PDA

View Full Version : Did you say "two left feet" ????

Wendy
18th-October-2004, 12:45 PM
Here's a wee story that should raise a smile.....

On Saturday night G and I were at his parents' Ruby Wedding.. it was a ceilidh (Scottish Country Dancing.. like barn dancing with a poker up your kilt :eek: ) ..100% muggles....His parents had asked us to do CEROC to a track to entertain the troops.. No worries.. :waycool: it was freestyle afterall not a showcase or anything ...we didn't even have to rehearse....So we chose a couple of tracks not even knowing if the band would have a cd player or not .... and anyway we'd think of something for them to play if they didn't...

So I packed my rucksack (remember handbags ???? lol) ....the usual drill.. (been doing this for almost 4 years now!!!). towel... shoes... tights pants top + tights pants top (it might be HALF as sweaty as a ceroc night!!!)..and a tshirt for going home.. make-up.. paper hankies...

I was close to going into competition mode (Amir and Kate's words still ringing in my ears) .. Should I take a sparkly skirt to catch the light???...Should G change from his kilt into trousers with a tshirt to match my skirt ????....Nah.. we didn't want to look too "professional".... this was for muggles not Blackpool .. just family and friends who had known G his whole life.. we kept it "chilled"...

So after the buffet we danced to our chosen track..... it was fine...and G even managed to get me behind him to match a line in the song....(wee champ!!!).... and I did my "thing" (he was wearing a kilt remember !!!) ...and he got in a few flashy moves....sorted...done and dusted... what a thrill ....great !!!!

People came up to us... "that was amazing!!!!"... "I'd love to dance like that but Hubby has 2 left feet"..." I never thought I'd see the day when G would dance like that !!! .. IN PUBLIC !!!".. "oh but it's easy to learn" we'd reply .. "you can learn in one night"... "it's not even rehearsed you know - G makes it all up on the spot"... you know the kind of thing......

"All fine" you are thinking.. well what I omitted to tell you is that when I unpacked my bag and changed into my shoes (they were under the table).. something felt wrong.. "oh I've put my shoes on on the wrong feet" I thought... so I swapped them.. but no !! "oh my god !!! I've packed two left shoes !!!!" I had to dance the entire evening in these shoes including our moment of glory !!! ..(the show must go on !!!!).... oh and you were wondering what the track was.????....it was Kirsty MacColl's "In these shoes" !!!!!!!!!

Wxxx

Gadget
18th-October-2004, 01:11 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
18th-October-2004, 01:27 PM
:rofl: nice :)

Forte
18th-October-2004, 03:06 PM
Wendy, did I read that right? You danced in two left shoes?!!! What a woman! :worthy: Nice story I enjoyed reading it. And congrats to Graham's mum and Dad - forty years - what an ach :cheers: ievement.

Gojive
18th-October-2004, 03:26 PM
Great story Wendy! :rofl: :rofl: