc Website (Confusing ?)

stewart38
19th-October-2004, 09:30 AM
Is it me or is the above web site becoming less user friendly ?

On the front page there is......

• Buying a beginner's DVD or video.
• Booking on a beginners, Intermediate or Style workshop.
• Going on a Ceroc Dance Holiday.
• Going to a freestyle party night at the weekend. Make sure you
join the mailing list of your local venue so you get emailed each
time there's a party night.
• Maybe finding yourself a regular dance partner and entering the
Ceroc annual Championships
• Becoming a Taxi dancer

No links to these, you can find info on some after searching for a few mins but if anyone can find any info on .. "Maybe finding yourself a regular dance partner and enteringthe Ceroc annual Championships" please let us know where it is ? :sick:

Lou
19th-October-2004, 09:35 AM
Is it me or is the above web site becoming less user friendly ?

Ermmmm..... what's the URL?

:devil:

MartinHarper
19th-October-2004, 09:37 AM
You can find info on the champs here:

http://www.ceroc.com/members/champs.htm

(go to Events... Championships)

Lou
19th-October-2004, 09:45 AM
You can find info on the champs here:

http://www.ceroc.com/members/champs.htm

(go to Events... Championships)

I don't know the answers to your questions, Stewart, but I was amused by the varying dates of the Champs: "Sunday 2nd May 2004 (http://www.cerocchamps.com/)", or "20TH August 2004 (http://www.ceroc.com/members/champs.htm)" :nice:

Ahhhhh... CerocTM! (You know I *heart* you, really! :) )

Gus
19th-October-2004, 10:05 AM
Is it me or is the above web site becoming less user friendly ?PLAY NICE :angry: Its not nice to pick on Ceroc :flower: Come on ... you can't expect a small organisation the size of Ceroc to put together a website that works properly ... only HUGE organsiations like LeRoc2000 (eh Lou :wink: ) and CerocScotland can do that :whistle:

And before I get PMs AGAIN about being anti-Ceroc, the Blitz website is EVEN WORSE :tears:

philsmove
19th-October-2004, 04:26 PM
By clicking on the map I could quickly find: the date; time; location and contact phone number, of my nearest class (40 miles away) :tears:
FAQ answered the basic questions
Oh and NO I could not buy a franchise
Seemed OK to me

Gus
19th-October-2004, 05:22 PM
By clicking on the map I could quickly find: the date; time; location and contact phone number, of my nearest class (40 miles away) I think its has to be said that the map and calendar features are good sub-applications that have been well implemented and are the best part of the site. Personally I would like to see the 'News' page more regulalrly updated but I expect that HQ is at the mercy of Franchisees keeping them posted.

Andy McGregor
19th-October-2004, 06:14 PM
And before I get PMs AGAIN about being anti-Ceroc, the Blitz website is EVEN WORSE :tears:

How can people say that? And are they agreeing or disagreeing with an anti-Ceroc sentiment?

Gus
19th-October-2004, 06:22 PM
How can people say that? And are they agreeing or disagreeing with an anti-Ceroc sentiment?Well ... some think that expressing anything negative about Ceroc is a sin against humanity ... and [in best ODA mode] there are some that think the same about been positive about Ceroc :tears:

ANYWAY ... being positive ... have you seen the CerocKent.com website. Especially liked the list of venue showing maps, venue photos and crew piccies .... EXCCEPT for a hideous effigy puporting to be Gordy. I don't know what they have done to the photo but it looks HIDEOUS...

....whats thats Gordy ..... you actualy look like that in real life??? .... uuurrrmmmm sorry....... :o :o

Emma
19th-October-2004, 10:26 PM
And before I get PMs AGAINThought it was only girls that got that :flower: :wink:

stewart38
19th-October-2004, 11:01 PM
• Maybe finding yourself a regular dance partner and entering the
Ceroc annual Championships
:

your mission should you accept it, is to find any info on this in under 30 mins

Events page is also very confusing

Gus
20th-October-2004, 12:05 AM
Thought it was only girls that got that :flower: :wink:Therein lies the ultimate truth that Men will NEVER have an excuse for thier bad behaviour to match

Andy McGregor
20th-October-2004, 01:18 AM
Thought it was only girls that got that :flower: :wink:

We all suffer in our own way :sick:

philsmove
20th-October-2004, 10:49 AM
Back on subject

Which MJ site would people vote for as being user friendly

Dreadful Scathe
20th-October-2004, 11:04 AM
your mission should you accept it, is to find any info on this in under 30 mins

took me 2 seconds - events menu - championship link. All the info you need, unless of course you expect Ceroc to give you social advice i.e. 'how to talk to people so they think you're normal' in order to find that 'regular dance partner' - maybe they should though...we all know Ceroc is just a fancy singles club :D There should be a 'chatting up beginners' link :)

stewart38
20th-October-2004, 12:51 PM
took me 2 seconds - events menu - championship link. All the info you need, unless of course you expect Ceroc to give you social advice i.e. 'how to talk to people so they think you're normal' in order to find that 'regular dance partner' - maybe they should though...we all know Ceroc is just a fancy singles club :D There should be a 'chatting up beginners' link :)

Of course thats where you should look

Other comments are not worthy of a response in a public forum,why do people still do that on here ? ie personal attacks on just a general enquiry ?

Andy McGregor
20th-October-2004, 01:04 PM
Other comments are not worthy of a response in a public forum,why do people still do that on here ? ie personal attacks on just a general enquiry ?

And why do people take an innocent bit of fun and decide to treat it as a personal attack? :confused:

stewart38
20th-October-2004, 01:46 PM
took me 2 seconds - events menu - championship link. All the info you need,

Doesnt give any info just talks re champs so ...

Background

I got in to 4th round of champs 'lucky dips' dance partner lives way up north
On saturday I was placed 2nd in dance with stranger at Amersham. I dance with this girl a few years ago but 'dont see her around'

I dont think I have got any better over the years maybe I have ?

so it got me thinking..

Now considering I never been placed above 10 (apart from winning musical statutes at Uxbridge years ago and worse dance at another venue, they dont do those sort of things any more ?) why dont I see after 10yrs of doing ceroc leroc etc I give competitions a go

Now I have a 'partner' but she would be first to suggest she isn't no Ginger Rogers so Im not looking for a 'date' or a dating site or probably a regular dance partner (but I guess she would have to be regular if you go for comps ?)

Now asking women is a great idea and ill do that. Then I thought why not try ceroc web site and on front page its there !but there is nothing there ? :sick:

Hence thread.

CJ
20th-October-2004, 01:52 PM
Hence thread.

... unravels before your very eyes.....

(U don't mind if I'm briefly on topic, do you?!?)
I'm sure people have been successful before in meeting a "dance partner" on this here forum before.

So use the real one!!! Not that down sarf pretender!!! :D

Lou
20th-October-2004, 02:28 PM
I know this seems really obvious, but on the champs website which you first directed us to, there's a link under the first menu item: "Champs" called "Dance Partners Required". This allows you to log your name with CerocTM who will then attempt to match you with a partner for their Championships. Or is that not what you meant?

(It's turning into one of those days...... :rolleyes: )

Baruch
21st-October-2004, 04:47 AM
Im not looking for a 'date' or a dating site or probably a regular dance partner (but I guess she would have to be regular if you go for comps ?)
I suppose if she were to switch to a high-fibre diet.... :grin:

stewart38
28th-October-2004, 03:39 PM
Look at the change , see positive feed back works !

Gus
28th-October-2004, 03:51 PM
Look at the change , see positive feed back works !So the fact that the website is still promoting and accepting entries to the 2004 Championships is a postive thing? :whistle: At least they now know what date they held it on. :devil:

stewart38
28th-October-2004, 03:54 PM
So the fact that the website is still promoting and accepting entries to the 2004 Championships is a postive thing? :whistle: At least they now know what date they held it on. :devil:

Whats the going rate for a web 'inputter' :sick: