PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve Parties!!

Gus
18th-October-2004, 11:03 AM
Started this thread to promote all the New Year Parties

Winsford New Year's Eve Party!!!
Having proven that the new venue is SUPERB, we've now confirmed that we will be having a NY Party there. At midnight we will be providing a Champers/Bucks Fizz toast, party atmosphere , DJ Gus and guests on the decks and all Gorgeous Gus crew on hand to make it a great night!

OK .. enough of the sales blurb ... we're having a party, would be great to see you there. we're still finalising plans and contacting hotels to try to sort out deals etc. If anyone is interested, please drop me a line.

Winsford is about 6 miles south of our usual Northwich venue, easily accesible from Chester, Manchester, M6, M56 and Mid Wales.

Gus
18th-October-2004, 01:56 PM
Oh yeah .... tickets are a miserly £12 in advance (and we're operating a special deal for dancers who want to bring 'muggle' partners along) :waycool:

Gordon J Pownall
18th-October-2004, 02:54 PM
Look out Bandwagon - here I come..... :what:

There...now that I'm on,

Ceroc Kent will be holding their New Years Eve ball on err.....31 December 2004 at :-

The Great Hall
The Civic Centre
Bronley
Kent

I'll be there teaching a class at 8.30pm (ish) :clap: and Sal (DJ Bunnie of BritRoc et al fame) will be turning the tunes.... :worthy: :worthy:

See you there (if you're not going to Gus's do of course..... :worthy: )

Gordon...x :hug: :cheers:

Gus
18th-October-2004, 03:16 PM
The Civic Centre
Bronley, KentIs this one of those 'new' towns that spring up or a local dialect thing :wink:

Sounds good! Though I've not seen many advertised on UK-Jive so far, there usually seems to be a fair smattering of NY parties in London.

Is the DARK EVIL that is H*psters having a NY event?

Dreadful Scathe
18th-October-2004, 03:17 PM
What is New Years Eve...I am unfamiliar with this concept ?!?! Is it a Southern thing ?

TheTramp
18th-October-2004, 03:22 PM
Is this one of those 'new' towns that spring up or a local dialect thing :wink:
Woohoo. Gus commenting on a spelling/typo error!!! :clap: :worthy:

Trampy

Gordon J Pownall
18th-October-2004, 03:33 PM
Is this one of those 'new' towns that spring up or a local dialect thing :wink:

No.....a little known fact but Bronley is the ancient Anglo Saxon word for a woman of dubious virtue who will perform erotic acts for money....

Now many thousands of years ago prior to glacial activity that caused the River Thames, Essex and Kent were adjoining land masses....

At some point, there was a big freeze and expansion of water caused boulders to forced out of the earth. These boulders travelling acros the land caused a great rift and split Essex and Kent (although they weren't called that at the time).

Some ancient ancestors of Essex girl as she is today were caught on the South side of the split (Kent) and settled in a dodgy bit of land but with no other intelligent life forms to suport the community, and becuase basically the place was a dump, they had to invent a mothod of attracting hunter / gatherer blokes to the encampment.

Using old bones, bits of wood and vines, grass and Mavericks albums, they created what became known as music and such a noise attracted men in to the encampment....

With nothing other than noise to attract the men, interest was soon lost until one girl started to grind her body up against a tree (to scratch an itch) until eventually her knotted rags fell off (as the grinding wore through them).

Grinding of such intensity not only caused her top to fall off, it also shook the little heard of and now extinct Slapperus pussius plasticatum albinum (the white slapper cat) to fall out of its nesting place in the tree and onto the ground below where it was killed instantly by the impact.

The men, noticing all this immediately decided that the view was much better and as much as they wanted to go to the girl (scratching up against the tree) for a closer look, the fear of falling animals kept them away so they just stood and watched.

Hence the term (now popularised in nightclubs) "Hey Guys look at those slappers..." referring to the white handbags on the floor and not the women themselves grinding their bodies to the noise in the background. The bags obvously relate the the white slapper cat of yesteryear....

So, what has this to do with Bronley (well nothing really......)

Is the DARK EVIL that is H*psters having a NY event?

Dunno.....

Gojive
18th-October-2004, 03:59 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Love it!! :D

Lory
18th-October-2004, 04:28 PM
No.....a little known fact but Bronley
~large snip~
So, what has this to do with Bronley (well nothing really......)

Dunno.....
This does explain a lot Gordon! :whistle: :rofl:

Dance Demon
18th-October-2004, 06:04 PM
HOGMANAY BALL
Portobello Town hall Edinburgh. Theme Black & white. Dress Code black tie. Get yer glad rags on. a whole night of freestyle with yours truly and Lindsay on the decks, plus DWAS comp and cabarets. Tickets £15 from me or Lindsay, or you can book online on
HERE (www.boogienights.net)

Dreadful Scathe
18th-October-2004, 07:19 PM
HOGMANAY BALL
Portobello Town hall Edinburgh. Theme Black & white. Dress Code black tie. Get yer glad rags on. a whole night of freestyle with yours truly and Lindsay on the decks, plus DWAS comp and cabarets. Tickets £15 from me or Lindsay, or you can book online on
HERE (www.boogienights.net)
Aha so theres something on at Hogmanay, good, I was thinking there was nothing :)

Lindsay
18th-October-2004, 07:38 PM
Surely only the Scots know how to celebrate NY in style :cheers: but I'm sure Gus's bash will be great too :rolleyes:

Would be good to see some of you folk from down South up in Edinburgh, and if you need help with accomm. just ask. Tickets are selling already, some folk we met at Britroc are coming :)

More info is here (http://boogie.webspace.fish.co.uk/new%20year.htm) As DD says, you can buy tickets online here (http://boogie.webspace.fish.co.uk/apply%20hogmany%20ball.htm)
:cheers:

Dance Demon
26th-October-2004, 05:24 PM
Surely only the Scots know how to celebrate NY in style
Would be good to see some of you folk from down South up in Edinburgh, and if you need help with accomm. just ask. Tickets are selling already, some folk we met at Britroc are coming :)
More info is here (http://boogie.webspace.fish.co.uk/new%20year.htm) As DD says, you can buy tickets online here (http://boogie.webspace.fish.co.uk/apply%20hogmany%20ball.htm)
:cheers:

Tickets moving quickly for this one....don't leave it too late to get yours
:waycool:

Dance Demon
26th-October-2004, 05:28 PM
oops
:blush: :blush:

Lindsay
27th-October-2004, 11:38 PM
Tickets moving quickly for this one....don't leave it too late to get yours
:waycool:

64 tickets sold already!! :cheers:

SilverFox
20th-December-2004, 02:11 PM
So far there's not much useful info on this thread, for us of a southern persuasion.

Where is everyone in the know going on NYE?

Or is it a last minute 'thang'? :cool:

Sparkles
20th-December-2004, 02:12 PM
I'm likely to be at Bisley I think.
It is all very last minute this year though :sad:
S. x

Feelingpink
20th-December-2004, 08:53 PM
Hipsters/Jive Time is indeed having a New Year thang ... hoorah! :grin:

Robin
21st-December-2004, 03:31 AM
So far there's not much useful info on this thread, for us of a southern persuasion.

Well, if its any consolation, we're having a new years DAY chillout & blues party (8pm-1am) at CerocMetro's Finchley/Whetstone venue .... comes complete with tea an croissants at midnight.

Mary
21st-December-2004, 10:40 AM
You've just reminded me to ring up and book our tickets - for Bisley. I know it's a bit of a drive, but a it's closer than Scotland for us (shame).

M

Lounge Lizard
21st-December-2004, 11:36 AM

well I am driving from Eastbourne on the south coast to Stockport Town Hall on NYE
I have DJ'd this venue once before and is is fantastic - and Blitz invited me back to play some tunes at their new years eve dance
LL

RobC
21st-December-2004, 03:32 PM
New Year's Eve

at

BISLEY PAVILION
Bisley Camp (NRA), Brookwood, Nr Woking

Friday 31st December
8pm - 1.30pm
with
TWO ROOMS OF DANCING

Modern Jive & West Coast

Fantastic Ballroom - Guest DJ - Licensed Bar - Free Parking - Cabaret - THE BEST MUSIC!

Fun Intermediate Modern Jive Class & General Level WCS Class starts at 8pm
Glass of sparkling wine on arrival
Coffees, teas & cakes from 1am

Tickets Only £15
(limited numbers)

To Book a ticket please do one of the following:

Pay at one of Ceroc Surrey / Ceroc Plus venues
Call 01483 224719 and pay by credit card
or send a check payable to Ceroc to:
Birch Farm, Oak Grange Road, West Clandon GU4 7UD

Dreadful Scathe
30th-December-2004, 03:04 PM
I notice Stewart38 had started a new topic about New Years Eve parties without checking for the inevitable one that already existed...(dig dig ;)) so i thought Id bring it to the top. I'm also going to complain again about it being called New Years Eve rather than Hogmanay on a Scottish Forum ;). New Years Eve ....its akin to calling it 'Betsy' ...totally alien :).

Graham
30th-December-2004, 03:34 PM
How many aliens do you know called Betsy? I thought they were all called Mork, or Zog, or something.

Dreadful Scathe
30th-December-2004, 03:55 PM
I clearly frequent better Alien Circles than you do. :)

Banana Man
30th-December-2004, 04:13 PM

Have tickets for Bronley :wink: and a couple of muggles parties, think Bronley will be the choice. Heard on Monday that it had sold out, but CerocKent website doesn't say so. Maybe Gordy knows?

Otherwise there's a few things for us southerners listed on another well known website.

Woking Rebel Roc : Rebel Roc's New Year's Eve Masked Ball - HG Wells Conference Centre
Cheshunt Just Jivin' : New Year's Eve Ball - Wolsey Hall
Southampton Mo'jive : Mojive New Years Glitter Ball - West Totton Community Centre
Eastbourne Modern Jive (South East) : Sarah & Graham's 1st New Years Eve Party - Eastbourne Town Hall
Dorset Red Hot Rhythm : The RED BALL - Carrington House Hotel
Hove Dance Party : New Year's Eve Candlelit Ball - Hove Town Hall
Woking Ceroc - Surrey : NEW Years Party - Bisley Pavilion
Guildford The Jive In : New Years Eve Jive Party - Fairlands FLG Centre
Newbury Ginger Jive : Fire & Ice New Years Eve Party - Liberty Ballroom
Berkhamsted Ceroc - Chilterns : Berkhamsted New Year Eve Party - Berkhamsted Town Hall
Clapham Twinwood Events : New Years Eve Party - FORTIES STYLE ! - RAF Twinwood Control Tower **SOLD OUT**

E

Dance Demon
30th-December-2004, 04:53 PM
I
I'm also going to complain again about it being called New Years Eve rather than Hogmanay on a Scottish Forum ;). New Years Eve ....its akin to calling it 'Betsy' ...totally alien :).

Och mon, ye're quite richt........it fair scunners me an' a':wink:

stewart38
30th-December-2004, 05:33 PM
I notice Stewart38 had started a new topic about New Years Eve parties without checking for the inevitable one that already existed...(dig dig ;)) so i thought Id bring it to the top. I'm also going to complain again about it being called New Years Eve rather than Hogmanay on a Scottish Forum ;). New Years Eve ....its akin to calling it 'Betsy' ...totally alien :).

can someone get rid of that thread i forgot the scots start preparing for it in October :waycool:

Who has been to Ealing in the past any good ?

Dreadful Scathe
30th-December-2004, 05:54 PM
can someone get rid of that thread i forgot the scots start preparing for it in October :waycool:

:D althought maybe 'anticipation' rather than 'preparation' - how much preparation do you need to turn up somewhere and get drunk ? :)

stewart38
31st-December-2004, 01:00 PM
Have tickets for Bronley :wink: and a couple of muggles parties, think Bronley will be the choice. Heard on Monday that it had sold out, but CerocKent website doesn't say so. Maybe Gordy knows?

Otherwise there's a few things for us southerners listed on another well known website.

Woking Rebel Roc : Rebel Roc's New Year's Eve Masked Ball - HG Wells Conference Centre
Cheshunt Just Jivin' : New Year's Eve Ball - Wolsey Hall
Southampton Mo'jive : Mojive New Years Glitter Ball - West Totton Community Centre
Eastbourne Modern Jive (South East) : Sarah & Graham's 1st New Years Eve Party - Eastbourne Town Hall
Dorset Red Hot Rhythm : The RED BALL - Carrington House Hotel
Hove Dance Party : New Year's Eve Candlelit Ball - Hove Town Hall
Woking Ceroc - Surrey : NEW Years Party - Bisley Pavilion
Guildford The Jive In : New Years Eve Jive Party - Fairlands FLG Centre
Newbury Ginger Jive : Fire & Ice New Years Eve Party - Liberty Ballroom
Berkhamsted Ceroc - Chilterns : Berkhamsted New Year Eve Party - Berkhamsted Town Hall
Clapham Twinwood Events : New Years Eve Party - FORTIES STYLE ! - RAF Twinwood Control Tower **SOLD OUT**

E

where is the ealing info on web site ??

Mary
31st-December-2004, 01:50 PM
Try www.jivetime.co.uk

You could try ringing the 'phone number given - if he has any tickets left I can't imagine Franco not reserving them for you on the door. :wink: I was calling him about Bognor and the ansaphone message indicates that there are tickets available for the NYE ball.

M

Minnie M
1st-January-2005, 05:29 AM
New Year's Eve
BISLEY PAVILION ........../snip/........ THE BEST MUSIC!

:worthy: the Sheepman rules :clap: :worthy:

great music tonight in BOTH halls but the WCS maestro got my vote for THE BEST MUSIC (see above quote)

Really enjoyed my NYE, great music, great company and some great dances (thanks to The Sheepman / R-K / Tony and of course the lovely Sparkles) and it was really nice to see Mary (loved the top :cool: ) Mrs. Sheepman and RobC (of course)

We definitely had quality (instead of quantity) - which wins every time for me :clap:

Mary
1st-January-2005, 12:03 PM

great music tonight in BOTH halls but the WCS maestro got my vote for THE BEST MUSIC (see above quote)

Have to agree with Minnie - the WCS room was the best to be in. Great music, fantastic (but fast) floor, and I had my best dances in there. :clap:

M

stewart38
2nd-January-2005, 02:03 PM

Really enjoyed my NYE, great music, great company and some great dances (thanks to The Sheepman / R-K / Tony and of course the lovely Sparkles) and it was really nice to see Mary (loved the top :cool: ) Mrs. Sheepman and RobC (of course)

We definitely had quality (instead of quantity) - which wins every time for me :clap:

Someone said there was only 40 people there and she didnt enjoy it at all ?

Cant please everyone

Maybe too much competition now

Minnie M
2nd-January-2005, 02:59 PM
Someone said there was only 40 people there ...........

There was more than 40 but possibly not a lot more BUT as I said it was quality not quanity that made the evening.

The music in both halls was great and the company even better and as there wasn't a lot of people there - there was more time to chat (don't get much of that outside the forum) - that all added up to a good night for me :clap: